PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Swansea Are Better Than Us All Over The Pitch ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
29-10-22, 21:59
Clearly the table doesn't lie but I think our main problem is a complete lack of confidence and direction on the pitch ...rather than us not having much ability and the devil worshippers being blessed with talent

What I am basically saying is we all need to chip in and get CCFC a thorough assessment from a psychiatrist

Hilts
29-10-22, 22:06
I dont think Cabango would get in any of our sides in the last 10 years apart from this one. Thats how bad we are.

Eric the Half a Bee
29-10-22, 22:07
Clearly the table doesn't lie but I think our main problem is a complete lack of confidence and direction on the pitch ...rather than us not having much ability and the devil worshippers being blessed with talent

What I am basically saying is we all need to chip in and get CCFC a thorough assessment from a psychiatrist

Swansea have been playing the same game for years and years. Their players know what their roles are.

We've given up on the pointless and aimless long ball physical game. It'll take us time to adjust but we'll be much better off as a result.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-10-22, 09:16
Swansea have been playing the same game for years and years. Their players know what their roles are.

We've given up on the pointless and aimless long ball physical game. It'll take us time to adjust but we'll be much better off as a result.

You hope

the other bob wilson
30-10-22, 09:37
Swansea aren’t as good as we make them look.

Our defensive record is better than theirs.

Nobody's Rep
30-10-22, 09:51
Swansea aren’t as good as we make them look.

Our defensive record is better than theirs.

Totally agree - I would have love to have seen us play them with a full 11 last week.

I honestly think we are two or three players away from a half decent championship side (that's with our injured players back such as Collins Colwill and Davies)

Where we are worse is off the pitch in terms of vision, planning, clarity and bravery. I said in a different thread the owners could learn a lot in my view from the owners of Wrexham on how to manage a club from afar.

The ambivalence in our club by key senior people and the severe lack of football intelligence is what is holding us back and they are too ignorant or arrogant to see it or admit it.

The person I feel most for is Mark Hudson as he is the one fending off the questions and is acting with great dignity but a simple clear statement would solve that but I won't hold my breath as I will look like a smurf in no time

NYCBlue
30-10-22, 11:13
No.

City123
30-10-22, 11:50
I dont think Cabango would get in any of our sides in the last 10 years apart from this one. Thats how bad we are.
Who does he replace? I'd say our centre halves are pretty solid

MacAdder
30-10-22, 12:23
I don't know as I don't watch them but I strongly suspect not.

They were last week but we played into their hands going down to ten so early.

Hilts
30-10-22, 12:35
Who does he replace? I'd say our centre halves are pretty solid

Yeah fair point.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-10-22, 12:36
I think that 6 weeks ago Russell Martin was persona non grata now he's been offered a new 2 year deal ?

If we could get a playmaker in this side it might make a difference but it ain't going to make us man City

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-10-22, 12:37
No.

That's worth the internet cost

Dave Blue
30-10-22, 12:41
It’s difficult to assess Swansea. Our main look at them is when they are playing out of their skins to beat a club they are obsessed with.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-10-22, 12:51
It’s difficult to assess Swansea. Our main look at them is when they are playing out of their skins to beat a club they are obsessed with.

They clearly punch above their weight

And we clearly struggle considering the resources we have had to play with

Relatively speaking

stan butler
30-10-22, 15:18

We are a club in transition this season and in my opinion our squad with our injured players back is only three possibly four players which includes a decent striker away from being top six..

Ninja
30-10-22, 15:37
Not better than us, no, but we do lack squad depth.
A few injuries and suspensions and we're massively exposed.
We already know we're short up front, I'd say we're short in most positions still to be honest and that's my greatest concern, and why I feel Tan needs to spend if he wants success.
Take out the loan players and the situation looks a bit dire to say the least.
Kipre would be a huge loss if he had to return, we'd be back to Nelson.

We're thin in terms of squad depth, there's no doubt about that. If we were to lose Kipre, Robinson, Wintle and O'Dowda for example, all at the same time, we'd be panicking for sure.

Our strongest first team is competitive but we're thin on the ground.

life on mars
30-10-22, 19:17
Perhaps Kipre, Alsop, Wintle may make thier bench.

Ninja
30-10-22, 19:19
Perhaps Kipre, Alsop, Wintle may make thier bench.

*YAWN*... BORING!

Citizen's Nephew
30-10-22, 19:38
We are a club in transition this season and in my opinion our squad with our injured players back is only three possibly four players which includes a decent striker away from being top six..

I'm not having a go mate but I just don't get this. Our squad is one of the lamest we've had in years with zero creativity. If this squad is top 6 in The Championship and by some miracle of miracles got promoted, then football is well and truly f*cked as entertainment because the standard is just so low. Not one single player in our squad excites me.

Tuerto
30-10-22, 20:15
They're a better football club than us, they've had 10 years and more to build a philosophy and a style of play. They improve players and sell them on at a profit. If O dowda was at Swansea, then he would have looked like Maradona against us.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-10-22, 21:28
I think it's incredible really that our establishment as a championship side under previous regimes was cast aside by Swansea who had just a few years in our division before leapfrogging us into the Premier league and staying there

I don't think Swansea are particularly special but it's a damning indictment on the way this club has been run that we are where we are , massively in debt , struggling at the bottom of the division and desperately hoping an unproven novice manager keeps us from dropping to league 1

I mean wtf has been going on with CCFC

We go up to the Premier league and blow it after blowing several previous chances to get promoted

Then go up and blow it again

Then appoint and sack 3 managers in no time at all .........

This is a mickey mouse operation . But the thing is this football club has always been run like a sinking battleship .

Eric the Half a Bee
30-10-22, 22:13
I think it's incredible really that our establishment as a championship side under previous regimes was cast aside by Swansea who had just a few years in our division before leapfrogging us into the Premier league and staying there

I don't think Swansea are particularly special but it's a damning indictment on the way this club has been run that we are where we are , massively in debt , struggling at the bottom of the division and desperately hoping an unproven novice manager keeps us from dropping to league 1

We go up to the Premier league and blow it after blowing several previous chances to get promoted

This is a mickey mouse operation . But the thing is this football club has always been run like a sinking battleship .

It's simple. The board and owner have no idea how to run a football club. Never have and never will. How much has Tan spunked against the wall? How much profit have we made in transfers? How many youngsters have we sold in recent times for good money? How many have we trained and brought into the first team? It's been 40 years since we last had a manager that left us for better pastures.

The club needs a Director of Football to oversee everything. Take something like our style of play. From under 23 level to grass roots they all play a ball-on-the-floor passing game, not necessarily passing for passing's sake, but they all play the same sort of game. Until recently, the first team have employed a completely different style of play. How does that help the youngster's coming into the first team? It doesn't. A DoF would look at all the teams and encourage them all to play a similar style. Other clubs do it.

We have been far too concerned with shorttermism, quick fixes. Warnock was never a long-term solution, neither was he someone who was going to build a football club, but he did turn things around quickly, won us promotion and we were, in some ways, unlucky to have been relegated. McCarthy was another who was never going to be a long-term solution.

Morison was given the chance to build something at the club, then he got sacked. The board panic when results go poorly. Hudson won't last the season in my opinion, not that I've got anything against him at all.

I know you've advocated bringing in Warnock to make sure we stay up. Could you imagine Swansea being near the bottom and bringing in someone like Warnock or McCarthy? Of course they wouldn't. They stick to their principles on how they want to play the game.

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
30-10-22, 22:16

Is this a way to run a ****ing ballroom

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-10-22, 22:37
It's simple. The board and owner have no idea how to run a football club. Never have and never will. How much has Tan spunked against the wall? How much profit have we made in transfers? How many youngsters have we sold in recent times for good money? How many have we trained and brought into the first team? It's been 40 years since we last had a manager that left us for better pastures.

The club needs a Director of Football to oversee everything. Take something like our style of play. From under 23 level to grass roots they all play a ball-on-the-floor passing game, not necessarily passing for passing's sake, but they all play the same sort of game. Until recently, the first team have employed a completely different style of play. How does that help the youngster's coming into the first team? It doesn't. A DoF would look at all the teams and encourage them all to play a similar style. Other clubs do it.

We have been far too concerned with shorttermism, quick fixes. Warnock was never a long-term solution, neither was he someone who was going to build a football club, but he did turn things around quickly, won us promotion and we were, in some ways, unlucky to have been relegated. McCarthy was another who was never going to be a long-term solution.

Morison was given the chance to build something at the club, then he got sacked. The board panic when results go poorly. Hudson won't last the season in my opinion, not that I've got anything against him at all.

I know you've advocated bringing in Warnock to make sure we stay up. Could you imagine Swansea being near the bottom and bringing in someone like Warnock or McCarthy? Of course they wouldn't. They stick to their principles on how they want to play the game.

Morison was out of his depth and it could be argued so is Hudson

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-10-22, 22:38
Is this a way to run a ****ing ballroom

I am not going to change your sheets again mr hastings