Cleve van Leef
02-03-22, 15:31
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585235

Rodney is a moaning Minnie

IanD
02-03-22, 15:42

Derby away last match of the season. Nice. Moaning Rodney here we come. If the club still exists. Rams that is.

stan butler
02-03-22, 16:09

I've never forgiven them for snowgate and the way the club tried to bend the rules feck em.
And fatty Ronney should watch the goal back because his defender was hold and pulling Uche's shirt to

life on mars
02-03-22, 16:31
I admire Wayne Rooney's pluck not sure if he is contractually bolted to Derby, if he isn't then he has done himself no harm staying with Derby .

He certainly tries to play attractive football , 8 points off Reading , but played one more ??

dml1954
02-03-22, 17:44
Not sure how you ‘exceed peoples expectations’ by only winning 10 games out of 35 !

Dave Blue
02-03-22, 17:59
Calls for a fancy dress snow theme again surely?

IanD
02-03-22, 18:33
Calls for a fancy dress snow theme again surely?

Shrek?

Tito Fuente
02-03-22, 18:50
Not sure how you ‘exceed peoples expectations’ by only winning 10 games out of 35 !
When they were selling their best players and not able to sign anyone who wasn't a free agent (and still not allowed to register some of them at certain points), did anyone really expect them to stand any realistic chance of survival?

Without the points deductions, they would be 3 places above us. I'd say that's exceeding expectations, wouldn't you? (I'm guessing it's still a "no").

Their manager and playing staff deserve credit for the results and performances they've got this season. They've far exceeded what people would have expected of them.

dembethewarrior
02-03-22, 19:15
When they were selling their best players and not able to sign anyone who wasn't a free agent (and still not allowed to register some of them at certain points), did anyone really expect them to stand any realistic chance of survival?

Without the points deductions, they would be 3 places above us. I'd say that's exceeding expectations, wouldn't you? (I'm guessing it's still a "no").

Their manager and playing staff deserve credit for the results and performances they've got this season. They've far exceeded what people would have expected of them.

Nicely said.

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
02-03-22, 19:28
Is it true that Lawrence is on 37K a week?

Cleve van Leef
02-03-22, 19:45

Allegedly so.

The Bloop
02-03-22, 19:50

Allegedly so.

Hope he's been paying his chauffeur well over the last couple of years.

Alfresco
02-03-22, 20:47
He's entitled to have a moan. Done a great job under difficult circumstances, got a team playing some nice football. Wouldn't mind him managing CCFC at some time in the future.

Pearcey3
02-03-22, 21:12

They haven’t sold their best players. They were unable to renew Jagielka’s contract, sold but had loaned back another player and sold Shinnie. They kept hold of players of real worth.
They aren’t doing much better than Reading if you account for points deductions....seven points more having played one extra game. We too have had a transfer embargo. The difference between the two clubs is we have regularly had 12 players out injured in a pretty small squad. It is Reading not Derby who have four of the five youngest players playing in the Championship this season.

Rooney has done ok but no more than that.

Lawnmower
02-03-22, 21:27

I think Rooney has done an excellent job, but they are hardly on the bones of their arse player wise.

That side they put out last night was a decent line up.

We’ve got a similar average age in our squad (25) and only 3 players more. (24 v 21). Many of the youngsters they had out have already proven themselves at this level and they certainly seem to have some quality there.

Once again I wonder how many would have been given a chance had the money not dried up

dml1954
02-03-22, 21:31

With the squad they have, they should comfortably be in mid table, even with a 21 point deduction. They aren't. They would only be three points above us but thats irrelevant. They deserved to get the points deduction for deliberately cheating the FFP regulations. They deserve to be where they are. Rooney has always been a moaner. Blame everybody but himself and his inept tactics and players.

dml1954
02-03-22, 21:32
He's entitled to have a moan. Done a great job under difficult circumstances, got a team playing some nice football. Wouldn't mind him managing CCFC at some time in the future.

Now he really would get a warm welcome here !

City123
02-03-22, 21:42
With the squad they have, they should comfortably be in mid table, even with a 21 point deduction. They aren't. They would only be three points above us but thats irrelevant. They deserved to get the points deduction for deliberately cheating the FFP regulations. They deserve to be where they are. Rooney has always been a moaner. Blame everybody but himself and his inept tactics and players.
So you think their squad is better than Bournemouth's?

NYCBlue
02-03-22, 22:04

I would. I want someone with a brain. A tactician. I'd prefer someone like Morison that had to work his arse off his whole career than someone like Rooney who had bags of talent and was always at the top. I'm not saying Rooney didn't work hard, but he has never seen or experienced the game from Morison's position.

Tito Fuente
02-03-22, 22:26

That would mean that they would have picked up approximately 68 points this season (which would leave them 2 points behind Fulham without the points deduction).

Do you think they have the second best squad in the Championship or do you want to rethink your ridiculous response?

Tito Fuente
02-03-22, 22:33
They haven’t sold their best players. They were unable to renew Jagielka’s contract, sold but had loaned back another player and sold Shinnie. They kept hold of players of real worth.
They aren’t doing much better than Reading if you account for points deductions....seven points more having played one extra game. We too have had a transfer embargo. The difference between the two clubs is we have regularly had 12 players out injured in a pretty small squad. It is Reading not Derby who have four of the five youngest players playing in the Championship this season.

Rooney has done ok but no more than that.
Sorry, I appreciate that. They didn't actually "sell" anyone. What I should have said is they lost a couple of key players in the summer and barely had enough players to start the season, relying on their youngsters and bringing in a few aged free agents.

What Reading's performances have to do with Derby is immaterial to discussing Derby's performances. I'm sure many on here would have seen them finishing rock bottom on minus points when they got the -21 points deduction and seeing how their transfer activity was going.

The fact that they've put up a fight and still have a chance of staying up now is showing that Rooney is doing a good job, I think.

Sorry if you disagree.

Pearcey3
03-03-22, 02:14
Sorry, I appreciate that. They didn't actually "sell" anyone. What I should have said is they lost a couple of key players in the summer and barely had enough players to start the season, relying on their youngsters and bringing in a few aged free agents.

What Reading's performances have to do with Derby is immaterial to discussing Derby's performances. I'm sure many on here would have seen them finishing rock bottom on minus points when they got the -21 points deduction and seeing how their transfer activity was going.

The fact that they've put up a fight and still have a chance of staying up now is showing that Rooney is doing a good job, I think.

Sorry if you disagree.

No worries. I don’t think Rooney has done a bad job but I am sick of the media love in for him and Derby. The media have not challenged the club for keeping all of their key players in January. There will be many creditors who will lose out because of their failings. They were unwilling to sell the likes of Lawrence because they want the best of all worlds, ie stay in the Championship and get away with paying nothing like the extent of their debts.

Then there is Beilik. A player who cost somewhere around £8 million when they bought him 2.5 years ago. They have yet to pay a penny of that transfer fee but are allowed to play him.

I mentioned Reading as we are in a similar position with docked points and a transfer embargo but we certainly don’t get all the media love Derby get despite not having screwed any creditors over. I would argue we have had a harder time than them in some ways with weaker squads due to our permanent injury crisis.

It just grates.

splott parker
03-03-22, 06:54
No worries. I don’t think Rooney has done a bad job but I am sick of the media love in for him and Derby. The media have not challenged the club for keeping all of their key players in January. There will be many creditors who will lose out because of their failings. They were unwilling to sell the likes of Lawrence because they want the best of all worlds, ie stay in the Championship and get away with paying nothing like the extent of their debts.

Then there is Beilik. A player who cost somewhere around £8 million when they bought him 2.5 years ago. They have yet to pay a penny of that transfer fee but are allowed to play him.

I mentioned Reading as we are in a similar position with docked points and a transfer embargo but we certainly don’t get all the media love Derby get despite not having screwed any creditors over. I would argue we have had a harder time than them in some ways with weaker squads due to our permanent injury crisis.

It just grates.

You do have the luxury of not living in Arctic like conditions though:hehe:

the other bob wilson
03-03-22, 07:12
Another day passes and still no response from Derby’s Administrators regarding an EFL deadline which ran out close to a week ago - they’re taking the piss.

Undercoverinwurzelland
03-03-22, 08:10
Another day passes and still no response from Derby’s Administrators regarding an EFL deadline which ran out close to a week ago - they’re taking the piss.
They really are. They've missed the end of Feb deadline, are "still considering" bids and are refusing to speak to the EFL. They've said they have funds for the rest of the month but not where they've come from. Give them 24 hours to name their preferred bidder and confirm funding then a week to conclude the sale. It's ridiculous.

Hilts
03-03-22, 08:13

Comfortably mid table.😂😂😂😂

Cleve van Leef
03-03-22, 08:25
They really are. They've missed the end of Feb deadline, are "still considering" bids and are refusing to speak to the EFL. They've said they have funds for the rest of the month but not where they've come from. Give them 24 hours to name their preferred bidder and confirm funding then a week to conclude the sale. It's ridiculous.

They no that they won’t be thrown out, that’s why they haven’t answered.

Undercoverinwurzelland
03-03-22, 09:36
They no that they won’t be thrown out, that’s why they haven’t answered.
Probably right. No point in setting deadlines if there are no consequences for missing them.