View Full Version : Bale not ruling out Cardiff City move.

the other bob wilson
13-06-22, 10:54
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61784088

I’m beginning to think this might happen.

goats
13-06-22, 10:58

Wish he would just tell us all now….it’s bound to have a baring on other players signing for us also

JamesWales
13-06-22, 11:09
He's coming home!

Pedro de la Rosa
13-06-22, 11:14

The line about the standard is telling, I really think he's going to sign.

The Lone Gunman
13-06-22, 11:17

I think it's looking increasingly likely, and boy does he need to get some games under his belt - something he may not be guaranteed elsewhere. He's looked way off the pace in the recent international matches.

Monster munch
13-06-22, 11:22
I'm starting to agree now. It just makes perfect sense.
His family home in the vale is 5 minutes from the training centre for Cardiff and Wales for christ sake. :hehe:

Yeah its going to happen.

Grangenders
13-06-22, 11:40
Can’t wait to see him pinging in all those crosses in to James Collins

Cleve van Leef
13-06-22, 11:48
Sorry to put a dampener on the story, but I don’t think he will sign for his home town Club.

Sunnysideup
13-06-22, 12:09
Unibet are Even money for Bale to sign where all the other bookies are offering 1/2 - 1/3
Have their odds compilers effed up or do they know something we don’t?

Trigger
13-06-22, 12:09
Sorry to put a dampener on the story, but I don’t think he will sign for his home town Club.

It's hard to see it happening.

I'm sure he will look at most options but I sort of feel that if he wanted to come here he may already be here or soon will be as there can't be much in terms of negotiations.

I'd imagine if it's not clear in the next week then we can rule it out.

Carl Dale's Mole
13-06-22, 12:10
Please Gareth, please.

North Cardiff Blue
13-06-22, 12:12
Unibet are Even money for Bale to sign where all the other bookies are offering 1/2 - 1/3
Have their odds compilers effed up or do they know something we don’t?

Yes poor odds, maybe bet on promotion before he signs and the odds go up :thumbup:

Rjk
13-06-22, 12:18
I don't think it will happen

LeningradCowboy
13-06-22, 12:23
The line about the standard is telling, I really think he's going to sign.

Or going to play in MLS.

IanD
13-06-22, 12:34
Wales....World Cup...tick. Promotion to the PL with his home City club isn't on his CV....yet...maybe.
£20k a week and 10% merch is the rumour.

Pedro de la Rosa
13-06-22, 12:35
Or going to play in MLS.

I don't think Bale sitting on a plane for 3-8 hours for every away game is a great idea with his injury issues.

It is also terrible timing for the world cup, their season ends at the start of October.

Rjk
13-06-22, 12:38
as Ramsey and Allen are also free agents, I wonder if they'll prioritize joining a club that could accommodate all of them together, so they get half a season of playing with each other.

the other bob wilson
13-06-22, 12:48

But could he sign for home city club?

light up the darkness
13-06-22, 12:48
Allen is a jack so he won’t come

I’m getting some paint ready to paint over Bales muriel in Whitchurch village

Either that or to add Viva Gareth Bale depending n which way it goes

Nobody's Rep
13-06-22, 12:57
It's hard to see it happening.

I'm sure he will look at most options but I sort of feel that if he wanted to come here he may already be here or soon will be as there can't be much in terms of negotiations.

I'd imagine if it's not clear in the next week then we can rule it out.

Maybe he wants to go on holiday without a media circus and feels if he announces before he is not going to get a break from that whereas whilst Wales online may print its usual rehash everyday talk of it directly to him will diminish whilst he is away and then ramp up when he is back which at that point he can then announce his plans?

Truth is no one knows I suppose.... Well except the other board of course 👍

Cleve van Leef
13-06-22, 13:12
But could he sign for home city club?

Now there is the dilemma :sherlock:

Nobody's Rep
13-06-22, 13:57
Now there is the dilemma :sherlock:

What's the dilemma? Us or Swansea, us or another club?

jon1959
13-06-22, 13:58
Does anyone else think his reference to Wales physios is significant?

"It's something I guess I need to sit down and go through, not just with my family, but with the manager here [Rob Page], with the physios here that we use, to see what would give me the best chance of being fit come November and December."

If he wants to stay close to the Wales medical/physio team in between camps (as well as the other coaching and backroom staff) does that add to the case for Cardiff City? I don't know who is working and around the Vale when the squad are back with their clubs - but it must be easier to stay in contact to manage his fitness in Cardiff than it would be in Newcastle, Italy or the USA?

Tuerto
13-06-22, 14:00
as Ramsey and Allen are also free agents, I wonder if they'll prioritize joining a club that could accommodate all of them together, so they get half a season of playing with each other.
My daughter is working in a coffee shop (in between doing her master's degree) near the international pool, she says that Joe Allen has been in three times over the past month or so, even mixing it up with some City players. He also gave her a £20 tip. Make of that, what you will!

JamesWales
13-06-22, 14:04

"It's something I guess I need to sit down and go through, not just with my family, but with the manager here [Rob Page], with the physios here that we use, to see what would give me the best chance of being fit come November and December."

If he wants to stay close to the Wales medical/physio team in between camps (as well as the other coaching and backroom staff) does that add to the case for Cardiff City? I don't know who is working and around the Vale when the squad are back with their clubs - but it must be easier to stay in contact to manage his fitness in Cardiff than it would be in Newcastle, Italy or the USA?

I think so yes. I think the biggest factor in whether or not he comes here was Wales qualifying for the world cup.

JamesWales
13-06-22, 14:05
My daughter is working in a coffee shop (in between doing her master's degree) near the international pool, she says that Joe Allen has been in three times over the past month or so, even mixing it up with some City players. He also gave her a £20 tip. Make of that, what you will!

I make of that that you will soon be Joe Allens father in law.

Trigger
13-06-22, 14:13

Your daughter was given 20 to keep it quiet, she failed miserably

City123
13-06-22, 14:17
I think I saw something about Stoke offering Allen a new deal?

the other bob wilson
13-06-22, 14:28

That was exactly the bit which jumped out for me.

Wales-Bales
13-06-22, 14:29
He should push himself with a Premier League team if he want's the best preparation for the World Cup.

Rjk
13-06-22, 14:35
He should push himself with a Premier League team if he want's the best preparation for the World Cup.

as long as they would play him (which I'm sure they would)
but it took spurs quite a while to get him into the side

UNDERHILL1927
13-06-22, 14:39

What part of “Bale won’t be guaranteed game time in the Premier League” don’t people understand. The reason behind his next move is purely to get game time, let’s not even over romanticise the coming home aspect of the move. We’ll give him the amount of game time that he needs and are much more likely to be flexible considering the fact that he’s waaaaaay too good to come to Cardiff City so let’s grab it with both hands if we can.

Rjk
13-06-22, 14:45
What part of “Bale won’t be guaranteed game time in the Premier League” don’t people understand. The reason behind his next move is purely to get game time, let’s not even over romanticise the coming home aspect of the move. We’ll give him the amount of game time that he needs and are much more likely to be flexible considering the fact that he’s waaaaaay too good to come to Cardiff City so let’s grab it with both hands if we can.

depends where he goes, but at most premier League clubs he'd be a nailed on starter

ccfcwelshlad
13-06-22, 14:47
We're probably the only club where he can come completely on his terms. Play when he wants, train how he wants; and I'd imagine as fans we would be accepting of it.

Anywhere else (aside from maybe Southampton but even then I'm not sure), there's going to be an expectation that it's on the club's terms, especially if picking up a wage.

I think seeing what is potentially Wales' greatest ever player run out in a Cardiff shirt outweighs any negative. I think it would do wonders for our loan targets too; and put us right at the top of the list for some real exciting players. I just hope we can get a 12 month out of him rather than 3/4 months... But maybe I'm being greedy.

UNDERHILL1927
13-06-22, 14:48
depends where he goes, but at most premier League clubs he'd be a nailed on starter

I don’t agree, Wales put up with the luxury of having him on the pitch because of the moments of magic he produces. A premier league team/fans won’t have the patience for that.

HiVis
13-06-22, 14:49
He's coming home!

Southampton?

Pedro de la Rosa
13-06-22, 14:56

Has Ramsey been paid up yet? I expect it'll happen but he's not on a free, yet. I could definitely see Rambo coming, provided Bale joins. I expect Allen will go back to Swansea if he doesn't stay at Stoke (he's been offered a new deal).

As welshlad says, Bale could join on his terms. Same as Ramsey. I think we could get both for a few months, keep them fit and then who knows. If they play 2/3s of our games, we could be right up there and they might think of staying for the rest of the season and beyond...

Tuerto
13-06-22, 15:00

He's ****ed though, surprised you haven't picked up on that. He suffers with muscle tears, which are horrendous injuries to recover from, and the lateral and medial muscles never fully recover, not in an athlete. That's why he doesn't extend himself anymore, he doesn't pick the ball up in deep positions and run at the opposition, he has a little pop at it over ten yards in the final third, attempting to create an opening for a shot or cross. Basically, the way he has played has screwed him. Bale would not be afforded time and recovery at a premier league club in the same way he would with us.

Rjk
13-06-22, 15:04
Has Ramsey been paid up yet? I expect it'll happen but he's not on a free, yet. I could definitely see Rambo coming, provided Bale joins. I expect Allen will go back to Swansea if he doesn't stay at Stoke (he's been offered a new deal).

As welshlad says, Bale could join on his terms. Same as Ramsey. I think we could get both for a few months, keep them fit and then who knows. If they play 2/3s of our games, we could be right up there and they might think of staying for the rest of the season and beyond...

yes he is all paid up

Wales-Bales
13-06-22, 15:07
as long as they would play him (which I'm sure they would)
but it took spurs quite a while to get him into the side
Mourinho didn't want him, and it was the chairman who was calling the shots as Real Madrid wanted him out. Now the ball is in Bale's court, and he can negotiate what is best for him.

Ivortheengine
13-06-22, 15:10
He won’t be coming here. It’s my belief he already knows where he’s heading and it’s not here.

Wales-Bales
13-06-22, 15:12
He's ****ed though, surprised you haven't picked up on that. He suffers with muscle tears, which are horrendous injuries to recover from, and the lateral and medial muscles never fully recover, not in an athlete. That's why he doesn't extend himself anymore, he doesn't pick the ball up in deep positions and run at the opposition, he has a little pop at it over ten yards in the final third, attempting to create an opening for a shot or cross. Basically, the way he has played has screwed him. Bale would not be afforded time and recovery at a premier league club in the same way he would with us.
The World Cup is 3 games in 8 days. If he's ****ed I'm affraid he won't be having much of an impact. Maybe just use him as a super-sub?

City123
13-06-22, 15:13
The World Cup is 3 games in 8 days. If he's ****ed I'm affraid he won't be having much of an impact.
I'd be very surprised if he plays a full 90 minutes at the World Cup

Fortunately we have a good replacement in Johnson

Wales-Bales
13-06-22, 15:17
I'd be very surprised if he plays a full 90 minutes at the World Cup

Fortunately we have a good replacement in Johnson
Maybe play Johnson against Iran in the second game, and give Bale a week to recover before the England match?

Pedro de la Rosa
13-06-22, 15:28
yes he is all paid up

Is he? I have seen a few newspaper articles saying it might happen but nothing remotely official.

Pedro de la Rosa
13-06-22, 15:28
He won’t be coming here. It’s my belief he already knows where he’s heading and it’s not here.

I think he'd have said if we weren't an option, and Dalman wouldn't have flown in.

City123
13-06-22, 15:31
Maybe play Johnson against Iran in the second game, and give Bale a week to recover before the England match?
I can see the logic in that. I think it all depends on how we do in the opener though. If we beat the US then we can go into the Iran game with less pressure on our shoulders and maybe rest Bale against Iran

Pedro de la Rosa
13-06-22, 15:37
I can see the logic in that. I think it all depends on how we do in the opener though. If we beat the US then we can go into the Iran game with less pressure on our shoulders and maybe rest Bale against Iran

Good luck telling Gareth he is dropped :hehe:

I think Bale will play 60/70 minutes in the 3. Who knows, he might be fairly fit. He played every minute in the Euros, didn't he? I think he'll probably see it as his last chance so will push himself.

binman
13-06-22, 15:38
I've been told signing on short term contract until world cup then assessing options after World Cup with MLS likely destination but possibility of staying.

He may even hang his boots up after the World Cup if his back carries on playing up

I still don't believe it though but the guy who told me does know him

Bear in mind I started the Stephen McPhail to QPR for £950k and Roger Johnson to Hull for £2.8 million rumours on here with TVB which the Echo run with when I just made it up to see if they read the cr@p posted on here - which they did.

Pedro de la Rosa
13-06-22, 15:44
I've been told signing on short term contract until world cup then assessing options after World Cup with MLS likely destination but possibility of staying.

He may even hang his boots up after the World Cup if his back carries on playing up

Bear in mind I started the Stephen McPhail to QPR for £950k and Roger Johnson to Hull for £2.8 million rumours on here with TVB which the Echo run with when I just made it up to see if they read the cr@p posted on here - which they did.

Makes sense though, the MLS season ends at the start of October, so if he wants to be fit for the WC, it makes no sense to move this summer.

Wales-Bales
13-06-22, 15:55
So we build our 2022-23 team around Bale, and then he moves to the the MSL after we spent the previous few months getting him fit. Sounds good to me :biggrin:

North Cardiff Blue
13-06-22, 15:58

If he wasn't coming here he would have announced it by now, I think they are still thrashing out the terms and agreeing to his requests, I would bet he will be here if there were any half decent odds.

North Cardiff Blue
13-06-22, 16:01
So we build our 2022-23 team around Bale, and then he moves to the the MSL after we spent the previous few months getting him fit. Sounds good to me :biggrin:

I think we will get him for one season, then see how it goes from there, as you state we will use him towards recruiting players and a style of play for when he's available along with options for when he's not.

splott parker
13-06-22, 16:42

I thought he only said he had a bad back:shrug::hehe:

Dave Blue
13-06-22, 16:50
We are the only team who will play him/rest him on demand and it would be near his family before the highlight of his international career. What’s not to love?

Tuerto
13-06-22, 16:50
The World Cup is 3 games in 8 days. If he's ****ed I'm affraid he won't be having much of an impact. Maybe just use him as a super-sub?

Doesn't work like that with Mr Bale, thing is, he possesses more vision, the ability to pick a pass, Teqhnique, and intelligence to put himself in goal scoring positions than anyone on our squad. It's a case of getting him up to scratch in terms of playing games and managing his work load in certain areas of the pitch. If we can get that right then we've got ourselves a player! He can't run anymore, or extend himself, he knows what will happen, so it's a case of getting him and the players around him right.

Tuerto
13-06-22, 16:52

That would be good management in my opinion.

blue matt
13-06-22, 17:15
Good luck telling Gareth he is dropped :hehe:

I think Bale will play 60/70 minutes in the 3. Who knows, he might be fairly fit. He played every minute in the Euros, didn't he? I think he'll probably see it as his last chance so will push himself.

I said to my daughter, we could use him for 60 mins and then take a rest,

William Treseder
13-06-22, 17:17
I have a novel idea. Why don’t we all just wait and see?

Wales-Bales
13-06-22, 17:20
I said to my daughter, we could use him for 60 mins and then take a rest,
I didn't know he did windows, 60 mins is just enough time for you to pop out for lunch :biggrin:

blue matt
13-06-22, 17:29
I didn't know he did windows, 60 mins is just enough time for you to pop out for lunch :biggrin:

fair play thats funny :thumbup::hehe:

But the jokes on you are Im doing a month of cleaning gutters, so Ha !

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
13-06-22, 17:50
If he wasn't coming here he would have announced it by now, I think they are still thrashing out the terms and agreeing to his requests, I would bet he will be here if there were any half decent odds.

...Evens is a double your money bet

The Lone Gunman
13-06-22, 18:54
yes he is all paid up

Have you imagined this?

life on mars
13-06-22, 19:06
Well if he signs we should get him ' as fit as butchers dog ' with all that running around we have expected of our forwards of the past 😉

BlueArmy 86
13-06-22, 19:13
Be gutting if it don’t happen now. He ain’t half teasing us..

Father Dougal
13-06-22, 20:27
Obviously I'm pleased hes signing for us, for pretty much free we can't turn him down. The publicity alone makes it worth it.

However im not sure i agree with the enthusiasm of his signing will make us favourites for promotion. In reality he will hardly play and when he does will be absolutely crunched by the opposition looking to make a name for themselves and put him out particularly with us having England in our group. From a wales perspective all I can see is him being injured fairly quickly in the championship and then missing the world cup.

splott parker
13-06-22, 20:35
Obviously I'm pleased hes signing for us, for pretty much free we can't turn him down. The publicity alone makes it worth it.

However im not sure i agree with the enthusiasm of his signing will make us favourites for promotion. In reality he will hardly play and when he does will be absolutely crunched by the opposition looking to make a name for themselves and put him out particularly with us having England in our group. From a wales perspective all I can see is him being injured fairly quickly in the championship and then missing the world cup.

‘Crunched’?? Football has moved on from the Ron Harris & Norman Hunter era. Bellamy coped ok as would Bale.

UNDERHILL1927
13-06-22, 20:58
‘Crunched’?? Football has moved on from the Ron Harris & Norman Hunter era. Bellamy coped ok as would Bale.

Exactly, I sometimes wonder if some on here actually watch Championship football.

splott parker
13-06-22, 21:04
Exactly, I sometimes wonder if some on here actually watch Championship football.

They must think we’re playing over Pontcanna on a Sunday morning. The Championship is a decent standard of football, if the game was still like the brutal era I’d imagine the lower sides in La Liga would be looking to bully the Real Madrid and Barcelona superstars. They never really could though because as skilful as the players are they’re also tough bastards, that’s why they’re at the top.

NYCBlue
14-06-22, 01:58
Or going to play in MLS.

MLS is happening now and is over by October 9th. You'd think he'd want to be playing through October and into November.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
14-06-22, 05:36

Where have you read that City fans reckon his signing will make us favourites for promotion? This thread, at the time of writing, is 4 pages long, I cannot find one poster saying that signing Bale would make us favourites for promotion.

What it would do, however, is put more 'bums on seats' and increase the commercial revenue of the club. It would also help attract better loan signings (what club wouldn't want their player to go and play alongside Bale and learn from him??). A player who can create time for himself, put his foot on the ball, look up and ping accurate passes.

I just couldn't envisage a team with Bale at its heart still serving up the dirge we have had over recent seasons. Bale would make things happen both on and off the pitch.

Pembroke blue
14-06-22, 05:40

Wow half empty glass ???? Your glass is running on the dregs mate ��

Harry Paget Flashman
14-06-22, 07:14
I think he'll sign.

After the Wales games he's been able to go straight home rather than back to the Vale. I think he looks like he's only now doing it for fun and enjoys the iconic status leading Wales and could get a similar ride with Cardiff.

North Cardiff Blue
14-06-22, 08:44
Where have you read that City fans reckon his signing will make us favourites for promotion? This thread, at the time of writing, is 4 pages long, I cannot find one poster saying that signing Bale would make us favourites for promotion.

What it would do, however, is put more 'bums on seats' and increase the commercial revenue of the club. It would also help attract better loan signings (what club wouldn't want their player to go and play alongside Bale and learn from him??). A player who can create time for himself, put his foot on the ball, look up and ping accurate passes.

I just couldn't envisage a team with Bale at its heart still serving up the dirge we have had over recent seasons. Bale would make things happen both on and off the pitch.

Definately not favourites for promotion far from it so far, but I think our odds of winning promotion will move from now to the start of the season, we are an unknown entity even we don't know if we will be relegated, promoted or anywhere inbetween right now?

Rjk
14-06-22, 08:49
Definately not favourites for promotion far from it so far, but I think our odds of winning promotion will move from now to the start of the season, we are an unknown entity even we don't know if we will be relegated, promoted or anywhere inbetween right now?

given the current squad I'd say we would do well to finish in the same position as last year, hopefully some signings will improve that outlook.
if we signed bale and Ramsey that obviously would make us a lot stronger, not automatic promotion candidates I don't think but perhaps in the picture for the playoffs

The Hooded Claw
14-06-22, 09:07
given the current squad I'd say we would do well to finish in the same position as last year, hopefully some signings will improve that outlook.
if we signed bale and Ramsey that obviously would make us a lot stronger, not automatic promotion candidates I don't think but perhaps in the picture for the playoffs

Well, given what we have today, you’d probably be right, but Bale or no Bale, we’re surely going to sign a stack more players! 😄

xsnaggle
14-06-22, 12:11
Well, given what we have today, you’d probably be right, but Bale or no Bale, we’re surely going to sign a stack more players! ��

Inshallah!!!!

Bald Barry Bastad
14-06-22, 16:24
Allen is a jack so he won’t come

I’m getting some paint ready to paint over Bales muriel in Whitchurch village

Either that or to add Viva Gareth Bale depending n which way it goes

Allen lives in Cardiff