PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Season vote

The Bloop
14-04-22, 11:59
Voting, from a shortlist of 6, closes at Midnight on Monday 18th

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/player-season-202122-vote-now

Think I'd have liked McGuinness to have been on the list aswell.

jon1959
14-04-22, 12:41
I do rate Joe Ralls and want him to sign a new contract - but in my opinion Ryan Wintle has a stronger case for a 6 person shortlist than him.

LeningradCowboy
14-04-22, 12:51
Ryan Giles

the other bob wilson
14-04-22, 13:27
I do rate Joe Ralls and want him to sign a new contract - but in my opinion Ryan Wintle has a stronger case for a 6 person shortlist than him.

Agreed, in fact I think I’d probably vote for Wintle over the six nominated - Drameh would be my choice out of the six, but I think it should be a player who is on our books really.

WJ99mobile
14-04-22, 13:30
Agreed, in fact I think I’d probably vote for Wintle over the six nominated - Drameh would be my choice out of the six, but I think it should be a player who is on our books really.

It should be the best player this season which is easily Drameh

Choosing someone just because they’re on our books makes the award a bit hollow

Rjk
14-04-22, 13:32

He's been excellent, but only played 16 times for us

WJ99mobile
14-04-22, 13:53
He's been excellent, but only played 16 times for us

More minutes than Issak Davies and Rubin Colwill - so does that exclude them?

Rjk
14-04-22, 13:59
More minutes than Issak Davies and Rubin Colwill - so does that exclude them?

Yeah probably tbh.

I'm not sure who should get it mind you, nobody has really deserved it

I'd probably go for Flint - but without any real enthusiasm

binman
14-04-22, 14:09
I voted for Joe Ralls

If Giles had stayed he would have walked it

Ng was the best of the rest that have been here all season. McGuiness has way too many mistakes in him and his distribution is worse than Ben Turners however there is a player in there who hopefully will improve.

Drameh is by far the best player on our books though but I very much doubt he'll be here much longer

tforturton
14-04-22, 17:27
Why just six?

the other bob wilson
14-04-22, 17:33

He’s a Leeds United player though, I’m struggling to think of an example of a player winning a club Player of the Year award when on loan - did Koumas win it in 05/06? I think it might have been Jerome.

splott parker
14-04-22, 17:58
He’s a Leeds United player though, I’m struggling to think of an example of a player winning a club Player of the Year award when on loan - did Koumas win it in 05/06? I think it might have been Jerome.

Didn’t an old mate of mine and, I believe an old schoolmate of yours, Jonathan Moore win Nottingham Forest’s player of the year whilst with Millwall due to scoring an own goal that kept Forest up??? Or something along those lines.

Tuerto
14-04-22, 18:00

This is Cardiff City, we don't do normal. I tend to agree though about Drameh, he may not be on our books, but by not voting for him because of that sort of ignores his contribution and performance in my opinion.

lincoln blue
14-04-22, 20:16

I agree with you, he's been immense since returning from Blackpool.

Hilts
14-04-22, 21:43
It shows how bad our season has been when January loans and youngsters are among the 6. Plus talk of Wintle who has only being here since January.

I really dont know who do vote for. The best player since January has been Drameh. I dont want to vote for a loan.

I ll probably vote for Ralls.

Bobby Dandruff
14-04-22, 22:02
It shows how bad our season has been when January loans and youngsters are among the 6. Plus talk of Wintle who has only being here since January.

I really dont know who do vote for. The best player since January has been Drameh. I dont want to vote for a loan.

I ll probably vote for Ralls.

Exactly.

Drameh has been our best player by a mile but if you exclude loanees there are very few clear candidates across the whole season, which is a bit depressing :-(

I don’t think that anyone stands out. Maybe Flint because he has come back to play well from extreme adversity (being shipped out on loan after the 6-1 fiasco at QPR)?

cyril evans awaydays
14-04-22, 22:11
Smithies has been our most consistent player over the season. I guess having someone in there who we have already conceded won't be with us next season doesn't really fit.

You know. And the winner is......Alex Smithies!!

"Alex can't be with us tonight but from his new home in Holmfirth by Microsoft Teams he can join us to receive his trophy".

Father Dougal
14-04-22, 22:20

The koumas 05/06 season is a bit different to drameh this season!

The koumas season is and always will be the koumas season. Its up there with the best individual stand out displays ever by a city player. He was so far ahead of the rest of the team and so special. Plus we had a whole season from him.

Drameh has been good and not to take anything away from his 16 game contribution but I'm not sure this will be remembered as the drameh season in 15/20 years time?

Father Dougal
14-04-22, 22:24
Also for what it's worth ralls should win it. No player on our books really deserves it this season so may as well double up as a kind of lifetime achievement award and give it to ralls. A bit like when Ryan giggs won the British SPOTY in 2009 when no other contenders.

the other bob wilson
15-04-22, 03:49
The koumas 05/06 season is a bit different to drameh this season!

The koumas season is and always will be the koumas season. Its up there with the best individual stand out displays ever by a city player. He was so far ahead of the rest of the team and so special. Plus we had a whole season from him.

Drameh has been good and not to take anything away from his 16 game contribution but I'm not sure this will be remembered as the drameh season in 15/20 years time?

That’s my point, even after having a season like he did, I’m not sure Koumas won the award that year and, if he didn’t, then it can only really be because he there was a feeling that such awards aren’t given to players on loan.

Lawnmower
15-04-22, 07:00
That’s my point, even after having a season like he did, I’m not sure Koumas won the award that year and, if he didn’t, then it can only really be because he there was a feeling that such awards aren’t given to players on loan.

I just can’t go with giving player of the season to one who’s only played half of it.

Smithies, Flint, Ralls, Ng have all played most of it and I don’t feel any have let us down. Let’s face it the main problems at the start of the season were Micks bizarre tactics