PDA

View Full Version : Are you a fashion victim ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-04-22, 20:43
On Friday I went to tesco and bought some polo shirts , a pair of jeans and a t shirt

It cost me 50 quid

You won't get me poncing about like a partridge in paris

You are all getting mugged off !

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
16-04-22, 20:58
I keep thinking people want to dress me up in popular clothes but that's just my fashion victim complex.

insider
16-04-22, 21:00
On Friday I went to tesco and bought some polo shirts , a pair of jeans and a t shirt

It cost me 50 quid

You must have to take a shitty stick out with you,
You adonis

Eric the Half a Bee
16-04-22, 21:27

It cost me 50 quid

Do you still use Brut?

Harry Paget Flashman
16-04-22, 21:44

It cost me 50 quid

Buy cheap.

Buy twice.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
17-04-22, 02:40

It cost me 50 quid

'Tesco Tear-Aways' or 'Strangler-X' jeans, as we used to call them! :hehe:

Des Parrot
17-04-22, 04:56
Jacomo & Next sales on line for me, sorted. Very limited larger stuff available in shops. Internet all the way for years now. Only exception is shoes I won’t buy them on line.

Wales-Bales
17-04-22, 06:19
I'm a long-time dedicated follower of fashion.

Taunton Blue Genie
17-04-22, 06:42
Today, I shall be wearing my off-the-shoulder donkey jacket, slingback wellies and gold lamé cod piece.

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-04-22, 06:43
Some nice shirts on the regatta website too

My mate is happy to spend 120 quid on a shirt

Completely off his head

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-04-22, 06:44
Today, I shall be wearing my off-the-shoulder donkey jacket, slingback wellies and gold lamé cod piece.

Just don't turn up at my house with one of those manbags ff sake

Taunton Blue Genie
17-04-22, 06:47
Just don't turn up at my house with one of those manbags ff sake

I do draw the line at man bags, old fruit!

TWGL1
17-04-22, 08:05
I’ve got a man bag , vital nowadays with phones , contactless cards , sunglasses , etc , but each to their own.

bobh
17-04-22, 08:06

It cost me 50 quid

Fifty quid? in Tesco?!?
You wuz robbed.

life on mars
17-04-22, 08:08

It cost me 50 quid

Never really bought into that supermarket branding thing asine needs to avoid jealous comments , and over bearing female attention .

Mr Soul '68
17-04-22, 08:33

It cost me 50 quid

I've got some Fred Perry polos that are around 20 years old. I doubt if your Tesco Tearaways polo's last that long, or look anywhere near as good, nor as classy

I also have several pairs of Levi 501s that are around 15 years old. You won't get that with your Tesco 'classy clobber'

I am surprised you bought a T-Shirt that hasn't got the words 'Black Sabbath'; written on it though, to be honest

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-04-22, 09:38
I've got some Fred Perry polos that are around 20 years old. I doubt if your Tesco Tearaways polo's last that long, or look anywhere near as good, nor as classy

I also have several pairs of Levi 501s that are around 15 years old. You won't get that with your Tesco 'classy clobber'

I am surprised you bought a T-Shirt that hasn't got the words 'Black Sabbath'; written on it though, to be honest

Listen sonny

It's all made in Bangladesh

Same stuff , just some expensive poncey label sewn on

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-04-22, 09:41
I’ve got a man bag , vital nowadays with phones , contactless cards , sunglasses , etc , but each to their own.

Stick your sunglasses on your head , phone in your pocket and cards in a wallet in your other pocket

If you walk up and down St Mary Street with a manbag and somebody gives you a leathering don't say you havnt been warned

MOZZER2
17-04-22, 11:23

you would have blended in well last night at the tramshed Mr Soul . lots of Fred Perry polo shirts with Levi jeans on show in the audience at the cockney reject/ UK Subs gig . great night still recovering !

NYCBlue
17-04-22, 11:49
Inhale, inhale, you're the victim!

Tuerto
17-04-22, 12:13
you would have blended in well last night at the tramshed Mr Soul . lots of Fred Perry polo shirts with Levi jeans on show in the audience at the cockney reject/ UK Subs gig . great night still recovering !

I'm always amazed at how venue's make any money from gigs like this, what with all the half price OAP tickets they must sell.

lardy
17-04-22, 12:47
I'm always amazed at how venue's make any money from gigs like this, what with all the half price OAP tickets they must sell.

Oof!

Mr Soul '68
17-04-22, 13:06

I really enjoy the UK Subs live, have seen them a few times over the years. Charlie Harper is a lovely guy too, had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times over the years. Not the sort of stuff I would sit and listen to at home though.

Were there many at the gig last night?

Mr Soul '68
17-04-22, 13:10

You won't get tickets half price at the Tramshed. Anything but! The last time I looked at getting tickets for a gig there, it was roughly £3.00 booking fee then another couple of quid on top for the ticket to be posted out plus a £1.00 'donation' for keeping the Tramshed restored. F*ck off Mike Jones you greedy kent. This is all double annoying when the venue has a cafe attached to it, which could easily sell tickets for gigs without these rip-off prices but refuses to do so.

MOZZER2
17-04-22, 13:26
I really enjoy the UK Subs live, have seen them a few times over the years. Charlie Harper is a lovely guy too, had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times over the years. Not the sort of stuff I would sit and listen to at home though.

Were there many at the gig last night?

yes pretty full i would guess especially after 5 . it was an all day thing and after last nights showing would say the Subs were better than the cockney rejects live . Looking forward to cock sparrer in London in September no doubt my Fred Perry polo and Levis 501 will make another appearance !

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-04-22, 15:35
Conflict

I would go and see them again

Now they were heavy

Jordi Culé
17-04-22, 16:01
Conflict

Now they were heavy

'The Serenade is Dead' is up there but not quite with 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'.

I used to listen to Joy Division, my brother Conflict.

adz-a32
17-04-22, 16:07

They are so handy to use tbh. Great for days out and concerts, festivals etc

adz-a32
17-04-22, 16:09

Boots theory in action

splott parker
17-04-22, 16:14
They are so handy to use tbh. Great for days out and concerts, festivals etc

Are they carried like a handbag or satchel like, with a strap? Always be pockets for me, I’d lose a bag first time out, leaving it somewhere through not being used to carrying one.

Whisperer
17-04-22, 16:19
Oh I am a victim - fashions been good to me, started out selling kojak tee shirts on Blackwood market in the 70s also mirror sun glasses on a Saturday in Coney Island Porthcawl. Got into vintage in the 90s and even this morning I been knocking out a few bits at Brighton race course made a few extra Bob and met a few cool fashionistas.

Majorblue
17-04-22, 16:31
I’m with Sludge on this as I only ruin anything nice anyway.

Tesco or George at Asda ,job done.

However, I will spend a fortune on shoes.

Years of agony with Clark’s and the like before I discovered the world of Northampton shoe firms and the different lasts they have to cover just about anything.

Not cheap but they last a lifetime so once you recover from the retail price they are actually not bad value.

Mr Soul '68
17-04-22, 16:36
Conflict

Now they were heavy

Great Anarcho-Punk band. Saw them in Swansea in '86.

adz-a32
17-04-22, 16:36
Are they carried like a handbag or satchel like, with a strap? Always be pockets for me, I’d lose a bag first time out, leaving it somewhere through not being used to carrying one.

Personally I like to carry it across my chest

Mr Soul '68
17-04-22, 16:38
yes pretty full i would guess especially after 5 . it was an all day thing and after last nights showing would say the Subs were better than the cockney rejects live . Looking forward to cock sparrer in London in September no doubt my Fred Perry polo and Levis 501 will make another appearance !

Good man! Cock Sparrer, there's another blast from the past. Not surprised the Subs were better than the Rejects last night. They always were a bit if a ramshackle band live

MOZZER2
17-04-22, 20:40
Good man! Cock Sparrer, there's another blast from the past. Not surprised the Subs were better than the Rejects last night. They always were a bit if a ramshackle band live

well to me cock sparrer are the best oi band not just to come out of the UK but the world in that genre of music . never seen them before so looking forward to this gig more than most and just to get me in the mood and get the blood pumping !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYDEbUpjIFc

NYCBlue
17-04-22, 21:43
BTW, you're an angler. Not a fisherman.

dembethewarrior
17-04-22, 21:48
Long sleeve t-shirt with a short sleeve t-shirt over the top.

Hideous combo.

Eric the Half a Bee
17-04-22, 21:51
Long sleeve t-shirt with a short sleeve t-shirt over the top.

Hideous combo.

Short sleeve city shirt over a jumper for winter?

lincoln blue
17-04-22, 21:53
I’m with Sludge on this as I only ruin anything nice anyway.

Tesco or George at Asda ,job done.

However, I will spend a fortune on shoes.

Years of agony with Clark’s and the like before I discovered the world of Northampton shoe firms and the different lasts they have to cover just about anything.

Not cheap but they last a lifetime so once you recover from the retail price they are actually not bad value.

Loakes and Barkers, I have about a dozen pairs+, pricey but wonderfully supportive and comfortable for my plates of meat. They will well outlast me!

dembethewarrior
17-04-22, 22:09
Short sleeve city shirt over a jumper for winter?

As stated above. Hideous.

dandywarhol
17-04-22, 22:12
I used to look cool.But that was in 1970.

Whisperer
18-04-22, 06:15
I used to look cool.But that was in 1970.
Crombie Bracers & Boots ?