Cleve van Leef
16-11-22, 16:57
No games in Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63650914

jon1959
16-11-22, 17:08
No games in Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63650914

That article is supposed to name the 14 stadium long list - that would be reduced to a final 10 stadia for the 2023 UEFA submission.

But I can only see 13 stadiums named. Surely the missing one is in Cardiff?

blue lewj
16-11-22, 17:21
It is.

jon1959
16-11-22, 17:31
It is.

:thumbup:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-national-stadium-wales-officially-25529652

blue lewj
16-11-22, 17:34
I'd fancy our chances of keeping our place.

Can see one of the Manchester grounds getting sacked off, one of the London ones and Stadium of Light and one other probably. Think they'll want to keep it as UK wide as possible.

Canton Kev
16-11-22, 17:52

Can see one of the Manchester grounds getting sacked off, one of the London ones and Stadium of Light and one other probably. Think they'll want to keep it as UK wide as possible.

Hahaha good one.

It'll be 6 English stadiums and 1 in each of the other 4 nations as a token gesture. The final is absolutely going to be at Wembley, UEFA delegates might as well have personal car parking spaces there with the amount they use it. Most of the QF and SF games will be in England too.

Sunnysideup
16-11-22, 18:08
Wow I thought I was looking to far ahead to Euro 2024 in Germany 🇩🇪
My neighbour is German and he’s lived here over 20 years
Great fella
He’s a season ticket holder down the City and loves his football
When Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in the Semifinals of the 2014 World Cup we booked flights to Germany at Half Time.
Watching Germany win the World Cup in Germany was an experience I’ll never forget as long as I live.
We’re planning on doing a month in an RV all over Germany in 2024
Hopefully Wales make it
The RV will be decked out like the minivan in the Italian Job lol 😂

blue lewj
16-11-22, 19:22
Hahaha good one.

It'll be 6 English stadiums and 1 in each of the other 4 nations as a token gesture. The final is absolutely going to be at Wembley, UEFA delegates might as well have personal car parking spaces there with the amount they use it. Most of the QF and SF games will be in England too.

So only one non English stadium dropped off the list then?
As I said keeping it as UK wide as possible.

The latter stages would always see English bias.

Canton Kev
16-11-22, 19:32
So only one non English stadium dropped off the list then?
As I said keeping it as UK wide as possible.

The latter stages would always see English bias.

It's a joint bid and from 4 countries there's only 5 stadiums selected. The most they could drop is 1 non English stadium unless they had a host nation that wasn't hosting anything. It'll almost certainly be Croke Park dropped since it's a Gaelic football stadium which is played on a much bigger pitch and it's also not very modern. The cynic in me reckons they only included Croke Park to avoid people complaining they only chose 1 stadium from each of the other countries.

It's not a a joint bid, it's and England + others bid.

OurManFlint II
16-11-22, 21:43
It's a joint bid and from 4 countries there's only 5 stadiums selected. The most they could drop is 1 non English stadium unless they had a host nation that wasn't hosting anything. It'll almost certainly be Croke Park dropped since it's a Gaelic football stadium which is played on a much bigger pitch and it's also not very modern. The cynic in me reckons they only included Croke Park to avoid people complaining they only chose 1 stadium from each of the other countries.

It's not a a joint bid, it's and England + others bid.

it says they'll submit 10 stadiums

The five football associations have to submit a final list of 10 stadiums to Uefa in April 2023.

Rontomuk
17-11-22, 09:31

And if chosen the Principality Stadium will be renamed The Cardiff National Stadium to comply with UEFA rules

Canton Kev
17-11-22, 10:23

Yeah. So 6 from England, 1 from each of the other nations.

RichardM
17-11-22, 10:23

The list I saw only had one stadium in Manchester, the other was listed as being in Trafford.

chris lee
17-11-22, 10:33

Well to be fair, we only really have the Mill Stadium to offer?

Sure CCS could be included, but even I as a Cardiff fan wouldn't expect a game to be played there.

I cant see how you can moan about us only being given 1 venue, when the fact is we only have 1 venue suitable.

chrisp_1927
17-11-22, 11:01

Which works out quite fair considering their share of population and the amount of big stadiums in England. Don't really understand the rant

The Bloop
17-11-22, 11:18
No problem for me with the allocation of games and locations, but not sure if other countries would too happy with 5 teams automatically qualifying?
Maybe though it's a chance to bring back the Home Internationals.

OurManFlint II
17-11-22, 12:17

Sorry i was confused by your comment "It's a joint bid and from 4 countries there's only 5 stadiums selected"...but i think we both understand :thumbup:

Canton Kev
17-11-22, 13:09
Which works out quite fair considering their share of population and the amount of big stadiums in England. Don't really understand the rant

England has the capabilities of hosting large scale events and regularly does. Joint bids should be done to give smaller nations the opportunity to experience and host large events.
England has plenty of experience in that regards. I don’t mind England being on the bid but the other 4 nations very rarely get the opportunity to host such an event and now when the opportunity arises we’re being given the absolutely bare minimum.

Scotland has 4 applicable stadiums, Wales 2 and if GAA stadiums are acceptable the 2 Irelands have 5 or 6 between them. Give England 2 or 3 stadiums and have the final and semi finals at the Millennium or Aviva.

Taunton Blue Genie
17-11-22, 14:20
Wow I thought I was looking to far ahead to Euro 2024 in Germany ����
My neighbour is German and he’s lived here over 20 years
Great fella
He’s a season ticket holder down the City and loves his football
When Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in the Semifinals of the 2014 World Cup we booked flights to Germany at Half Time.
Watching Germany win the World Cup in Germany was an experience I’ll never forget as long as I live.
We’re planning on doing a month in an RV all over Germany in 2024
Hopefully Wales make it
The RV will be decked out like the minivan in the Italian Job lol ��

If my modest and old campervan can get through two more MoT's without breaking the bank I'll be there too and using campsites - and taking advantage of the discounts available for those in receipt of the German state pension!

Yours,
TBG,
Auckland,
New Zealand.

cityhammer
17-11-22, 22:07
And if chosen the Principality Stadium will be renamed The Cardiff National Stadium to comply with UEFA rules

It won't be the Principality in 2028 anyway.