PDA

View Full Version : Lazy ref last Saturday

az city
14-03-22, 13:00
One of my pet hates is lazy refs. Last Saturday was a corker.

He barely strolled outside a box twenty meters either side of halfway and got nowhere near the touchlines.

He made decisions from sometimes 40 meters away from an incident.

Normally, I associate it with Premier League officials who have deigned to ref an EFL game. But I'd never heard of Saturday's before.

SOXY BOY
14-03-22, 13:09
I just thought he was a bit over fussy and didn’t t let a bad enough game flow. I wasn’t surprised that he cancelled Hugill’s strike at the end.

RichardM
14-03-22, 14:53
I just thought he was a bit over fussy and didn’t t let a bad enough game flow. I wasn’t surprised that he cancelled Hugill’s strike at the end.

He'd blown the whistle before the shot was taken

SOXY BOY
14-03-22, 15:08
RichardM, That doesn’t surprise me,

BLUEAWAY
14-03-22, 17:37
He wasn’t good but I think it fair to say the Referees seem to get very little help from Linesmen whose only two functions appear to be to say if the ball went out of play or if a player is offside and they are often wrong then. Fouls and shirt holding often happen right in front of them but they fail to call it.

islandblue
14-03-22, 17:43
He wasn’t good but I think it fair to say the Referees seem to get very little help from Linesmen whose only two functions appear to be to say if the ball went out of play or if a player is offside and they are often wrong then. Fouls and shirt holding often happen right in front of them but they fail to call it.

Thought the linesman on the Ninian stand side was doing semaphore. Had to keep asking the ref before making a decision......absolutely hopeless.

RichardM
14-03-22, 18:04
Thought the linesman on the Ninian stand side was doing semaphore. Had to keep asking the ref before making a decision......absolutely hopeless.

I noticed that. He did it once when the ball went out of play and he had a clearer view than the ref.