PDA

View Full Version : Isaak Davies knackered

Maurice Swan
08-04-22, 16:59
Am surprised no-one has commented on this - Davies playing two full 90 minutes for Wales U21';s and then feeling knackered.
Where was Morrisons presence in not talking to Paul Bodin and just saying ' hey we have the derby coming up after the break - manage Isaak Davies' time'.
SO in the event our paciest player left his effort on the Wales games......could have made a difference if on from thh start.

delmbox
08-04-22, 17:01
Am surprised no-one has commented on this - Davies playing two full 90 minutes for Wales U21';s and then feeling knackered.
Where was Morrisons presence in not talking to Paul Bodin and just saying ' hey we have the derby coming up after the break - manage Isaak Davies' time'.
SO in the event our paciest player left his effort on the Wales games......could have made a difference if on from thh start.

It's over, let it go Maurice

dembethewarrior
08-04-22, 17:14
What a weird thing to moan about.

It's not new that younger players need game management, even if that seems to piss off a few re: Colwill*

*for the record I think he could definitely be used more than he is being used :hehe:

life on mars
08-04-22, 21:20
He's young , he wants to play what's the issue ?? there are folk doing manual jobs for far less money week in and out and probably for the next 40 years .

dembethewarrior
08-04-22, 21:56
He's young , he wants to play what's the issue ?? there are folk doing manual jobs for far less money week in and out and probably for the next 40 years .

THE LINK SAYS HE IS KNACKERED MATE READ IT

dml1954
09-04-22, 08:28

He told his club manager that he felt knackered when he came back from international duty, two days before the league game. Its hardly surprising that Morison felt it was better to leave him on the bench.

dml1954
09-04-22, 08:30

And you actually think that the U21 manager would have listened ? How do you know that Morison didn't have that conversation anyway ? I honestly think that some people criticise Morison just for the sake of it. Nothing better to do.

2b2bdoo
09-04-22, 08:38
And you actually think that the U21 manager would have listened ? How do you know that Morison didn't have that conversation anyway ? I honestly think that some people criticise Morison just for the sake of it. Nothing better to do.

It does seem like that.

Ok Morison could have done it but international managers at every level should be considering players welfare as well. I’m not sure Morison wants to be calling every international for every player at every level anytime they go away.

I do wonder if Davies comments were off the cuff or if he was asked the question, I’m sure he wouldn’t have said it if he knew he wouldn’t play.

J R Hartley
09-04-22, 09:17
It’s just a valleys figure of speech ffs, just means a bit tired, I hardly think he was saying he was too knackered to play. His family are Cardiff City through and through he’d be busting to play.

For what it’s worth i don’t think it would have made a blind bit of difference if he started rather than Harris. We got the tactics all wrong last Saturday and when you only press with just 3 men against the team most comfortable in possession in the division then you are asking for trouble. Which proved to be the case.

Tuerto
09-04-22, 09:37
It’s just a valleys figure of speech ffs, just means a bit tired, I hardly think he was saying he was too knackered to play. His family are Cardiff City through and through he’d be busting to play.

For what it’s worth i don’t think it would have made a blind bit of difference if he started rather than Harris. We got the tactics all wrong last Saturday and when you only press with just 3 men against the team most comfortable in possession in the division then you are asking for trouble. Which proved to be the case.

Spot on.

dembethewarrior
09-04-22, 09:40

Are they more comfortable on the ball than Fulham tho?

Joking aside I agree with the press we did (didn't do) it badly.

goats
09-04-22, 10:00

Strange we all knew that but SM seemed to overlook it

dembethewarrior
09-04-22, 10:23
Strange we all knew that but SM seemed to overlook it

Ffs :hehe:

This is getting stupid now :hehe:

Or are you :fishing:

J R Hartley
09-04-22, 11:29
Are they more comfortable on the ball than Fulham tho?

Joking aside I agree with the press we did (didn't do) it badly.

Statistically they are apparently. I prefer Fulham’s way of playing even though they are good in possession they do get the ball down the sides and out to their full backs quickly.

J R Hartley
09-04-22, 11:35
Ffs :hehe:

This is getting stupid now :hehe:

Or are you :fishing:
I don’t think thats fishing, it’s fair comment? He takes the credit when we win, he’s got to take the blame for the tactics last week. It wa no surprise how they play. I was in the upper Ninian so I had a perfect view of how the team was set up and we had everyone sitting deep and 3 people pressing. The gap between those pressing and the rest was ****ing huge. It should have been addressed 1st half, certainly at half time and it wasn’t. That’s a worry for me if you can’t change something so glaringly obvious and basic in play then what are you watching?

dembethewarrior
09-04-22, 11:52
Statistically they are apparently. I prefer Fulham’s way of playing even though they are good in possession they do get the ball down the sides and out to their full backs quickly.

It did occur to me after posting they may have better possession stats after I'd posted.

I'm off to the tip, I'm hoping the clear out works mentally for me and on the pitch for City today :hehe:

dembethewarrior
09-04-22, 11:54
I don’t think thats fishing, it’s fair comment? He takes the credit when we win, he’s got to take the blame for the tactics last week. It wa no surprise how they play. I was in the upper Ninian so I had a perfect view of how the team was set up and we had everyone sitting deep and 3 people pressing. The gap between those pressing and the rest was ****ing huge. It should have been addressed 1st half, certainly at half time and it wasn’t. That’s a worry for me if you can’t change something so glaringly obvious and basic in play then what are you watching?

I guess so, I just wasn't sure as goats does like to be mischievous now and again, also I wasn't sire how SM is meant to know about local figures of speech :thumbup:

J R Hartley
09-04-22, 12:12
I guess so, I just wasn't sure as goats does like to be mischievous now and again, also I wasn't sire how SM is meant to know about local figures of speech :thumbup:
Ah right, I thought Goats was referring to the tactics / pressing. Fair enough about the local figures of speech innit mun Butt :hehe:

J R Hartley
09-04-22, 12:12
It did occur to me after posting they may have better possession stats after I'd posted.

I'm off to the tip, I'm hoping the clear out works mentally for me and on the pitch for City today :hehe:

I’m off for a few beers and to watch Merthyr. Last Saturday home game of the season. 🍻

dembethewarrior
09-04-22, 12:13
Ah right, I thought Goats was referring to the tactics / pressing. Fair enough about the local figures of speech innit mun Butt :hehe:
****ing mental son.

Right I need to shift my arse or I won't make the tip before we kick off :thumbup: