PDA

View Full Version : Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

blue lewj
14-11-22, 11:49
Whether that be a Director of Football, a prominent board member or a Chairman who has been there and done it?

splott parker
14-11-22, 13:23
You need a poll for this:facepalm:

blue lewj
14-11-22, 13:29
Some seem completely fine with what we have in place here at the club. Just wanted to see how many on here actually feel the current people in charge are the ones to take us forward.

There must be a few.

J R Hartley
14-11-22, 13:31
You need a poll for this:facepalm:

Hes just trying to get in the Guiness Book of Records for the amount of times he can start a thread asking the same question but in slightly different ways.

blue lewj
14-11-22, 13:37
Hes just trying to get in the Guiness Book of Records for the amount of times he can start a thread asking the same question but in slightly different ways.

You still about?

Thought you'd gone into hiding when somebody asked for proof of Morison's bullying that you don't have.

2b2bdoo
14-11-22, 13:38
Just get a manager in, that would do it.

blue lewj
14-11-22, 13:39
Just get a manager in, that would do it.

Yeah worked wonders roughly 8 out of the last 9 times.

Warnock aside, they've been dire. Malky was only partly picked by Tan as part of a consortium headed by somebody else.

The Bloop
14-11-22, 13:43
The only person he's listened too in 10 years was his mum, so maybe if we organised a march and chanted
'What do we want?'
'A Director of Football'
'When do we want one?'
'Now'
Then Mrs Tan might have a word with him.

North Cardiff Blue
14-11-22, 14:10

Warnock aside, they've been dire. Malky was only partly picked by Tan as part of a consortium headed by somebody else.

Compare Swansea's list of Managers to ours and you can see exactly where we went wrong. It's not too late, move Hudson to coach and appoint a proper Manager and see where that gets you at the end of next season.

Back them sensibly then sell the club the season we go up, in 2024 or 2025, with the right plan it would be easy to sell on and recoup some of the money.

North Cardiff Blue
14-11-22, 14:16
It's so obvious, would he appoint Warnock to run his retail business in Malaysia, no because he knows fac all about retail.

blue lewj
14-11-22, 14:20
Compare Swansea's list of Managers to ours and you can see exactly where we went wrong. It's not too late, move Hudson to coach and appoint a proper Manager and see where that gets you at the end of next season.

Back them sensibly then sell the club the season we go up, in 2024 or 2025, with the right plan it would be easy to sell on and recoup some of the money.

There has to be some idea of what they want to achieve on the pitch though. An ethos and culture that is obvious and understood from owner down to the squad player on the training ground.

Our owner wants promotion and tells us he has a plan.
I'd love to start seeing some evidence of it, I really would.

I agree in appointing a proper manager. I wouldn't put Slade, Ole, Harris, Morison or Hudson anywhere near deserving of that tag though. We've more chance of somebody of that ilk than a proper manager. Mainly because we won't pay for a decent manager and any self respecting manager with any ambition would not come here.

blue lewj
14-11-22, 14:22
It's so obvious, would he appoint Warnock to run his retail business in Malaysia, no because he knows fac all about retail.

Would he balls.

In fact you'd need your head checking for buying any business and employing anybody but somebody with experience in that field. It is madness.

blue lewj
14-11-22, 14:23
Just noticed the poll result has changed.

DML is voting even if he has gone quiet of late.

2b2bdoo
14-11-22, 15:02

Ok a good manager then. Other than Warnock I don’t think many have been impressed by any of the other appointments.

Even if you got a “footballing” chairman the owner is always going to want to have there say, it’s there money of course they will.

J R Hartley
14-11-22, 16:01
You still about?

Thought you'd gone into hiding when somebody asked for proof of Morison's bullying that you don't have.

I thought you went into hiding and said you were never going to post again? Remember that?

“When I say I’m going to do something, I mean it”

Evidently not.

Canton Kev
14-11-22, 16:08
Some seem completely fine with what we have in place here at the club. Just wanted to see how many on here actually feel the current people in charge are the ones to take us forward.

There must be a few.

You’re putting words in mouths. I don’t think there is anyone who is “completely fine” with how things are going.
Some, myself included, are cautious that an ownership change or a huge shakeup of the hierarchy might not be the simple solution to all our problems.

However, should we employ someone with more football experience? Yes. Obviously.

stan butler
14-11-22, 17:02
Whether that be a Director of Football, a prominent board member or a Chairman who has been there and done it?

Bore off.
Multi who bent over for ice creams and didn't give a hoot for the club back then.
You and your bashers elsewhere sold out for a 99

blue lewj
14-11-22, 18:08
I thought you went into hiding and said you were never going to post again? Remember that?

“When I say I’m going to do something, I mean it”

Evidently not.

:hehe:

So you haven't got proof of Morison bullying then?

blue lewj
14-11-22, 18:08
Bore off.
Multi who bent over for ice creams and didn't give a hoot for the club back then.
You and your bashers elsewhere sold out for a 99

Tan apologist rears his head again adding nothing to the thread.

life on mars
14-11-22, 18:23
An overwelming majoirty say yes out of 14 fans only 2 say no ,incredible response

blue lewj
14-11-22, 18:24
An overwelming majoirty say yes out of 14 fans only 2 say no ,incredible response

I'm seriously worried about the two if I am honest.

jon1959
14-11-22, 18:32

I'm seriously worried about the two if I am honest.

I don't think anyone would disagree with the poll 'question'.

It is a daft poll - there can only be one answer.

I suspect the two who voted 'no' (not me) did so as a comment on the poll (in a spoilt ballot way) not because they are life-long admirers of the Board's ability to spot a good left back or because they agree that the goalkeeper doesn't shoot enough!

life on mars
14-11-22, 18:55
Of course better knowledge at the club would be welcomed one could argue Warnock was one of those as the man has had an impressive record .

With knowledge though has to come a desire by an individual to see the City flourish sadly I can't think of any past Cardiff folk that would fit that bill , and as you look up and down the Championship could we list anyone who can bring the " more football experience" to the club, of course the Premiership holds some fine coaches & Mgr's , however they ain't coming here, why would they ??

Nobody's Rep
14-11-22, 18:56

So who would you appoint as manager and what would their salary be and what do you define as a sensible budget to back them with

Nobody's Rep
14-11-22, 18:59
I don't think anyone would disagree with the poll 'question'.

It is a daft poll - there can only be one answer.

I suspect the two who voted 'no' (not me) did so as a comment on the poll (in a spoilt ballot way) not because they are life-long admirers of the Board's ability to spot a good left back or because they agree that the goalkeeper doesn't shoot enough!

Totally agree

I'm not sure I have seen many if any back the current board structure in terms of its football knowledge but there is a difference between wanting someone in the club with football knowledge at board level and wanting tan gone _ as he said in the interview last week he doesn't see many people rocking up to but the club

superfeathers
14-11-22, 19:12
Yes, of course we definitely need someone in a DOF type role but if it was to ever happen under Tan I still don’t think he’d relinquish enough control so it’d be pointless
Just another role we can’t fill with anyone competent like the managers one

ToTaL ITK
14-11-22, 19:28
what we need is a few more Del boy types. Pig shit ignorant about football but when it comes to business they are chancers and all will be cushty.

Dorcus
14-11-22, 22:06
Totally agree

I'm not sure I have seen many if any back the current board structure in terms of its football knowledge but there is a difference between wanting someone in the club with football knowledge at board level and wanting tan gone _ as he said in the interview last week he doesn't see many people rocking up to but the club

I think what Tan meant was he doesn't see many people offering him the money he wants. I dare say most people aren't that dim.

tforturton
15-11-22, 19:01
I've been watching 'Welcome to Wrexham' recently, and was mightily impressed with the way they went about recruiting their backroom staff. They appointed Shaun Harvey as advisor to the Board (ex Leeds, Bradford and Football League Chief Exec). Then he advised them on who to recruit as Chief Exec (for Wrexham), and then as their new manager. Okay, they have money to spend, but you can't tell me they have more than Vincent Tan.
We need someone like that. I'm not saying we poach Harvey (might be an idea, mind), but we need someone with good footballing knowledge who can advise the owners on all aspects of the club. The problem is, I think there's an element of trust involved here, and I'm not sure Tan trusts anyone outside his little circle of friends.

blue lewj
15-11-22, 21:39
I've been watching 'Welcome to Wrexham' recently, and was mightily impressed with the way they went about recruiting their backroom staff. They appointed Shaun Harvey as advisor to the Board (ex Leeds, Bradford and Football League Chief Exec). Then he advised them on who to recruit as Chief Exec (for Wrexham), and then as their new manager. Okay, they have money to spend, but you can't tell me they have more than Vincent Tan.
We need someone like that. I'm not saying we poach Harvey (might be an idea, mind), but we need someone with good footballing knowledge who can advise the owners on all aspects of the club. The problem is, I think there's an element of trust involved here, and I'm not sure Tan trusts anyone outside his little circle of friends.

We need exactly that. Experienced football people making sensible and sound football decisions.

For that to happen Tan needs to admit he isn't the man to make the footballing decisions at our club. Sadly, I'm not sure he is going to step aside and let others make decisions any time soon.