PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year

Eric the Half a Bee
27-02-22, 20:04
I know there's still a couple of months left but who would you say is your player of the year?

Rjk
27-02-22, 20:10
first half of the season, Ryan giles
not really been any players who have been consistently good throughout

Pedro de la Rosa
27-02-22, 20:12
I know there's still a couple of months left but who would you say is your player of the year?

Mark McGuinness I think is probably the only one who hasn't had a real dip in form. Maybe Flint or Smithies are the other candidates? Unless you go for Drameh/Hugill and say they've done enough in their short time.

I forgot Giles, maybe him too.

RichardM
27-02-22, 20:19
What about Isaak Davies?

WJ99mobile
27-02-22, 20:23
McGuinness

life on mars
27-02-22, 20:25
McGuinness or Flint

splott parker
27-02-22, 20:27
NG, been moved about a few times but has been pretty consistent.

The Bloop
27-02-22, 20:31
Joel Bagan or Isaac Davies would be in with a shout.

City123
27-02-22, 20:35
McGuinness, maybe Isaak Davies?

Lawnmower
27-02-22, 21:44
McGuinness, maybe Isaak Davies?

Slim pickings as not many have played that much. Such a huge change in the first 11 from Mick’s team to SMs

It’d be between

Ralls, Smithies, Flint, Ng, and McGuiness

Mad that 4 of those are part of the defence that couldn’t keep a clean sheet for months.

I’d love to see Flint get it due to the unfair criticism he gets from a few arseholes on Twitter, but probably the most consistent has been Joe Ralls.

Eric the Half a Bee
27-02-22, 21:55
Mad that 4 of those are part of the defence that couldn’t keep a clean sheet for months.

Yes, absolutely, it's quite incredible that our season has been one where our poor defence has meant we're in the position we are, yet defenders are the top shouts for player of the year.

Citizen's Nephew
27-02-22, 21:59
No way should any of our defenders get Player Of The Year.

Isaak Davies.

BlueArmy 86
27-02-22, 22:11
McGuinness for me

Rjk
27-02-22, 22:41
maybe Joe ralls

RichardM
27-02-22, 22:49
maybe Joe ralls

I didn't think he has played enough matches, but I suggested Isaak Davies.
Who has played more minutes this season?

binman
27-02-22, 23:11
McGuinness?
I’m sorry the guy is young and shows promise but he’s a long way from being the finished article and looks prone to an error in most games. I prefer Ng as a centre half. I’m thinking Mcguiness will play Aden Flints role next season and will be a lot more comfortable in that position
Joe Ralls has been our most consistent player but it’s hardly been a great season from him either. Giles was good but he’s not here now and Drameh oozes class but won’t be here for long

Normally when you’ve had a crap season the goalkeeper walks it but I don’t think Smithies deserves it

the other bob wilson
28-02-22, 04:30
Seems to me that, with not much more than a quarter of the season left, the best thing to say is that the award is still up for grabs. I couldn’t really nominate anyone at the moment - if I had to though, I’d go for Joe Ralls.

AfricanBluebird
28-02-22, 06:12

Good question.

I would say that Giles and Drameh

Shocking really given the fact that both are loans and only played (will play) half a season each for us.

That is an indication of how poor our squad development has been and how inconsistent some of the senior players have been.

Ng has been good in his new role and McGuiness and Flint decent enough since Morison took over, but you can't give it to them as they have been poor prior to Morison.

City123
28-02-22, 09:51
Funnily enough I don't think our top scorer has been mentioned

jon1959
28-02-22, 10:28
Marley Watkins - best goals per minutes ratio in the history of Cardiff City FC!