PDA

View Full Version : Creation and adoption of new chants

UNDERHILL1927
05-04-22, 14:53
It’s always intrigued me how quickly chants are created and become part of a clubs repertoire.

The Hymns and Aria remix for example, someone’s taken the time to come up with that and at no point has anyone said,”actually mate that’s proper offensive and makes you sound thick as shit”.

So, what is the process and surely some quality control can be put in place 😂

Canton Kev
05-04-22, 15:07
Most start at away games or on busses then either die out or catch on. It would be nice if we had a fans group akin to Reading or Palace who I believe have been quite successful in improving the atmospheres and repertoire at their home grounds.

Tuerto
05-04-22, 16:15
The Atmosphere will improve when fans get a sense that those who run the club are actually taking some notice of what is going on, and want to improve the situation. When Warnock came in after the sacking of Trollope, i can't ever recall us having big crowds due to our position, but because of Warnocks tactics and style , initially, it made for an entertaining spectacle, like two boxers swinging in the middle of the ring. It was just the Tonic after 2 years of Slade. On another occasion, under Slade, we lost to Leeds in a midweek game at home? Slade got all adventurous and got the team to attack Leeds during the 2nd half. We lost, but the players and manager received a fantastic reception at the end. It's about the club and what is going on, on the pitch, an Atmosphere can't be improved, it just has to happen.

tforturton
05-04-22, 17:21
The post is not about atmosphere - it's about how new chants get adopted. How does a new one catch on?
I remember a couple of seasons ago, a few lads behind me tried every game to get a new 'home-made' chant going, but it never took off. Mind you the Bob Bank.... ahem, the Ninian Stand is probably not the best place for it. Canton Mayne, or at away games. I can see how something 'tried' out on an away coach would catch on quicker than most.

Tuerto
05-04-22, 17:38
The post is not about atmosphere - it's about how new chants get adopted. How does a new one catch on?
I remember a couple of seasons ago, a few lads behind me tried every game to get a new 'home-made' chant going, but it never took off. Mind you the Bob Bank.... ahem, the Ninian Stand is probably not the best place for it. Canton Mayne, or at away games. I can see how something 'tried' out on an away coach would catch on quicker than most.

Yeah, but you need a decent Atmosphere for a chant to take off, people need to be in the moment, so to speak :thumbup: