That's a nice early Christmas present :ayatollah:

BLUETIT
01-11-22, 14:41
That's a nice early Christmas present :ayatollah:

You’ve got to be seriously joking.

Whisperer
01-11-22, 14:44
You’ve got to be seriously joking.

No Joke tit....when it's a six hour drive to Cardiff each way....Live on Sky is welcome everyday of the week.

Canton Kev
01-11-22, 14:45
I don’t mind the Boxing Day game being pushed back to 5:15. Should make for a “merry” atmosphere (if we’re not in bad form).

Midday kick off on New Years Day away to Blackburn? **** that.

19bluebirds27
01-11-22, 15:03
I don’t mind the Boxing Day game being pushed back to 5:15. Should make for a “merry” atmosphere (if we’re not in bad form).

My thoughts exactly.

BLUETIT
01-11-22, 15:09

We’ll be lucky to get 10,000, for Boxing Day, what with transport difficulties and family commitments

dml1954
01-11-22, 15:19
We’ll be lucky to get 10,000, for Boxing Day, what with transport difficulties and family commitments

Not sure why you would say that. Boxing day attendances are traditionally the best of the year and I would have thought that it was just as easy, if not easier to get to a 5.15pm kick off than morning or early afternoon.

Michael Morris
01-11-22, 15:19
Christmas Fixtures

Saturday Dec 17th Cardiff v Blackpool

Monday Dec 26th Cardiff v QPR. 5:15pm - Live on Sky

Thursday Dec 29th Coventry v Cardiff. 7:45pm

Sunday Jan 1st Blackburn v Cardiff. 12 noon - Live on Sky

w/e 8th Jan FA Cup Rd 3

MOZZER2
01-11-22, 15:23
Not sure why you would say that. Boxing day attendances are traditionally the best of the year and I would have thought that it was just as easy, if not easier to get to a 5.15pm kick off than morning or early afternoon.

agree should get a healthy contingent from london too

Canton Kev
01-11-22, 15:24

We had 19k against Birmingham for a midday kick off, live on Sky and during rail strikes.

BLUETIT
01-11-22, 15:31
We had 19k against Birmingham for a midday kick off, live on Sky and during rail strikes.

1) City inflate crowd numbers

2) Noon is not 5.15

3) At 5.15pm, I think more people would rather be home on a Boxing Day than being out in the cold

4) Is there even transport on Boxing Day ?

Canton Kev
01-11-22, 15:46
1) City inflate crowd numbers

2) Noon is not 5.15

3) At 5.15pm, I think more people would rather be home on a Boxing Day than being out in the cold

4) Is there even transport on Boxing Day ?

A 10k crowd would mean the lower bowl of the stadium is only a 1/3rd full. Even the family stand, which is easily the emptiest part of the ground, doesn't get that empty. Not even for midweek games on a school night.

We have 14k ST holders and sell about 4k additional tickets. Lets say all the factors above cut that figure to only 2k extra sales then a 10k crowd means nearly half our ST holders don't turn up.

In other years Boxing Day crowds are usually higher than normal despite the lack of transport and the cold. A 5:15 KO and on Sky will have some impact but not to the extent of a 40% smaller crowd.

BLUETIT
01-11-22, 15:51
A 10k crowd would mean the lower bowl of the stadium is only a 1/3rd full. Even the family stand, which is easily the emptiest part of the ground, doesn't get that empty. Not even for midweek games on a school night.

We have 14k ST holders and sell about 4k additional tickets. Lets say all the factors above cut that figure to only 2k extra sales then a 10k crowd means nearly half our ST holders don't turn up.

In other years Boxing Day crowds are usually higher than normal despite the lack of transport and the cold. A 5:15 KO and on Sky will have some impact but not to the extent of a 40% smaller crowd.

Well here’s 4 season ticket holders who won’t be there

I wanna be getting home at 5.15pm, not going out

MOZZER2
01-11-22, 16:00
think we will hit over 20,000+ boxing day even if we are languishing in the bottom 6
think we will take a healthy following to Coventry too
Hopefully if we can pick up a bit of form and points maybe shift a few half season tickets too .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">��️ Half Season Tickets are available to purchase now! ��<br><br>��️ Secure your seat ⬇️<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CityAsOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CityAsOne</a></p>&mdash; Cardiff City FC (@CardiffCityFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/status/1587444659969736705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Canton Kev
01-11-22, 16:01
Well here’s 4 season ticket holders who won’t be there

I wanna be getting home at 5.15pm, not going out

Enjoy your nap and a Horlick's gramps :biggrin:

BLUETIT
01-11-22, 16:10
Enjoy your nap and a Horlick's gramps :biggrin:

Family meal on Boxing Day, plus emptying a bottle of Bushmills

life on mars
01-11-22, 16:53
That's no one in the ground moment, transport will finish early , folks like an evening with family in pubs locally .. ffs

Der Kaiser
01-11-22, 16:59
think we will hit over 20,000+ boxing day even if we are languishing in the bottom 6
think we will take a healthy following to Coventry too
Hopefully if we can pick up a bit of form and points maybe shift a few half season tickets too .

Could be going to Walsall the way things are looking with Coventry's ongoing stadium situation!

splott parker
01-11-22, 17:40

5.15pm not a bad time at all. In my experience the family commitments I always miss due to an afternoon game on Boxing Day will be over and done with in plenty of time to get to the match. Early evening on Boxing Day is farting and burping on the settee for many, getting out for a few pints and the football is a marvellous alternative.

IanD
01-11-22, 17:41
Could be going to Walsall the way things are looking with Coventry's ongoing stadium situation!
...and Coventry face a points deduction which may help us out with staying up.

Hilts
01-11-22, 17:58
5.15 Boxing Day great news. Pub watch the King George and the rest of the racing then football. Great day.

12.00 up at Blackburn nightmare for those wanting to travel.

Dave Blue
01-11-22, 19:28
No problem with 5:15. Any family commitment can be undertaken in the light. Try having one less pint on Christmas Day and getting up early. Some people make me seethe.

splott parker
01-11-22, 19:35
No problem with 5:15. Any family commitment can be undertaken in the light. Try having one less pint on Christmas Day and getting up early. Some people make me seethe.

Better still, do what I do, leave the drink alone on Christmas Day, get out on Boxing Day, in the pubs, down the City, back in the pubs and get absolutely banjaxed.:hehe:

rich munn
01-11-22, 19:39

You're such a misery!

:ayatollah:

Dave Blue
01-11-22, 19:45
Better still, do what I do, leave the drink alone on Christmas Day, get out on Boxing Day, in the pubs, down the City, back in the pubs and get absolutely banjaxed.:hehe:
I’ll drink to that.

splott parker
01-11-22, 19:50
I’ll drink to that.

:thumbup::hehe: Mind you I’m still doing what I do every year, not mentioning Boxing Day football, until, say, the 23rd of December :hehe:

Robin Friday's Ghost
02-11-22, 09:06
I was looking forward to the Boxing Day game. Watch a bit of football and then back home to mid Wales to spend the evening with the family. Each to their own but I won't be going now.