PDA

View Full Version : Isaak Davies and other City news..

the other bob wilson
09-12-22, 07:02
If he comes through tomorrow's under 21 game at Wolves okay, Isaak will be ready for first team consideration. Ebou Adams has had a minor operation and is expected to be available for selection in January. Jaden Philogene will not be available for tomorrow, but should be okay for the Blackpool match, Sean Morrison needs a few ninety minute games for the under 21s to reach full fitness and then there'll be conversations about a new contract for him (the impression given was that the club very much want to keep him) and Ollie Denham is training again following his injury. Mark McGuinness' loan at Sheffield Wednesday is going as City hoped it would and there are no plans to sell him - he's "our player".

Info from Mark Hudson's press conference yesterday.

Rjk
09-12-22, 08:43
lots of positives there

OurManFlint II
09-12-22, 09:46
Don't see the harm in keeping Morrison around, especially in a relegation fight. They'll come a time when "getting it launched" and attacking set plays will be our only escape option. Happy for Davies, must be frustrating to miss so much football. 3 loan players in January and think we'll be okay (just). However, i maintain that Hudson will be sacked soon after the window closes.

Pedro de la Rosa
09-12-22, 09:52
Don't see the harm in keeping Morrison around, especially in a relegation fight. They'll come a time when "getting it launched" and attacking set plays will be our only escape option. Happy for Davies, must be frustrating to miss so much football. 3 loan players in January and think we'll be okay (just). However, i maintain that Hudson will be sacked soon after the window closes.

Morrison was one of the best CBs in the league a few years ago. If he’s fit, we could use him. He could be a big help in the dressing room too. If we sack Hudson in Feb, it makes no sense, so we will probably do it.

WJ99mobile
09-12-22, 09:56
Morrison was one of the best CBs in the league a few years ago. If he’s fit, we could use him. He could be a big help in the dressing room too. If we sack Hudson in Feb, it makes no sense, so we will probably do it.

Can he make a last ditch tackle from the dressing room? I don't see why we need to keep players for the purpose of being a good influence

His pace was already unfortably slow before his injury and has been out god knows how long since that.

He may be fit but not sure we have the time to allow him to get to match fit and playing at even 70%

Citizen's Nephew
09-12-22, 09:57

I feel it in my bones. We have form.

splott parker
09-12-22, 10:10

What was frustrating for Davies was he had a good chance of making the World Cup squad I reckon, if he’d have continued his good form prior to the injury. He’d have been more worthy of a place than some who were selected.

the other bob wilson
09-12-22, 10:15
Can he make a last ditch tackle from the dressing room? I don't see why we need to keep players for the purpose of being a good influence

His pace was already unfortably slow before his injury and has been out god knows how long since that.

He may be fit but not sure we have the time to allow him to get to match fit and playing at even 70%

Based on his performance for the under 21s last Saturday, Morrison has a way to go yet before he could be considered for the first team. Denham shouldn't be forgotten about either.

Cleve van Leef
09-12-22, 14:51
Gabrielle Biancheri anyone? Seems to be hot property.

the other bob wilson
09-12-22, 15:46
Gabrielle Biancheri anyone? Seems to be hot property.

A long way off first team consideration I’d say - he’s only just broken into the under 21 squad.

Cleve van Leef
09-12-22, 16:02
A long way off first team consideration I’d say - he’s only just broken into the under 21 squad.
Only 16 I know, but apparently being monitored by a few Clubs.

the other bob wilson
09-12-22, 16:19
Only 16 I know, but apparently being monitored by a few Clubs.

We lost a lad who had played for the under 21s at 15 in the sunned - Charlie Crew is a midfielder who is captain of the successful Welsh under 17s team that is dominated by City players, but he left to sign for Leeds and I’m not aware of them paying any fee for him.

LeningradCowboy
09-12-22, 18:32

He was dreadful when he played last season though. Properly shit.

Mr Soul '68
09-12-22, 21:07
[QUOTE=OurManFlint II;5370993 However, i maintain that Hudson will be sacked soon after the window closes.[/QUOTE]

It depends on whether Tan can find someone cheaper with Championship experience to replace him. If not, I expect Hudson to stay. It's all about saving money for Tan

Des Parrot
10-12-22, 07:29
If we sack Hudson in Feb, it makes no sense, so we will probably do it.
And replace him with Purse, Morrison or Pound Shop Manager

Enoch Mort
10-12-22, 10:29
Based on his performance for the under 21s last Saturday, Morrison has a way to go yet before he could be considered for the first team. Denham shouldn't be forgotten about either.

I saw that too, Morrison looked nowhere near first team selection. Has Denham been injured ? After looking comfortable in the FA Cup at Anfield I thought he was nailed on for being first choice sooner rather than later.

jon1959
10-12-22, 12:04
I saw that too, Morrison looked nowhere near first team selection. Has Denham been injured ? After looking comfortable in the FA Cup at Anfield I thought he was nailed on for being first choice sooner rather than later.

Denham has been injured for most of the season - although there haven't been many details given. Hudson has mentioned his progress a couple of times in pre-match press conferences. But at least now he is 'back out on the grass', and I imagine he is also 'ticking boxes'.

Harry Bosch
10-12-22, 12:07
Denham has been injured for most of the season - although there haven't been many details given. Hudson has mentioned his progress a couple of times in pre-match press conferences. But at least now he is 'back out on the grass', and I imagine he is also 'ticking boxes'.

Don't forget "completing protocols" !

2b2bdoo
10-12-22, 12:28

I maybe wrong but from keeping an eye on Wigan from a distance I thought it took Bennett some time to get back into their squad and even then he was in and out of the team and I think it was the same injury.

Enoch Mort
10-12-22, 14:49

:hehe:

City123
10-12-22, 15:52
What was frustrating for Davies was he had a good chance of making the World Cup squad I reckon, if he’d have continued his good form prior to the injury. He’d have been more worthy of a place than some who were selected.
He definitely would have been in the squad for the 5 matches in June, probably would have a cap or two by now