ninian opinian
18-09-22, 11:58
Blimey!

City123
18-09-22, 11:59
Didn't see that coming, bloody hell!

celticknight
18-09-22, 12:00
Either a genius move or the biggest knee jerk reaction that could doom the club to League One.

Time will tell...

The Bloop
Jeez - Wasn't expecting that.

WJ99mobile
I don’t care if you was pro or anti Morrison.

That, is a utterly ridiculous call.

chris lee
18-09-22, 12:01
Blimey!

That is pissed me off,

We had done massive work, completely transformed our style and plying some really nice football at times.

Thought he was building something good here.

BlueArmy 86
18-09-22, 12:01
Ridiculous. The signs of improvement are there. I’m not happy with this.

celticknight
18-09-22, 12:03
Looking at the replies to the Tweet of the announcement not a single fan agrees with the firing.

If City don't have a replacement already lined up then it's a clown show move.

Carl Dale's Mole
18-09-22, 12:03
What in the actual ****????

JamesWales
18-09-22, 12:04
Bloody hell. Seems harsh

ccfcwelshlad
18-09-22, 12:05
I'd be very surprised if this is purely because of a football decision.

barrybloo
18-09-22, 12:06
Do you think he may have did or said something out of place to warrant this?
Seems a bit odd.

Ninja
I can only assume they have a replacement in mind.
Let's be honest, as I said yesterday, the players are not as bad as the performances and results suggest.
I think it's the right move. He's failed to utilise what he had and performances have largely been poor. A better manager will do better with this squad.

UNDERHILL1927
Massive overreaction, just shows we have no long term plan again.

Dave Blue
18-09-22, 12:07
Strange about the tweets. From yesterday’s reaction many would agree with this decision. I hope we have a good appointment lined up. He assembled a squad who will rarely turn up, let’s face it. Yes better football but it could hardly have got worse. Didn’t see this coming though I have to say.

binman
18-09-22, 12:08
Why?

We were exactly where we all probably thought we were going to be

More to this than meets the eye

Michael Morris
Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that First Team Manager Steve Morison has been relieved of his duties.

We’d like to thank Steve for his efforts during his time at Cardiff City, stabilising the first team last season and helping to evolve our squad in line with the club’s philosophy this summer. We wish him the best for the future.

Mark Hudson will oversee first team affairs at this time, assisted by Tom Ramasut, whilst the Club considers options for the position.

City123
Massive overreaction, just shows we have no long term plan again.
We knew that when he was appointed though, didn't Dalman publicly say they didn't want him to be manager?

Doucas
18-09-22, 12:11
What the ****.

He's had to sign ish 20 new players, try and change the play style, alright it hasn't clicked yet but changes this big take time to work. Terrible decision and I think this is tans worst decision since changing shirts to red.

LeningradCowboy
18-09-22, 12:12

Why do you say that?

John Buchanan
18-09-22, 12:12
Blimey, I only questioned his tactical approach. Sorry Steve.

goats
18-09-22, 12:14
Looking at the replies to the Tweet of the announcement not a single fan agrees with the firing.

If City don't have a replacement already lined up then it's a clown show move.

They are proven at clown level…..:facepalm: I’m speechless

Mr Soul '68
18-09-22, 12:14
Strange about the tweets. From yesterday’s reaction many would agree with this decision. I hope we have a good appointment lined up. He assembled a squad who will rarely turn up, let’s face it. Yes better football but it could hardly have got worse. Didn’t see this coming though I have to say.

A good appointment lined up? Knowing this club, it's James Rowberry....

theclaw
18-09-22, 12:15
Surely there is more to this.

ccfcwelshlad
18-09-22, 12:17
Why do you say that?

Just a hunch, I'm not sure that it was even on the agenda.

They backed him with Robinson a couple of weeks back.

No thank you from VT etc in the statement.

Carl Dale's Mole
18-09-22, 12:20
Has to be a bust up. Maybe some fisticuffs. Some not-so-nice words being exchanged.

Canton Kev
18-09-22, 12:20
**** sake. I really thought we’d have a few years of stability, he’s signed 17 players who fit a team and system he wants to play. Pep wouldn’t get us promoted this season so why not let him fine tune his tactics, find his best team and let him plan for the next few years.

Back to the classic “new manager every 12-18 months” strategy. How disappointing.

NYCBlue
18-09-22, 12:22
FFS!

valleys caveman
18-09-22, 12:23
I'm looking forward to hearing Morisons next interview with the press.

MacAdder
18-09-22, 12:24
Just a hunch, I'm not sure that it was even on the agenda.

They backed him with Robinson a couple of weeks back.

No thank you from VT etc in the statement.

... and if Robinson scores that pelanty.... who knows...

Agree that we do seem to have some good players but the coaching maybe not quite up to it.

Touchel or Parker? :sherlock:

blue matt
18-09-22, 12:25
Colin on his way back, didnt he say the club had asked if he would step in if needed

Cyclops
18-09-22, 12:26
NW available - and in Cardiff in the last fortnight.....

Rjk
18-09-22, 12:26
NW available - and in Cardiff in the last fortnight.....

god no

Carl Dale's Mole
18-09-22, 12:27
This is mad :hehe:

valleys caveman
18-09-22, 12:27
Hartlepool have just this minute sacked Paul Hartley. Just saying... :hide:

LA Bluebird
18-09-22, 12:28
Absolute clown show. Why let him completely remake the squad to bin him off so soon into the season.

Canton Kev
18-09-22, 12:28

Ex Millwall too

MacAdder
18-09-22, 12:29
Has to be a bust up. Maybe some fisticuffs. Some not-so-nice words being exchanged.

Wouldn't surprise me

Pearcey3
18-09-22, 12:29
Seems seriously premature. So many new players have joined and with the club playing an entirely different style of play.
Very harsh

Divine Wright
18-09-22, 12:30
Not Dyche either , please.....It's going to be Dyche isn't it.

poc
18-09-22, 12:31
even the brentford and arsenal fans are clapping:wink:

HiVis
Is it the 1st April already?

Parti Mellow
Now Mark Hudson is in charge are we going to start a 'shoot from our own half' tactic?

Ninja
18-09-22, 12:32
Seems seriously premature. So many new players have joined and with the club playing an entirely different style of play.
Very harsh

As we all know though, it's a results driven business.
I hate even using the word business when it comes to football, but that's the harsh reality.
Tan has backed him with 17 players, one whose cost approx £1.5mil, yet we're not even testing the opposition's keeper.
Something has to give if you're the owner I guess.

dandywarhol
18-09-22, 12:34
**** me. If it wasn't for the missed pen we would have had 4 out of 6 away. Who knows what's happened. Did he ask for a couple of out of contract players and was refused £1.5 million is peanuts these days. We've got no forwards, they cost big bucks.
There's a pattern. Manager kerps us up, sacked the following season.

SLUDGE FACTORY
18-09-22, 12:35
Well he's been given plenty of grief on yesterday's match thread lads !

So there we go . Decision made .

the other bob wilson
They probably saw that we lost to a team who sacked their manager in midweek and thought “well, if we can do that ten times a season” :facepalm:

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes (possibly non football related) or they’ve got someone lined up to come in (probably Warnock knowing this lot), this is the most ludicrous sacking in the club’s history I’d say.

This feels like when we implemented what Ken Choo called the Cardiff Way amid talk of changing the way we played and relying on our younger players. They ran out of patience with that and sacked the manager while appointing someone who was the complete antithesis of the new approach.

That decision had some sense to it though because we were struggling, but this is ridiculous. Steve Morison was given the chance to put together his own squad over the summer and bought completely into a new approach to the extent that, as someone who was completely in favour of a change of style, even I thought he had gone a bit too far.

Presumably, when you consider that Morison was given £1.5 million to spend on a new player on the last day of the window, the Board and owner were fully behind what Morison was doing?

This squad will not be able to go back to lumping it like we’ve been doing for nearly all of Vincent Tans time here - actually, I’ll change that to say they can try to lump it, but they’ll be absolute crap at it.

I honestly cannot believe this sacking and if they think that good quality managers won’t look at it and think that club’s not for me, the people in charge are even more out of touch than I thought they were - we’ll probably end up drawing a game somewhere along the way and so they’ll give the job to Mark Hudson.

Hilts
Shocking. Absolutely ridiculous.

What a joke of a club we are. We deserve relegation.

Divine Wright
18-09-22, 12:37
Ridiculous. The signs of improvement are there. I’m not happy with this.

.....you must have a very sensitive eye when it comes ot spotting improvement because I didn't see much..

I preferred what SM was doing compared to NW or MM but I think rather than keeping him on because of any perceived improvement I'd have kept him on because he is working on something long term and despite there only being crumbs of things to come, you have to give him time to experiment and find his feet ......the players too.

I was not in favour of Morison in the first place BUT this does not seem like a level-headed decision. It's seems a bit heat of the moment.

blue matt
18-09-22, 12:38

Fickle fans eh, who would have thought

J R Hartley
18-09-22, 12:41
**** him. Cheerio, off you pop you bullying kent. :wave:

SLUDGE FACTORY
18-09-22, 12:43

At least you have been consistent

Undercoverinwurzelland
18-09-22, 12:44
Weeks, if not months of backing McCarthy last season when we we all begging them to get rid of him, now Morison gets sacked 10 games in after allowing him to rebuild the entire squad.
We did need improvement, but this decision is unbelievable.

B. Oddie
18-09-22, 12:45
Bloody hell! Results have been shaky but I was happy with the type of football he was getting us to play.

Poor decision by the board.

Trigger
18-09-22, 12:46
Proper banter club.

You let the guy change the style while having to bring in a new squad with very little transfer budget.

One thing if we had someone lined up but you just know we haven't.

Undercoverinwurzelland
18-09-22, 12:46
Will we keep going with the aim of improving our style, or go back to a dinosaur?

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
18-09-22, 12:49
as someone has already said it's all about results. Boro first half was excellent and sadly it didn't continue.

Lord Worcester
Will we keep going with the aim of improving our style, or go back to a dinosaur?

Knowing us over recent times - a dinosaur. Inevitable. Such a strange decision. He has his faults, and he’s not the most likeable guy, but surely you have to give things more time. How many of the 17 will the new manager ‘rate’. And so here we go again……

insider
Should have gone after the Swansea debacle.
Imagine having that on your CV.
Charismaless and prickly thought he was Pep.

Lord Worcester
18-09-22, 12:52

Agree with the last bit, and the negative comments about Rubin post his wales goal always rankled with me, but just the haste of the call today is the great surprise.

The Hooded Claw
We are 3 points off 8th place.
If they have done for this purely footballing reasons, then they really are stupid.
I’m really unhappy about this because it shows that the senior managers are clueless when it comes to long term planning and I fear that we’ll be given a fix-it manager to make sure we stay in this division, reverting to hoofball.
I don’t think we’re in danger of going down, though. Realistically, this was always going to be a season of bedding in and it’s only September!
I was going to buy tickets for the Burnley match, but I’m going to hold off, because if it is hoofball manager, then I’ll hang in to my money.
Club’s a joke, mun. 😠

StraightOuttaCanton
Too soon for Bellamy?

celticknight
18-09-22, 12:55
Too soon for Bellamy?

We play Burnley next, he can have his job interview on the pitchside. :hehe:

SLUDGE FACTORY
18-09-22, 12:56
Too soon for Bellamy?

Bellamy is either up to being a manager by now or he isn't

If he wants the job and he ticks the boxes then why not

Tuerto
18-09-22, 12:58
Too soon for Bellamy?

I don't think it would be too soon, i just don't think that the club would go for him, although i have no evidence to say why they wouldn't, so who knows!

Lord Worcester
18-09-22, 12:58
Bellamy is either up to being a manager by now or he isn't

If he wants the job and he ticks the boxes then why not

Get him!

Tuerto
18-09-22, 12:59

I'm pretty happy with the decision.

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 13:00

Getting rid of him after Swansea would have made far more sense than this - an awful lot has happened since then and until an hour ago, I assumed the owner and Board were okay with it.

PontBlue
18-09-22, 13:02
This decision has almost totally united the fans. So strange. Got to be more to it. I really hope we don't end up with another hoof ball manager

Vindec
18-09-22, 13:03
I doubt if anyone saw that coming. It is a very odd decision given the manager has had to create a new team from nothing and, although the results haven't been great, at least the football hasn't been too bad. I can't remember a stranger sacking. We are fast becoming clones of Watford.

WJ99mobile
18-09-22, 13:03
Something must have happened

This is not a footballing reason surely we were making progress

SLUDGE FACTORY
18-09-22, 13:04

Well it's been made now so onwards

Tuerto
18-09-22, 13:04
Well it's been made now so onwards

Apparently so.

fugsyphil
18-09-22, 13:05
I've backed him since he took over but having a think back I reach different conclusions so I'm struggling to find much sympathy for him.
Bar a 45 minute blip at Boro, which he clearly fixed at half time, we've been totally clueless since playing Birmingham at home.
The kids coming through from last season have nearly all been discarded again and while the new style is easier on the eye I couldn't figure out what the actual plan was.
He turned us into chronic time wasters whenever we weren't losing away. We've lost every game we've gone behind in so this team lacks bottle. Also whenever given more than a few days to prepare we lost.

Citizen's Nephew
18-09-22, 13:07
The right call imo. Didn't think they had it in them to be decisive over his lack of ability showing through and the fact he was a risk this season. That doesn't mean they will get the next appointment right either but something had to be done.

I've never subscribed to the view that he was building a team, I've always felt it was like watching an episode of faking it.

I'd also add this: Rubin Colwill has gone backwards. Robert Page can't be happy with the way Morison has handled the Welsh players bearing in mind Wales are at their first WC since 1958. Compare Harris, Davies and Colwill to other Welsh players at other clubs and the way they are used.

I'm glad to see the back of him.

The Bloop
18-09-22, 13:09
If we just give a manager 9 or 10 games with a squad he's built from scratch himself, how long do they give his replacement with the same players?
Something tells me we do the know the whole story as this seems a very snap decision.

life on mars
18-09-22, 13:09

You may have a point , he doesn't suffer fools .. perhaps he was questioned by owner or board and he simply said I can't build with no fecking money or backing... done what's asked of me cleared out the overpaid dross and now ?? I need backing ..

City123
18-09-22, 13:10
The right call imo. Didn't think they had it in them to be decisive over his lack of ability showing through and the fact he was a risk this season. That doesn't mean they will get the next appointment right either but something had to be done.

I've never subscribed to the view that he was building a team, I've always felt it was like watching an episode of faking it.

I'd also add this: Rubin Colwill has gone backwards. Robert Page can't be happy with the way Morison has handled the Welsh players bearing in mind Wales are at their first WC since 1958. Compare Harris, Davies and Colwill to other Welsh players at other clubs and the way they are used.

As am I

Bombed out promising youth players, brought in a bunch of bang average journeymen and played conservative football that saw us create next to nothing. The way people are going on on Twitter you'd think we've sacked Pep!

I always got the impression it was just a matter of time with Morison, I didn't see him lasting the season and though I'm surprised he's gone this early, I'm not particularly disappointed

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 13:10
Let's be honest, as I said yesterday, the players are not as bad as the performances and results suggest.
I think it's the right move. He's failed to utilise what he had and performances have largely been poor. A better manager will do better with this squad.

Who do you think will realistically want to come here - we are a complete mind fxxk at the moment

So come on then name someone you want who will come here

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 13:11
Not Dyche either , please.....It's going to be Dyche isn't it.

Why would dyche want to come here? He is better than us

SLUDGE FACTORY
18-09-22, 13:14

Let us know if you approve when the new manager is appointed

Maurice Swan
TOBW
"this is the most ludicrous sacking in the club’s history I’d say." - would have to go along with that. Like many others I am totally speechless. Yes we can criticise his line-ups and tactics.....that's what fans do, but this is madness at such an early stage. Clearly the heirarchy are not reacting to any fan outrage - most are completely understanding of the need for patience and time, and that a complete new squad doesn't' gel overnight.
Must be one of the few sackings in history where it was not a reaction to fan outrage.
Have to think, like others, that there is more behind this.

Tuerto
Let us know if you approve when the new manager is appointed

I will, you know that already.

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 13:16
Have to think, like others, that there is more behind this.

Have to go to the other board for the inevitable tREWth

WJ99mobile
18-09-22, 13:17
As am I

Bombed out promising youth players, brought in a bunch of bang average journeymen and played conservative football that saw us create next to nothing. The way people are going on on Twitter you'd think we've sacked Pep!

I always got the impression it was just a matter of time with Morison, I didn't see him lasting the season and though I'm surprised he's gone this early, I'm not particularly disappointed

The youth hasn’t been good enough

Youth won’t automatically come good

The Bloop
18-09-22, 13:17
Brendan could be available soon

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 13:18

You don’t give the manager the nod to bring in SEVENTEEN new players, make money no one thought we had available to him to spend on transfer deadline day and implement a completely new way of playing and then sack him less than two months into the season - it’s ridiculous. The only way this decision makes any sense is if something has gone on behind the scenes or we’ve got someone who will represent a big step forward by the club poised to come in - as the second option seems pie in the sky under this lot, we’re left with number one and if it is that, the club owe it the fans to at least hint that something along those lines has taken place.

Tuerto
18-09-22, 13:19
You don’t give the manager the nod to bring in SEVENTEEN new players, make money no one thought we had available to him to spend on transfer deadline day and implement a completely new way of playing and then sack him less than two months into the season - it’s ridiculous. The only way this decision makes any sense is if something has gone on behind the scenes or we’ve got someone who will represent a big step forward by the club poised to come in - as the second option, seems pie in the sky under this lot, we’re left with number one and if it is that, the club owe it the fans to at least hint that something along those lines has taken place.

I reckon that he's chinned one of the players :hehe:

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 13:20
You don’t give the manager the nod to bring in SEVENTEEN new players, make money no one thought we had available to him to spend on transfer deadline day and implement a completely new way of playing and then sack him less than two months into the season - it’s ridiculous. The only way this decision makes any sense is if something has gone on behind the scenes or we’ve got someone who will represent a big step forward by the club poised to come in - as the second option, seems pie in the sky under this lot, we’re left with number one and if it is that, the club owe it the fans to at least hint that something along those lines has taken place.

The statement from the club says Hudson in charge while they consider their options??

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 13:22

Certainly possible I’d say - the more I think about it, the more it seems it has to be something like that.

Maurice Swan
18-09-22, 13:23
deleted....posted twice in error...

Tuerto
18-09-22, 13:24
Certainly possible I’d say - the more I think about it, the more it seems it has to be something like that.

He's volatile, almost a bit spoilt at times. I would not be surprised if there has been some inappropriate language or fisticuffs.

MacAdder
18-09-22, 13:26
Question is who will be Mark Hudson's number two, AKA our next manager

Citizen's Nephew
You don’t give the manager the nod to bring in SEVENTEEN new players, make money no one thought we had available to him to spend on transfer deadline day and implement a completely new way of playing and then sack him less than two months into the season - it’s ridiculous. The only way this decision makes any sense is if something has gone on behind the scenes or we’ve got someone who will represent a big step forward by the club poised to come in - as the second option seems pie in the sky under this lot, we’re left with number one and if it is that, the club owe it the fans to at least hint that something along those lines has taken place.

The club is a madhouse Bob. Has been for ages. They have done all of the things you've highlighted and more. They should never have appointed him in the first place. I understand the anger but it doesn't make it the wrong decision, it just highlights our club board are a f*cking joke and have been for a long time. Two promotions to the biggest league in the world blown and look where we've ended up. I think it's the board that's the problem. Morison was given a massive chance and wasn't up to the job for all kinds of reasons. That's on the board. They've done something about it at least.

LeningradCowboy

I'm slightly bemused by the reaction on here. Our results have been on a downward trajectory since we beat Birmingham and we've played well for about 45 minutes in our last four games. I'm just disappointed that we haven't also got rid of Hudson and Ramasut.

City123
18-09-22, 13:27
The youth hasn’t been good enough

Youth won’t automatically come good
They were no worse than any other players last season (often better) and have been moved out of the side. One easy example is Bagan, what has he done wrong to be behind the comedy player that is Nkonkou? Another is Denham who impressed when given opportunity, why is he now 5th choice behind another comedy player in Nelson?

He persisted with the likes of Vaulks and Pack despite knowing he wouldn't be using them even when we were safe rather than give Bowen (who had impressed) or King a real run in the team. Colwill has not had a run in the team under him despite being impressive when he's given proper opportunity. Connolly and McGuinness have both been moved on despite one looking good on loan and the other being fine in our first team. Poor players were given chances consistently ahead of promising younger players and in spite of this I'm still seeing him lauded elsewhere for bringing through the young players?

City123
18-09-22, 13:28
That only Morison is gone and not his coaching staff suggests that may be a possibility

Citizen's Nephew

It's been no secret we've joked about his 'personality' for a while so yeah, this is definitely a possibility!

MacAdder
Blimey, I only questioned his tactical approach. Sorry Steve.

WOL headlines "Buchanan gets morrison fired" :hehe:

Jokes aside, the sacking and the timing of it is facking comical, though no in the humorous sense.

tforturton
18-09-22, 13:31
I've backed him since he took over but having a think back I reach different conclusions so I'm struggling to find much sympathy for him.
Bar a 45 minute blip at Boro, which he clearly fixed at half time, we've been totally clueless since playing Birmingham at home.
The kids coming through from last season have nearly all been discarded again and while the new style is easier on the eye I couldn't figure out what the actual plan was.
He turned us into chronic time wasters whenever we weren't losing away. We've lost every game we've gone behind in so this team lacks bottle. Also whenever given more than a few days to prepare we lost.
Totally agree, and yesterday was just awful.
Whereas it has been good to see people putting a positive slant on things, we have been dreadful so far this season - with one or two very short exceptions - clueless and shapeless. Yes, he's changed the style, and yes, he's recruited a new side, but we are still very poor, can't score goals, and what's more, the youngsters aren't even getting a look-in. What must Bagan think, for example, when Nkounkou gets picked in front of him? And why change the Harris-Robinson front two, after it had worked so well?
But apart from that, he's had plenty of opportunity to show he could mould a side, and push us on, and instead, all he's shown us is that he was promoted well beyond his abilities.

J R Hartley
18-09-22, 13:32
As am I

👏 👏 👏

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 13:34
The club is a madhouse Bob. Has been for ages. They have done all of the things you've highlighted and more. They should never have appointed him in the first place. I understand the anger but it doesn't make it the wrong decision, it just highlights our club board are a f*cking joke and have been for a long time. Two promotions to the biggest league in the world blown and look where we've ended up. I think it's the board that's the problem. Morison was given a massive chance and wasn't up to the job for all kinds of reasons. That's on the board. They've done something about it at least.

It’s all about timing though and this is ludicrous. As mentioned earlier in the thread, they could have sacked Morison after the Swansea humiliation and I don’t think many would have been too upset at that. Instead, in what seems like a huge declaration of faith in him, they allow him to undertake the enormous rebuilding job that was needed this summer almost single handed, then hand him £1.5 million no one thought we had to spend on the final day of the transfer window less than three weeks ago - madness!

Tuerto
18-09-22, 13:35
I'm slightly bemused by the reaction on here. Our results have been on a downward trajectory since we beat Birmingham and we've played well for about 45 minutes in our last four games. I'm just disappointed that we haven't also got rid of Hudson and Ramasut.

Same.

Tuerto
18-09-22, 13:36
It’s all about timing though and this is ludicrous. As mentioned earlier in the thread, they could have sacked Morison after the Swansea humiliation and I don’t think many would have been too upset at that. Instead, in what seems like a huge declaration of faith in him, they allow him to undertake the enormous rebuilding job that was needed this summer almost single handed, then hand him £1.5 million no one thought we had to spend on the final day of the transfer window less than three weeks ago - madness!

Why are you surprised? :hehe:

John Buchanan
18-09-22, 13:37
WOL headlines "Buchanan gets morrison fired" :hehe:

Jokes aside, the sacking and the timing of it is facking comical, though no in the humorous sense.

Followed by "Buchanan appointed new City manager" when asked about his tactical priorities, "35 yard free kick screamers is the obvious way to the PL".

jon1959
18-09-22, 13:40
There was every chance Morison wouldn’t last the season as a young and inexperienced manager in a pressure cooker. But the timing here is crazy.

Or a response to an incident of misconduct? Or because the Board have been negotiating with a successor and all the dots have just lined up?

I’ll go with crazy.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
18-09-22, 13:40

:hehe:

Bobby Dandruff
18-09-22, 13:42
Blimey!

Seems harsh.

What are the club’s expectations at this point in time seeing as he has pretty much executed on their plans, as they state in the press release?

He clearly needed at least a bit of time.

We deserve to be told WHY he has been sacked at the very least.

Ninja
18-09-22, 13:42
Who do you think will realistically want to come here - we are a complete mind fxxk at the moment

So come on then name someone you want who will come here

Not my job to do so obviously!
If I was the owner, he'd be gone, I don't think anyone can argue that we've largely been abysmal. If you invest millions into a club, you expect better. Simple as that really.

Hilts
18-09-22, 13:43
Warnock and Pulis amongst the favourites with Skybet.

I was wondering if wed done this to get Huddersfields target which is probably Wagner but hes 25-1.

The list of those in the betting is underwhelming to say the least.

What a mess.

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 13:44
Or because the Board have been negotiating with a successor and all the dots have just lined up?

I’ll go with crazy.

If they have lined up a manager it will be the first time the club have been on the front foot for years then as it always seems to be erratic knee jerk decision making from tan and Co

Nobody's Rep
Not my job to do so obviously!
If I was the owner, he'd be gone, I don't think anyone can argue that we've largely been abysmal. If you invest millions into a club, you expect better. Simple as that really.

Nice swerve 😂😂

jeepster

I was wondering if wed done this to get Huddersfields target which is probably Wagner but hes 25-1.

What a mess.

Please no not those two.

Hilts
18-09-22, 13:45
Seems harsh.

What are the club’s expectations at this point in time seeing as he has pretty much executed on their plans, as they state in the press release?

He clearly needed at least a bit of time.

We deserve to be told WHY he has been sacked at the very least.

I agree. Either theyve someone lined up who is too good to miss out on , somethings happened we dont know about or the board are just feckin clueless. I know what my money is on.

City123

What a mess.
As a double act? Imagine the carnage, the beautiful carnage!

Dorcus

What a mess.

Colin's coming home again....HOOF!!!

City123
18-09-22, 13:46
Colin's coming home again....HOOF!!!
His kind of people

Hilts
18-09-22, 13:47
Please no not those two.

The 2 ahead of them in the betting are Nathan Jones and Sean Dyche. We arent getting either and both play direct football anyway.

LeningradCowboy
18-09-22, 13:49
There was every chance Morison wouldn’t last the season as a young and inexperienced manager in a pressure cooker. But the timing here is crazy.

Or a response to an incident of misconduct? Or because the Board have been negotiating with a successor and all the dots have just lined up?

I’ll go with crazy.

Why is the timing crazy? Our form is crap and we've got a fortnight off for the international window before playing 11 games in 6 weeks until the World Cup.

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 13:50
Maybe we have new owners coming in and they wanted their own manager 🤔🤔

Ninja
18-09-22, 13:51
Nice swerve 😂😂

In all seriousness though, I'm just a fan and I can't stomach any more of what Morison is serving up, it's absolutely dire.
To hear him then trying to justify abysmal performances by saying that we actually played well, dominate games etc etc, just makes it even harder to stomach.
Tan's clearly had enough and I can't blame him. Even Hudson would be a better option at this point, at least we might see a shot or two on target.

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 13:52
In all seriousness though, I'm just a fab and I can't stomach any more of what Morison is serving up, it's absolutely dire.
To hear him then trying to justify abysmal performances by saying that we actually played well, dominate games etc etc, just makes it even harder to stomach.
Tan's clearly had enough and I can't blame him. Even Hudson would be a better option at this point, at least we might see a shot or two on target.

I like Hudson but I don't think he is a better option and if he is the choice I think that will not take this club forward in any way

Wales-Bales
18-09-22, 13:54
Who sacked him?

dml1954

Saying that performances have been poor just isn't true. Probably spoken by someone who hasn't seen them play. There has been a big improvement in the way the team plays but results haven’t been fully reflective of this. To get rid of him now is just silly.

Citizen's Nephew
I like Hudson but I don't think he is a better option and if he is the choice I think that will not take this club forward in any way

I agree with you.

Dave Blue
Some are as obsessed with aimless passing as the Jacks. It matters not if the opposition keeper can pull up a deck chair.

fugsyphil
Hudson has sadly added nothing since arriving as coach

Ninja
18-09-22, 13:55

Not long term, but he can't be much worse in the short term.
I hope he's brought his boots!

Citizen's Nephew
18-09-22, 13:56
Not long term, but he can't be much worse in the short term.
I hope he's brought his boots!

I think he will be just as bad. Maybe not worse...but just as bad.

Ninja
18-09-22, 13:57
Saying that performances have been poor just isn't true. Probably spoken by someone who hasn't seen them play. There has been a big improvement in the way the team plays but results haven’t been fully reflective of this. To get rid of him now is just silly.

I've watched almost every match this season, albeit on TV.
We rarely trouble the opposition box!
It's been dire to watch.

Pedro de la Rosa
18-09-22, 13:58
As am I

My thoughts exactly.

I hope we are only keeping Ramusat and Hudson until the next man comes in. They’re as much to blame for the way things are going as Morison.

Hilts
18-09-22, 14:00
I wonder if Tan questioned his 1.5m investments ability after seeing that dreadful penalty and Morison has lost it.😂

dml1954
18-09-22, 14:02
I've watched almost every match this season, albeit on TV.
We rarely trouble the opposition box!
It's been dire to watch.

Thought so. And the fact that you think watching on tv gives you a full insight to what is going on is laughable as well. Even the most die hard critics of the club on here have acknowledged that the team is playing much better quality football this season and totally different to what went on before, so where that leaves you in the general scheme of things is beyond me.

poc
18-09-22, 14:02
whats happenned to etette ?

Hilts
18-09-22, 14:03
whats happenned to etette ?

Injured.

poc
Injured.

Ninja
My thoughts exactly.

I hope we are only keeping Ramusat and Hudson until the next man comes in. They’re as much to blame for the way things are going as Morison.

It's unfair to judge either Ramasut or Hudson at this point. None of us know what input they've had. Furthermore, it could well be possible that Morison has ignored their input completely and gone with his own egotistical approach, would would not surprise me one bit.

I wanted Morison to be given a chance but he's failed miserably. I'm not suggesting Hudson will be any better, but he can't be much worse surely?

Citizen's Nephew
18-09-22, 14:06
I wonder if Tan questioned his 1.5m investments ability after seeing that dreadful penalty and Morison has lost it.��

It was one of the worst, in fairness...there've been better attempts on Soccer AM.

Ninja
18-09-22, 14:08
Thought so. And the fact that you think watching on tv gives you a full insight to what is going on is laughable as well. Even the most die hard critics of the club on here have acknowledged that the team is playing much better quality football this season and totally different to what went on before, so where that leaves you in the general scheme of things is beyond me.

Watching in general for more than 30 yrs, both on TV and at the ground, and many an away ground, counts for plenty thanks.
So my 30+ years of experience requires some sort of validation from you of all people? Feck off :hehe:

tforturton
18-09-22, 14:12
Hudson has sadly added nothing since arriving as coach
I must admit, once I heard Morison say that he doesn't doesn't get involved with the coaching himself, then it was clear that the total lack of fitness, ideas, and routines must be down to his coaches. And now they're in charge?

Cyclops
18-09-22, 14:17
There is, of course another reason for SM's being dismissed that hasn't been suggested - he's been poached....
:-)

Dave Blue
18-09-22, 14:17
I must admit, once I heard Morison say that he doesn't doesn't get involved with the coaching himself, then it was clear that the total lack of fitness, ideas, and routines must be down to his coaches. And now they're in charge?

No that was a typical Morison response that it wasn’t his own fault.

NYCBlue
18-09-22, 14:18
It's unfair to judge either Ramasut or Hudson at this point. None of us know what input they've had. Furthermore, it could well be possible that Morison has ignored their input completely and gone with his own egotistical approach, would would not surprise me one bit.

I wanted Morison to be given a chance but he's failed miserably. I'm not suggesting Hudson will be any better, but he can't be much worse surely?

Failed miserably? We're inconsistent, but at times we've we've played the best football since Dave Jones. With lesser players.

Ninja
18-09-22, 14:20
Failed miserably? We're inconsistent, but at times we've we've played the best football since Dave Jones. With lesser players.

And largely failed to trouble the opposition defense or keeper.
You can't polish a turd. Although Morison likes to try.

Citizen's Nephew
18-09-22, 14:22
There is, of course another reason for SM's being dismissed that hasn't been suggested - he's been poached....
:-)

....by the Jacks! :sherlock:

Edit: They love that passing for the sake of it stuff! He'll fit in well with them.

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 14:23
There’s a few on here who seem pleased that Steve Morison has gone, but, hand on heart, how many of you were calling for his sacking on Friday?

2b2bdoo
18-09-22, 14:24
I’m disappointed to be honest, it was always going to be a tough season with a huge turn over of players and a new style of football. We have had some patches of brilliant football followed by rubbish, but inconsistency kind of expected. I know a lot of people didn’t like his arrogance or the way he spoke to the media but that didn’t both me.

I think his biggest issue in the end was trying to be to clever, to many changes trying to be clever than the opposition instead of setting us up to play. I also think not brining in more or maybe different options upfront cost us with no plan B.

Let’s hope we don’t go back got a Warnock, McCarthy type manager. I think we still have the basis of a decent squad.

A Quiet Monkfish
18-09-22, 14:26
There’s a few on here who seem pleased that Steve Morison has gone, but, hand on heart, how many of you were calling for his sacking on Friday?

Not me. I've said consistently that avoiding relegation would be an achievement. Messageboards are odd places at times ; Morison slated by many from day 1, and Rubin Colwill elevated to football-god status..

Undercoverinwurzelland
18-09-22, 14:26
Hudson's record as caretaker manager - played 4, lost 4.

Mr Soul '68
18-09-22, 14:27
They were no worse than any other players last season (often better) and have been moved out of the side. One easy example is Bagan, what has he done wrong to be behind the comedy player that is Nkonkou? Another is Denham who impressed when given opportunity, why is he now 5th choice behind another comedy player in Nelson?

He persisted with the likes of Vaulks and Pack despite knowing he wouldn't be using them even when we were safe rather than give Bowen (who had impressed) or King a real run in the team. Colwill has not had a run in the team under him despite being impressive when he's given proper opportunity. Connolly and McGuinness have both been moved on despite one looking good on loan and the other being fine in our first team. Poor players were given chances consistently ahead of promising younger players and in spite of this I'm still seeing him lauded elsewhere for bringing through the young players?

Kevin Ratcilffe made some sensible comments regarding Colwell yesterday on BBC Radio Wales. He thought that Morison should be building the club around Colwell, which I tend to agree with. Ratcliffe might be the only man that has led two teams out of the football league and into what was then the Conference, but he does know a decent player when he sees one.

Citizen's Nephew
18-09-22, 14:31

...you'll need to narrow it down to a specific Friday for me to answer that Bob! :hehe: In all seriousness, in the match thread yesterday, I wanted him gone and I think enough is enough. I don't believe in hoping things will turn out OK. I'd rather decisions made. They won't always be right and there'll always be 'what ifs?' but at least it's done.

Ninja
18-09-22, 14:33

I wasn't calling for his sacking, but I'm far from disappointed.
I've been far more disappointed and frustrated with the performances and his choice of tactics.
3 points from the Norwich game started to look like a lucky grab. The first half against Boro was a shock to us all, and we nearly blew those three points with the poor 2nd half performance.
We've largely failed to trouble the opposition in most of our games, yet we have players that can do so.
I'm not sure how much further you can allow poor performances in general to go before you hit the "You're fired" button...
It's Tan's money and he's clearly seen enough. If it was my money, I think I'd have reached the same conclusion.

Morrison set out with delusions of grandeur. 4-3-3 tiki-taka gegenpress nonsense when we never had the players to play such a system. No threat up front whatsoever. He's gone from that to hitting the panic button and not looking like he knows what he's even doing anymore, literally switching tactics and formations mid-match to chase equalisers.

We should be focusing on the downright obvious, scoring a goal and getting a lead in a match, not chasing games in clueless fashion.

Eric the Half a Bee
18-09-22, 14:36

Probably not many, but I'm not disappointed about it.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
18-09-22, 14:36
Kevin Ratcilffe made some sensible comments regarding Colwell yesterday on BBC Radio Wales. He thought that Morison should be building the club around Colwell, which I tend to agree with. Ratcliffe might be the only man that has led two teams out of the football league and into what was then the Conference, but he does know a decent player when he sees one.

True to form, Ratcliffe gets the player's name wrong.. C-O-L-W-I-L-L

goats
18-09-22, 14:39
Too soon for Bellamy?

Carcrash city won’t have anyone as clever as bellers lined up, what Russell Slade up to?

goats
18-09-22, 14:41

He’s quite a bouncy type I reckon it was a headbutt in Dalmans direction…..:hehe:

Mr Soul '68
18-09-22, 14:42
True to form, Ratcliffe gets the player's name wrong.. C-O-L-W-I-L-L

Apologies typo on my part :facepalm:

NYCBlue
18-09-22, 14:43

I'm disappointed. I liked where we were going. I was optimistic. If they don't have someone lined up: which I very much doubt they do, this is a bullshit decision.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
18-09-22, 14:45
Apologies typo on my part :facepalm:

Just having a bit of fun (insert thumbs-up smiley).

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 14:45
He’s quite a bouncy type I reckon it was a headbutt in Dalmans direction…..:hehe:
If that's the case then it was worth and long overdue - how Dalman clings onto his job amazes me as he stumbles from one disaster to another

Wales-Bales
18-09-22, 14:48
Is it too soon to mention Bellamy?

goats
18-09-22, 14:49
If that's the case then it was worth and long overdue - how Dalman clings onto his job amazes me as he stumbles from one disaster to another

For sure, he for one has cost his boss millions. Yet he stays on doing feckall

fugsyphil
18-09-22, 14:51

Oddly it was the second half of the Boro game where we've gone in at half time on an absolute high. Come two thirds of the way through the second half after he's had his say and changed a few things and we're bloody hopeless and clinging on for dear life.

Sure enough we start against Huddersfield how we'd finished at Boro leaving me thinking that the one good half was despite the manager not because of him

Citizen's Nephew
I was going to mention Flynn but I'm worried about Hilts' blood pressure!

.....only joking mate. Still, they're higher up the table than County. Just sayin' :wink::hehe:

poc
Is it too soon to mention Bellamy?

about 4 pages ago :biggrin:

Baloo
18-09-22, 14:52
I’m disappointed this has happened 10 games in. I’m not sure what people were expecting from the season but I thought it would likely be tough. He’s been allowed to rebuild the squad I think he should have been given more time to get things right.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
18-09-22, 14:54
Oddly it was the second half of the Boro game where we've gone in at half time on an absolute high. Come two thirds of the way through the second half after he's had his say and changed a few things and we're bloody hopeless and clinging on for dear life.

Sure enough we start against Huddersfield how we'd finished at Boro leaving me thinking that the one good half was despite the manager not because of him

You're probably not far off the mark.

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 14:56
Probably not many, but I'm not disappointed about it.

That’s more or less how I feel, but I still think it’s absolutely bonkers.

Pedro de la Rosa
18-09-22, 14:57

Morison has said they do most of the coaching. Which means they are directly responsible. Possibly more so than the manager. I’m glad we have reached the end of this though, Morison was deeply polarising and I really, really didn’t warm to him. He’s the thinnest skinned man in football. You’d have thought playing for Millwall he could take a bit of stick

Ninja
18-09-22, 15:01
Morison has said they do most of the coaching. Which means they are directly responsible. Possibly more so than the manager. I’m glad we have reached the end of this though, Morison was deeply polarising and I really, really didn’t warm to him. He’s the thinnest skinned man in football. You’d have thought playing for Millwall he could take a bit of stick

I think it's safe to say that taking responsibility or criticism weren't his strengths!

Rock_Flock_of_Five
18-09-22, 15:03
Scott Parker?

dandywarhol
18-09-22, 15:04
It's like a Carry on film

Pedro de la Rosa
18-09-22, 15:05
That’s more or less how I feel, but I still think it’s absolutely bonkers.
It was bonkers to give a bloke they clearly didn’t wholly trust the most important summer transfer window in years. Be interesting to know how much say he had in making the transfers as well

delmbox
18-09-22, 15:07
This screams massive argument behind the scenes, so no way have we got someone lined up

John Buchanan
18-09-22, 15:09
I’m disappointed this has happened 10 games in. I’m not sure what people were expecting from the season but I thought it would likely be tough. He’s been allowed to rebuild the squad I think he should have been given more time to get things right.
"Rebuilding the squad" can be broken into different bits.
The easy peasy bit is "getting rid of dead wood" and "cutting the wage bill"; you simply don't renew contracts or you pay people off. You don't need to be a managerial guru to do this and yet he has received a lot of praise for doing so.
The difficult bit is replacing, shaping and motivating. This will be judged on, to a lesser extent (and I am being generous here), performances but ultimately on results. To do this bit, you DO need to be a good manager and he has fallen way short. Subsequently, this and, considering his abysmal lack of anything approaching people skills, was only ever going to end one way. Better now than later in the season when things would probably be even worse.

The Hooded Claw
18-09-22, 15:13
In any large organisation, the buck stops with the CEO or Chairman.
How is it, then, that with Cardiff City, the senior management seem to be bullet-proof?
Someone else mentioned that the problem is with them and I’m inclined to agree. It’s only about a year since Dalman admitted that club doesn’t have a long term plan.
In recent months I began to think that there was a semblance of a plan with the way the club was heading, but now it looks like Dalman might’ve been right.
The problem is that most of our competitors (including that lot down West) seem to have a plan, so that’s us on the back foot without kicking a ball.
There needs to be an urgent forum with the fans, so hopefully our senior management will haul their 4rses up from London or Monaco and tell us what the heck is going on.

The Hooded Claw
18-09-22, 15:16
"The difficult bit is replacing, shaping and motivating. This will be judged on, to a lesser extent (and I am being generous here), performances but ultimately on results. To do this bit, you DO need to be a good manager and he has fallen way short. Subsequently, this and, considering his abysmal lack of anything approaching people skills, was only ever going to end one way. Better now than later in the season when things would probably be even worse.

Do you think that 10 matches is enough to come to this conclusion when we are currently 3 points off 8th place?

John Buchanan
18-09-22, 15:22
Do you think that 10 matches is enough to come to this conclusion when we are currently 3 points off 8th place?
If looking at points only, you make a very fair point. But there are a lot of other factors to take into account. Maybe it is personal and unfair bias on my part but I have never thought he has, or ever will have what it takes.

A Quiet Monkfish
18-09-22, 15:24

Christmas we would have played 22 or so games ? Even if we were adrift at the bottom still plenty of time to bring in a few new faces and change manager. I can't believe this decision was made for 'footballing' reasons. Certainly not after just 10 games.

William Treseder’s Mam
18-09-22, 15:26
I’m not gutted about it but if this was going to happen it should have happened last season before he bought in a whole squad worth of players in the summer.

Surely there’s been a bust up somewhere .

Hilts
18-09-22, 15:29
I was going to mention Flynn but I'm worried about Hilts' blood pressure!

.....only joking mate. Still, they're higher up the table than County. Just sayin' :wink::hehe:

😂😂😂

Rjk
18-09-22, 15:30
interesting times....

Morison by no means perfect, but at least some aspects of the club were starting to move in a better direction.
I do worry about who we might appoint next.

Baloo
18-09-22, 15:34
"Rebuilding the squad" can be broken into different bits.
The easy peasy bit is "getting rid of dead wood" and "cutting the wage bill"; you simply don't renew contracts or you pay people off. You don't need to be a managerial guru to do this and yet he has received a lot of praise for doing so.
The difficult bit is replacing, shaping and motivating. This will be judged on, to a lesser extent (and I am being generous here), performances but ultimately on results. To do this bit, you DO need to be a good manager and he has fallen way short. Subsequently, this and, considering his abysmal lack of anything approaching people skills, was only ever going to end one way. Better now than later in the season when things would probably be even worse.
My point wasn’t that he would definitely have turned things around but that it’s very early to be anywhere near certain either way.

LA Bluebird
18-09-22, 15:38
Whether he’s a good manager or not, and the jury is definitely still out there, letting him sign 17 players and completely reshape the squad to play a certain style and then firing him a couple weeks after the window closes is just another sign of a shockingly run club from the top down.

Moodybluebird
18-09-22, 15:41
Yes his sacking is a bit of a shock but if you look at it dispassionately you see a manager who consistently tinkers with the line-up, has no natural leaders in the team HE has put together, seems tactically inept and is more concerned with performance over results. Unlike some, his abrasiveness and arrogance didn't concern me but call it a gut feeling if you like, I don't think he was ever the man to take us forward.

Mr Soul '68
18-09-22, 15:42

But only 1 point, and with a worse goal difference, than Middlesboro who are 3rd from bottom. Do you honestly think we were ever going to reach the dizzy heights of 8th place under what you have seen this season?

goats
18-09-22, 15:42
Whether he’s a good manager or not, and the jury is definitely still out there, letting him sign 17 players and completely reshape the squad to play a certain style and then firing him a couple weeks after the window closes is just another sign of a shockingly run club from the top down.

Yep what we need more than anything is new owners….Christ someone even bought Bournemouth the other day. It’s almost like no one will ever buy us because Tan wants his 100 million that Dalman wasted back…..:hehe:

Des Parrot
18-09-22, 15:45
Sorry, I’m not gonna read 10 pages.

I’m not a Morison fan but what a totally stupid & ill thought out move. Allow him to convince 17 players to sign and then sack him after less than 10 games, what were they expecting?

Sack the board & the owner!

delmbox
18-09-22, 15:50
Sorry, I’m not gonna read 10 pages.

I’m not a Morison fan but what a totally stupid & ill thought out move. Allow him to convince 17 players to sign and then sack him after less than 10 games, what were they expecting?

Sack the board & the owner!

Somewhere within this 10 pager there’s the exact reason he got fired, including an hour by hour timeline of what happened today. Not telling you which page though

Divine Wright
18-09-22, 15:57
There needs to be an urgent forum with the fans, so hopefully our senior management will haul their 4rses up from London or Monaco and tell us what the heck is going on.

There has and never will be fan consultation.

Cowbridge Blue
18-09-22, 16:08
You may have a point , he doesn't suffer fools .. perhaps he was questioned by owner or board and he simply said I can't build with no fecking money or backing... done what's asked of me cleared out the overpaid dross and now ?? I need backing ..

Delmbox....'This screams massive argument behind the scenes, so no way have we got someone lined up'

Tuerto......I reckon that he's chinned one of the players :hehe:

The consenus appears to be that this is a really stupid by the Board given they backed him for wholesale change of players and style; less popular is that it's time he went, the signs were there since the Birmingham game or otherwise a version of the above opinions which I tend to feel is correct since there's been no obvious signs of discontent that we could see and the club's statement contains no word of thanks from Vincent Tan.

Is this all about, or the last straw... Rubin Colwill? Did the club have decent offers in the summer (turned down on manager's advice) but now he's given no game time? I guess we'll know soon enough.

Undercoverinwurzelland
18-09-22, 16:08
WOL reckon it was just because Tan was worried about getting into a relegation fight.
Also suggesting that Hudson will be given a chance to prove himself worthy of the job full time. Hope not. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reasons-cardiff-city-sacked-steve-25048877

NottinghamBlue
18-09-22, 16:09
Somewhere within this 10 pager there’s the exact reason he got fired, including an hour by hour timeline of what happened today. Not telling you which page though

It's got to be page five:hehe:

IanD
18-09-22, 16:12
Words fail. This club is a basket case, a laughing stock. At least I've saved a few £ not going to the last two away matches which has already been put to better use (flights to Portugal).

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 16:17
WOL reckon it was just because Tan was worried about getting into a relegation fight.
Also suggesting that Hudson will be given a chance to prove himself worthy of the job full time. Hope not. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reasons-cardiff-city-sacked-steve-25048877

I always think what Abbandonato says is an accurate representation of club thinking, so,
what a depressing read that is - we’ll go for the cheap option again.

Maurice Swan
18-09-22, 16:20

Cannot agree more.....

goats
18-09-22, 16:20
I always think what Abbandonato says is an accurate representation of club thinking, so,

Relegation looking far more likely then….good work Tan:facepalm:

Undercoverinwurzelland
18-09-22, 16:22
That would be depressing. They should be looking at it as an opportunity instead. Get the right man in and I really think this squad is decent enough, maybe with a couple of additions in January, to do well. Apart from Sheff Utd and Norwich everyone else is pants!

LeningradCowboy
18-09-22, 16:23

It's like déjà vu all over again.

Citizen's Nephew
18-09-22, 16:26
It's like déjà vu all over again.

What about the U23 guy? He can fill in for a bit can't he?

Tuerto
18-09-22, 16:29

Mehmet and Ken would have to find out who he is first, or maybe not..

Citizen's Nephew
18-09-22, 16:34
Mehmet and Ken would have to find out who he is first, or maybe not..

.....he's just another box in a group zoom call for those guys!

LA Bluebird
18-09-22, 16:38
The most damning thing I can see for Hudson is that he's apparently taking first team training, he's a massively experienced center back at this level and we're still giving up at least one completely free far post header from set pieces per game.

It is interesting that apparently Hudson is the one arguing for a more adventurous style. I guess we'll see, but it would be just like Tan and Dalman to give him a 2 year deal based on a new manager bounce and then see him fired within 9 months. Mad club.

rich munn
18-09-22, 16:41

My only real concern, but it was a serious one, was not the squad he's built which I think is pretty good, or his tetchiness which is fine for someone who knows what he's doing, but the fact that after basically giving up after going one down in 4 away matches he didn't seem to know why we had been so poor thereafter.

That was quite worrying. But he did 95% of the job the club asked him to do and I would have given him more time.

Onwards and upwards!

:ayatollah:

rich munn
18-09-22, 16:42
Shocking. Absolutely ridiculous.

What a joke of a club we are. We deserve relegation.

And you've done nothing but slag off the team for a few weeks!

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
18-09-22, 16:44

Our wonderful passing-by-the-door succession planning. There was an interview with the Chief Exec at Norwich who said it didn't matter how well the manager was doing they had a list of names of potential successors. I wonder if Russell Slade, Paul Trollope, Neil Warnock, Neil Harris, Mick McCarthy, Steve Morison and (inevitably) Mark Hudson ever featured on the successor lists of progressive clubs.

The surprise of this news sustained me for a couple of hours this afternoon until I realised we'd have to get someone in now.

UNDERHILL1927
18-09-22, 16:47
My main concern is that almost all of the new signings said they came as Morison sold them a dream, and a way of playing. I hope the new manager can motivate them.

Wash DC Blue
18-09-22, 16:48
Not sure what to make of that.
Been happily tiling my bathroom...then get the sacking text.

He's not very likeable, but that's not his job.
I've not really enjoyed the football this season....typically I missed the first half v Boro but caught the second.
It seemed just like Trollops.

I'm not disappointed that he's gone, guess it depends who he brings in.
I would be happy with Dyche and his disc beard.

Ninja
18-09-22, 16:50
This quote from Abbandonato sums it up really.
"Cardiff's chronic lack of creativity, and thus absence of any real goal threat, was understandably perturbing Tan behind the scenes and he wasn't seeing any real evidence of those problems being addressed."
Let's be fair, if you've pumped in millions on a regular basis, that is a serious concern.
Even as a fan, watching from the sidelines, it's a serious concern.

A Quiet Monkfish
18-09-22, 16:53
My main concern is that almost all of the new signings said they came as Morison sold them a dream, and a way of playing. I hope the new manager can motivate them.

It's bizarre. If they had a 'name' lined up, you could perhaps understand the club's thinking, but to just hand things over to Morison's No 2, doesn't make sense..

rich munn
18-09-22, 16:53
I’m disappointed to be honest, it was always going to be a tough season with a huge turn over of players and a new style of football. We have had some patches of brilliant football followed by rubbish, but inconsistency kind of expected. I know a lot of people didn’t like his arrogance or the way he spoke to the media but that didn’t both me.

I think his biggest issue in the end was trying to be to clever, to many changes trying to be clever than the opposition instead of setting us up to play. I also think not brining in more or maybe different options upfront cost us with no plan B.

Let’s hope we don’t go back got a Warnock, McCarthy type manager. I think we still have the basis of a decent squad.

:ayatollah:

Divine Wright
18-09-22, 16:54
Does anyone else get the feeling that events like these are all part of an elaborate, sustained plot to alienate the fan base in order that Tan can have his way with the club?

Rename the club the Kuala Typhoons or some shit.... I'd be in to that actually.....

....or maybe it's just a form of malaysian vengeance/torture combo for opposing his will....gradually running the club into the deepest of shits.

Moodybluebird
18-09-22, 17:02
Does anyone else get the feeling that events like these are all part of an elaborate, sustained plot to alienate the fan base in order that Tan can have his way with the club?

Rename the club the Kuala Typhoons or some shit.... I'd be in to that actually.....

....or maybe it's just a form of malaysian vengeance/torture combo for opposing his will....gradually running the club into the deepest of shits.

You sound quite paranoid. Anyhow, got to go, I think somebody's watching me 👁️👁️

Mr Soul '68
18-09-22, 17:03

Which U23 guy? Have we any U23 players capable of making the step up to manager? The Other Bob Wilson regularly watches the under 21s, he can probably tell us which player is most suited to becoming our new manager :hehe:

City123
18-09-22, 17:07
All players say that kind of stuff when they join a new club, "great manager, great fans, great stadium" etc, I wouldn't worry about it

Pedro de la Rosa
18-09-22, 17:13
All players say that kind of stuff when they join a new club, "great manager, great fans, great stadium" etc, I wouldn't worry about it

Steve Morison is also not the only manager who plays passing football. Almost every other team does. The club won’t, because we are horribly run but it shouldn’t be that hard to find a better manager that likes the ball to stay on the deck.

Pedro de la Rosa
18-09-22, 17:15

No. Morison’s side was negative and we have failed to score in 6 games this season. It isn’t good.

We have 12 games in October and November. If they didn’t act now, it might be too late. They never should have given him the job full time in the first place, that was the mental bit.

splott parker
18-09-22, 17:17
S’pose we'll have to wait for the Netflix series to find out the truth (or more fittingly Disney). A Saturday night/Sunday morning sacking and his assistants seemingly staying smacks (no pun intended) of more than a ‘results’ decision. One player/member of staff has to blow the whistle on what happened, we as members of CCMB deserve to know the sordid truth.....only us mind. Meanwhile I think all outlandish, ridiculous, even sensible reasons should be aired on here.

For what it’s worth, I’m quite indifferent to the situation, I think he was up his own arse, quick to divert blame, gave undeserved praise yet was loathe to give justified praise, as if any tributes were due to his genius whereas he just didn’t want to recognise off the cuff decent play. His downfall was thinking he was better than what he was resulting in him coming over as a bit thick when trying to overdo the intelligence. His ‘football speak’ grated on me...’We’ve got him in building’, ‘The group are in it together’ etc. Not a humble bone in his body and it looks as though it’s come back to bite him on the arse.

City123
18-09-22, 17:20
No. Morison’s side was negative and we have failed to score in 6 games this season. It isn’t good.

We have 12 games in October and November. If they didn’t act now, it might be too late. They never should have given him the job full time in the first place, that was the mental bit.
I think they've made 2 big f*ck ups regarding managers over the past few years which have set the club back massively. The first mistake was keeping Warnock on and allowing him to spend as much as he did following relegation, the second was giving McCarthy a 2 year deal. Those decisions have really limited our options and are why we ended up with Morison as manager

Grangenders
18-09-22, 17:23
It’s quite early and I think he deserved a little more time, but I’ve seen nothing from Morison to suggest he was ever likely to be a success. If we have ambitions of getting anywhere the play offs in the next few season then a change of management was always going to be required. Whether we get anyone in who is decent is another debate.

Jordi Culé
18-09-22, 17:31

You're gonna miss him really!

I'm glad he's been binned, strange decision though.

Warnock incoming.

Former Labour leader
18-09-22, 17:31
Feck me. Been out all day in the Pembrokeshire sunshine and deliberately left my phone at home.
And this happens.

J R Hartley
18-09-22, 17:35
You're gonna miss him really!

I'm glad he's been binned, strange decision though.

Warnock incoming.

Our mates blood pressure and heart rate might come down a tad now he’s gone :hehe:

olderblue
18-09-22, 17:46
Hes an imposter who has been found out, he should have been sacked after that game against the Jack's
Totally useless and out of his depth as a coach, manager or tactician, he couldn't motivate an alcoholic to drink a glass of whiskey

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 17:51
Which U23 guy? Have we any U23 players capable of making the step up to manager? The Other Bob Wilson regularly watches the under 21s, he can probably tell us which player is most suited to becoming our new manager :hehe:

Darren Purse? Matthew Bloxham?

Mr Soul '68
18-09-22, 17:55
Darren Purse? Matthew Bloxham?

Bob, I didn't realise Darren Purse was under the age of 23??

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 17:55
Steve Morison sacked – who saw that coming?

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

WJ99mobile
18-09-22, 17:56

I would love to know if it’s results or ‘something else’

Either way it’s odd

delmbox
18-09-22, 17:56
Feck me. Been out all day in the Pembrokeshire sunshine and deliberately left my phone at home.
And this happens.

Don't blame yourself mate, it could easily still have happened if you had your phone with you

2b2bdoo
18-09-22, 17:58
And this happens.

I took off from Greece and we had a manager, landed and he’s gone lol

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 17:59
Bob, I didn't realise Darren Purse was under the age of 23??

He's the "Under 23s" guy though isn't he?

the other bob wilson
18-09-22, 18:00
I would love to know if it’s results or ‘something else’

Either way it’s odd

Results if Paul Abbandonato is to be believed.

Jordi Culé
18-09-22, 18:01
Our mates blood pressure and heart rate might come down a tad now he’s gone :hehe:

Taunton Blue Genie
18-09-22, 18:02
I get back from a few days in the wild only to find that we are 6 pages in to a Morison sacking thread! I feel that I must been away for a lot longer than I was and possibly probed by aliens. And talking of aliens, the night sky down on The Lizard is unbelievablt spectacular. However back to this sacking malarkey: the shedload of ne'er-do-wells, nonentities and waistrels Morison brought in must be rather concerned. Their days of playing for Cardiff City Nil may be numbered.

TWGL1
18-09-22, 18:04
Results if Paul Abbandonato is to be believed.

I half expected him to go last night and a few on here were saying the same , as you have alluded to , I just hope they don’t go for a cheap option, which is what Huddersfield did with Schofield.

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 18:06
S’pose we'll have to wait for the Netflix series to find out the truth (or more fittingly Disney). A Saturday night/Sunday morning sacking and his assistants seemingly staying smacks (no pun intended) of more than a ‘results’ decision. One player/member of staff has to blow the whistle on what happened, we as members of CCMB deserve to know the sordid truth.....only us mind. Meanwhile I think all outlandish, ridiculous, even sensible reasons should be aired on here.

For what it’s worth, I’m quite indifferent to the situation, I think he was up his own arse, quick to divert blame, gave undeserved praise yet was loathe to give justified praise, as if any tributes were due to his genius whereas he just didn’t want to recognise off the cuff decent play. His downfall was thinking he was better than what he was resulting in him coming over as a bit thick when trying to overdo the intelligence. His ‘football speak’ grated on me...’We’ve got him in building’, ‘The group are in it together’ etc. Not a humble bone in his body and it looks as though it’s come back to bite him on the arse.

Not a fan then 😂😂

Bobby Dandruff
18-09-22, 18:07
I half expected him to go last night and a few on here were saying the same , as you have alluded to , I just hope they don’t go for a cheap option, which is what Huddersfield did with Schofield.

And we did with Harris and again with Morison!

Ninja
18-09-22, 18:08

Bob, your fingers are fast enough for the "fastest finger" on who wants to be a millionaire.
It takes me half an hour to type a couple of paragraphs, and you're writing essays :hehe:
Don't be so negative yet though, we have no idea what plans are in place.
Hopefully a plan of some sorts, hopefully...

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 18:09
I took off from Greece and we had a manager, landed and he’s gone lol

What's the process for losing a manager on a flight is it the same as luggage 😭😭

ToTaL ITK
18-09-22, 18:10
Tbh I'm not surprised. it's true to form for this tinpot club.

Bobby Dandruff
18-09-22, 18:10
The most damning thing I can see for Hudson is that he's apparently taking first team training, he's a massively experienced center back at this level and we're still giving up at least one completely free far post header from set pieces per game.

It is interesting that apparently Hudson is the one arguing for a more adventurous style. I guess we'll see, but it would be just like Tan and Dalman to give him a 2 year deal based on a new manager bounce and then see him fired within 9 months. Mad club.

They can’t be considering Hudson surely? Why not just keep Morison if that is the case!

Nobody's Rep
18-09-22, 18:16
They can’t be considering Hudson surely? Why not just keep Morison if that is the case!
It wouldn't be a surprise on past form - the club is badly run by non football people and I have no faith they will get the next appointment right

At this rate we will soon have more managers on the payroll than players with all the compo we are paying

jon1959
18-09-22, 18:24
We’re the new Watford.

splott parker
18-09-22, 18:27
Not a fan then 😂😂

I just think that he’s got a very high, unjustified, opinion of himself football wise. His, in my opinion, over thinking of things tactically is a failing. His tinkering with the line up when not necessary is (was) a thing that’s annoying, it’s as if it came off he’d tap his nose with a ‘See how clever I am at this football tactics lark’, unfortunately, for him, it very rarely, if ever, came off.

Dorcus
18-09-22, 18:31
Would be wonderful but I think wishful thinking. 😏

Undercoverinwurzelland
18-09-22, 18:34
A few bits on who's apparently not on the list, and the reasons for the sacking here https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenOWitcoop/status/1571547212273930241

Vindec
18-09-22, 18:37
Any new manager would have to select the team from the existing players with no prospect of funds in January. The tactics should be determined by the players at the new manager's disposal so any thoughts of playing hoofball will or should be out of the question as those that have been brought in are unsuitable for that kind of play. The best manager to select a team from the existing squad is Morrison and that is why the decision to sack him is bonkers.

Ninja
18-09-22, 18:47
A few bits on who's apparently not on the list, and the reasons for the sacking here https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenOWitcoop/status/1571547212273930241

Another guy who reckons he knows stuff, fails to back it up with names, and then will later tell you he knew all along
After the news breaks.

Hilts
18-09-22, 18:50
At least the in the know battles will be entertaining for the next few weeks.

Alfresco
18-09-22, 19:05
Don't like to see anyone lose their job but he should never have been given the job in the first place, completely out of his depth.