13-02-22, 12:32
Hugill and Davies for me.

ToTaL ITK
13-02-22, 12:41
you can have them..we want Ikpeazu

binman
13-02-22, 18:13
Coventry play by keeping the ball and are high energy
Playing Uche will give them even more of the ball as his control is not in Hugill’s league

I’d save him for Blackpool

Hugill has been excellent for us so far

I’d put another midfielder in on Tuesday instead of Harris/Davies and play Doyle off Hugill

Bobby Dandruff
14-02-22, 17:22
Hugill and Davies for me.

Yep.

Hugill looks to be the in form striker and can actually hold the ball up. Davies compliments him very nicely.

Uche off the bench later in the game maybe?

Collins, Watters, and to a slightly lesser extent Harris, are way behind.

Hilts
14-02-22, 17:48
Hugill and Davies.

tforturton
14-02-22, 18:39
Harris and Hugill, then after an hour, Davies and Ikpeazu.

City123
14-02-22, 18:52
Playing Uche will give them even more of the ball as his control is not in Hugill’s league

I’d put another midfielder in on Tuesday instead of Harris/Davies and play Doyle off Hugill
I'm all for defensive solidity, but 3 centre backs and 4 central midfielders may be overdoing it a tad

Rjk
14-02-22, 19:22

lately we've been playing well against teams who come to play football, stick to plan a I think, its against teams who want a scrap we need to change it up

AfricanBluebird
15-02-22, 05:45
Harris and Hugill, then after an hour, Davies and Ikpeazu.

I don't think Harris is good enough at the moment.

Davies offers more pace and movement and seems to work really well with Hugill, so it is Hugill and Davies for me to start.

However, Ikpeazu and Davies could also be a great partnership and we haven't seen enough of that one yet.

Struggling to see Watters getting much game time again this season.. with Hugill, Ikpeazu, Davies and Harris all in front of him.

the other bob wilson
15-02-22, 06:25
lately we've been playing well against teams who come to play football, stick to plan a I think, its against teams who want a scrap we need to change it up

I'd agree with that, the next step, if the intention is to change our ways, is to be able to put out a team that can outfootball the battlers.

OurManFlint II
15-02-22, 09:51
I'm going to my head on the block here and say he looks an absolutely terrible footballer. Fair play to him for making the most of his limited ability (which is something he will admit to)but i hope to god he is just a short term option and we don't seriously offer him anything beyond this season. Saying that, i could watch him play all day. Not sure he should be a starter.

binman
15-02-22, 09:58
I'm going to my head on the block here and say he looks an absolutely terrible footballer. Fair play to him for making the most of his limited ability (which is something he will admit to)but i hope to god he is just a short term option and we don't seriously offer him anything beyond this season. Saying that, i could watch him play all day. Not sure he should be a starter.

I 100% agree with this - he looks like a great fella but he is anything but a touch player - but like Kieffer at International level he is more than likely giving a free kick away when he challenges for the ball thus relieving any pressure

He is great fun to watch though - with the conditions the way they are tonight it might actually be a game for him

splott parker
15-02-22, 15:17

You’re being very harsh, he trapped a ball at the Den last Saturday and it only rebounded ten yards away.:hehe:

2b2bdoo
15-02-22, 16:36

I think he’s great to mix things up from the bench. Came on for his debut and looked decent, didn’t quite get the same effect against Millwall looks a bit rough around the edges. I’m sure he will have his uses and I’m glad we got him on loan but for me Hugill and maybe even Collins would start ahead of him.

jon1959
15-02-22, 16:59
You’re being very harsh, he trapped a ball at the Den last Saturday and it only rebounded ten yards away.:hehe:

I haven't seen that much of Ikpeazu - either for us or for previous clubs. But I did watch him very closely when he came on at Oakwell, and my impression was that he was excellent at collecting and holding the ball. It stuck to him and he protected it brilliantly. That was before he put two defenders on his back and powered into the box to score. He may be as bad as some in this thread are saying, but if that is true he had a very untypical cameo at Barnsley!