PDA

View Full Version : Saints sack Hasenhüttl and have approached Luton for Nathan Jones

Michael Morris
07-11-22, 13:26
Luton Town Football Club can confirm that permission has been granted to Southampton to speak to Nathan Jones about their managerial vacancy following the Hatters’ match at Stoke City.

We would like to place on record that the Premier League club have approached the board in the correct manner, for which we are grateful, and that the whole situation is extremely amicable with Southampton and with Nathan.

We would also like to urge all supporters travelling to Stoke to show him and the team your support on what we hope will be yet another memorable away day.

As a club we will not be making any further comment until the process is complete.

Rjk
07-11-22, 13:36
can we make a move for Hasenhuttl?

the other bob wilson
07-11-22, 14:09
It didn’t end well last time he went to a club that plays in red and white stripes.

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 14:10
can we make a move for Hasenhuttl?

We should have been the ones officially speaking to Nathan Jones months ago. What a joke we are at times.

Rjk
07-11-22, 14:17
We should have been the ones officially speaking to Nathan Jones months ago. What a joke we are at times.

not convinced by Jones, has done a tremendous job at Luton but he's very direct and we are trying to get away from that

North Cardiff Blue
07-11-22, 14:19

We should have, he looks the perfect fit for us, Southampton are no mug's they have a good set up and make good good sensible footbal decisions.

Vindec
07-11-22, 14:26
Wasn't Haselhuttl's first match as Southampton's manager against us? We won. Nathan Jones has been successful at Luton but a disaster at Stoke. I doubt whether he would be a perfect fit for us.

sneggyblubird
07-11-22, 14:27
I dare say there'll be a hefty compo package involved, enough to scare our board shitless.

19bluebirds27
07-11-22, 14:40
Wasn't Haselhuttl's first match as Southampton's manager against us? We won. Nathan Jones has been successful at Luton but a disaster at Stoke. I doubt whether he would be a perfect fit for us.

Correct - he was dubbed the Klopp of the Alpes.
Callum Patterson late winner.

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 14:44
not convinced by Jones, has done a tremendous job at Luton but he's very direct and we are trying to get away from that

He does speak his mind and is no shrinking violet I'll give you that!

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 14:46
I dare say there'll be a hefty compo package involved, enough to scare our board shitless.

It doesn't take much....anyway, we've lawyers to pay.

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 14:49
We should have, he looks the perfect fit for us, Southampton are no mug's they have a good set up and make good good sensible footbal decisions.

They've been close a few times to dropping out of the PL but they are more proactive than we are or ever have been and I agree, they've a good set up done there. I'd love to have seen us go for Jones.

Pedro de la Rosa
07-11-22, 15:20
Southampton's DoF is Matt Crocker, formerly of Cardiff City. I'm surprised he's not given the job to Hasenhuttl's u21 coach or the assistant manager? Strange he doesn't think that is the best option given his background :hehe:

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 15:28
Southampton's DoF is Matt Crocker, formerly of Cardiff City. I'm surprised he's not given the job to Hasenhuttl's u21 coach or the assistant manager? Strange he doesn't think that is the best option given his background :hehe:

Poignant, topical and snarky. My favourite combo! :hehe: :thumbup:

North Cardiff Blue
07-11-22, 15:53

Crocker is good, it's a pity we couldn't have kept him, he knows his stuff.

TWGL1
07-11-22, 15:55
It didn’t end well last time he went to a club that plays in red and white stripes.

Do you think if he fails (I hope he doesn’t) Luton will take him back ?

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 16:22

It is bloody mad though isn't it that Crocker is DoF at Southampton and we've got...well...?

Tan's been a stubborn arse over the years for all his money and financial support.

olderblue
07-11-22, 17:28
It is bloody mad though isn't it that Crocker is DoF at Southampton and we've got...well...?

Tan's been a stubborn arse over the years for all his money and financial support.

Weve had much better options, David Brent (Harris)
Mad Mick the dinosaur and Steve poundland Pep Morison.
Nathan Jones wouldn't have fitted in here at all with our hierarchy
We would have won games, United the fan base and got us challenging at the top

We dont wont any of that nonsense here

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-11-22, 17:37
I would have loved Jones and his direct football

But he's sure to be more interested in Southampton , a genuine top flight club who will give him financial backing than us ......who half the time behave like a basket case .

All academic now , Hudson and his wing man have the prize so there we go .

Harry Paget Flashman
07-11-22, 17:57

We don't have a pot to piss in.

We won't be getting a first rate manager or paying compo anytime soon.

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 18:01
Weve had much better options, David Brent (Harris)
Mad Mick the dinosaur and Steve poundland Pep Morison.
Nathan Jones wouldn't have fitted in here at all with our hierarchy
We would have won games, United the fan base and got us challenging at the top

We dont wont any of that nonsense here

Sorry guv...you're right. I was like one of those Looney Tunes characters imagining a roasted chicken there for a moment.

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 18:02

Thanks for the reality check. That's cheered me up no end!

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-11-22, 18:10
Thanks for the reality check. That's cheered me up no end!

He's right though

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 18:13
He's right though

I know. Don't rub it in! :hehe:

Rjk
07-11-22, 18:26

compo? we aren't even paying foggy or clegg!

Tuerto
07-11-22, 18:35

Crocker and Jones were both Apprentices at the club at the same time, in fact, jonah played outside Crocker on the left. Jonah could play, Crocker was shit.

Des Parrot
07-11-22, 18:51
My son's mate started at Villa, went to Bristol City and ended up at Southamptons academy based at the University of Bath. He said it was a non contest, Southampton were light years ahead of the other two.

Tuerto
07-11-22, 18:55
My son's mate started at Villa, went to Bristol City and ended up at Southamptons academy based at the University of Bath. He said it was a non contest, Southampton were light years ahead of the other two.

They have been for for 30 years.

NottinghamBlue
07-11-22, 19:13

IIRC, he's got a five or six year contract.

Trigger
07-11-22, 19:38

We probably did but they rejected our offer of a Berjaya HQ tour and Max Watters on loan.

Their loss.

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 20:23
We probably did but they rejected our offer of a Berjaya HQ tour and Max Watters on loan.

Their loss.

We’ve never been good at haggling at City!

2b2bdoo
07-11-22, 22:21
Interesting choice, not sure he’s up to it but a great chance.

Eric the Half a Bee
07-11-22, 22:41

It was. It pissed down.

I wasn't there. I was gloryholing a music stand with a snowman's nose that afternoon (honestly).

Madassa
07-11-22, 23:10
It was. It pissed down.

I wasn't there. I was gloryholing a music stand with a snowman's nose that afternoon (honestly).

We did the double over them that season I think. if I recall correctly Ken came on and scored a ''screamer' at St Mary's - actually he mishit it and it tricked over the line. I don't know how they stayed up that season; they were pants.

splott parker
08-11-22, 06:35
We did the double over them that season I think. if I recall correctly Ken came on and scored a ''screamer' at St Mary's - actually he mishit it and it tricked over the line. I don't know how they stayed up that season; they were pants.

With him mouthing “I’m back” to us fans behind the goal.......unfortunately he wasn’t back.

blue matt
08-11-22, 08:28

its a great setup at Bath's STV, massive numbers though, I used to watch them train once a week ( only so many netball drills you can watch ) , its a great earner for Southampton

jon1959
08-11-22, 13:17
Neil Critchley and Mark Bonner (the Cambridge Utd one) favourites for the Luton job if Nathan Jones goes to Southampton.

Gnojek
08-11-22, 16:04
With him mouthing “I’m back” to us fans behind the goal.......unfortunately he wasn’t back.

Maybe he was saying "I'm cack"?

Ivortheengine
08-11-22, 16:54
If Jones goes to Southampton, they are going down for sure. No experience of the “ big time” , and players who are clearly not good enough right now. If I was Ward- Prowse , I’d be out of there as soon as I could.