PDA

View Full Version : Warnock to be investigated?

Nobody's Rep
27-05-22, 08:51
https://dailynationtoday.com/fa-investigate-claims-neil-warnock-demanded-6000-in-cash-from-former-qpr-player-if-he-wanted-a-game/

dml1954
27-05-22, 11:13
Why wait ten years to bring this to light ?

The Lone Gunman
27-05-22, 15:12
Why wait ten years to bring this to light ?

A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years. Interesting, as I’ve never heard any former players make claims of this nature about any other manager.

While the FA are investigating, they should take a look at the deal which brought the McKay twins to Cardiff.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
27-05-22, 15:32
A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years. Interesting, as I’ve never heard any former players make claims of this nature about any other manager.

While the FA are investigating, they should take a look at the deal which brought the McKay twins to Cardiff.

Weren't the McKay twins on the radar of many Championship clubs at the time? :hehe:

life on mars
27-05-22, 16:08
Investgated for ???

He belongs to an age where dodgy deals are done and he was successful in a sport full of corruption

dml1954
27-05-22, 16:27

Name the players involved and the location of the podcasts and interviews, so that we can all make an informed decision on whether to believe them or not. I repeat, why has Rowan Vine waited for 10 years before bringing this information forward ?

the other bob wilson
27-05-22, 16:35
Investgated for ???

He belongs to an age where dodgy deals are done and he was successful in a sport full of corruption

Remind me never to employ you to defend me if I ever have to face charges.

Lither_1927
27-05-22, 16:37
Remind me never to employ you to defend me if I ever have to face charges.

Lol

The Lone Gunman
27-05-22, 16:46
Name the players involved and the location of the podcasts and interviews, so that we can all make an informed decision on whether to believe them or not. I repeat, why has Rowan Vine waited for 10 years before bringing this information forward ?

Jason Puncheon was one. Google it.

Why has Rowan Vine waited 10 years before bringing this information forward? No idea. You'd have to ask him. Wasn't it a TikTok video or something similar? Maybe he didn't intend to make the allegations publicly, but these things have a habit of surfacing eventually. But who cares? The information's out there now.

Any views on the magnificent McKay twins deal Warnock struck?

splott parker
27-05-22, 16:54

Perhaps he didn’t want to jeopardise anything during his career and decided to let a few years go by. Many allegations & truths come out years later for various reasons.....Saville, Prince Andrew, Bennell, Spacey etc. Doesn’t mean they’re any less serious if proved to be true.

Hungry Blue
27-05-22, 20:41
Jason Puncheon was one.

So one then? Guess that is a 'number' 🤣

So predictable

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
27-05-22, 20:46
There was a Sheff U player (I think) who said Warnock would only put a sub on if they split the appearance fee. Can't remember who it was now.

Edit: If the game was safe or gone - it wasn't a general policy.

The Bloop
27-05-22, 20:54

Maybe he wanted to wait until Warnock retired?
Didn't we consider signing Rowan Vine when Warnock released him at QPR, or was it just silly season on the message board?

dembethewarrior
27-05-22, 21:03
Didn't we consider signing Rowan Vine when Warnock released him at QPR, or was it just silly season on the message board?

I thought we were after him from Luton?

dml1954
27-05-22, 21:16

Why has Rowan Vine waited 10 years before bringing this information forward? No idea. You'd have to ask him. Wasn't it a TikTok video or something similar? Maybe he didn't intend to make the allegations publicly, but these things have a habit of surfacing eventually. But who cares? The information's out there now.

No, you google it and provide the information. You are the one who made the accusation. With regard to the Mckay twins, in order to make a decision on that, we need to know exactly how much they were paid and other details of their contracts - any ideas ?

Ninian1962
27-05-22, 21:16

Or on the transfer of Joey Barton from Newcastle to QPR when NW was QPR manager?

Or the football authorities looking into transfers arranged through an agency who at the time employed James Warnock when NW was Crystal Palace manager?

Or the football authorities being very concerned about transfers arranged through a different agency who by then had employed a certain James Warnock when NW was CCFC manager? At one point 9 of our squad were on that agency`s books which is a higher number than any other club in the EFL or Premier League. That included a couple of players that moved to that agency from another one.

Or of CCFC manager NW regularly picking his youngest son William to play in Development games ahead of more talented players, therefore partly blocking their development?

In my opinion, by far the most worrying activity was NW dealing with Willie McKay over a considerable period concerning the Emiliano Sala transfer when he knew full well that said individual was not an authorised intermediary (and also remains an undischarged bankrupt until at least August 2023 )and therefore was not allowed under FA and UEFA rules to have any involvement at all in football transfers. That would be the same Willie McKay who was the agent involved in the Joey Barton transfer mentioned above.

dml1954
27-05-22, 21:18

Has Warnock retired though ? He has said he has before.

The Lone Gunman
27-05-22, 21:23
So predictable

What is?

dml1954
27-05-22, 21:26
Or on the transfer of Joey Barton from Newcastle to QPR when NW was QPR manager?

Or the football authorities looking into transfers arranged through an agency who at the time employed James Warnock when NW was Crystal Palace manager?

Or the football authorities being very concerned about transfers arranged through a different agency who by then had employed a certain James Warnock when NW was CCFC manager? At one point 9 of our squad were on that agency`s books which is a higher number than any other club in the EFL or Premier League. That included a couple of players that moved to that agency from another one.

Or of CCFC manager NW regularly picking his youngest son William to play in Development games ahead of more talented players, therefore partly blocking their development?

In my opinion, by far the most worrying activity was NW dealing with Willie McKay over a considerable period concerning the Emiliano Sala transfer when he knew full well that said individual was not an authorised intermediary (and also remains an undischarged bankrupt until at least August 2023 )and therefore was not allowed under FA and UEFA rules to have any involvement at all in football transfers. That would be the same Willie McKay who was the agent involved in the Joey Barton transfer mentioned above.

Did the football authorities take any action though. Some of these things happened years ago. Until proven otherwise Warnock is not guilty of anything and your comments are all speculation and innuendo. Where is the evidence that Warnock was involved with anything illegal in any of the things you said.

The Lone Gunman
27-05-22, 21:27
No, you google it and provide the information. You are the one who made the accusation. With regard to the Mckay twins, in order to make a decision on that, we need to know exactly how much they were paid and other details of their contracts - any ideas ?

Do your own research if you’re interested. I’m too busy trying to find more information about the massive Madine loan fee. It’s eluded me thus far.

dembethewarrior
27-05-22, 21:43
No matter what their contracts were they had **** all business being here.

Alfresco
27-05-22, 21:45
Sounds like a load of cobblers. TLG stated 'A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years' that is one hell of a statement and one that he should give details of his findings.

The Lone Gunman
27-05-22, 22:01
Sounds like a load of cobblers. TLG stated 'A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years' that is one hell of a statement and one that he should give details of his findings.

I haven’t conducted an investigation. Therefore, I have no findings to present. I remember reading reports about Puncheon’s claims which I believe made it as far as a Parliamentary select committee, I remember reading on here discussions about podcasts in which an ex-Sheffield Utd player or players claimed they had had to split appearance money with Warnock if he put them on as a sub or something similar (I didn’t pay too much attention and never listen to podcasts), and now we have Rowan Vine’s claims.

Probably all rubbish, though. After all, Warnock didn’t conduct any suspect deals while he was at Cardiff, did he? I’m sure he’s as honest as the day is long.

Lawnmower
27-05-22, 22:40
As much as I admire what Warnock did when he first came here, that promotion season was something special, that deal with the McKays was dodgy as hell and his relationship with their father casts a cloud over it all.

The bringing on of Rhys Healey in a game we needed to get something from ( and could have) away at Fulham was another odd one.

Brought on 15 minutes before Bobby Reid, who immediately made a massive difference ( Healey wasn’t much more than a passenger)
Appearance fee ?

Tuerto
27-05-22, 22:48
1hr 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzGNo0GXNzU&t=34s

Tuerto
27-05-22, 22:48
1hr 18

the other bob wilson
28-05-22, 03:35
1hr 18

Interesting.

tomcat
28-05-22, 09:17

An extremely reliable source said that this was "allegedly" happening at Middlesborough and was discovered by the owner. He was less than pleased and worked out a way for them to part without it becoming common knowldege. The same source advised me that Tan took great interest in the Bacuna transfer after Wanock had left, he was advised that the figures didn't stack up and we paid way away over both the purchase price and wages for a player of his quality and reputation. The only other bids were in the £800k mark.

Enoch Mort
28-05-22, 10:07
The Transfer Committee said no to the Sala transfer so Warnock goes over their head and persuades Tan directly to approve the transfer at a fee which Dalman and Co were not happy with.

I wonder why he was so desperate to sign him ? What was his motivation ? Of course, he must have thought that he was the striker we needed to solve our problems !

Is Tan saying yes to Warnock after the Transfer Committee saying no the biggest "Sliding Doors" moment in the history of CCFC ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/were-under-siege-mehmet-dalman-21950687

NYCBlue
28-05-22, 11:55
Where are there people on this thread so determined for this not to be true? I don't understand why people who are detached from a situation could be so against things being investigated. It doesn't make sense.

dml1954
28-05-22, 13:49
No matter what their contracts were they had **** all business being here.

The point that i am making here us that if they were paid peanuts (which I believe they were) and as they were brought in as ‘squad fillers’ to only add experience to the reserves (which is what i remember from the time and they certainly didn't get anywhere near the first team) then why does everyone get so upset about their signings. They will have cost the club very little in wages/bonuses. These sort of things are just an excuse used by the ‘Warnock haters’ to continually beat him and the club over the head.

dml1954
28-05-22, 13:51
As much as I admire what Warnock did when he first came here, that promotion season was something special, that deal with the McKays was dodgy as hell and his relationship with their father casts a cloud over it all.

The bringing on of Rhys Healey in a game we needed to get something from ( and could have) away at Fulham was another odd one.

Brought on 15 minutes before Bobby Reid, who immediately made a massive difference ( Healey wasn’t much more than a passenger)
Appearance fee ?

Was Warnock the only manager to have some sort of relationship with Mckay - no. So why not have a go at all the other people who had contact with Mckay instead of continually trying to discredit Warnock achievements here.

dml1954
28-05-22, 13:53
An extremely reliable source said that this was "allegedly" happening at Middlesborough and was discovered by the owner. He was less than pleased and worked out a way for them to part without it becoming common knowldege. The same source advised me that Tan took great interest in the Bacuna transfer after Wanock had left, he was advised that the figures didn't stack up and we paid way away over both the purchase price and wages for a player of his quality and reputation. The only other bids were in the £800k mark.

This is all ‘tittle tattle’ and here-say. Not worth the paper it isn’t written on.

Father Dougal
28-05-22, 13:54
The point that i am making here us that if they were paid peanuts (which I believe they were) and as they were brought in as ‘squad fillers’ to only add experience to the reserves (which is what i remember from the time and they certainly didn't get anywhere near the first team) then why does everyone get so upset about their signings. They will have cost the club very little in wages/bonuses. These sort of things are just an excuse used by the ‘Warnock haters’ to continually beat him and the club over the head.

There could be a case for saying it was for "the greater good" (the greater good) of pleasing mckay for us to get something in return so we signed his kids. It could have been even more dodgy than that.

But surely nobody could argue they were signed for footballing reasons.

cyril evans awaydays
28-05-22, 13:55

This is all ‘tittle tattle’ and heresay.

Father Dougal
28-05-22, 13:55
Was Warnock the only manager to have some sort of relationship with Mckay - no. So why not have a go at all the other people who had contact with Mckay instead of continually trying to discredit Warnock achievements here.

How many of them signed both his kids?

tomcat
28-05-22, 14:03

I spoke to a father of one the decent u23s who played with them.He said that the other players were staggered when the twins were offered contracts as they weren't any good in their trial games. They also,after signing,told the others their wage, which was a lot.

The Lone Gunman
28-05-22, 14:04
The point that i am making here us that if they were paid peanuts (which I believe they were) and as they were brought in as ‘squad fillers’ to only add experience to the reserves.....

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Experience of what exactly?

Tito Fuente
28-05-22, 14:11
This is all ‘tittle tattle’ and heresay.
It appears that believing that Neil Warnock is capable of doing wrong is also heresy.

Nobody's Rep
28-05-22, 14:19
It appears that believing that Neil Warnock is capable of doing wrong is also heresy.

I suspect that if one was brave enough to take it further then it might encourage others to come forward if they could see it was being taken seriously but I suspect its the FA next move that will be interesting??

EastbourneBlue
28-05-22, 14:20

Appearance fee ?

Was told years ago by a former player that he’d turn to the bench and ask who was willing to offer most to come on, so would be surprised if it isn’t true.

Surprised people still talk about that Healey sub. Yes it was a little left field but Healey had been showing some promise and surely what’s happened since shows it wasn’t that crazy?

splott parker
28-05-22, 14:26

:hehe: excellent way of ridiculing poor spelling :thumbup:

cyril evans awaydays
28-05-22, 14:56
Was told years ago by a former player that he’d turn to the bench and ask who was willing to offer most to come on, so would be surprised if it isn’t true.

Surprised people still talk about that Healey sub. Yes it was a little left field but Healey had been showing some promise and surely what’s happened since shows it wasn’t that crazy?

He brought Healey on as a playmaker replacement for Camarasa whilst Reid twiddled his thumbs on the bench for another 15 minutes. It's as mystifying today as it was in the ground!

tomcat
28-05-22, 15:12
He brought Healey on as a playmaker replacement for Camarasa whilst Reid twiddled his thumbs on the bench for another 15 minutes. It's as mystifying today as it was in the ground!
And as he did it the chairman and CEO both simultaneously went into meltdown, this is from someone who was there and witnessed it first-hand

Ninian1962
28-05-22, 20:25

I am pretty certain , after checking with several other clubs in the EFL and Premier League , that none of them had any dealings with Willie McKay at the time when he was not a licenced intermediary and was therefore banned from being involved IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER in transfer deals. That includes any involvement as an "advisor" to his son.

He is still not licenced to act and will not be until at least August 2023 when his 5 year Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking ends (normally a bankrupt gets a discharge after 12 months but McKay`s behaviour was such that his Trustee in Bankruptcy successfully got that extended to 5 years. (these are facts that can be verified on official publicly available websites).

Neil Warnock knew McKay well , having dealt with him on transfers before , and would have been well aware that he couldn`t get involved in the Sala transfer but still dealt with him including taking flights back and forth to France with him, So it is hardly unreasonable to suggest that he must have had other motives for doing so. The suggestion is just strengthened by the granting of playing contracts to two of McKay`s sons who weren`t up to normal required playing levels.

McKay can hardly be regarded as keeping his involvement a big secret as he visited the Cardiff City Stadium on at least two occasions on a match day (I saw him there with my own eyes) and was overheard speaking about transfer matters.

You are right to ask about others at CCFC who were aware of McKay`s involvement in the deal but didn`t stop it. This question has been asked of the directors who say that their objections were overruled by the club owner after a direct approach to him by Neil Warnock.