PDA

View Full Version : A year ago

Eric the Half a Bee
05-11-22, 22:50
Well, almost. 19 games into the season. We were 5 games into the Steve Morison era.

Our league record looked like this, compared with this season:

2021/22: P 19 W 5 D 3 L 11 F 19 A 33 GD -14 Pts 18 - pos 20
2022/23: P 19 W 7 D 3 L 9 F 15 A 21 GD -6 Pts 24 - pos 14

Last season we were 3 points from the bottom 3. This season we are 4 points from the bottom 3. This is because the Championship is far closer this season than it was after 19 games last season.

This season 12 points separate 4th from 23rd and only 4 points separate 13th from 23rd. Huddersfield are bottom with 15 points.

Last season 21 points separated 4th from 23rd and 13 points separated 13th from 23rd. Derby were bottom after a massive points deduction. Both Peterborough and Barnsley had worse records than Huddersfield have this season.

At the top Fulham were 9 points clear of 3rd. Burnley are currently 3 points clear of 3rd. It's clear that it's going to be a much tighter division this season than it was last season, where Fulham walked it and the bottom 3 were gone with ages to spare.

Looking at our own record in comparison with last season, the only negative is the number of goals we've scored this season. Defensively we're much more solid. There was a clown on Call Rob earlier who claimed we had the second worst defensive record in the division. In fact, only 8 sides have conceded fewer than us this season. We have our achilles heel from set pieces and crosses but are generally tough to break down in open play.

Today mark's Mark Hudson's 9th game in charge. Here's a meaningless look at our league results from the first 9 games in charge of our managers since Dave Jones:

D Jones 9 3 3 3 11 12 -1 12
Mackay 9 4 4 1 12 8 4 16
Solskjaer 9 2 1 6 7 18 -11 7
Slade 9 5 2 2 11 8 3 17
Trollope 9 2 2 5 8 15 -7 8
Warnock 9 3 3 3 11 12 -1 12
Harris 9 4 4 1 14 11 3 16
McCarthy 9 6 3 0 18 6 12 21
Morison 9 3 2 4 13 16 -3 11
Hudson 9 4 1 4 8 10 -2 13

Hudson is 5th on that list. I don't think that's too bad at all.

Hilts
05-11-22, 22:57
Goals scored is a pretty big negative though seeing behind winning thats next in what we want to see our team do.

Thats the entertainment.

Eric the Half a Bee
05-11-22, 23:02
Goals scored is a pretty big negative though seeing behind winning thats next in what we want to see our team do.

Thats the entertainment.

We conceded nearly 2 goals a game in Morison's first 9 games. Can't say there's much entertaining about that.

UNDERHILL1927
06-11-22, 08:03
Thanks again for the facts Eric. Sort out goal scoring out, keep Kipre and we’ve got the bones of a good squad.

ccfcwelshlad
06-11-22, 08:49
Hudson is 5th on that list. I don't think that's too bad at all.

I think he's doing a good job. Hes had a fair bit of adversity in those 9 games too, which I suspect others haven't had to same extent. 2 early red cards, some shocking referee decisions that were followed up by apologies/being over-turned. Even trying to bounce back from the Derby defeat can't have been easy.

I think we are playing some decent stuff. Yesterday was as enjoyable a half I've seen for a while and I think Robinson would've had at least a couple in the first half. Theres been improvement in individual players too, Philogene/Ralls have really impressed me last few games.

As a club we treated Hudson like shit as a player when he was kicked out last minute by OGS. Dissapointing some of the venom towards him last few weeks from fans. Hopefully, we can pick up another win out of our next 2, which should cement is in the middle of the table before the WC break, sort out whatever we are doing with his contract and then move forward.

For all the talk of Morisons PowerPoints, I understand that Hudson is held in really good asteem and was a driving source in a number of our loan signings. Hopefully he can pick up a few more!

TWGL1
06-11-22, 09:50
I think he's doing a good job. Hes had a fair bit of adversity in those 9 games too, which I suspect others haven't had to same extent. 2 early red cards, some shocking referee decisions that were followed up by apologies/being over-turned. Even trying to bounce back from the Derby defeat can't have been easy.

I think we are playing some decent stuff. Yesterday was as enjoyable a half I've seen for a while and I think Robinson would've had at least a couple in the first half. Theres been improvement in individual players too, Philogene/Ralls have really impressed me last few games.

As a club we treated Hudson like shit as a player when he was kicked out last minute by OGS. Dissapointing some of the venom towards him last few weeks from fans. Hopefully, we can pick up another win out of our next 2, which should cement is in the middle of the table before the WC break, sort out whatever we are doing with his contract and then move forward.

For all the talk of Morisons PowerPoints, I understand that Hudson is held in really good asteem and was a driving source in a number of our loan signings. Hopefully he can pick up a few more!

Hudson was apparently the clubs “eyes and ears” prior to him being manager.

Anybody know what happened at Huddersfield away at half time :popcorn: