PDA

View Full Version : Could we realistically sign Gareth Bale next summer?

Forgotmyoldaccount
25-03-22, 17:55
Well? Even if we get him in on a short contract or pay as you play, would be massive for the club.

Rjk
25-03-22, 17:58
if he decides to take a massive paycut, maybe.

I guess he could easily still command well over 100k a week somewhere of he wanted it

BLUETIT
25-03-22, 18:13
We wouldn’t even be able to to afford his insurance cover

Des Parrot
25-03-22, 18:15
It’s entirely his decision. We’d never be able to afford him, but shirley it can’t be about the money, as he could probably buy the club if he wanted. It’s about staying match fit, his family & golf. 6 months covers his bases. If Wales don’t qualify for Qatar, different story.

Tuerto
25-03-22, 18:42
He should never play at Championship level.

Des Parrot
25-03-22, 18:48
€28.5 million salary & sponsorship deals pre tax, equals €20m post tax. Net worth €130m. I don’t think money will be a factor.

Wales, golf, Cardiff

dembethewarrior
25-03-22, 18:52
Do pay as you play contracts even exist?

dembethewarrior
25-03-22, 18:55

No disrespect to Craig Bellamy but Bale is definitely a level above isn't he.

I hope we never see a player that good in this league.

WJ99mobile
25-03-22, 18:57
I would think more likely is Gareth Bale to sign us

He would be off his head to play for a championship team he doesn’t even support Cardiff

Tuerto
25-03-22, 19:08
No disrespect to Craig Bellamy but Bale is definitely a level above isn't he.

I hope we never see a player that good in this league.

Absolutely. He is one of the best players of his generation, at world level. It would just be wrong.

Tuerto
25-03-22, 19:08
Do pay as you play contracts even exist?

They do on here.

splott parker
25-03-22, 19:22
Would a top flight club risk taking him on? If, and it’s still a big if, we qualify for Qatar, the World Cup would be the thing he’d be focusing on. Would a club be willing to still pay him top dollar knowing his priorities were elsewhere and he’d being using them to ‘keep his eye in’? It would be in that club’s fans heads as well should his standards drop or he started missing a few games, they wouldn’t give a shite that he was using himself sparingly because of an upcoming tournament.

Now if he signed for us on a mate’s rate wage, he’d be playing at his favourite stadium and be given a lot of leeway from our fans given taking the odd game off to enhance his chances of performing well for our country is to our benefit, in a way, as well.

I should have started this post with....Dear Gareth....shouldn’t I :hehe:

Tuerto
25-03-22, 19:31
Would a top flight club risk taking him on? If, and it’s still a big if, we qualify for Qatar, the World Cup would be the thing he’d be focusing on. Would a club be willing to still pay him top dollar knowing his priorities were elsewhere and he’d being using them to ‘keep his eye in’? It would be in that club’s fans heads as well should his standards drop or he started missing a few games, they wouldn’t give a shite that he was using himself sparingly because of an upcoming tournament.

Now if he signed for us on a mate’s rate wage, he’d be playing at his favourite stadium and be given a lot of leeway from our fans given taking the odd game off to enhance his chances of performing well for our country is to our benefit, in a way, as well.

He should retire after the world cup, if we get there, it would be fitting. I wouldn't want him to play at championship level. I would hate to see him come off injured at Oakwell on a Tuesday night, it would be horrible. Some things are best left alone in my opinion.

Trigger
25-03-22, 19:34
If he wanted it to happen it would.

I don't think he has ever indicated that he would want to though. I'm sure he would like to be closer to home but compared to Madrid anywhere in England would be close enough and in a couple of years he can do whatever he wants.

It's easy to say he doesn't need the money but when he will be offered far far more to go to even some mediocre prem team I struggle to see him come here.

I'd love to see it though, would be a fantastic lift for the club, the youngsters would learn so much from him and off the back of it we can thicken a few income streams. Great for the fans.

Just don't see it, think on loan was more likely.

2b2bdoo
25-03-22, 19:42
It’s all on him, would love it but can understand him wanting to play in the Prem.

Seems more realistic than when Bellamy signed on loan.

dembethewarrior
25-03-22, 19:46

**** leeway. If he signs he plays.

Cardiff Wales Golf.

dembethewarrior
25-03-22, 19:47
They do on here.
Mental isn't it.

splott parker
25-03-22, 19:50
**** leeway. If he signs he plays.

Cardiff Wales Golf.

Dembe, Dembe, Dembe it’s me that writing him the letter, let's just get him signed first. Once he’s through the door I’ll let you loose then with terms & conditions :thumbup:

The Bloop
25-03-22, 19:55
He's obviously desperate to play in the World Cup and, as such needs to maintain his fitness after his contract expires with Madrid. If no other club signs him then it would be in his own interest to sign for someone - a transfer he could initiate himself. Signing for us would that model.
Saying that though I can see him signing a 1 year contract with someone like like Villa, Newcastle or Brentford.

NYCBlue
25-03-22, 20:37
He's a brilliant footballer and I admire the bloke but I can't imagine Cardiff getting much out of him or Rambo these days. As has been mentioned, the Championship is not the place for them. I think Bale knows what's best for Bale. Maybe a summer playing in MLS and then a couple of months training with a team in the UK. Maybe just rest and training.

NYCBlue
25-03-22, 20:38
They do on here.

:hehe:

goats
25-03-22, 20:43
Wales, Golf, end of……

Pearcey3
25-03-22, 21:07
Not sure I would want to see him playing in the Championship. It’s such a physical League with so many injuries.

Rjk
25-03-22, 21:12
why does everyone seem to think bake is finished, or he's going to retire straight after the world cup.
he's still capable of playing at the top level. he was one of spurs best players when he went there on loan.
I dont think he will be short of offers at all

Pearcey3
25-03-22, 21:16
why does everyone seem to think bake is finished, or he's going to retire straight after the world cup.
he's still capable of playing at the top level. he was one of spurs best players when he went there on loan.

He wouldn’t be short of offers but playing for Wales in a World Cup Finals seems to be his main motivation and retiring after leading his country in them would be a perfect end.

Tuerto
25-03-22, 21:17

His injury record, that simple. If he worked for the public sector, There'd be people on here spitting feathers over his sickness record, and on full pay :hehe:

life on mars
25-03-22, 21:21
Just left a pub after four drinking where two fellas are convinced the deal is done , backed up by two bookies short odds.

NYCBlue
25-03-22, 21:21

No one is saying he's finished. He seems incapable of playing a full season though. I think he has his sights set firmly on the World Cup and I don't expect him to do anything to jeopardize that.

Rjk
25-03-22, 21:25
let's say he could get an offer from a premier League club for a season at ,£150k a week.
and we could maybe stretch to £20k a week?
could be way out but just for an example.

that would mean that he'd be effectively paying about £6 million quid a year to play for us.

he'd have to want to play for is a LOT.

dml1954
25-03-22, 21:36
I would think more likely is Gareth Bale to sign us

He would be off his head to play for a championship team he doesn’t even support Cardiff

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-star-gareth-bale-reveals-20030557

Citizen's Nephew
25-03-22, 21:49
His injury record, that simple. If he worked for the public sector, There'd be people on here spitting feathers over his sickness record, and on full pay :hehe:
:thumbup:F*ck! They'd spontaneously combust! :hehe:

NYCBlue
25-03-22, 21:52
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-star-gareth-bale-reveals-20030557

"He just doesn't want the Wales fans to boo him". Ha ha ha! Can you imagine a Cardiff player being afraid of that?

dembethewarrior
25-03-22, 21:57
Dembe, Dembe, Dembe it’s me that writing him the letter, let's just get him signed first. Once he’s through the door I’ll let you loose then with terms & conditions :thumbup:
I couldn't see such a talent in this league, for that reason I'm out.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
25-03-22, 22:06

Sloop_Jon_Bee
25-03-22, 22:07

blue matt
25-03-22, 23:23
only if he brings Rambo home aswell

they can play the 1st 1/2 of the games, that'll do for me

Optimistic Nick
26-03-22, 00:42

That's for him to decide really, but I sort of disagree. I know what you mean- an elite player like that cheapens themselves by dropping down the ranks as they age. But bale has won everything at club level that there is to win, and he seems confident enough to recognise that his elite says are done. No doubt he could help a side win another domestic league or European club competition, but so what? He's already done that. With the few years of top level football left, what can he do to add to his existing CV? Taking his home town team from the championship doldrums back to the premier League might have more appeal than one more tilt at another champions League medal, and might set him up for another decade in the game in a city and a country he clearly has a genuine affinity with.

These are romantic notions, but Bellamy did it. I don't think its that crazy.... I can see how it might happen.

Its been emotional
26-03-22, 00:56
If we qualify for the World Cup he will be looking for a short term contract to stay fit for the tournament
If we don't qualify he will retire
Also he will not be turning pro golf as he cannot be dealing with all the travelling

Tuerto
26-03-22, 07:52
That's for him to decide really, but I sort of disagree. I know what you mean- an elite player like that cheapens themselves by dropping down the ranks as they age. But bale has won everything at club level that there is to win, and he seems confident enough to recognise that his elite says are done. No doubt he could help a side win another domestic league or European club competition, but so what? He's already done that. With the few years of top level football left, what can he do to add to his existing CV? Taking his home town team from the championship doldrums back to the premier League might have more appeal than one more tilt at another champions League medal, and might set him up for another decade in the game in a city and a country he clearly has a genuine affinity with.

These are romantic notions, but Bellamy did it. I don't think its that crazy.... I can see how it might happen.

Nah, for me, it would be like Richard Burton doing a xmas season of Panto, just plain wrong :thumbup:

BLUETIT
26-03-22, 08:01
Nah, for me, it would be like Richard Burton doing a xmas season of Panto, just plain wrong :thumbup:

https://nation.cymru/culture/the-lovely-letter-richard-burton-wrote-after-an-invite-to-appear-in-panto-in-wales/

Des Parrot
26-03-22, 08:17
Robbie Fowler also did it, JFH did it, John Charles did it, even Kevin Ratcliffe did it …. :hehe::wave:

Tuerto
26-03-22, 08:23
Robbie Fowler also did it, JFH did it, John Charles did it, even Kevin Ratcliffe did it …. :hehe::wave:

And John Aldridge, there's a case building here, Des.

BLUETIT
26-03-22, 08:31

And John Aldridge, there's a case building here, Des.

Gerry Francis

splott parker
26-03-22, 11:50
Bobby Moore, George Best, Alan Mullery, Wayne Rooney, Peter Shilton, about twenty times:hehe:

splott parker
26-03-22, 11:53
Roberto Carlos the other week:hehe:

life on mars
26-03-22, 12:33
for https://www.gambling.com/news/gareth-bale-transfer-betting-odds-3047500

Antonio Conte will have his own ideas of what his squad needs, and he will not be shy in letting his superiors know if he does not deem Bale a good fit. Odds of 2/1 on the best betting sites should therefore be taken with a degree of caution.

Cardiff City Are Shock Second-Favourites To Sign Bale
Cardiff City do not sign players from Real Madrid very often, and you will not find their name mentioned in connection to other four-time Champions League winners.

Yet Bale is a unique case, and various comments he has made in the last year or so have given the impression that he has something unusual up his sleeve.

“It just has to happen after the Euros,” Bale told Sky Sports when quizzed about his future towards the end of his time on loan at Tottenham. “I know what I'm doing but it'll just cause chaos if I say anything now.”

Wash DC Blue
26-03-22, 15:03
I'd like to see him sign for Atleti or Barcelona.

City123
26-03-22, 15:39
Would be hilarious

Baloo
26-03-22, 15:57
Not sure it always works out when players come back.

xsnaggle
26-03-22, 18:27

:fishing:

life on mars
26-03-22, 18:34

His shirt number has been ring fenced

Wales-Bales
26-03-22, 20:25
The great bake off to where?

cityhammer
27-03-22, 08:29
let's say he could get an offer from a premier League club for a season at ,£150k a week.
and we could maybe stretch to £20k a week?
could be way out but just for an example.

that would mean that he'd be effectively paying about £6 million quid a year to play for us.

he'd have to want to play for is a LOT.

Not really as he'd pay 50% tax i'd imagine.

One factor to consider is that he has a personal contract with Adidas, they might have an interest in where he ends up next season.

dembethewarrior
27-03-22, 11:19
Not really as he'd pay 50% tax i'd imagine.

One factor to consider is that he has a personal contract with Adidas, they might have an interest in where he ends up next season.

USA USA USA

delmbox
27-03-22, 12:09
I'm just imagining Morison coming out and slating Bale after a bad performance, saying he's got a lot to learn

Tuerto
27-03-22, 16:52
I'm just imagining Morison coming out and slating Bale after a bad performance, saying he's got a lot to learn

"I took Gareth off after 60 minutes because he just wasn't defending from the front. Tom had gone through what was expected of him and he fell way short; The fact that he had scored three goals, set up the other two and won us a penalty doesn't wash with us as a club and what we expect from our players"

WJ99mobile
27-03-22, 17:05

They genuinely should look at him on a 1 year contract

life on mars
27-03-22, 17:05
Bumped into Bale this weekend in my City shirt gave him a nod, then winked and did a slight quick aylotaloh. 😳

cyril evans awaydays
27-03-22, 17:14
Bumped into Bale this weekend in my City shirt gave him a nod, then winked and did a slight quick aylotaloh. ��

What did Bale do in reply?

splott parker
27-03-22, 18:40
Bumped into Bale this weekend in my City shirt gave him a nod, then winked and did a slight quick aylotaloh. ��

One of your funniest attempts, really is:thumbup::hehe:

A Quiet Monkfish
27-03-22, 19:06
I don't think Gareth Bale would have the season-long impact that Craig Bellamy gave us.

Former Labour leader
27-03-22, 19:16
Just dont think it would work, even if finances could be sorted. Bale, with, hopefully , his WC commitments for Wales and his injury record would be disruptive to a team that Morison is trying to build.

splott parker
27-03-22, 19:36
Just dont think it would work, even if finances could be sorted. Bale, with, hopefully , his WC commitments for Wales and his injury record would be disruptive to a team that Morison is trying to build.

Bellamy or Bale? Which one would you imagine to be more disruptive? ......Bellamy came through with flying colours.

dembethewarrior
27-03-22, 19:43

Let it go.

BLUETIT
28-03-22, 08:52
Lots of money gone on him over the weekend

Gone from 8/1, to 6/4

OurManFlint II
28-03-22, 08:57

Gone from 8/1, to 6/4

And that's why you never see a Bookie riding a bike to work.

BLUETIT
28-03-22, 09:05
And that's why you never see a Bookie riding a bike to work.

My old man had an NSU moped, he couldn’t be arsed with cars.

There’s one :wave:

life on mars
28-03-22, 09:20
Just seen Bale buying an electric scooter in Whitchurch

life on mars
28-03-22, 09:21
I don't think Gareth Bale would have the season-long impact that Craig Bellamy gave us.

Think your right Bella's looked a lot fitter than Bale does now , perhaps a bit of Morison tough love might sort that out

Rjk
28-03-22, 09:34

I think he would be a lot better than Bellamy was for us, I think he would still be a top premier League player

Dorcus
28-03-22, 10:22
I'd like both Bale and Ramsey here; come home lads right now.

Former Labour leader
28-03-22, 10:30
Bellamy or Bale? Which one would you imagine to be more disruptive? ......Bellamy came through with flying colours.

Love to see him here, but surely too complicated, finances apart.

Disco Des
28-03-22, 11:28
Cannot believe there are people here saying they wouldn’t want one of the best if not the best British player off all time who just happens to be from this City playing for Cardiff when he clearly still has so much to offer.

It’s f**king mad.

Dorcus
28-03-22, 11:32
Cannot believe there are people here saying they wouldn’t want one of the best if not the best British player off all time who just happens to be from this City playing for Cardiff when he clearly still has so much to offer.

It’s f**king mad.

Totally agree

Rock_Flock_of_Five
28-03-22, 12:14

It’s f**king mad.

Can you imagine the extra "bums-on-seats" with Bale's signing!!

life on mars
28-03-22, 12:16

I do wonder if we went for it and invested in both Bales and Ramsey with the extra footfall and merchandising would it make sense if it got you up ??

( Up in the premiership way obviously )

Rjk
28-03-22, 12:17
I do wonder if we went for it and invested in both Bales and Ramsey with the extra footfall and merchandising would it make sense if it got you up ??

undoubtedly IF it got us promoted, there would be no guarantees though

splott parker
28-03-22, 12:25

Season ticket sales would rocket, particularly in the family stand I’d imagine, kids would be plaguing their mams & dads to get the chance to see him. First home game would sell out.

The Lone Gunman
28-03-22, 12:27

Gone from 8/1, to 6/4

That doesn't mean a lot of money has been wagered. Transfer markets are small and the bookies take no chances for obvious reasons.

life on mars
28-03-22, 13:41
That doesn't mean a lot of money has been wagered. Transfer markets are small and the bookies take no chances for obvious reasons.

I wonder if bookies raise false flag odds' shortening to get the innocent to jump on a price as it shortens

The Lone Gunman
28-03-22, 14:07
I wonder if bookies raise false flag odds' shortening to get the innocent to jump on a price as it shortens

It's possible, but they keep a tight rein on those markets anyway due to the likelihood of being stung by inside information. Pretty sure they limit the stakes as a rule, so it doesn't take much money for the markets to move.

I just had a look at SkyBet - Spurs are now 11/8 favourites, City are now 3/1 and available at 5/1 elsewhere.

dembethewarrior
28-03-22, 15:00

( Up in the premiership way obviously )

*got US up

dembethewarrior
28-03-22, 15:02

It’s f**king mad.

Playing in the Championship is where a few had the issue, I believe. I may he wrong but I don't recall anyone stating cardiff, me and tuerto were 2 that said he shouldn't play in the Championship.

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
28-03-22, 16:13
Bale will do what gives him the biggest buzz. He's got plenty of money and clearly understands the value of a smile and adoring fans.

Anything is possible!