PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup

Monster munch
04-11-22, 21:58
Hereford V Portsmouth this evening. Enjoyed that, not a classic but do love these old school games. The mad head fan from Pompey still going strong ringing his bell the entire game.

2b2bdoo
04-11-22, 22:02
Been to Hereford, certainly old school ground.

splott parker
04-11-22, 22:09
Hereford V Portsmouth this evening. Enjoyed that, not a classic but do love these old school games. The mad head fan from Pompey still going strong ringing his bell the entire game.

He was at it down the City earlier this season, bloody headache.

RichardM
04-11-22, 22:10
Enjoyed that. I lived in Portsmouth for three years when I did my degree and went to a lot of games at Fratton Park. My daughter now lives in Hereford, so I didn't know which to support.

[edit]
who was the co-commentator?

Majorblue
05-11-22, 09:01
I always had a soft spot for Hereford and loved Edgar Street as it is one of the most quirky grounds around.

I guess because of that tie with Newcastle and the scenes after that Radford goal Hereford have their place in FA Cup history.

Probably also hold the world record for the number of Parkas in one place.

TWGL1
05-11-22, 09:05
I always had a soft spot for Hereford and loved Edgar Street as it is one of the most quirky grounds around.

I guess because of that tie with Newcastle and the scenes after that Radford goal Hereford have their place in FA Cup history.

I visited Edgar Street this for a look around in the way to Shrewsbury for the pre season friendly

The away end has sadly been condemned , as advised by Jarred Bowens uncle ( mentioned him on the TV last night)

Baloo
05-11-22, 09:10

I went to the Hereford game last night (long story). They had a minute silence for Redford who sadly passed away this week. Proper cup tie with a great atmosphere but Portsmouth too strong.

Des Parrot
05-11-22, 10:56

My dad wore a blazer complete with embroidered Bull badge to that game. Feck knows what I wore it’s a long time ago.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
05-11-22, 11:20
I seem to recall the poor view in the away section at Edgar Street if you happened to be standing near the front. It was well below the level of the pitch and you couldn't get a proper perspective of how play was developing.

splott parker
05-11-22, 11:53
I went to the Hereford game last night (long story). They had a minute silence for Redford who sadly passed away this week. Proper cup tie with a great atmosphere but Portsmouth too strong.

Hereford one up, weren’t they? But Pompey provided ‘The Sting’ in the tail.

Taunton Blue Genie
05-11-22, 12:08
Having drawn away with Yeovil in the previous round and beaten them at home in the replay, Taunton are at MK Dons in the next round this arvo.

the other bob wilson
05-11-22, 12:36
Come on Merthyr.

Hot Shot Hamish.
05-11-22, 12:47
Come on Merthyr.

Seconded.

life on mars
05-11-22, 13:08
BBC 1 now game on South Sheilds v Forest Green .
Real footy

MacAdder
05-11-22, 13:21

If the late RR had a pound for every time that goal was shown on TV he'd have had one helluva night out in town.

the other bob wilson
05-11-22, 13:38
Surprised to see Kevin Phillips managing South Shields.

life on mars
05-11-22, 13:43
Surprised to see Kevin Phillips managing South Shields.

I thought he looked familiar..

Conor Wickham still has it ..

JamesWales
05-11-22, 13:43
Come on Merthyr.

A draw and the replay at home would be well worth going to

the other bob wilson
05-11-22, 13:45

We could do with a player like him - he was always more than a big lump up front.

Michael Morris
05-11-22, 13:55

Take a bow Connor Wickham. Unbelievable

the other bob wilson
05-11-22, 13:56

Too good for us :hehe:

Marvellous goal, South Shields were having aright go as well.

Hot Shot Hamish.

What a finish!

William Treseder
Probably the best goal we’ll see this weekend with the last kick of the game.

life on mars
05-11-22, 16:04
Wrexham v Oldham TOMMOROW midday ITV

life on mars
05-11-22, 16:05

He's only 29 ??