PDA

View Full Version : Let's be grateful for the last 20 minutes of games

Eric the Half a Bee
19-04-22, 21:27
I make it that we've scored 17 goals in the last 20 minutes that have changed a scoreline in our favour. I also make it that we've conceded 3 goals in the last 20 minutes that changed a scoreline in favour of our opponents. We've won 8 games that we were not leading going into the last 20 minutes.

In total we've won 20 points in the last 20 minutes of games this season and lost 5. If we're looking for one reason why we've stayed up, it's this.

life on mars
19-04-22, 21:35
I make it that we've scored 17 goals in the last 20 minutes that have changed a scoreline in our favour. I also make it that we've conceded 3 goals in the last 20 minutes that changed a scoreline in favour of our opponents. We've won 8 games that we were not leading going into the last 20 minutes.

In total we've won 20 points in the last 20 minutes of games this season and lost 5. If we're looking for one reason why we've stayed up, it's this.

Certainly suggests so , we do see to be asleep at the wheel in the first half of games.

I do think the young lads coming on for last 20 seem to deliver more , than in thier 90 minute games where they do switch off or appear lost at times .

Rjk
19-04-22, 21:47
Certainly suggests so , we do see to be asleep at the wheel in the first half of games.

I do think the young lads coming on for last 20 seem to deliver more , than in thier 90 minute games where they do switch off or appear lost at times .

I wonder if that is because a young man's advantage is predominately his physical attributes - pace, energy and when they are subbed on against a tiring opposition those attributes are even more beneficial.

Whereas an older player might have lost some of their pace, but made up for it with experience, game management, positioning etc

Eric the Half a Bee
19-04-22, 21:50
I wonder if that is because a young man's advantage is predominately his physical attributes - pace, energy and when they are subbed on against a tiring opposition those attributes are even more beneficial.

Whereas an older player might have lost some of their pace, but made up for it with experience, game management, positioning etc

I think that's it in a nutshell.

Davies, Colwill, Harris and Ikpeazu have generally looked better coming on as a substitute yet often flatter to deceive as starters.

Dave Blue
19-04-22, 23:32
Good points here. We seem to be far more effective playing last chance saloon catch up. It disturbs me that we almost want to be in that position to do anything meaningful.