PDA

View Full Version : The one and only time I’ll mention bloody Eurovision on here.

the other bob wilson
14-05-22, 07:45
How come Ireland, who I heard has, historically, the best record of any country in the event, has to qualify for the Final and the UK, whose entries tend to be a source of National and international embarrassment every year, don’t?

Stanmore Bluebird
14-05-22, 07:51
I don’t know! Who cares??

The Bloop
14-05-22, 07:57
How come Ireland, who I heard has, historically, the best record of any country in the event, has to qualify for the Final and the UK, whose entries tend to be a source of National and international embarrassment every year, don’t?

Because there's about 5 or 6 countries, including the UK, who pay for it every year, so don't have to qualify.

Taffster
14-05-22, 08:00

The UK are part of the “Big 5”. They are countries that provide the most funding towards the European Broadcasting Union, of which Eurovision is a programme the EBU produces.

Therefore since qualification started, caused by the growth in countries joining the EBU and therefore Eurovision, the Big 5 are excused qualification and go straight through to the final.

Which is fair, seeing as they pay for it.

And what a day ahead. FA Cup Final AND Eurovision!!

Gonna be a belter. And there is not an ounce of cynical sarcasm in that statement, can’t wait. Best day of the year 🇪🇺🇬🇧🎶🎵

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-22, 08:30
That uk entry looks like a failed pub singer

Cleve van Leef
14-05-22, 09:28

No, a street singer..

William Treseder
14-05-22, 09:56

https://youtu.be/OuK18Q1zNIg
Talking absolute bollox again son..

splott parker
14-05-22, 10:00

Heard him and the song for the first time yesterday, I was quite surprised, I though the song was ok and the singer had a decent voice.

WJ99mobile
14-05-22, 10:05

Second favourite to a mediocre Ukrainian act.

If you don’t like it don’t listen

Baloo
14-05-22, 10:14
He’s a Metal fan Sludge.

Armitage Shanks
14-05-22, 10:15
Shall I put my house car and family on Ukraine winning?
Virtue signalling makes it favourite I think

delmbox
14-05-22, 10:51

I’m just surprised there’s something Sludge doesn’t like, he’s usually so tolerant of other people’s interests

Ivortheengine
14-05-22, 11:16
Complete waste of time. Too political nowadays. It’s all worked out before the first song is sung. I wouldn’t waste any of your valuable leisure time on it.

William Treseder
14-05-22, 11:22

You don’t have to apologise for starting a thread.
For what it’s worth, the UK entry this yr is a decent song and the singer has a great vocal range imo.
Sod what everyone else thinks about the topic. Be your own man.

Undercoverinwurzelland
14-05-22, 11:50
The voting's actually been a lot less political in the last few years. You used to know that Serbia would give 12 to Croatia and vice versa, Greece and Cyprus, Norway and Sweden etc, but not so much now.

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-22, 11:57
https://youtu.be/OuK18Q1zNIg
Talking absolute bollox again son..

Well when it comes to talking bollocks tell me about that black female athlete you KNEW for a fact was using the race card .....despite a number of coppers being up on charges

I am all ears

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-22, 11:58

I listened

It was shite

The end

Eric the Half a Bee
14-05-22, 12:14

At some point there will be an act comprising of metal and lycra. Thought that was your sort of thing?

William Treseder
14-05-22, 12:18
Well when it comes to talking bollocks tell me about that black female athlete you KNEW for a fact was using the race card .....despite a number of coppers being up on charges

I am all ears

What the hell are you talking about? You really do need to get a job. It’ll help with your mental health and give you some focus in life 👍

The Bloop
14-05-22, 12:30
The voting's actually been a lot less political in the last few years. You used to know that Serbia would give 12 to Croatia and vice versa, Greece and Cyprus, Norway and Sweden etc, but not so much now.

When voting was by jury only a lot of the votes were more predictable. Now that the public can also vote its alot less so.

the other bob wilson
14-05-22, 12:32
The UK are part of the “Big 5”. They are countries that provide the most funding towards the European Broadcasting Union, of which Eurovision is a programme the EBU produces.

Therefore since qualification started, caused by the growth in countries joining the EBU and therefore Eurovision, the Big 5 are excused qualification and go straight through to the final.

Which is fair, seeing as they pay for it.

And what a day ahead. FA Cup Final AND Eurovision!!

Gonna be a belter. And there is not an ounce of cynical sarcasm in that statement, can’t wait. Best day of the year ������������

Thanks to you and Bloop for clarifying things. I think my hatred of all things Eurovision stems from being forced to watch our entry in 1966 as a ten year old as a punishment for some long forgotten misdemeanour- it had a traumatic effect on me and I don’t think I’ve ever fully recovered from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfKk0uEGsPA

MacAdder
14-05-22, 13:32
We used to love it as kids growing up.
Feck the music, was all about the scores.
Power to all our friends, Cliff-tastic!

We always seemed to be in with a shout of winning it, until in recent years being all political. Perhaps it was back then too.

Apparently we are one of the favourites to win it this year.

It's not a bad song but has anything really changed, especially politically, to warrant the optimism?

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-22, 14:23
What the hell are you talking about? You really do need to get a job. It’ll help with your mental health and give you some focus in life 👍

Well I have a job xx

Just after the black lives matter stuff all kicked off you said that you were a black man and were sick and tired of us whiteys trying to fight your battles . You said that the stop and search of a UK black athlete, her partner and their little baby by the metropolitan police was clearly a case of her playing the race card and of liberal white types jumping in feet first . I have a few black friends and maybe we move in different circles but you seemed to be doing a very good job of defending police brutality which given your apparent background was very odd . Sean Bailey the Conservative wannabee mp is the same sort of ilk . Recently several metropolitan police officers have been charged over those wrongful stop and searches . So either us liberal snowflake types were wrong or you were .

William Treseder
14-05-22, 15:09
Well I have a job xx

Just after the black lives matter stuff all kicked off you said that you were a black man and were sick and tired of us whiteys trying to fight your battles . You said that the stop and search of a UK black athlete, her partner and their little baby by the metropolitan police was clearly a case of her playing the race card and of liberal white types jumping in feet first . I have a few black friends and maybe we move in different circles but you seemed to be doing a very good job of defending police brutality which given your apparent background was very odd . Sean Bailey the Conservative wannabee mp is the same sort of ilk . Recently several metropolitan police officers have been charged over those wrongful stop and searches . So either us liberal snowflake types were wrong or you were .

No 1. I don’t know what the fu*k you’re on about.
No 2. Why did you think of bringing up all that guff on this thread and another thread?
No 3. You seem to think you’re an expert on every topic under the sun, and anything you post is gospel, where in reality you are a washed up little fart who appears to get offended on behalf of others on a daily basis.

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-22, 15:21
No 2. Why did you think of bringing up all that guff on this thread and another thread?
No 3. You seem to think you’re an expert on every topic under the sun, and anything you post is gospel, where in reality you are a washed up little fart who appears to get offended on behalf of others on a daily basis.

Well that's all very romantic but it's exactly what you said in the summer of 2020

I am afraid its you who talk guff , you have been at it the last few days with your cobblers about the trust . You are a stooge .

William Treseder
14-05-22, 15:26
Well that's all very romantic but it's exactly what you said in the summer of 2020

I am afraid its you who talk guff , you have been at it the last few days with your cobblers about the trust . You are a stooge .

What i am, is a member of this MB, and i’ll give my opinion on topics whether you like them or not, or whether you agree with them or not.
Now naff off, as i don’t want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

bigjoe
14-05-22, 15:48
Think I'd better not say it was on my bucket list. Istanbul and Ruslana(?).

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-22, 15:50
What i am, is a member of this MB, and i’ll give my opinion on topics whether you like them or not, or whether you agree with them or not.
Now naff off, as i don’t want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

You gave your opinion on the stop and search of a black woman , saying she was playing the race card . That opinion , like yours on the trust was complete nonsense .Keep em coming xx

William Treseder
14-05-22, 16:06
You gave your opinion on the stop and search of a black woman , saying she was playing the race card . That opinion , like yours on the trust was complete nonsense .Keep em coming xx
You really are like a little pimple on the end of someones nose. You don’t hurt, but you always know you’re there..
I can’t make my stance any clearer, so as i’ve said for the 2nd time today, leave your reply and we’ll leave it there. You obviously love to have the last word. Be my guest.

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-22, 16:44
You really are like a little pimple on the end of someones nose. You don’t hurt, but you always know you’re there..
I can’t make my stance any clearer, so as i’ve said for the 2nd time today, leave your reply and we’ll leave it there. You obviously love to have the last word. Be my guest.

Thank you very much

Keep working for the man

Des Parrot
14-05-22, 17:20

Because the UK (BBC ?) are one of the biggest contributors as a participating broadcaster. So the uk pays for the privilege of being ridiculed

jon1959
14-05-22, 18:16
Are Australia and Israel still part of the Eurovision club? Seeded or qualifiers?

Sludge’s taste in music is dire, but he is usually spot on when it comes to this annual cringe-fest!

Canton Kev
14-05-22, 18:22
How did a Eurovision thread descend into BLM, racism, ACAB, shit slinging?

bigjoe
14-05-22, 18:29

The positive is that it was an excellent moment to say that somebody on this MB had been to one. Textbook example of burying bad news.

William Treseder
14-05-22, 19:01

Because Sludge became involved.

The Bloop
14-05-22, 19:14
Was that a blue, white and yellow Welsh flag in the audience 😀

Baloo
14-05-22, 19:15
That looked like a City flag in the audience. Blue/White/Yellow Welsh flag.

Lither_1927
14-05-22, 19:19
Lol

Baloo
14-05-22, 19:23
Was that a blue, white and yellow Welsh flag in the audience 😀It’s Sludge isn’t it.

Lost Johnny
14-05-22, 20:00

I thought he was someone out of a Norwegian death metal band

JamesWales
14-05-22, 20:04
Goodness me, Spain. :cheerleader:

Moodybluebird
14-05-22, 20:16
Goodness me, Spain. :cheerleader:

Certainly gets my vote lol

ToTaL ITK
14-05-22, 21:45
three pages of something you couldn't care less about ...i digress

The Bloop
14-05-22, 22:13
We could actually win the bloody thing

dandywarhol
14-05-22, 22:43
Australia 😎😎😎😎

life on mars
14-05-22, 23:35
183 million watched it last year , if it brings joy ,happiness then we should celebrate its proven success , what other TV entertainment show has been going since 1956 ?

Its a winning format that's for sure

Undercoverinwurzelland
15-05-22, 08:53
2nd place in the end. Not bad.

Moodybluebird
15-05-22, 12:12
2nd place in the end. Not bad.

Without the war in Ukraine I would imagine the UK would have won Eurovision a canter. But it's one of those occasions when support for the Ukraine entry was entirely understandable and shows solidarity by the European people for something that is far more important than a song contest.

Undercoverinwurzelland
15-05-22, 12:37
Without the war in Ukraine I would imagine the UK would have won Eurovision a canter. But it's one of those occasions when support for the Ukraine entry was entirely understandable and shows solidarity by the European people for something that is far more important than a song contest.
👍

Tuerto
15-05-22, 12:43

I think that if Ukraine qualify for the World Cup, then they should be allowed to win that as well.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-22, 13:28
I thought that UK song was dreadful manufactured power ballad nonsense

The rest of the field was crap as well

Moodybluebird
15-05-22, 15:49
I think that if Ukraine qualify for the World Cup, then they should be allowed to win that as well.

mmm, tongue in cheek methinks Mr Tuerto😊

The Bloop
15-05-22, 15:54

You watched it then.

William Treseder
15-05-22, 16:08
You watched it then.
You can’t take Sludges opinion on music serious.
Some of the shit he listens to is absolute dirge.

Harry Paget Flashman
15-05-22, 16:11
Was that a blue, white and yellow Welsh flag in the audience 😀

The song was written by a Welsh girl, she was out there watching so maybe her entourage put it up.

Tuerto
15-05-22, 16:58

That's the point of Eurovision.

Jimmy the Jock
15-05-22, 17:21

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Jimmy the Jock
15-05-22, 17:23

After Scotland knock them out , I am all for them winning it. Give is a U ..................

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-22, 18:09
You watched it then.

I always watch it

I am laughing at these talentless clowns

Not laughing with them

It's car crash TV

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-22, 18:10
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

What I do is important

It's not selling dodgy MOT failures

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-22, 18:11
The song was written by a Welsh girl, she was out there watching so maybe her entourage put it up.

She's based in Wales but she's not Welsh

Amy Wadge

Tuerto
15-05-22, 18:14
I always watch it

I am laughing at these talentless clowns

Not laughing with them

It's car crash TV

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-22, 19:12

Chuckle Brothers

splott parker
15-05-22, 19:21
Chuckle Brothers

Chuckle Brother, I think you’ll find:cry::cry::cry:

cyril evans awaydays
15-05-22, 19:25
Chuckle Brother, I think you’ll find:cry::cry::cry:

2023 Entry. From Me to Me?

William Treseder
15-05-22, 20:52
2023 Entry. From Me to Me?
😂😂

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-05-22, 08:31
https://youtu.be/LVREKUVRoEQ

Have that Eurovision

J R Hartley
16-05-22, 11:02

I am all ears

Why do you always bring up utterly irrelevant years old arguments up and totally derail threads? No need for it.

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-05-22, 13:25
Why do you always bring up utterly irrelevant years old arguments up and totally derail threads? No need for it.

Well if someone is going to accuse another of talking bollocks then I have a good memory of in this case the accuser doing precisely that

It's no more complicated than that

William Treseder
16-05-22, 13:35
Well if someone is going to accuse another of talking bollocks then I have a good memory of in this case the accuser doing precisely that

It's no more complicated than that

If, and it’s a big if, i did post what you’ve said 2yrs ago, then at that moment in time, that would have been my opinion. The fact that you didn’t like it, or agree with it, is your prerogative
You obviously didn’t like my opinion on this thread, or my opinion on the trust thread either. That is again, your prerogative. At the end of the day, i don’t give a rats arse.
You’ll never shout me down on here, or anywhere else for that matter, so do one 👍

life on mars
16-05-22, 15:54
Thanks to you and Bloop for clarifying things. I think my hatred of all things Eurovision stems from being forced to watch our entry in 1966 as a ten year old as a punishment for some long forgotten misdemeanour- it had a traumatic effect on me and I don’t think I’ve ever fully recovered from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfKk0uEGsPA

The only one time x 2 :facepalm:

life on mars
16-05-22, 15:56

180 plus million love a car crash TV show and have done for decades ,bring back gender neutral Brush Brush I say and Crackerjack ( if they don't offend that is )

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-05-22, 18:13
If, and it’s a big if, i did post what you’ve said 2yrs ago, then at that moment in time, that would have been my opinion. The fact that you didn’t like it, or agree with it, is your prerogative
You obviously didn’t like my opinion on this thread, or my opinion on the trust thread either. That is again, your prerogative. At the end of the day, i don’t give a rats arse.
You’ll never shout me down on here, or anywhere else for that matter, so do one 👍

Oh it's not an if , you made great play of the black athlete playing the race card and people like me of preventing the police from doing their jobs .......which in this case was performing an illegal stop on an innocent woman and her partner . You were doing the coppers job for them which was a bit strange considering not long before you were saying how proud you were of your roots .

So whether you give a rats arse about it or not doesn't bother me . You were completely wrong.

It's no more complicated than that . If you want to make little digs as you have recently which is of course your perogative .....as you say .....then its going to involve you getting the same back .

William Treseder
17-05-22, 12:51
Oh it's not an if , you made great play of the black athlete playing the race card and people like me of preventing the police from doing their jobs .......which in this case was performing an illegal stop on an innocent woman and her partner . You were doing the coppers job for them which was a bit strange considering not long before you were saying how proud you were of your roots .

So whether you give a rats arse about it or not doesn't bother me . You were completely wrong.

It's no more complicated than that . If you want to make little digs as you have recently which is of course your perogative .....as you say .....then its going to involve you getting the same back .
I can take any dig you throw at me. Just find you a strange character. You seem to think you have the monopoly on every thread you post in, which is almost every thread on here.
You are getting tiresome now, so as i’ve said on a few occasions, get yourself a job, and start annoying other folk 👍

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-05-22, 13:04
I can take any dig you throw at me. Just find you a strange character. You seem to think you have the monopoly on every thread you post in, which is almost every thread on here.
You are getting tiresome now, so as i’ve said on a few occasions, get yourself a job, and start annoying other folk 👍

You need to practice what you preach , you don't give a rats arse yet you are back again , whingeing . Or making things up .

Go and get a job or clean the car . It

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-05-22, 13:05

Yeah course you can

Go and get a job or clean the car or join the boy scouts

It will give you a sense of purpose

William Treseder
17-05-22, 13:24
Yeah course you can

Go and get a job or clean the car or join the boy scouts

It will give you a sense of purpose

I’ve decided to annoy you on this thread and not let you have the last word. Posters like you wont sleep at night if they can’t get the last word.
Let’s be fair, your only claim to fame on here is cacking your pants and running into a Mothercare store when a few excitable Exeter fans kicked off. You were probably getting too mouthy back then as you do on here.

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-05-22, 13:29
I’ve decided to annoy you on this thread and not let you have the last word. Posters like you wont sleep at night if they can’t get the last word.
Let’s be fair, your only claim to fame on here is cacking your pants and running into a Mothercare store when a few excitable Exeter fans kicked off. You were probably getting too mouthy back then as you do on here.

Cardiff took a kicking that day

We wouldn't have if you had been there obviously

But not nowadays of course old fella

You take care

William Treseder
17-05-22, 13:42
Cardiff took a kicking that day

We wouldn't have if you had been there obviously

But not nowadays of course old fella

You take care

Will do sonny. 👍