PDA

View Full Version : Fans Launch Flares And Explosives At Their Own Team

Undercoverinwurzelland
29-05-22, 21:36
https://www.sportbible.com/football/saint-etienne-fans-launch-flares-and-explosives-at-their-own-team-20220529

Undercoverinwurzelland
29-05-22, 21:36
https://mobile.twitter.com/ArryLavsTheYids/status/1531000465902772230

Des Parrot
30-05-22, 04:31
Blame it on fake tickets

UNDERHILL1927
30-05-22, 05:31
Morison got off lightly after the loss to Swansea at home then.

Horrible scenes, but there seems to be a lot of unrest at the moment. It seems “normal” people are starting to become increasingly fed up with being squeezed and blamed for the economic problems Covid has caused.

PontBlue
30-05-22, 06:57
I'd say it is more likely the actions of some elected officials that emboldens people to think this is acceptable behaviour.

dml1954
30-05-22, 08:19
I'd say it is more likely the actions of some elected officials that emboldens people to think this is acceptable behaviour.

I must have missed the bit then where our Government set off flares and explosives aimed at its own electorate ! Its just an excuse for mindless morons to go on the rampage, nothing more, nothing less.

Rjk
30-05-22, 08:22
reading that it's Saint Etienne fans had a mental image of people launching rockets at Sarah Cracknell, which is bang out of order IMO.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-05-22, 09:18
reading that it's Saint Etienne fans had a mental image of people launching rockets at Sarah Cracknell, which is bang out of order IMO.

Aye she was well fit

Rjk
30-05-22, 09:22
Aye she was well fit

must be in her ,50s now, probably still fit

JamesWales
30-05-22, 10:34
People understandably expressing concern over pitch invasions and a return to some disorder in British football, but it has been much worse in France this season.

Lockdowns/Covid does seem to have changed something in some people; I dunno what, people feeling a need to express themselves more perhaps? Which is mostly good, but also brings out bad aspects.

Trigger
31-05-22, 07:21
People understandably expressing concern over pitch invasions and a return to some disorder in British football, but it has been much worse in France this season.

Lockdowns/Covid does seem to have changed something in some people; I dunno what, people feeling a need to express themselves more perhaps? Which is mostly good, but also brings out bad aspects.

People are just getting screwed wherever they look at the moment. I'm surprised there haven't yet been the sort of austerity riots we saw a while back.

Having said that French football seems to have incidents every now and then.

I'm impressed by their speed and organisation, flip of a coin reaction whether they win and invade in celebration or lose and go berserk.

JamesWales
31-05-22, 08:35
People are just getting screwed wherever they look at the moment. I'm surprised there haven't yet been the sort of austerity riots we saw a while back.

Having said that French football seems to have incidents every now and then.

I'm impressed by their speed and organisation, flip of a coin reaction whether they win and invade in celebration or lose and go berserk.

I think there's quite a few places in the world in a bit of a febrile state at the moment, and it wouldn't take much.

Canton Kev
31-05-22, 16:34
I think there's quite a few places in the world in a bit of a febrile state at the moment, and it wouldn't take much.

It’s only going to get worse. Life is getting tougher and more expensive for more people everyday with no end in sight. I predict either a long, hot summer will get people going or a cold, depressing winter when people are having to choose between heating or eating that night.

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
31-05-22, 22:07
I predict a Riot