PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hudson given the job until the end of the season. Confirmed.

Michael Morris
14-11-22, 16:35
Statement this afternoon.

Michael Morris
14-11-22, 16:37
We’re pleased to confirm that following an interim spell in charge, Mark Hudson has been appointed Cardiff City First Team Manager on a contract until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Having spent five years with the Bluebirds as Club Captain between 2009 and 2014, Mark returned to our coaching staff in November 2021. He took interim charge of first-team affairs ahead of a 1-1 draw with League leaders Burnley on October 1st, picking up a further 12 points by virtue of wins against Blackburn Rovers, Wigan Athletic, Rotherham United and Sunderland.

Speaking to cardiffcityfc.co.uk, Mark said of his appointment: “I’d like to take the opportunity of thanking Tan Sri Vincent and the Board for putting their faith in me and my backroom team. I’d also like to thank the City fans for their support, as passionate and committed as I always remembered them being during my time as a player.

“It’s an honour to be back here as Manager and I’ll be doing my utmost to take this Club forward, as I always have.”

Tom Ramasut will continue in his post as Assistant Manager, alongside newly appointed First Team Coach Dean Whitehead and Goalkeeping Coach, Graham Stack.

We’d like to wish Mark and his staff the very best of luck!

Mark’s first game in charge following his appointment will be at Cardiff City Stadium for the Peter Whittingham Memorial Match against Aston Villa on November 30th (Buy your tickets here). The Bluebirds will return to League action after the World Cup hiatus on December 10th with a visit to Stoke City.

BLUETIT
14-11-22, 16:39
Welcome to division 1

North Cardiff Blue
14-11-22, 16:43
Statement this afternoon.

Stupid decision, when there are lots of Managers available we hand it to a YTS apprentice manager again, Tan's plan must be to achieve the lowest price possible what an idiot!

North Cardiff Blue
14-11-22, 16:44
Welcome to division 1

The first 11 players should have enough to finish mid-table, but results show you could well be right.

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
14-11-22, 16:52
Based on recent performances Wrexham would batter us right now. There is nothing to give any hope that we are not going to plummet, which is bonkers. As said before nice bloke but no football coach. So frustrating to see the club played with like this. :furious:

Canton Kev
14-11-22, 16:57
Hudson’s record so far:
P11 W4 D1 L5
GF10 GA13

13 points from 33 or 1.18ppg

2 of those losses were with 10 men from the 6th and 14th minute. QPR would’ve battered us regardless I think but the Jacks game could’ve been a different story if Robbo didn’t lose his head.

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-11-22, 17:01
I hope Hudson , the coaching staff and the players pull us through this very concerning period of form .

Something has to change because at the moment I agree with many others that we are hurtling towards relegation or at least a season long battle with it .

I believe that unless we boost the squad with 5 or 6 new faces in the new year we will be going down .

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
14-11-22, 17:12
I hope Hudson , the coaching staff and the players pull us through this very concerning period of form .

Something has to change because at the moment I agree with many others that we are hurtling towards relegation or at least a season long battle with it .

I believe that unless we boost the squad with 5 or 6 new faces in the new year we will be going down .

I've seen several live games of late and there are players who frankly look lost on the pitch and clueless as to what's going on. Our defence is feeble and this ought to be an area Hudson could better address. We all know the players and every time they get picked you wonder why because it's clearly not on footballing ability.

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-11-22, 17:14
I've seen several live games of late and there are players who frankly look lost on the pitch and clueless as to what's going on. Our defence is feeble and this ought to be an area Hudson could better address. We all know the players and every time they get picked you wonder why because it's clearly not on footballing ability.

So have I and I agree 👍

2b2bdoo
14-11-22, 18:07
Such a strange appointment.

Here’s a prediction. Sacked once the transfer window closes in Jan

Stanmore Bluebird
14-11-22, 18:10
So have I and I agree ��

Agreed, but the City could and should have beaten Hull and Sheffield Utd over the 90 minutes. Get shot of Neils and the results will surely improve very soon.

Dorcus
14-11-22, 22:51
Agreed, but the City could and should have beaten Hull and Sheffield Utd over the 90 minutes. Get shot of Neils and the results will surely improve very soon.

I think there's a fair few problems apart from Neil's. Ojo is a case in point.

Eric the Half a Bee
14-11-22, 23:35
Bollocks.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-11-22, 00:44
Bollocks.

Not the news you wanted ?

J R Hartley
15-11-22, 08:24
Good luck Skipper :ayatollah:

A Quiet Monkfish
15-11-22, 08:58

If we are relegated to league 1 it will be as hard to compete there as we're finding it now. The bottom 9 or 10 Championship clubs could swap places with the top 7 or 8 in league 1, and I doubt there would be much difference. We would certainly struggle to be in the top 6

Trigger
15-11-22, 09:20
Good luck Mark, was a good player for us but wrong club at the wrong time.

A low cost gamble by tan who along with the board continue to plod along with no clue.

Tan has already said he'll be gone with bad form, whilst that's often a given its unusual for the owner to mention it. He will be the sacrificial lamb soon enough and it won't cost the club much.

Who knows who they will turn to then, probably another older head close to retirement. Rinse and repeat until Tan and we run out of luck and are relegated.

Club's a shambles throughout.

On Hudson I firmly believe you should be starting your managerial career down the pyramid and working up. Some, like certain players have something special and can go straight in higher up, most need to progress.

Citizen's Nephew
15-11-22, 09:37
Good luck Skipper :ayatollah:

I think that's all we can say tbh and I don't even believe in luck! But yeah, all the best gaffer :ayatollah:

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-11-22, 10:20
If we are relegated to league 1 it will be as hard to compete there as we're finding it now. The bottom 9 or 10 Championship clubs could swap places with the top 7 or 8 in league 1, and I doubt there would be much difference. We would certainly struggle to be in the top 6

We could do a Portsmouth and get stuck

WJ99mobile
15-11-22, 13:18
Why is every manager a 'suck it and see' appointment with absolutely no plan or direction behind it?

Tuerto
15-11-22, 15:31
Why is every manager a 'suck it and see' appointment with absolutely no plan or direction behind it?

ole-We need a young continental manager with fresh ideas....

Slade-That's it, enough is enough! we need an old head, sensible, cut costs, get rid of the mercenaries..

Trollope- Love how Wales play, maybe we could play like them as well?........

Warnock-Ah, **** this, we need a character, someone larger than life, forget tactics and style, stack 'em high....

Harris-What we have always needed, a diplomat in the managerial chair, young, thoughtful, progtrssive,,,

Mad Mick-What were we thinking? get that Warnock flavour back again, up and at 'em, we need results.....

Morison-This is what we have needed all along! young, progressive, understands the value of youth, straight talking in ab articulate car salesman kind of way....

Hudson-We all like Mark, He's nice...

Citizen's Nephew
15-11-22, 15:34

Slade-That's it, enough is enough! we need an old head, sensible, cut costs, get rid of the mercenaries..

Warnock-Ah, **** this, we need a character, someone larger than life, forget tactics and style, stack 'em high....

Harris-What we have always needed, a diplomat in the managerial chair, young, thoughtful, progtrssive,,,

Mad Mick-What were we thinking? get that Warnock flavour back again, up and at 'em, we need results.....

Morison-This is what we have needed all along! young, progressive, understands the value of youth, straight talking in ab articulate car salesman kind of way....

Brilliant! 🤙🏆

Pedro de la Rosa
15-11-22, 16:21

With the exception of Ole (the first one), and Warnock they all do have one thing in common. They're cheap.

We have a squad of 27-30 players. Imagine if we didn't sign dross like Simpson and Sawyers and added their wages to get a good manager?

In fairness to Tan, he's put his money in but he's spent it appallingly. Even when we've tried to stay up on the cheap, we've wasted millions :hehe:

Eric the Half a Bee
15-11-22, 22:19
Not the news you wanted ?

The news is hardly overwhelming, though it is entirely expected.

I've nothing against Hudson, a City legend and great for us in his day. I have no doubt Hudson will give this his all for the club and I wish him the best.

For me it's about the message it sends from the owner and the board. It says that they are happy to give the rest of the season to a manager who took over a side just above the relegation zone and, 11 games later, is still just above the relegation zone. It is saying they're happy with that. They're happy with survival and see what happens in the summer. Tan recently came out with some bollocks about finishing in the playoffs, like a geriatric uncle that nobody believes any more. Someone should have checked to see if he was licking the windows of the plane on the way over.

Since we were relegated from the Premier League, City fans have had little to get excited about. Yes, we managed a great run during lock down to reach the playoffs, before the tradition of being woeful at home in the playoffs. We've spunked millions on players that turned out to be duds. Managers haven't been great and we see to enjoy paying them off and replacing them regularly when things go wrong.

Any notion of a return to the top division is utterly laughable at the moment. It would be good to hear of a plan to come from our board/owner, not some hope that we might make the playoffs. Appointing Hudson suggests we're going through the motions.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-11-22, 23:48
The news is hardly overwhelming, though it is entirely expected.

I've nothing against Hudson, a City legend and great for us in his day. I have no doubt Hudson will give this his all for the club and I wish him the best.

For me it's about the message it sends from the owner and the board. It says that they are happy to give the rest of the season to a manager who took over a side just above the relegation zone and, 11 games later, is still just above the relegation zone. It is saying they're happy with that. They're happy with survival and see what happens in the summer. Tan recently came out with some bollocks about finishing in the playoffs, like a geriatric uncle that nobody believes any more. Someone should have checked to see if he was licking the windows of the plane on the way over.

Since we were relegated from the Premier League, City fans have had little to get excited about. Yes, we managed a great run during lock down to reach the playoffs, before the tradition of being woeful at home in the playoffs. We've spunked millions on players that turned out to be duds. Managers haven't been great and we see to enjoy paying them off and replacing them regularly when things go wrong.

Any notion of a return to the top division is utterly laughable at the moment. It would be good to hear of a plan to come from our board/owner, not some hope that we might make the playoffs. Appointing Hudson suggests we're going through the motions.

I don't see the point of thinking anything is going to change with regard to the way the clubs run

It's shambolic at times but there is absolutely nothing that can be done

I would assume tan has seen the social media opinion of how things are and if he has then he's clearly not going to be steering things in a different direction 🤔

Unless someone else steps in , we are turkeys in a shop

the other bob wilson
16-11-22, 06:17

Says it all really. It's hard to argue against the thinking behind each appointment as set out by you as well. So, bearing all of that in mind, perhaps one of the constants on the transfer committee could tell us what the "plan" has been over the past ten years?

WJ99mobile
16-11-22, 08:10
Says it all really. It's hard to argue against the thinking behind each appointment as set out by you as well. So, bearing all of that in mind, perhaps one of the constants on the transfer committee could tell us what the "plan" has been over the past ten years?

A lot of football is luck and to be fair the transfer committee did acknowledge that we were going to struggle without a proper striker hence paying £1.5m in a market where no one was spending

However the board (Choo, Dalman) does nothing for long periods and then completely knee jerk, see how it goes then goes again

Football isn’t easy but the fact we all know Hudson won’t be here this time next year is testament to being totally directionless

BLUETIT
16-11-22, 09:38
All we can hope for, is Wales do really well at the World Cup and some rich arsehole says “I’ll have a bit of that” :hehe::hehe: