PDA

View Full Version : Message board meet ups.

UNDERHILL1927
07-11-22, 17:50
Have there ever been any in the past? I know a few on here in “real life” I know Mike by sight, Mr L Gunman and Blue Lewj (yes he’s a real person) but has there ever been a meet up?

blue lewj
07-11-22, 17:51
Have there ever been any in the past? I know a few on here in “real life” I know Mike by sight, Mr L Gunman and Blue Lewj (yes he’s a real person) but has there ever been a meet up?

If we did one these days it would be like the Royal Rumble.

UNDERHILL1927
07-11-22, 17:54
If we did one these days it would be like the Royal Rumble.
Ha ha don’t give Mike ideas, he’ll start selling tickets

blue lewj
07-11-22, 17:58
Ha ha don’t give Mike ideas, he’ll start selling tickets

Or if I was in charge the Royal Grumble. 😂

Rjk
07-11-22, 18:01
in beddau?

Wales-Bales
07-11-22, 18:13
If we did one these days it would be like the Royal Rumble.More like Mad Max.

Tuerto
07-11-22, 18:26
More like Mad Max.

You'd have to introduce yourself at least 6 times :hehe:

Citizen's Nephew
07-11-22, 18:28

:hehe:

the other bob wilson
07-11-22, 18:29
There were some in the noughties in the Landsdowne.

MOZZER2
07-11-22, 18:32

aye thats correct and the heady days of Sam Hammam when the select few off here got the nod to meet up with him to be wine and dined

won't mention any names :hehe:

TWGL1
07-11-22, 18:32

Tuerto
07-11-22, 18:36
aye thats correct and the heady days of Sam Hammam when the select few off here got the nod to meet up with him to be wine and dined

Go on Mozz, we could do with a bit of aggro.

Des Parrot
07-11-22, 19:03
Went to the Lansdowne but still waiting for my invite from Sam

Ninja
07-11-22, 19:05

Ice-cream-gate, brings back memories does that :hehe:

Ninja
07-11-22, 19:07

Speaking of the Lansdowne, I was there with family a while back for a Sunday lunch...
The lunch was awful and it's like a church hall in there nowadays. Not sure if it's being run by students but it's taken a right nose-dive. It's a shame, good pub back in the day.

Wales-Bales
07-11-22, 19:26
You'd have to introduce yourself at least 6 times :hehe:At least I will be surrounded by a group of friends!

Sunnysideup
07-11-22, 19:33
I really do think that in this uncertain time Underhill1927 is on to something
Bottom line we all support the same club!!
Who would be in favour of a Messageboard Christmas Party?
I’m sure with The Bosses involvement and a word in Tan’s ear we may even get a free bar out of it 🍻🎄 😆

The Bloop
07-11-22, 19:38
I remember going to one pre match meet up years ago. Think i met Arfur, TVB and possibly Gabbs amongst others.

Pearcey3
07-11-22, 19:56
Met Tim (Lawnmower) at Sophia Gardens a few years back and briefly chatted with Squashed Grapes on one occasion

Sunnysideup
07-11-22, 20:03
If we asked him nicely and on the promise of a few young ladies sitting on his lap I’m sure we could persuade Sludge to be Santa 🎅

19bluebirds27
07-11-22, 20:38
Easy way to sort this - get down to the CCS tomorrow evening. Support the boys and make some noise.
Simple’s.

UNDERHILL1927
07-11-22, 20:39
Easy way to sort this - get down to the CCS tomorrow evening. Support the boys and make some noise.
Simple’s.

Ill be wearing a red carnation (to please our leader Vincent). Most likely to be found by the burger van or the coffee cart.

City123
07-11-22, 20:55
Ill be wearing a red carnation (to please our leader Vincent). Most likely to be found by the burger van or the coffee cart.
I've bought some special nipple-high trousers in honour of our Vinny

UNDERHILL1927
07-11-22, 21:08
I've bought some special nipple-high trousers in honour of our Vinny

That’s dedication for you

2b2bdoo
07-11-22, 22:19
I remember we did on the old official message board many many years ago. Got to meet quite a few from the other board when Carl used to run away coaches.

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-11-22, 22:22
I remember we did on the old official message board many many years ago. Got to meet quite a few from the other board when Carl used to run away coaches.

Where's he gone ?

Tuerto
07-11-22, 22:23

Whatever happened to Carl? Is he still posting on the 'Other' board?

2b2bdoo
07-11-22, 22:28
No idea, don’t look at the other board anymore.

Tuerto
07-11-22, 22:30
No idea, don’t look at the other board anymore.

Could you just pop over and let us know?

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-11-22, 22:36
Could you just pop over and let us know?

He used to stand under the ninian park gates which were moved to the other side of sloper rd

With his brother

Neath boys

lardy
07-11-22, 22:48

So true :hehe:

Taunton Blue Genie
07-11-22, 23:17
I remember going to one pre match meet up years ago. Think i met Arfur, TVB and possibly Gabbs amongst others.

I thought I met you on that occasion but I could be wrong. Met Arfur for the first and only time.

Michael Morris
08-11-22, 02:42
We had a couple of ‘offiical’ MB meet ups. I’ll sort the pics later.

Probably 15 years ago. Maybe more.

AfricanBluebird
08-11-22, 05:50
Used to be easier to bump into people from this messageboard before we got to the championship as the crowds were much smaller. Used to bump into Mike in the Canton Cross many years ago.

The Bloop
08-11-22, 05:55
I thought I met you on that occasion but I could be wrong. Met Arfur for the first and only time.

You are correct sir. Did you have a TBG pin badge?
I knew I'd met you as I had a copy of a newspaper you were looking for, but couldn't remember if I'd met you before aswell. Apologies.

Stanmore Bluebird
08-11-22, 07:43

That is where I normally go before Saturday home games.

TWGL1
08-11-22, 07:46

I’ve met a few from the other board and i think it was interesting. Most people are great when you meet them tbh.

I’d be up for it

Jordi Culé
08-11-22, 07:54
I'm giving you a heads up here.

JR Hartley is actually worse up close and in reality.

Like a rabid pug.

bigjoe
08-11-22, 09:21
I knew I'd met you as I had a copy of a newspaper you were looking for, but couldn't remember if I'd met you before aswell. Apologies.
One of you was Chalkie White?

the other bob wilson
08-11-22, 09:48
We had a couple of ‘offiical’ MB meet ups. I’ll sort the pics later.

Probably 15 years ago. Maybe more.

One of them was before this game. Things went downhill after the meet up - a dismal game in the rain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4819692.stm

Organ Morgan.
08-11-22, 11:10
There were regular Christmas parties years back. They always descended into mass brawls. Moggis would act as peacemaker to restore order. Which was ironic as he would always start the aggro by putting the welly into someone.

Initially each occasion was a friendly affair, then grog took its toll as the pro and anti-Hammam factions baited each other.

The centrepiece of those gatherings was awarding CCMB's Poster of the Year crown. Bobsy Wilson would win that in a canter every time by garnering 80% of the nominations. It went to his head somewhat. He would swan into the venue wearing a tuxedo while holding a gold pen poised in one hand ready to sign autographs.

Taunton Blue Genie
08-11-22, 12:24

Yes, I wore a badge. It was very confusing as no-one else was identifiable though.

Everyone should adorn themselves with something that projects their CCMB nomenclature, methinks.

jon1959
08-11-22, 12:48
Yes, I wore a badge. It was very confusing as no-one else was identifiable though.

Everyone should adorn themselves with something that projects their CCMB nomenclature, methinks.

All that tin foil could get confusing!

BLUETIT
08-11-22, 12:52
Do the multi’s bring 8 mannequins with them ?

Taunton Blue Genie
08-11-22, 13:12

You would probably recognise Organ Maudling as he would be badgering people in the pub garden.

splott parker
08-11-22, 13:15

Are you serious? I’d have to lug Jessie with me (for those who know what Jessie is).

Splott-light...
08-11-22, 14:59
Are you serious? I’d have to lug Jessie with me (for those who know what Jessie is).

well of course.

i've spent a lot of time with the regular ccmb posters over the years, many on the TIT trips, Jimmy, olderblue, splott parker, Delmbox etc etc.. went on many awayday jaunts with Cardiff-Cal and Arfur Europe who shares the same bad taste in humour

I had the brief pleasure of TBG 👀

and soulsurfer

and..

and..

there have been lots.

HiVis
08-11-22, 15:06
try grindr, it'll probably be more up your alley

Splott-light...
08-11-22, 15:12
try grindr, it'll probably be more up your alley

that's a really edgy take bigman, a couple of gents suggest a ccmb meet-up and this is deemed 100% evidence of homosexual tendencies, nice one.

good that.

what a guy.

UNDERHILL1927
08-11-22, 15:34
There were regular Christmas parties years back. They always descended into mass brawls. Moggis would act as peacemaker to restore order. Which was ironic as he would always start the aggro by putting the welly into someone.

Initially each occasion was a friendly affair, then grog took its toll as the pro and anti-Hammam factions baited each other.

The centrepiece of those gatherings was awarding CCMB's Poster of the Year crown. Bobsy Wilson would win that in a canter every time by garnering 80% of the nominations. It went to his head somewhat. He would swan into the venue wearing a tuxedo while holding a gold pen poised in one hand ready to sign autographs.

Mr Morris does strike me as the “put the boot in” type.

life on mars
08-11-22, 16:27
I've got a Panini sticker book with everyone in there I am now adding home locations , boozers they frequent and if they sit in the stadium , nearly there , guess what I found some don't even go the ground .

Taunton Blue Genie
08-11-22, 16:29
well of course.

i've spent a lot of time with the regular ccmb posters over the years, many on the TIT trips, Jimmy, olderblue, splott parker, Delmbox etc etc.. went on many awayday jaunts with Cardiff-Cal and Arfur Europe who shares the same bad taste in humour

I had the brief pleasure of TBG ��

and soulsurfer

and..

and..

there have been lots.

It was very fleeting indeed. Our eyes met, I think something tangible passed between us and you then hastily skulked off into the afternoon post-haste. It was a bit like Brief Encounter without the cuppa.

life on mars
08-11-22, 16:29
You would probably recognise Organ Maudling as he would be badgering people in the pub garden.

is that like dogging

Tuerto
08-11-22, 16:30
I've got a Panini sticker book with everyone in there I am now adding home locations , boozers they frequent and if they sit in the stadium , nearly there , guess what I found some don't even go the ground .

if anyone else posted this i'd think that they were joking...

TWGL1
08-11-22, 16:58

Tin foil, they would run out if stock in Western Europe if everyone turned up :hehe:

Rock_Flock_of_Five
08-11-22, 17:12

...and all that without mentioning Sludge?

Bobby Dandruff
08-11-22, 17:13

There was at least one in the past and even some photos.....

Bobby Dandruff
08-11-22, 17:17
There was at least one in the past and even some photos.....

Blimey - I have found some!

the other bob wilson
08-11-22, 17:35

Just wondering how many on here have ever worn a tuxedo?

The Bloop
08-11-22, 17:39

A couple of times, both for weddings.
One was white - hated it.

Hilts
08-11-22, 17:41

The tory boys?

J R Hartley
09-11-22, 11:04
I'm giving you a heads up here.

JR Hartley is actually worse up close and in reality.

Like a rabid pug.

I object

HiVis
09-11-22, 13:33
that's a really edgy take bigman, a couple of gents suggest a ccmb meet-up and this is deemed 100% evidence of homosexual tendencies, nice one.

good that.

what a guy.

I'm taking from this I misread the OPs intentions.

Jokes on me obviously

Eric the Half a Bee
09-11-22, 15:26
One of them was before this game. Things went downhill after the meet up - a dismal game in the rain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4819692.stm

Indeed. We won 1 point from the final 6 games. One of the better end of season run-ins under Dave Jones! :hehe:

olderblue
09-11-22, 20:35
Indeed. We won 1 point from the final 6 games. One of the better end of season run-ins under Dave Jones! :hehe:

If you could meet 5 other people you've never met from the MB at Christmas time for a drink, who would it be?
Mine would be
Tuerto
JR Hartley
Des Parrot
RJK
DML

The first four, because I think you could have a good conversation about the City and Football in general

The last one, because I'd buy him a beer for being the best WUM on here, or for being the best genuine poster
Either way I'd buy him a pint

Who would be on your list?

Tuerto
09-11-22, 20:51
If you could meet 5 other people you've never met from the MB at Christmas time for a drink, who would it be?
Mine would be
Tuerto
JR Hartley
Des Parrot
RJK
DML

The first four, because I think you could have a good conversation about the City and Football in general

The last one, because I'd buy him a beer for being the best WUM on here, or for being the best genuine poster
Either way I'd buy him a pint

Who would be on your list?

Thank you! Your posts on Morison had me in bits, i loved them. I agreed with you,and your style, no nonsense, straight to the point was really good and very funny. Well played :thumbup:

olderblue
09-11-22, 21:11
It wouldn't bother me if you disagreed with anything I said, as you'd put a constructive case for why you think something should happen, which is great for debate
Football is all about opinions my lads rarely agree with me and that's all part of the match day experience, who would you pick to start, and the chat in the pub afterwards
Ref Morison he was a fraud and wont ever get a top job again, obviously imho

Jordi Culé
09-11-22, 21:34
I object

on what grounds?

Harry Paget Flashman
10-11-22, 08:01
Meet ups should only be one to one and in Beddau.

xsnaggle
10-11-22, 08:33
Meet ups should only be one to one and in Beddau.

I went to Beddau to see one of these meet ups and no one turned up! :shrug: :getscoat: