View Full Version : Player values

Doucas
20-02-22, 11:14
For the first time in a long time it looks like we have some players that may actually be worth something.

I'm not suggesting we sell any of them but I'm curious how much others think certain players are currently worth. Feel free to tell me I'm delusional with these prices.

My valuations:

Bagan - £4m
I.Davies - £5m
Colwill - £4m
McGuinness - £2.5m
Ng - £2m
Wintle - £3m

Unfortunately if bids come during the summer due to the rebuilding we have to do, 2 or 3 of these may need to be sold.

What do you think?

LeningradCowboy
20-02-22, 11:16
You're delusional.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
20-02-22, 11:18
You're delusional.

Seconded.

Captain_Sensible
20-02-22, 11:24
It's hard to say with a lot of these players what their potential is, would like to see where they all are after a season of championship football and with some of them improving physically

Rjk
20-02-22, 11:28
Delusional

TWGL1
20-02-22, 12:01
Another season like they have had then I would agree with you. They are probably saving the club £20k per week in wages

tforturton
20-02-22, 12:02
None of those are currently worth more than £2m. Those pushing slightly upwards are Bagan, Colwill, maybe Wintle.

Lawnmower
20-02-22, 12:03
For the first time in a long time it looks like we have some players that may actually be worth something.

I'm not suggesting we sell any of them but I'm curious how much others think certain players are currently worth. Feel free to tell me I'm delusional with these prices.

My valuations:

Bagan - £4m
I.Davies - £5m
Colwill - £4m
McGuinness - £2.5m
Ng - £2m
Wintle - £3m

Unfortunately if bids come during the summer due to the rebuilding we have to do, 2 or 3 of these may need to be sold.

What do you think?

These fees are probably not relevant at the moment.

However if those players continue to perform and improve then they could be worth that - or a lot more.

At the moment Wintle is the one who’s showing the real consistency in his game required to justify a fee like that, but the others have real potential.

xsnaggle
20-02-22, 12:08

I'm not suggesting we sell any of them but I'm curious how much others think certain players are currently worth. Feel free to tell me I'm delusional with these prices

My valuations:

Bagan - £4m
I.Davies - £5m
Colwill - £4m
McGuinness - £2.5m
Ng - £2m
Wintle - £3m

What do you think?

But these players are part of the rebuild so why would we sell them in order to buy players to rebuild?
It makes no sense

Doucas
20-02-22, 12:24
But these players are part of the rebuild so why would we sell them in order to buy players to rebuild?
It makes no sense

Because players cost money to sign. Sell one player for £4m and you could get 2 or 3 with that money.

dembethewarrior
20-02-22, 12:32
It makes no sense
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Doucas
20-02-22, 12:38
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

How do you suggest we pay for 10 new players then?

dembethewarrior
20-02-22, 12:40

I agree with somebody else. I've not been argumentative about it, by agreeing with him I disagree with you, get over it :thumbup:

Doucas
20-02-22, 12:43
I agree with somebody else. I've not been argumentative about it, by agreeing with him I disagree with you, get over it :thumbup:

I'm asking you a question, get over it 🙂

dembethewarrior
20-02-22, 12:49
I'm asking you a question, get over it 🙂

I can agree with someone else and not have to answer questions to back up that opinion :thumbup:

Hilts
20-02-22, 12:57
It makes no sense

Spot on.

Hilts
20-02-22, 12:57

Free Transfers , loans.

Bobby Dandruff
20-02-22, 12:58

In fairness, you argue with absolutely everyone.

Get over it.

Rjk
20-02-22, 12:58

if we sell some.of.these guys then we will need more than 10 new players.
we have 11 players for next season at the moment

dembethewarrior
20-02-22, 13:00
if we sell some.of.these guys then we will need more than 10 new players.
we have 11 players for next season at the moment
Spot on

Cleve van Leef
20-02-22, 13:02
Seconded.
Thirded

Vindec
20-02-22, 13:02
I very much doubt whether any of the players mentioned are worth more than £1m and probably a lot less.

xsnaggle
20-02-22, 14:12

If you don't sell those you won't need 10 new ones.
Also you don't have the slightest idea what the finances of the club are when you include what Tan is prepared to spend, which may well depend on where we are come May.

2b2bdoo
20-02-22, 18:41
We will be shedding a load of wages this summer. Obviously players will need to be replaced but no doubt younger players on lower wages and a new manager will need to use the loan market very well like Morison has.