PDA

View Full Version : Takeover soon?

Trigger
04-04-22, 14:49
I can't read the article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/04/04/investors-circle-cardiff-city-vincent-tan-ready-sell-soon-club/?utm_content=sport&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1649081943-1

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 14:52
Hopefully. Mentioned in the other thread but Tan has left the club to rot in recent seasons and if we can move on as soon as possible then that would be ideal.

Hilts
04-04-22, 14:52
Doubt it.

It will take someone with serious money.

1 of the expressions of interest was probably Sam Hammam.😂

Doucas
04-04-22, 14:58
Mike Ashley incoming if he can't buy Derby....

BLUETIT
04-04-22, 15:14
5 bob and a packet of OXO crisps should be enough

Rjk
04-04-22, 15:19
are we really losing £2m a month? the last few years we've lost £11-12 million a year haven't we?

dml1954
04-04-22, 15:27
Hopefully. Mentioned in the other thread but Tan has left the club to rot in recent seasons and if we can move on as soon as possible then that would be ideal.

I really don't know how someone can have the gall to post something like that, bearing in mind how much it costs to run the club and the amount of money he puts in just to keep it going. If he ‘left the club to rot’ we wouldi be bankrupt, end of.

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 15:40
I really don't know how someone can have the gall to post something like that, bearing in mind how much it costs to run the club and the amount of money he puts in just to keep it going. If he ‘left the club to rot’ we wouldi be bankrupt, end of.

We run at a loss because of years of mismanagement at all levels of the football club, a laughable double act of Ken Choo and Dalman at the heart of the club who have other interests and Tan's refusal to spend time and effort in getting proper football people on board. If we are running at a supposed heavy loss that he keeps plugging the gap on, then who's fault is that?

Canton Kev
04-04-22, 15:45
We run at a loss because of years of mismanagement at all levels of the football club, a laughable double act of Ken Choo and Dalman at the heart of the club who have other interests and Tan's refusal to spend time and effort in getting proper football people on board. If we are running at a supposed heavy loss that he keeps plugging the gap on, then who's fault is that?

Don’t most football clubs operate at a loss?

Rjk
04-04-22, 15:45

almost all championship clubs make losses every year

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 15:55
Don’t most football clubs operate at a loss?

Agreed but not to the extent that we have, especially having been up to the Premier League twice and spent very little in comparison to others in an attempt to stay up. Most clubs debts comes from overspending and "having a go" at promotion and failing to get there, we haven't done that. We have wasted money via Warnock and others because of the set up, which has led to us being in a much worse position than most clubs and only now getting over it. The reason we have wasted so much money is because of a lack of football people that has led to dreadful spending at all levels of the club, and he is the one overseeing all of that. We won't be getting taken over whilst the court case is ongoing anyway but this club in the right hands is an attractive proposition long term. If we became established in the PL then we would get 30k every week, there will be buyers out there in the long term but Tan would need to swallow some pride and take a big financial hit on the sale price as a result of the way he has ran the club over the past eight years.

Wales-Bales
04-04-22, 15:58
It's worth a punt for somebody who can finance a push for long-term Premier League football, but it's a gamble and Tan messed up both of his chances, so I can understand his diminished appetite.

Rjk
04-04-22, 16:01
Agreed but not to the extent that we have, especially having been up to the Premier League twice and spent very little in comparison to others in an attempt to stay up. Most clubs debts comes from overspending and "having a go" at promotion and failing to get there, we haven't done that. We have wasted money via Warnock and others because of the set up, which has led to us being in a much worse position than most clubs and only now getting over it. The reason we have wasted so much money is because of a lack of football people that has led to dreadful spending at all levels of the club, and he is the one overseeing all of that. We won't be getting taken over whilst the court case is ongoing anyway but this club in the right hands is an attractive proposition long term. If we became established in the PL then we would get 30k every week, there will be buyers out there in the long term but Tan would need to swallow some pride and take a big financial hit on the sale price as a result of the way he has ran the club over the past eight years.

yes we completely wasted the premier League money, and we are now operating in a completely different market than we have for years, we need to be smarter and build back up over a few years.

there are signs that the club are already trying to do that, the focus on youth and the activity in the transfer market suggests that lessons have been learned already.

if a new owner comes in, who knows whether they'll be any better?

if tan wants to sell it'll probably be because his other businesses have taken such a hit from covid and doesn't want to keep propping us up.

Rjk
04-04-22, 16:05
sadly our losses are fairly unremarkable for this division

ToTaL ITK
04-04-22, 16:05
It's worth a punt for somebody who can finance a push for long-term Premier League football, but it's a gamble and Tan messed up both of his chances, so I can understand his diminished appetite.

so what's he hanging around for? he could sell up and lick his wounds. just asking

Rjk
04-04-22, 16:10
so what's he hanging around for? he could sell up and lick his wounds. just asking

who knows? why do any of them do it?

Wales-Bales
04-04-22, 16:12
I think it would take a more hands type of person or group to achieve long-term results. Tan may have fancied another go, but his business empire in Malaysia has taken a hit, so it makes sense for him to seek an exit. There are a few other things, but I can't mention them on here.

Hilts
04-04-22, 16:20

No genuine offers would be my guess.

delmbox
04-04-22, 16:33

Who do you think is paying the wages and other bills? Genuine question

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 16:43

The club, who are consistently operating at a loss, so he then covers them losses. Who do you blame for all the money wasted in recent years? Genuine question.

Rjk
04-04-22, 16:45
No genuine offers would be my guess.

some bloke from Guernsey?

delmbox
04-04-22, 16:47
The club, who are consistently operating at a loss, so he then covers them losses. Who do you blame for all the money wasted in recent years? Genuine question.

In the most recent years - Tan, Dalman, Choo, Warnock, Harris, McCarthy. But to say that the man who's putting in millions a year has "left the club to rot" is patently ridiculous

Pearcey3
04-04-22, 16:51
In the most recent years - Tan, Dalman, Choo, Warnock, Harris, McCarthy. But to say that the man who's putting in millions a year has "left the club to rot" is patently ridiculous

Well quite. I remember the pre Tan days when Cardiff City lurched from one financial crisis to another. Tan got it badly wrong over the change to red strips but otherwise he has imo been a very good owner. Be careful what you wish for.

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 16:56

Which all falls on Tan and his lack of getting proper football people on board and not a couple of chancers that to the best of my knowledge have next to no football experience and several other interests to be seeing too as well as Cardiff City.

It is within his interests to cover the losses if he ever wants to recoup anything, but the club has been a shambles off the pitch and an absolute amatuer organisation under his watch for many years so call it what you like but it has clearly not been a priority for him for a long time, can phrase that how you like but the point remains.

Dorcus
04-04-22, 17:03
We're ready for a change IMO and if it happens I'm ready to look upon it optimistically. There's no reason to believe the new owners won't be far better than the current one. Let's embrace change positively.

delmbox
04-04-22, 17:07
Which all falls on Tan and his lack of getting proper football people on board and not a couple of chancers that to the best of my knowledge have next to no football experience and several other interests to be seeing too as well as Cardiff City.

It is within his interests to cover the losses if he ever wants to recoup anything, but the club has been a shambles off the pitch and an absolute amatuer organisation under his watch for many years so call it what you like but it has clearly not been a priority for him for a long time, can phrase that how you like but the point remains.

No, now you're conflating a couple of different points. I'm not saying the club's been run well, which of course is ultimately his responsibility, but this dramatic "he's left it to rot" attitude (and you're not the only one with it) is complete nonsense.

Although if he'd have left the club to rot we wouldn't have lost 4-0 to Swansea because there wouldn't have been a club to play them so maybe he really is the bad guy :sherlock:

2b2bdoo
04-04-22, 17:10
As lovely as it would be to have someone come in and splash the cash I look at so many other championship clubs who have done it and struggle after only for the owners to lose interest.

I’ve got no issue with Tan, a lot worse owners about.

stan butler
04-04-22, 17:10
I can't read the article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/04/04/investors-circle-cardiff-city-vincent-tan-ready-sell-soon-club/?utm_content=sport&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1649081943-1

Hoping that any buyer or invester isn't Sam Hammam or anyone linked to that boil on the clubs arse..
I still have a feeling it will be an asian based buyer or consortium.

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 17:18
No, now you're conflating a couple of different points. I'm not saying the club's been run well, which of course is ultimately his responsibility, but this dramatic "he's left it to rot" attitude (and you're not the only one with it) is complete nonsense.

Although if he'd have left the club to rot we wouldn't have lost 4-0 to Swansea because there wouldn't have been a club to play them so maybe he really is the bad guy :sherlock:

Each to their own but if you don’t think leaving a couple of chancers in charge for the past 5 years is on him and doing absolutely nothing to change it isn’t “leaving the club to rot” and want to describe it differently then that’s fair enough.

I don’t have much interest in going back and forth all evening but I just wish fans didn’t have such an inferiority complex about the club and what it could be if it was ran properly and had a proper set up.

Catchment area and stadium is there, we just need a bit of belief and a proper modern football structure in place, but at the moments we are way behind.

Canton Kev
04-04-22, 17:19
Agreed but not to the extent that we have,

Do you know that for a fact we lose more than all the other clubs? 2 clubs this season have fallen foul of FFP, if rumours are to be believed another 4 or 5 will next season too. Considering FFP is based on losses over time I struggle to believe we’re the worst in the league.

tforturton
04-04-22, 17:29
Interesting to see Derby news-sites carrying the story, on the grounds it might affect the sale of Derby.
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-news-cardiff-6905056

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 17:34
Do you know that for a fact we lose more than all the other clubs? 2 clubs this season have fallen foul of FFP, if rumours are to be believed another 4 or 5 will next season too. Considering FFP is based on losses over time I struggle to believe we’re the worst in the league.

We have cut costs significantly in recent years so I wouldn’t expect us to be bottom, but it has been at the cost of what we see on the pitch due to the mismanagement off it down the years. I said earlier that we haven’t wasted £100k a week on Rooney like Derby did in a bid to get promoted (and credit to them for that I suppose) but I don’t think that makes any difference to the point I’m making about the amateur set up of the club and the fact Tan not showing an interest is the main catalyst for that.

Hilts
04-04-22, 17:39
Interesting to see Derby news-sites carrying the story, on the grounds it might affect the sale of Derby.
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-news-cardiff-6905056

Im sure this 3 interested parties is old news.

Nobody's Rep
04-04-22, 17:41
I think it would take a more hands type of person or group to achieve long-term results. Tan may have fancied another go, but his business empire in Malaysia has taken a hit, so it makes sense for him to seek an exit. There are a few other things, but I can't mention them on here.

Why can't you mention it on here?

Nobody's Rep
04-04-22, 17:46
Each to their own but if you don’t think leaving a couple of chancers in charge for the past 5 years is on him and doing absolutely nothing to change it isn’t “leaving the club to rot” and want to describe it differently then that’s fair enough.

I don’t have much interest in going back and forth all evening but I just wish fans didn’t have such an inferiority complex about the club and what it could be if it was ran properly and had a proper set up.

Catchment area and stadium is there, we just need a bit of belief and a proper modern football structure in place, but at the moments we are way behind.

Not a had a top tier as long as I have been following the club - lots of glory fans that drop us like stone when things go off a little

Vindec
04-04-22, 18:09
Under Tan the club has been more financially stable than I can recall in my 66 years of supporting the club and, given the number of dodgy characters around from even dodgier countries, it seems ludicrous that some people are calling for new ownership.

goats
04-04-22, 18:16

Wage bill can’t be much looking at our squad these days? Surely around a million a month

Pedro de la Rosa
04-04-22, 18:23
Wage bill can’t be much looking at our squad these days? Surely around a million a month
And the rest. We lost 24m in the last accounts, that’s 2m a month

stan butler
04-04-22, 18:35

Why can't you mention it then are you sworn to silence?

Lawnmower
04-04-22, 18:47

Not seen all the accounts, but it looks like Derby, Reading, Bristol. Stoke , Fulham, Bournemouth.. probably Boro, Forest and a fair few others are making bigger losses and we’ve cut costs considerably since then.

However back in the subject of takeover, Im not anti- Tan , but I think he’s run his game now and is unlikely to ever put the money in to make us successful again.

If there is the right owner out there who can do that (a bit ridiculous but say a consortium led by Bale and a few rich buddies or businessman) then why not ?

For all the money Tan put in we are still nowhere near reaching out potential.
It’ll forever be a massive missed opportunity.

Just don’t think it’s a priority for him now and we are desperately needing a bit of fire and enthusiasm from the top.

Knowing our luck the 3 are

Sam the court case
Dai the Dildo Sullivan
Mike half price Ashley

🤦*♂️

Lawnmower
04-04-22, 18:50

Wage bill is considerably less now. Some sites have it as £12m.
Will be next to nothing in the summer - should be a decent amount of room for manoeuvre.

9 of our 10 highest earners either left Xmas ( Moore) or out of contract

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 18:50
Well quite. I remember the pre Tan days when Cardiff City lurched from one financial crisis to another. Tan got it badly wrong over the change to red strips but otherwise he has imo been a very good owner. Be careful what you wish for.

In what respect would you say Vincent Tan has been a very good owner? Is it simply because he has kept putting money into the club to cover a large percentage of the losses the employees he's appointed have accumulated? Or are there other aspects of his ownership that you would regard as very good?

Lawnmower
04-04-22, 18:52
In what respect would you say Vincent Tan has been a very good owner? Is it simply because he has kept putting money into the club to cover a large percentages of the losses the employees he's appointed have accrued? Or are there other aspects of his ownership that you would regard as very good?

Pearcey’s is a Reading fan Dave.
Probably compared to the state their owner has got them in Tan is a master

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 18:55
Not seen all the accounts, but it looks like Derby, Reading, Bristol. Stoke , Fulham, Bournemouth.. probably Boro, Forest and a fair few others are making bigger losses and we’ve cut costs considerably since then.

Not Bournemouth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60916512

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 18:58
Pearcey’s is a Reading fan Dave.

I'm aware of that, but I'm still interested in why he (or anyone) believes Tan has been a very good owner. Is it just the old 'it could be worse' argument, or is there more to it?

Lawnmower
04-04-22, 19:07
Not Bournemouth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60916512

That was their 1st year down and based on selling £80m of players. And spending very little.

This year that’s just £20m and that on a player who they had spent £14m on ( some of which would have already been amortised)

They’ve also spent about £12m plus some big loans.

I’d bet they make a far bigger loss this season given the squad they’ve got and the money they’ve spent.

Their reported wage bill is £36m as well which wipes out the advantage of their parachute payments.

Lawnmower
04-04-22, 19:08
I'm aware of that, but I'm still interested in why he (or anyone) believes Tan has been a very good owner. Is it just the old 'it could be worse' argument, or is there more to it?

I guess because we haven’t gone bust or had points deductions.

But it’s a low bar 😉

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 19:09
I’d bet they make a far bigger loss this season given the squad they’ve got and the money they’ve spent.

And I'd bet they get promoted. The odds are currently 1/12.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 19:10
I guess because we haven’t gone bust or had points deductions.

Exactly. 'It could be worse.....'

Pearcey3
04-04-22, 19:12
In what respect would you say Vincent Tan has been a very good owner? Is it simply because he has kept putting money into the club to cover a large percentage of the losses the employees he's appointed have accumulated? Or are there other aspects of his ownership that you would regard as very good?

I remember the days when Cardiff had nothing. I had an insurance claim at the club back in the 90’s when it was clear they hadn’t got a penny to their name. They were in the basement division. Three were times when the club were in constant financial distress with the club’s existence in doubt.

You have had complete financial stability under Tan with two promotions to the top flight, showpiece Cup occasions and at the worst a solid tier two side. That compares very favourably with most of your history. He has stayed loyal to the club far beyond plenty of owners. I compare him to the likes of Zingarevich who left our club high and dry, The Thais who took off with the land surrounding our stadium and Yongge with his reckless spending and think you could have been pretty lucky.

So many clubs have been run badly by comparison. Not many foreign owners stick it out as long as he has.

Rjk
04-04-22, 19:17

I thought it was 11m

Nobody's Rep
04-04-22, 19:19
I remember the days when Cardiff had nothing. I had an insurance claim at the club back in the 90’s when it was clear they hadn’t got a penny to their name. They were in the basement division. Three were times when the club were in constant financial distress with the club’s existence in doubt.

You have had complete financial stability under Tan with two promotions to the top flight, showpiece Cup occasions and at the worst a solid tier two side. That compares very favourably with most of your history. He has stayed loyal to the club far beyond plenty of owners. I compare him to the likes of Zingarevich who left our club high and dry, The Thais who took off with the land surrounding our stadium and Yongge with his reckless spending and think you could have been pretty lucky.

So many clubs have been run badly by comparison. Not many foreign owners stick it out as long as he has.

I would add a quality stadium allowing for it to become the home of the welsh national side and attracting european finals

Quality training facilities available to the club

Awards for their family approach and community work

But.... I am not a Tan fan particularly just don't think it is as black and white as the he is either great or not argument - he has done some good things and done some bad things

blue matt
04-04-22, 19:21

indeed :thumbup:, but some long for them long romantic beach walks when Scam was in charge, they do seem to gloss over the fact that Scam conned them all and took all he could from the club, of course they are just minor details :shrug:

Ninian1962
04-04-22, 19:24

We made a loss of £12m in the last published accounts not £24m

blue matt
04-04-22, 19:27

:thumbup:

Pearcey3
04-04-22, 19:27
I would add a quality stadium allowing for it to become the home of the welsh national side and attracting european finals

Awards for their family approach and community work

But.... I am not a Tan fan particularly just don't think it is as black and white as the he is either great or not argument - he has done some good things and done some bad things

Yep I was going to add the stadium which is another plus. Football ownership is incredibly difficult especially at Championship level. All in all you have been secure under Tan. Far more so than many clubs.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 19:31
You have had complete financial stability under Tan with two promotions to the top flight, showpiece Cup occasions and at the worst a solid tier two side. That compares very favourably with most of your history. He has stayed loyal to the club far beyond plenty of owners.

Forget the distant past, and even forget the immediate past before Tan took charge, when City were in financial trouble (as always) but had just lost the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

You maintained Tan has been 'a very good owner'. He's owned the club since the beginning of the 2010/11 campaign. During his twelve seasons as owner, City reached the Carling Cup final and were promoted to the Premier League twice, but they were relegated immediately on both occasions.

The club is now deeper in debt than it was when Tan took over and it's also further back in the Football League pecking order than it was when he arrived. The football has been dire for large chunks of his tenure and this season the club has suffered a record number of consecutive defeats as it has bumbled around in the lower reaches of the table.

Do you believe there has been any genuine progress during Tan's time here? If so, in what respect?

TWGL1
04-04-22, 19:36
Forget the distant past, and even forget the immediate past before Tan took charge, when City were in financial trouble (as always) but had just lost the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

You maintained Tan has been 'a very good owner'. He's owned the club since the beginning of the 2010/11 campaign. During his twelve seasons as owner, City reached the Carling Cup final and were promoted to the Premier League twice, but they were relegated immediately on both occasions.

The club is now deeper in debt than it was when Tan took over and it's also further back in the Football League pecking order than it was when he arrived. The football has been dire for large chunks of his tenure and this season the club has suffered a record number of consecutive defeats as it has bumbled around in the lower reaches of the table.

Do you believe there has been any genuine progress during Tan's time here? If so, in what respect?

The stadiums value has increased which helps the balance sheet and the capacity has increased by 6,300. Corporate capacity is also significantly more.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 19:36

The stadium was here before Tan arrived and it was already hosting Wales games too, although Tan did add the extra stand.

As for the training facilities, aren't those the same as they were before he got here? I know there was talk of new training facilities as a part of the rebrand package, but I don't think they were ever built, or were they? Not sure.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 19:37
The stadiums value has increased which helps the balance sheet and the capacity has increased by 6,300. Corporate capacity is also significantly more.

Excellent. But the club is deeper in debt now than it was in 2010, I believe.

Pearcey3
04-04-22, 19:43

Of course you had progress by winning promotion to the top flight twice. How many times have the club won promotion to the top flight in their entire history? Admittedly you didn’t stay there and I guess that was a failure. However precious few clubs stick it out in the top flight for too long beyond the usual suspects.

On the debt side how many clubs debts are lower now than 12 years ago? That’s the way it is with modern football. It’s now how it should be for any well run business but football clubs are not well run.

Are Cardiff are a more attractive proposition for any would be buyer now than they were pre Tan? Time will tell but I reckon they are. That’s partly down to having a modern upgraded stadium where the national team play in brilliant, highly atmospheric occasions. That’s happened under his watch with the stadium capacity increase and training facilities.

TWGL1
04-04-22, 19:45
It’s bound to have increased though with the high transfer fees and wages , and the Covid shutdown would have had a negative effect also.

I’m assuming about 70% of football clubs within the professional game has seen a significant increase in debt since 2010 taking into account inflation / cost of living etc.

From what I’ve seen our losses are not the worst by any means. Have a look at Blackburn, Bristol, Birmingham, Ipswich Town and the like just as a reference point when it comes to overall debt.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 19:50
Of course you had progress by winning promotion to the top flight twice. How many times have the club won promotion to the top flight in their entire history? Admittedly you didn’t stay there and I guess that was a failure. However precious few clubs stick it out in the top flight for too long beyond the usual suspects.

On the debt side how many clubs debts are lower now than 12 years ago? That’s the way it is with modern football. It’s now how it should be for any well run business but football clubs are not well run.

Are Cardiff are a more attractive proposition for any would be buyer now than they were pre Tan? Time will tell but I reckon they are. That’s partly down to having a modern stadium where the national team play in brilliant, highly atmospheric occasions. That’s happened under his watch.

Promotion is not progress when it's immediately followed by relegation and further deterioration. Especially when it ends up costing a club even more money in the long run.

You haven't really attempted to answer the question but, to be honest, I'm not surprised.

And as for the stadium, it was built and hosted Wales matches before Tan got here. Surely you're not going to credit him with the upturn in Wales's fortunes?

:hehe:

Ninian1962
04-04-22, 19:50
Excellent. But the club is deeper in debt now than it was in 2010, I believe.

The net debt at May 2021 was £30m higher than it was in May 2010.

Pearcey3
04-04-22, 19:53
Promotion is not progress when it's immediately followed by relegation and further deterioration. Especially when it ends up costing a club even more money in the long run.

You haven't really attempted to answer the question but, to be honest, I'm not surprised.

And as for the stadium, it was built and hosted Wales matches before Tan got here. Surely you're not going to credit him with the upturn in Wales's fortunes?

As you well know the stadium capacity increased under Tan. There was no guarantee the Wales games would remain st the CCS during his time as owner. They have done.
I note you haven’t bothered answering my questions but that comes as no surprise.
You really are glass half empty aren’t you:hehe:

Nobody's Rep
The stadium was here before Tan arrived and it was already hosting Wales games too, although Tan did add the extra stand.

As for the training facilities, aren't those the same as they were before he got here? I know there was talk of new training facilities as a part of the rebrand package, but I don't think they were ever built, or were they? Not sure.
Your memory maybe better than mine but I though the Wales games were being shared around the grounds and I thought tans first year of ownership coincided with the new facilties in the Vale

The added top tier has definitely made it a better european / international prospect but obviously we very rarely fill it as a club only with as much plastic as the seats

I would just restate what I said earlier I don't think its a case of good or bad but a balance over his tenure but even with me defending his record I am of a view it is time for change as long as it is a considered sale and not a panic sale as that could be a disaster

The Lone Gunman
It’s bound to have increased though with the high transfer fees and wages , and the Covid shutdown would have had a negative effect also.

I’m assuming about 70% of football clubs within the professional game has seen a significant increase in debt since 2010 taking into account inflation / cost of living etc.

From what I’ve seen our losses are not the worst by any means. Have a look at Blackburn, Bristol, Birmingham, Ipswich Town and the like just as a reference point when it comes to overall debt.

Here's the simple facts: the figures in the last accounts indicate (very clearly) that the club's debt is currently much higher than it was when Tan took over, and that's despite him converting plenty of debt to equity in recent years. The club is also consistently operating with far greater losses than it was before he arrived.

Loads of reasons for the above I'm sure, but it's fact nonetheless.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 20:00
I note you haven’t bothered answering my questions but that comes as no surprise.

I'll have a go then.....

Q: Of course you had progress by winning promotion to the top flight twice. How many times have the club won promotion to the top flight in their entire history?

A: Five times in total. They've been relegated immediately on two occasions - 2013/14 and 2018/19.

Q: On the debt side how many clubs debts are lower now than 12 years ago?

A: I have absolutely no idea.

Q: Are Cardiff are a more attractive proposition for any would be buyer now than they were pre Tan?

A: I have no idea, but the club would almost certainly have been a lot cheaper to buy in 2010 than it is now.

BLUEAWAY
04-04-22, 20:06

The story says that one buyer is known to have shown an interest in several clubs. I guess you don’t care who buys City

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 20:08
Your memory maybe better than mine but I though the Wales games were being shared around the grounds and I thought tans first year of ownership coincided with the new facilties in the Vale

I think you're right about the stadium, although a quick look at the fixtures for 2010/11 shows that four of the five home games that season were played at the CCS.

As for the training facilities, maybe somebody knows the answer to this (I don't), but I think the facilities at the Vale are the same and City merely have planning permission for improved facilities.

SLUDGE FACTORY
04-04-22, 20:13
What's pretty shite is that a consortium of businessmen or indeed women from Cardiff or a popstar hasn't invested in CCFC

Wtf is a family of the pie lot investing in Cardiff blues who quite frankly are not going to bring media money and what goes with it to Cardiff ?

I thought Bob Grogan was a good bloke for keeping the club alive and even Clemo although at the time I thought he was Satan.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 20:13
I thought tans first year of ownership coincided with the new facilties in the Vale

Here you go:

https://www.barryanddistrictnews.co.uk/news/17676632.cardiff-city-fc-training-centre-get-vale-glamorgan-planning-approval/

Planning permission in 2013. More planning permission in 2019. Not sure how that works, but I don't think anything has been built yet.

Gnojek
04-04-22, 20:16
Here you go:

https://www.barryanddistrictnews.co.uk/news/17676632.cardiff-city-fc-training-centre-get-vale-glamorgan-planning-approval/

Planning permission in 2013. More planning permission in 2019. Not sure how that works, but I don't think anything has been built yet.

Planning permission is usually valid for five years. No idea if it was re-granted in 2019 or whether that was for a different plan.

TWGL1
04-04-22, 20:17
What's pretty shite is that a consortium of businessmen or indeed women from Cardiff or a popstar hasn't invested in CCFC

Wtf is a family of the pie lot investing in Cardiff blues who quite frankly are not going to bring media money and what goes with it to Cardiff ?

I thought Bob Grogan was a good bloke for keeping the club alive and even Clemo although at the time I thought he was Satan.

Peters Pies are hardly Vincent Tan level in respect of financial clout are they ?

Nobody's Rep
04-04-22, 20:19
Here you go:

Nice one - I remember different phases of planning consent being given and there is development approved in llanrumney last year but still don't remember when we started using the Vale - I remember taking my boy to see training but Malky was boss then

But then I'm 57 so if I remember my name and address my head is full 👍👍

Gnojek
04-04-22, 20:20
Nice one - I remember different phases of planning consent being given and there is development approved in llanrumney last year but still don't remember when we started using the Vale - I remember taking my boy to see training but Malky was boss then

But then I'm 57 so if I remember my name and address my head is full ����

Fairly sure the Llanrumney development is for the Academy.

Nobody's Rep
04-04-22, 20:25
Fairly sure the Llanrumney development is for the Academy.

Yes you are right 👍 and another example to add to the list of positives unless it remains a pipe dream

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 20:27

City were training at the Vale under Dave Jones.

New training facilities at the Vale were initially promised as a part of the rebrand package:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18324804

Planning permission was announced in 2013 and again in 2019 (as Gnojek says, probably some sort of renewal).

Has work got underway on these new training facilities yet? Someone might know for sure, but as far as I'm aware there's no sign of them a decade after they were first publicised to fans as a rebrand sweetener.

SLUDGE FACTORY
04-04-22, 20:28
Peters Pies are hardly Vincent Tan level in respect of financial clout are they ?

Well if he's that rich why are people looking for new owners ?

If Sidolis ice cream from porthcawl took over it would be great as they are all city fans

But they are not very rich

dembethewarrior
04-04-22, 20:42

This is a heavy load you're dragging around with you mate. Let it go, you'll find you're a lot happier once you stop dragging things along that aren't all that important to your day to day life.

Must take a LOT of energy to dislike someone this much.

dembethewarrior
04-04-22, 20:43
Hoping that any buyer or invester isn't Sam Hammam or anyone linked to that boil on the clubs arse..
I still have a feeling it will be an asian based buyer or consortium.

Let it go stan ffs it's unhealthy :hehe:

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 20:53
As an aside to the takeover talk, I learned last week that Mehmet Dalman now lives in Monaco. There was no reason for me to disbelieve the person who told me this, but I Googled it anyway and it turns out Dalman has in fact lived in Monaco for some time.

So, City's owner lives and operates in Malaysia, as do the mysterious board members Marco Caramella, Derek Chin and Danni Rais. The club's Chairman lives in Monaco. The CEO spends much of his time overseeing Tan's car dealership in London, where Dalman is also a director. Jalil Rasheed became a director of CCFC in July 2021, but has already resigned without ever attending a game. Which leaves Steve Borley as the only director who is actually based in Wales.

What a set-up.

Eric the Half a Bee
04-04-22, 20:54
As an aside to the takeover talk, I learned last week that Mehmet Dalman now lives in Monaco. There was no reason for me to disbelieve the person who told me this, but I Googled it anyway and it turns out Dalman has in fact lived in Monaco for some time.

So, City's owner lives and operates in Malaysia, as do the mysterious board members Marco Caramella, Derek Chin and Danni Rais. The club's Chairman lives in Monaco. The CEO spends much of his time overseeing Tan's car dealership in London, where Dalman is also a director. Jalil Rasheed became a director of CCFC in July 2021, but has already resigned without ever attending a game. Which leaves Steve Borley as the only director who is actually based in Wales.

What a set-up.

Aye, but we spent months coping during lockdown on Zoom.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 20:55
Aye, but we spent months coping during lockdown on Zoom.

Yma o Hyd.

Eric the Half a Bee
04-04-22, 20:56
Yma o Hyd.

Des Parrot
04-04-22, 21:08
Any bored Hollywood actors with cash to throw away. There’s at least 30 listed with $250m available.. Seems to be working up north.

Alfresco
04-04-22, 21:17

Tan got us to the Premier league twice and to Wembley 4 times, what other owner as done that. Tan will go down as the greatest.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 21:22
Tan got us to the Premier league twice and to Wembley 4 times, what other owner as done that.

Wembley four times? Are you sure?

Lawnmower
04-04-22, 21:24
Here you go:

I’m not 100% but weren’t we sharing with the Blues down there and leasing it off Gerald Leekes ?

Like you I’m not sure it happened , but I also thought it had been upgraded in the last few years.

Also debts are higher, but pre Tan there were some pretty smelly debts in the books, ( as Ridsdake looked for even more desperate forms of financing) .. and the club was really heading forward big trouble..at least now the majority are to Tan and genuinely will leave with him… unlike others who lied about the same.

The Lone Gunman
04-04-22, 21:37
I’m not 100% but weren’t we sharing with the Blues down there and leasing it off Gerald Leekes ?

I don't know about Leekes, but CCFC are still leasing the training facilities at the Vale according to this:

https://www.commercialnewsmedia.com/archives/94926

There are all sorts of things down there now - an FAW pavilion, a WRU centre of excellence, ten different pitches, etc.

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 21:45
This is a heavy load you're dragging around with you mate. Let it go, you'll find you're a lot happier once you stop dragging things along that aren't all that important to your day to day life.

Must take a LOT of energy to dislike someone this much.

:hehe: quite the leap mate but glad to see you must agree with my points. I’ll sleep easy, it won’t change any time soon with the court case but do admit I find it baffling when people claim we’re lucky to have him as owner. Take care :thumbup:

dembethewarrior
04-04-22, 21:49
:hehe: quite the leap mate but glad to see you must agree with my points. I’ll sleep easy, it won’t change any time soon with the court case but do admit I find it baffling when people claim we’re lucky to have him as owner. Take care :thumbup:

It's not really a leap, you are dragging it around with you, it can't be healthy.

SunderlandBluebird
04-04-22, 22:02
It's not really a leap, you are dragging it around with you, it can't be healthy.

Aye, 10 posts about it for the first time in as long as I can remember, think a CCMB intervention may be needed :hehe:

dembethewarrior
04-04-22, 22:15
Aye, 10 posts about it for the first time in as long as I can remember, think a CCMB intervention may be needed :hehe:

And me, you seem to have a VT problem :thumbup:

UNDERHILL1927
05-04-22, 05:53

What a set-up.

Borley the puppet, may as well live in Malaysia.

If we are taken over, brilliant. We have become a bit like a stale marriage where the one side has forgiven the other for banging a bartender on a weekend away, but deep down the bitterness remains (for me, and a lot of my mates anyway)

goats
05-04-22, 06:06

What a set-up.

For all his wealth, Tan hasn’t really grasped how to run a club properly yet, or he doesn’t seem to put the right people in place.

stan butler
05-04-22, 06:22
Let it go stan ffs it's unhealthy :hehe:

No..
And that could be said about the boil on the clubs arse to:thumbup:

Armitage Shanks
05-04-22, 07:21
Any bored Hollywood actors with cash to throw away. There’s at least 30 listed with $250m available.. Seems to be working up north.

Will Smith may have time on his hands now.
Also William "the slap" Smith has a Welsh twang to it.

UNDERHILL1927
05-04-22, 07:24
Will Smith may have time on his hands now.
Also William "the slap" Smith has a Welsh twang to it.

William “slapper” Smith would be better in my opinion. Let’s not mess this up, his investment depends on it.

Ninian1962
05-04-22, 07:31

What a set-up.

Dave
For years i have been asking the club , on a regular and frequent basis, what the Malaysian based directors contribute to CCFC. The club has always refused to say , I believe on the basis that the answer rhymes with Porthcawl.
However , it is possible that one or more of them receives directors` remuneration from the club as the 20/21 audited accounts show £550k of such remuneration of which £413k was paid to the highest paid director, leaving £137k of payments to other director(s). In 19/20 the figures were £507k and £215k. On the assumption that Ken Choo is the likely highest paid director and on the basis that Mehmet Dalman stated in a meeting with fans in October last year that he receives no salary from CCFC , then it must be either Steve Borley and/or one or more of the Malaysian based directors that was paid for services unknown.
M Dalman may not get a salary as he has stated but he does get management fees through his company WMG Funds Ltd. In 20/21 those fees were £297k

Lawnmower
05-04-22, 08:20
I don't know about Leekes, but CCFC are still leasing the training facilities at the Vale according to this:

There are all sorts of things down there now - an FAW pavilion, a WRU centre of excellence, ten different pitches, etc.

Nice research Dave 👍

WJ99mobile
05-04-22, 08:24

Surely leasing a facility is far more cost effective than building our own

delmbox
05-04-22, 08:24
Maybe we'll ultimately know how good/bad an owner Tan is or has been when he eventually leaves the club. If he leaves demanding to be repaid everything he's put in then he'll go on my shitlist alongside Jim Davidson and Obafemi Martins

blue matt
05-04-22, 08:26
Maybe we'll ultimately know how good/bad an owner Tan is or has been when he eventually leaves the club. If he leaves demanding to be repaid everything he's put in then he'll go on my shitlist alongside Jim Davidson and Obafemi Martins

have to hope he doesn't threaten to shut down the club and kill it and then 20 years on try and sue us for the umpteen time :shrug:

TWGL1
05-04-22, 08:29
Wembley four times? Are you sure?

FA cup semifinal
FA Cup Final
Carling Cup Final
Playoff Final

The Lone Gunman
05-04-22, 08:36
FA cup semifinal
FA Cup Final
Carling Cup Final
Playoff Final

And those appearances at Wembley all came after Tan arrived?

The Lone Gunman
05-04-22, 08:41
Surely leasing a facility is far more cost effective than building our own

Who knows? Senior club officials have been talking about building their own training facility at the Vale for more than a decade and they’ve gone to the lengths of getting planning permission for it (twice), so they seem to believe it would be beneficial.

TWGL1
05-04-22, 08:43
Ah , no , I stand corrected

Trigger
05-04-22, 09:21
He has done ok for me, rescued the rebrand shocker and we have been promoted twice.

However a club of our size with the stadium we have "should" be competing at this level as a minimum (there are bigger clubs at this level and we have no divine right of course).

The 2 promotions were welcome, larger clubs have struggled more of course but equally smaller clubs have done far better during Tan's time also.

We blew two fantastic opportunities to push on, for whatever reasons.

For me a change would be good, mostly as I can't see anything ahead but struggle with an ownership that whilst servicing the debts and paying the bills just doesn't seem interested at all.

There is no ambition, no energy or drive about the club. I don't think you need to spend massive amounts for ambition either, sometimes just an owner and management that show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice.

We just...... Drift

stan butler
05-04-22, 10:55
Tan has made poor decisions but he has been the best and most succesful owner in decades.

Dorcus
05-04-22, 11:33
Tan has made poor decisions but he has been the best and most succesful owner in decades.

It's been a very low bar Stan. We've never had any luck with owners.

WJ99mobile
05-04-22, 11:45
It's been a very low bar Stan. We've never had any luck with owners.

Think that goes for the majority of football clubs.

I think he's the best owner we've had for decades and think many would swap theirs for ours

Armitage Shanks
05-04-22, 12:24
Rick Wright would have been a good owner, if he had the investment of others.

stan butler
05-04-22, 15:12
Rick Wright would have been a good owner, if he had the investment of others.

Rick Wright seemed to have a plan but not the funds which was a shame.

Moodybluebird
05-04-22, 16:41
He has done ok for me, rescued the rebrand shocker and we have been promoted twice.

However a club of our size with the stadium we have "should" be competing at this level as a minimum (there are bigger clubs at this level and we have no divine right of course).

The 2 promotions were welcome, larger clubs have struggled more of course but equally smaller clubs have done far better during Tan's time also.

We blew two fantastic opportunities to push on, for whatever reasons.

For me a change would be good, mostly as I can't see anything ahead but struggle with an ownership that whilst servicing the debts and paying the bills just doesn't seem interested at all.

There is no ambition, no energy or drive about the club. I don't think you need to spend massive amounts for ambition either, sometimes just an owner and management that show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice.

We just...... Drift

I disagree that to "show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice". Without significant investment they would just be empty words. Anyone can stir the fans passions by promising the Earth but at the end of the day it all comes down to money.

Sam had all those things you desire, like ambition, energy and drive and we all know how that turned out.

Tan is not perfect but he's the best owner we've ever had.

dembethewarrior
05-04-22, 16:48
I disagree that to "show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice". Without significant investment they would just be empty words. Anyone can stir the fans passions by promising the Earth but at the end of the day it all comes down to money.

Sam had all those things you desire, like ambition, energy and drive and we all know how that turned out.

Trigger
05-04-22, 17:27

I did say sometimes.

I'm thinking of those clubs on smaller budgets that have had decent success because they had a plan and a vision. We have none.

If a quarter of what we have spent was directed better, in a joined up forward thinking manner, we would be better off for it.

Let's be honest whoever buys us is going to have money, unless Tan is practically giving us away.

Moodybluebird
05-04-22, 17:53
I did say sometimes.

I'm thinking of those clubs on smaller budgets that have had decent success because they had a plan and a vision. We have none.

If a quarter of what we have spent was directed better, in a joined up forward thinking manner, we would be better off for it.

Let's be honest whoever buys us is going to have money, unless Tan is practically giving us away.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the club should be more professionally run. Things like recruitment, having a director of football, better scouting etc etc.

Ideally, there should also be a clear vision for the club and much better planning but this has to be coupled with significant investment. Tan has stabilised a club that was on very rocky ground and for that fans should be eternally grateful.

As much as I would like my club to be as progressive as Wolves, Villa, Brighton and Palace etc, there is a part of me that says be careful what you wish for as it could all go horribly wrong. Maybe I am risk averse and prefer the security blanket than Tan provides.

The Lone Gunman
05-04-22, 23:13
As much as I would like my club to be as progressive as Wolves, Villa, Brighton and Palace etc, there is a part of me that says be careful what you wish for as it could all go horribly wrong. Maybe I am risk averse and prefer the security blanket than Tan provides.

Little old Cardiff.

Moodybluebird
05-04-22, 23:32
Little old Cardiff.

Little old stable Cardiff as opposed to little old defunct Bury, big old floundering Sunderland and little old sinking Bolton.

goats
06-04-22, 05:58
Little old stable Cardiff as opposed to little old defunct Bury, big old floundering Sunderland and little old sinking Bolton.

Stably losing 2 million a month allegedly

Moodybluebird
06-04-22, 08:54
Stably losing 2 million a month allegedly

Every club loses money, it's the nature of the beast but Tan has prevented us going into administration or being wound up. So yeah compared to many, we're a stable club.

Armitage Shanks
06-04-22, 09:54
I notice that Cardiff city football club on the front of the stadium hasn't been lit up during games this season.
"Can't afford the bill?" Maybe

stan butler
06-04-22, 09:57
I notice that Cardiff city football club on the front of the stadium hasn't been lit up during games this season.

Or just pointless unless on match days.

dembethewarrior
06-04-22, 09:59

Saving the environment.

On a recent job induction qe were told that turning lights off we aren't using and not leaving engines idling were big environment savers.

Rjk
06-04-22, 10:26
What could we expect from a new owner?

Tan is pretty rich, but there are richer people out there - however, we are currently putting in about the maximum we can under FFP.
So an even richer guy would have to find ways around that OR just take a gamble on going up and spend a lot to achieve that - that's a possibility, but there is a level of risk doing that unless they are SO rich it doesn't matter.
I don't think any of the names being touted around as in the market for championship clubs are likely to be able to blow the rest of the division out of the water, so we'd likely to be in the same boat or worse off if we got a new owner.

Of course you also have to consider how well you spend/invest that money. It would be difficult to argue that under Tan we've invested his money well. We've had parachute/premier league money for almost a decade and the squad is in a much worse position than it was before that began.
I do feel that as a club we've learned some lessons along the way - and we are at least currently trying to set ourselves on a better path with things like securing a regular pathway from the academy to the first team - that will mean that we don't need to spend as much in wages or transfer fees to fill the squad - and eventually we will hopefully be able to sell some of the academy players for big money if they continue to improve.
Additionally the transfer strategy seems more sensible of late - talented prospects from lower leagues who might increase in value, free agents and loans.
Are there owners who could do a better job than Tan and the leadership team are currently - absolutely yes. If you look at the likes of Matthew Bentham he's driven his clubs forward without splashing a huge amount of cash. However for every Bentham there are several others who aren't as good - you only have to look at some other teams in this division to see how much money has been wasted elsewhere not just here.
Will this more sensible approach from the club continue? who knows - I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't rule out us having a bad run at the start of next season and the club bringing back Neil Warnock or something else as ridiculous.
On the other hand exactly the same could happen with A.N. Other manager.

I'm happy to see Tan stay currently if he's got the financial resources to ride out the covid impact to his businesses. And hope that he's learned from the club's numerous mistakes during his time here.
If someone else comes in then I won't be shedding any tears for Tan, but we could do a lot worse.

J R Hartley
06-04-22, 10:26
Whoever takes over will want their own management team hopefully and not the cheap option.

dembethewarrior
06-04-22, 10:52
What could we expect from a new owner?

Tan is pretty rich, but there are richer people out there - however, we are currently putting in about the maximum we can under FFP.
So an even richer guy would have to find ways around that OR just take a gamble on going up and spend a lot to achieve that - that's a possibility, but there is a level of risk doing that unless they are SO rich it doesn't matter.
I don't think any of the names being touted around as in the market for championship clubs are likely to be able to blow the rest of the division out of the water, so we'd likely to be in the same boat or worse off if we got a new owner.

Of course you also have to consider how well you spend/invest that money. It would be difficult to argue that under Tan we've invested his money well. We've had parachute/premier league money for almost a decade and the squad is in a much worse position than it was before that began.
I do feel that as a club we've learned some lessons along the way - and we are at least currently trying to set ourselves on a better path with things like securing a regular pathway from the academy to the first team - that will mean that we don't need to spend as much in wages or transfer fees to fill the squad - and eventually we will hopefully be able to sell some of the academy players for big money if they continue to improve.
Additionally the transfer strategy seems more sensible of late - talented prospects from lower leagues who might increase in value, free agents and loans.
Are there owners who could do a better job than Tan and the leadership team are currently - absolutely yes. If you look at the likes of Matthew Bentham he's driven his clubs forward without splashing a huge amount of cash. However for every Bentham there are several others who aren't as good - you only have to look at some other teams in this division to see how much money has been wasted elsewhere not just here.
Will this more sensible approach from the club continue? who knows - I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't rule out us having a bad run at the start of next season and the club bringing back Neil Warnock or something else as ridiculous.
On the other hand exactly the same could happen with A.N. Other manager.

I'm happy to see Tan stay currently if he's got the financial resources to ride out the covid impact to his businesses. And hope that he's learned from the club's numerous mistakes during his time here.
If someone else comes in then I won't be shedding any tears for Tan, but we could do a lot worse.

Isn't it a limit over a 3 year period or something? So couldn't they just budget more heavily earlier in that period?

life on mars
06-04-22, 11:12
Roman Abramovich has registered children at Howells

life on mars
06-04-22, 11:14
Every club loses money, it's the nature of the beast but Tan has prevented us going into administration or being wound up. So yeah compared to many, we're a stable club.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Rjk
06-04-22, 11:32
Isn't it a limit over a 3 year period or something? So couldn't they just budget more heavily earlier in that period?

how much more heavily would you have to spend to GUARANTEE going up?
if you spend an extra 20 or 30 million and cock it up then you're going to be ****ed for ffp

delmbox
06-04-22, 11:57
Side question - why haven't we sold the stadium naming rights yet? Not a complaint, I don't want to play in the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Stadium, but seems odd to leave that source of revenue on the table doesn't it?

The Lone Gunman
06-04-22, 12:13
Little old stable Cardiff....

I'd venture that a football club which apparently loses £1 million a month and is almost entirely dependent upon the financial support of a 70 year-old who lives on another continent is pretty far from stable.

the other bob wilson
06-04-22, 12:16
Side question - why haven't we sold the stadium naming rights yet? Not a complaint, I don't want to play in the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Stadium, but seems odd to leave that source of revenue on the table doesn't it?

The ground’s been open without a sponsor since 2009 and although I’m like you regarding the lack of one, we must be talking about tens of millions of pounds lost in potential income over that period by now.

Cleve van Leef
06-04-22, 12:28
The ground’s been open without a sponsor since 2009 and although I’m like you regarding the lack of one, we must be talking about tens of millions of pounds lost in potential income over that period by now.

Didn’t Sam Hammam have naming rights monies up until recently? That’s why the Stadium hasn’t been renamed as the Club wouldn’t have received anything.

The Lone Gunman
06-04-22, 12:40
Didn’t Sam Hammam have naming rights monies up until recently? That’s why the Stadium hasn’t been renamed as the Club wouldn’t have received anything.

It was rumoured to be tied to the Langston debt, but that was settled way back in February 2016.

Armitage Shanks
06-04-22, 14:06
It was rumoured to be tied to the Langston debt, but that was settled way back in February 2016.
I like the name the Cardiff city stadium, as we get worldwide exposure everytime Wales play.

Captain_Sensible
06-04-22, 14:29
I'd venture that a football club which apparently loses £1 million a month and is almost entirely dependent upon the financial support of a 70 year-old who lives on another continent is pretty far from stable.

What happens should Vinny pass on?

Moodybluebird
06-04-22, 14:29

What a great name of a stadium !

Or even the For Mash get Smash Stadium or the Snap Crackle and Pop stadium.

The Lone Gunman
06-04-22, 14:51

A good question. Tan has stated on several occasions over the years that his family are not impressed by the amount of money he's ploughed into CCFC, so who knows?

Undercoverinwurzelland
06-04-22, 14:56
What a great name of a stadium !

Or even the For Mash get Smash Stadium or the Snap Crackle and Pop stadium.
My favourite's Livingston's ground - the Tony Macaroni Arena (aka the Spaghettihad).

dembethewarrior
06-04-22, 22:28
how much more heavily would you have to spend to GUARANTEE going up?
if you spend an extra 20 or 30 million and cock it up then you're going to be ****ed for ffp

**** knows. Just saying that's a way to go about it and try to skim around ffp mate.

stan butler
08-04-22, 12:24

Sam Hammam will crawl from under his rock and take Cardiff City to court claiming before Vincent passed he verbally told him that he could takeover the club.

dembethewarrior
08-04-22, 12:43
Sam Hammam will crawl from under his rock and take Cardiff City to court claiming before Vincent passed he verbally told him that he could takeover the club.

North Cardiff Blue
08-04-22, 13:37

What would be the best sponsored name for the stadium?

The Hooded Claw
08-04-22, 13:51

The Sir Neil Warnock Stadium. Sponsored by Unique Sports Management. 🤣

the other bob wilson
08-04-22, 13:59
I still say it should be called the Clark’s Pie Astrodome.

A Quiet Monkfish
08-04-22, 14:06

"Chippy Alley at the 'Diff' Stadium.

stan butler
08-04-22, 14:14
The Welsh Capital Stadium

delmbox
08-04-22, 16:33

I'd be happy if Rockfield Studios would sponsor us. Rockfield Stadium is a cool name and Rockfield Studios are world renowned and Welsh.

In fact if we're sponsored by anyone other than Rockfield Studios I'm boycotting

tforturton
08-04-22, 16:34
I've said it before, but if I had the cash, I'd pay for it to be called 'Ninian Park'.

delmbox
08-04-22, 16:51
I've said it before, but if I had the cash, I'd pay for it to be called 'Ninian Park'.

No, Ninian Park was Ninian Park, I personally don't think the new stadium should be called it. If you have to call it something like that call it New Ninian or something. I won't be there though, I'll be boycotting as I mentioned above

Canton Kev
08-04-22, 16:52

Disagree. Ninian Park was it’s own special place and a part of our history. Naming the new stadium that would cheapen the history of the old one imo.

Although in a similar line of thought, if I had the cash I’d use it to name the stadium “Sloper Road” or “Sloper Park”

I’d also consider “Stadiwm Dinas Caerdydd”

dembethewarrior
08-04-22, 17:25
We could have awful and ugly sponsors written in white using the seats like reading have as well, that must generate them a few quid.