PDA

View Full Version : U23 Championship team of the year...

Rjk
12-04-22, 11:03
Whatever happens from here until the end of the season, this will undoubtedly be our best season in many years in terms of bringing youth players through into the first team (and quite possibly the only thing it is the best thing for).

Where do our youngsters rank alongside others in the division though? would any of our players get into a team of the season that only included U23 qualified players? i.e. 23 or under at the start of the season

My team would be:

GK (??)

Spence (forest) Wharton (Blackburn) Adarabiyo (Fulham) Lowe (Forest)

Gibbs-White (Sheff Utd) CM(??)

Carvaho (fulham)

Johnson (Forest) Solanke (Bournmouth) Brereton-Diaz (Blackburn)

Semenyo at Bristol unlucky to miss out - and struglging for another central midfielder and a goalkeeper.

Who would you have in there?

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
12-04-22, 11:54
O'Brien at Huddersfield for CM? Was 23 in October.

Trigger
12-04-22, 12:56
Wouldn't say he should necessarily be in the team as I can't say I've seen much of him but previously heard Alex Scott at the wurzels is said to be decent. Can or does play cm, 18 and played in 33 matches this season it seems.

I don't know what it is but I know of so few players of any team at this level these days, even Swansea I could probably only name 3 or 4 this season.

Rjk
12-04-22, 12:58
Wouldn't say he should necessarily be in the team as I can't say I've seen much of him but previously heard Alex Scott at the wurzels is said to be decent. Can or does play cm, 18 and played in 33 matches this season it seems.

theyve got that massengo as well, although I've heard he's lacking a bit of consistency

Rjk
12-04-22, 13:02
gk probably Mark Travers at Bournemouth

the other bob wilson
12-04-22, 13:03
Think the Hull keeper’s had a good season and I think I read he was under 23.

Just seen the mention for Travers, yes, he’s a better choice.

jon1959
12-04-22, 13:24
Would Solanke qualify? He was 24 last September.

If loans are allowed I would have Neco Williams in there.

Rjk
12-04-22, 13:30
Would Solanke qualify? He was 24 last September.

If loans are allowed I would have Neco Williams in there.

Was 23 at the start of the season - that's good enough for me - anyone else is welcome to make their own rules up too

Good shout about Neco, but I don't think he's played enough games to make a team of the season has he?