PDA

View Full Version : New coach Dean Whitehead

Undercoverinwurzelland
02-11-22, 22:17
https://mobile.twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/status/1587928408339939328

Eric the Half a Bee
02-11-22, 22:22
https://mobile.twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/status/1587928408339939328

Find out who his understudy is. I want to know who will be our manager by the end of the season.

Tuerto
02-11-22, 22:26
Find out who his understudy is. I want to know who will be our manager by the end of the season.

I want to know if he can play centre back.

Stanmore Bluebird
02-11-22, 22:27
With all his premier league experience, maybe he could be our next permanent manager??

Tuerto
02-11-22, 22:29
With all his premier league experience, maybe he could be our next permanent manager??

He will be, don't worry about that.

jon1959
02-11-22, 22:30
Following his retirement, Whitehead took up a coaching role at Huddersfield Town as part of David Wagner's first-team technical staff, having earned a UEFA A coaching license, and took charge of the Club's new Under-17 Academy age group from 1 January 2019. By October, he took charge for Huddersfield Town's Under-17s side.

On 16 November 2019, Whitehead joined Sam Ricketts' backroom staff at League One side Shrewsbury Town, replacing Joe Parkinson as first-team coach. On 25 August 2020, Whitehead was promoted to assistant manager after the departure of Jon Pitts and Graham Barrow. On 25 November, Whitehead and Ricketts were relieved of their duties with the club sitting 23rd in League One with just 9 points from a possible 39.

Whitehead joined the coaching staff at League Two side Port Vale in July 2021 as part of director of football David Flitcroft's summer overhaul; manager Darrell Clarke said that Whitehead "is definitely someone our squad can look up to". Having helped Vale to win promotion at the end of the 2021–22 season, he moved to Turkey in July 2022 to coach alongside Adam Murray at Süper Lig champions Beşiktaş. He left the club when head coach Valérien Ismaël was sacked three months later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Whitehead

Worked with Hudson at Huddersfield. Home in Cheshire. Liverpool fan. Best mates with Liam Lawrence.

The Hooded Claw
02-11-22, 22:34
He hasn’t stayed long at any of these clubs and much of has been at a lower level than we are.
It doesn’t exactly shout “ambition”, but let’s see.

NYCBlue
02-11-22, 22:37
He hasn’t stayed long at any of these clubs and much of has been at a lower level than we are.
It doesn’t exactly shout “ambition”, but let’s see.

It's a coach. Who I'm sure Hudson requested. I very much doubt the committee said "how about Dean Whitehead? Have you heard of him?"

Citizen's Nephew
02-11-22, 22:48
Well....this is super exciting.....:shrug:

life on mars
02-11-22, 22:49
It's a coach. Who I'm sure Hudson requested. I very much doubt the committee said "how about Dean Whitehead? Have you heard of him?"

Think your right , there's a few candidates out there ,didn't see this one coming, all we need know is Wagner to complete the Huddersfield success story at Cardiff ..

SLUDGE FACTORY
02-11-22, 22:57
That's it then

Hudson and Whitehead till the end of the season

Come on City

The Bloop
03-11-22, 08:45
If results don't improve is it possible that we could sack Hudson and replace him with another interim manager?
Has that ever happened before?
Full of optimism me 😁

North Cardiff Blue
03-11-22, 09:00
Hudson knows and trusts him, has had plenty of league playing experience under a range of managers, hopefully it gives Hudson a bit more planning and Managing time, he's probably been very stretched over the last few weeks. Good luck to them both, if we can get Robinson playing well we should pull away from the bottom to mid table and build from there.

Trigger
03-11-22, 09:20
Fair play we go from not announcing a new manager to now announcing the next interim early.

Always on the front foot City.

Undercoverinwurzelland
03-11-22, 09:35
Fair play we go from not announcing a new manager to now announcing the next interim early.

Always on the front foot City.
Of course. Why run your club like you actually have a clue what you're doing.