PDA

View Full Version : Bale and Ramsey.......

tomcat
01-06-22, 18:32
Watch this space, three separate snippets given from interesting and unrelated sources which make a bigger picture........

The Lone Gunman
01-06-22, 18:52
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Canton Kev
01-06-22, 19:01
Absolutely no chance. I refuse to get excited cause it’s too good to be true.... I bloody hope it’s true :wales:

tomcat
01-06-22, 19:18
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
And apparently Rambo more likely as Bale dependent on us qualifying. Both minted, having been on ludicrous wages for years and wanting to join their local club and play together for 10-12 weeks minimum. Could be bollocks based on just one of the three things I've been told but collectively they point at deals being discussed with, apparently, wages going to charity. Plus you don't both randomly join Wales' most expensive golf club at the same time😂

blue matt
01-06-22, 19:21
Watch this space, three separate snippets given from interesting and unrelated sources which make a bigger picture........

I hope the 3 unrelated sources are:

1. Bale
2. Rambo
3. Steve Morison

tell me its them, please

the other bob wilson
01-06-22, 19:38
Never thought I’d say this, but after Ramsey’s loan spell at Rangers, I’m not so sure about him coming here.

The Bloop
01-06-22, 20:42
Never thought I’d say this, but after Ramsey’s loan spell at Rangers, I’m not so sure about him coming here.

I'm not too worried about his recent penalty record though, as we never get awarded any.

goats
01-06-22, 20:46

He did it just to fool everyone that’s he’s lost it so he can sign for us

MacAdder
01-06-22, 20:50
.... will both be coming to Cardiff.

I have it from a very trustworthy source.

Sunday :hide:

Dave Blue
01-06-22, 20:54
Any signing based on us qualifying has got a whole lot harder.

the other bob wilson
01-06-22, 20:57
I'm not too worried about his recent penalty record though, as we never get awarded any.

The penalty was the least of my concerns, it’s getting him out on the pitch often enough to take one.

Eric the Half a Bee
01-06-22, 21:03
The penalty was the least of my concerns, it’s getting him out on the pitch often enough to take one.

Same with Bale. If, by some coincidence, they wanted to play for us short term just to maintain fitness ahead of the World Cup, I'd be wary of it. Yes, they're both still immensely capable and talented footballers, but I want them playing week in, week out, or there's a real risk of unbalancing the squad. If their aim was to retire after the world cup, where would that leave us?

A Quiet Monkfish
01-06-22, 21:13
Same with Bale. If, by some coincidence, they wanted to play for us short term just to maintain fitness ahead of the World Cup, I'd be wary of it. Yes, they're both still immensely capable and talented footballers, but I want them playing week in, week out, or there's a real risk of unbalancing the squad. If their aim was to retire after the world cup, where would that leave us?

We're heading into unknown territory next season. If we had one of our decent Championship squads from the last 17 years then I'd agree, but with those 2 making appearances - even if it's off the bench - then I'd be happy. I'm sure if thing worked out up until the World Cup then they'd probably return for the rest of the season..

Eric the Half a Bee
01-06-22, 21:23
We're heading into unknown territory next season. If we had one of our decent Championship squads from the last 17 years then I'd agree, but with those 2 making appearances - even if it's off the bench - then I'd be happy. I'm sure if thing worked out up until the World Cup then they'd probably return for the rest of the season..

But that would need to be confirmed before the start of the season. If they used us as a training camp and then retired, I wouldn't be happy at all.

life on mars
01-06-22, 21:27

Ditto .
And Bale may well not fit into the squad either, could upset things ??

delmbox
01-06-22, 21:34
Ditto .
And Bale may well not fit into the squad either, could upset things ??

we haven't really got a squad yet, and maybe having him might make it more attractive to players we're trying to sign

jon1959
01-06-22, 21:51
we haven't really got a squad yet, and maybe having him might make it more attractive to players we're trying to sign

Jamilu Collins seems to be Gareth Bale's No 1 fan based on his 'Get To Know....' Q&A on the club website.

Nobody's Rep
01-06-22, 21:54
People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise 😂😂😂

Lither_1927
01-06-22, 22:02
People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise 😂😂😂
😆 I thought the same

blue matt
01-06-22, 22:34
People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise ������

you have to laugh , We are Cardiff and deciding would we offer Bale and Rambo a contract :hehe::hehe:

NYCBlue
02-06-22, 00:20
People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise ������

Right? This is literally the stuff dreams are made of.

Carl Dale's Mole
02-06-22, 02:22
I love them. I loved it when Ramsey came back last time and I’d love it again this time if it happened. We have absolutely no right to sign them. I don’t think they can handle a Championship schedule and I don’t even think it will work out but I don’t care. It’ll still be miles better than last season. See them in blue with a good game or two, that’ll do.

the other bob wilson
02-06-22, 03:34

So, what you’re saying in essence then is that Robbie Fowler was worth what we paid him purely on his reputation. I’ve never said Bale is not worth the risk, his relationship with his club had all but broken down and so he was bound to miss a lot of games, but Ramsey was proclaimed as the greatest signing the Scottish game had seen in years back in January, he was at a club that were desperate to pick him, but would anyone class his time at Rangers as a success now?

I’ve said before that Ramsey is my favourite modern day footballer and I’m not bothered in the slightest about that penalty, but it doesn’t take much expertise (self proclaimed or otherwise - incidentally, when have I ever proclaimed my so called expertise on here before?), to look at his fitness record in recent years and deduce that signing him would be a very big risk for a club as cash strapped as we are meant to be that is in need of building a new squad almost from scratch.

Nobody's Rep
02-06-22, 03:48
So, what you’re saying in essence then is that Robbie Fowler was worth what we paid him purely on his reputation. I’ve never said Bale is not worth the risk, his relationship with his club had all but broken down and so he was bound to miss a lot of games, but Ramsey was proclaimed as the greatest signing the Scottish game had seen in years back in January, he was at a club that were desperate to pick him, but would anyone class his time at Rangers as a success now?

I’ve said before that Ramsey is my favourite modern day footballer and I’m not bothered in the slightest about that penalty, but it doesn’t take much expertise (self proclaimed or otherwise - incidentally, when have I ever proclaimed my so called expertise on here before?), to look at his fitness record in recent years and deduce that signing him would be a very big risk for a club as cash strapped as we are meant to be that is in need of building a new squad almost from scratch.

Firstly this board is not all about you so get over yourself - it was a general comment about people who want to 2nd guess everything about the club, twist every post regardless as to whether it is about CCFC or not, in order to have a dig at the club and more recently just have a dig at SM, turn any positive into a negative, etc etc.

Second if we can get a tune out of either or both if they were to come here, to any level close to their international form then surely that has to be a plus let alone the impact they would have off the field with the younger players and the commercial impact and general media interest it would bring.

You mention Fowler which didn't work out but I would say Hasselbaink did - that's what happens when you sign any player - they are a risk - some work and some don't - our history like any club is littered with signings that did and didn't work - this I would say is completely different and as I said why would we say no as long as the deals are financially sound?

Laslty maybe I like to see the world in a positive light when it appears quite a few of the people on here just want to have a moan about anything or everything

As my dear old mum used to say different strokes for different folks

Carl Dale's Mole
02-06-22, 03:58
Firstly this board is not all about you so get over yourself - it was a general comment about people who want to 2nd guess everything about the club, twist every post regardless as to whether it is about CCFC or not, in order to have a dig at the club and more recently just have a dig at SM, turn any positive into a negative, etc etc.

Second if we can get a tune out of either or both if they were to come here, to any level close to their international form then surely that has to be a plus let alone the impact they would have off the field with the younger players and the commercial impact and general media interest it would bring.

You mention Fowler which didn't work out but I would say Hasselbaink did - that's what happens when you sign any player - they are a risk - some work and some don't - our history like any club is littered with signings that did and didn't work - this I would say is completely different and as I said why would we say no as long as the deals are financially sound?

Laslty maybe I like to see the world in a positive light when it appears quite a few of the people on here just want to have a moan about anything or everything

As my dear old mum used to say different strokes for different folks

He says after berating ToBW for simply replying a post :hehe:

I get that it's annoying when certain people on here seem to enjoy mocking the club at every turn. But there has to be better examples of that in other threads by other people.

Ramsey wasn't great at Rangers. Can even say he hasn't been great for a while. But it would be great to see him in a City shirt once more IMO :ayatollah:

Some quality in this squad wouldn't go amiss!

dembethewarrior
02-06-22, 04:15
And apparently Rambo more likely as Bale dependent on us qualifying. Both minted, having been on ludicrous wages for years and wanting to join their local club and play together for 10-12 weeks minimum. Could be bollocks based on just one of the three things I've been told but collectively they point at deals being discussed with, apparently, wages going to charity. Plus you don't both randomly join Wales' most expensive golf club at the same time😂

Heard the charity thing a while back not sure where it's coming from but its been going a while now.

the other bob wilson
02-06-22, 04:28
He says after berating ToBW for simply replying a post :hehe:

I get that it's annoying when certain people on here seem to enjoy mocking the club at every turn. But there has to be better examples of that in other threads by other people.

Ramsey wasn't great at Rangers. Can even say he hasn't been great for a while. But it would be great to see him in a City shirt once more IMO :ayatollah:

Some quality in this squad wouldn't go amiss!

Thanks, I was surprised by that reply which I thought was uncalled for given what I’d said - I’m not knocking the club if there is a real desire to get both players here on their part and I wouldn’t be critical of Steve Morison either, but I just think there’s potential for it all end to end in tears.

If there’s any truth to that rumour about wages going to charity, then it’s a great gesture.

William Treseder
02-06-22, 06:02
Apparently Rangers fans call him Tampon.
1 week in, 3 weeks out!

Wales-Bales
02-06-22, 06:06
What are the the odds of them both being on the pitch at the same time, or even one of them for that matter? :biggrin:

Nobody's Rep
02-06-22, 06:44
Thanks, I was surprised by that reply which I thought was uncalled for given what I’d said - I’m not knocking the club if there is a real desire to get both players here on their part and I wouldn’t be critical of Steve Morison either, but I just think there’s potential for it all end to end in tears.

If there’s any truth to that rumour about wages going to charity, then it’s a great gesture.

Fair enough and on reflection the opening statement was harsh and misplaced so I am to apologise

billy.ronson
02-06-22, 07:48
If the club gets the chance to sign both for a 6 month contract then we’d be mad not to ….the shirt and ticket sales would be thru the roof not to mention extra TV games …..and what if , it somehow paid off….. if not then hopefully we’ll kick around mid table and develop the way Morison wants to play. The advice players like Colwill, Davies etc would get could turn them into championship players

Of course, this could be so far from truth and nothing happens

the other bob wilson
02-06-22, 07:53
Fair enough and on reflection the opening statement was harsh and misplaced so I am to apologise

:thumbup:

blue matt
02-06-22, 09:11

Bingo

Ive mentioned it a lot on here, and I asked last night, is it a new thing or a post start of C19 era thing ? ? ? Have Cardiff Fans ( or the Welsh in general ) always been such a moaning group ? ? ?

HiVis
02-06-22, 09:16
But that would need to be confirmed before the start of the season. If they used us as a training camp and then retired, I wouldn't be happy at all.

really? we could be set up nicely for the second half of the season, with good crowds and the likelihood of a strong Jan 2023 transfer window.

Pedro de la Rosa
02-06-22, 13:49
Right? This is literally the stuff dreams are made of.

They won’t be here for the money, and I doubt we’d pay them much. If they use us to stay match fit for the WC it benefits everyone. God I hope we qualify just because we’ve qualified but if we got these two for 4 months, I would be doing cartwheels. Rambo is without doubt a big City fan too, his favourite ever player is Kav

xsnaggle
03-06-22, 06:53
The pair of them would be an inspiration and wonderful role models for the young players coming through too. It's a no lose situation.

cityhammer
03-06-22, 06:59
Bingo

Ive mentioned it a lot on here, and I asked last night, is it a new thing or a post start of C19 era thing ? ? ? Have Cardiff Fans ( or the Welsh in general ) always been such a moaning group ? ? ?

is there any group of fans who could see a negative to having Bale and Ramsey for free?

AfricanBluebird
03-06-22, 07:00

It would be a worry, we know the championship is unforgiving.

When he was on the pitch for Rangers, he was exceptional though.

BLUETIT
03-06-22, 07:13
Fans talk about his penalty miss in the final.

Personally, I think he was caught in two minds, one, take a normal penalty and two, take a Panenka, as he did against Israel (I believe).

Totally over thought it and if Sunday was to go to penalties and he attempted one, well I think a few fans would be upset .

Whilst where on the subject, here’s a few heart in the mouth moments

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqREm2xdV8

blue matt
03-06-22, 08:21
is there any group of fans who could see a negative to having Bale and Ramsey for free?

only at Cardiff City :thumbup:

Vindec
03-06-22, 08:28
I doubt whether there is a single championship club that would turn down the opportunity of signing Bale and Ramsey on low (by championship standards) wages.

As an aside I saw Ramsey play for Rangers on TV and he was a class apart from the others on display. Of course his injury record isn't great but to get crocked is a risk that could happen to any player.

Trigger
03-06-22, 09:03
If on reasonable wages we would have them in a heartbeat. On one leg they would be more than good enough and their experience would be a massive help to the younger lads coming through.

I'd be amazed if we got one though

splott parker
03-06-22, 09:57
[QUOTE=BLUETIT;5306479]Fans talk about his penalty miss in the final.

Personally, I think he was caught in two minds, one, take a normal penalty and two, take a Panenka, as he did against Israel (I believe).

Totally over thought it and if Sunday was to go to penalties and he attempted one, well I think a few fans would be upset .

Whilst where on the subject, here’s a few heart in the mouth moments

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqREm2xdV8[/QUOTE

The Panenka pelanty was in Serbia, ironically in the same stadium that Panenka took his……..that was a long night, latest I’ve been kept in the ground after the final whistle.

delmbox
03-06-22, 12:49
Has there ever been any suggestion at any point that Ramsey's coming here? Bale is far more likely