PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth sold for 100 million

OurManFlint II
13-12-22, 14:46
Bournemouth go for 100 million, apparently they owed about 125/150 in interest free loans to Demin. Give or take a few quid he walks away fairly scott free. What value for Cardiff then currently, 50 million if we are lucky, 25 given the current financial outlook for the coming years, more?

Bournemouth before promotion were estimated to have the most valued squad in the championship, not sure we have any real sellable assets.

Cleve van Leef
13-12-22, 16:28
The Yanks have arrived. Watch out young virgins they’re bring nylon stockings with them.

ToTaL ITK
13-12-22, 19:57
The Yanks have arrived. Watch out young virgins they’re bring nylon stockings with them.

ummm could you explain that to us that are under 70!

splott parker
13-12-22, 20:10

Ummmmm, got any gum, chum?........basic history....but you knew that:thumbup:

Des Parrot
13-12-22, 20:30

Gravy browning for those who couldn’t afford stockings, that’s what my Nan said, seam drawn on with a brow pencil.

Chris Pontprennau Blues
14-12-22, 18:06
[QUOTE=OurManFlint II;5372324]Bournemouth go for 100 million, apparently they owed about 125/150 in interest free loans to Demin. Give or take a few quid he walks away fairly scott free. What value for Cardiff then currently, 50 million if we are lucky, 25 given the current financial outlook for the coming years, more?

Would that include their poxy mickey mouse stadium?

tforturton
14-12-22, 18:48
So Bournemouth are worth £100m, while Man Utd - in the same Division - are valued at £3bn? Staggering.

OurManFlint II
14-12-22, 20:03
So Bournemouth are worth £100m, while Man Utd - in the same Division - are valued at £3bn? Staggering.

I thought Man Utd was 5bn!

OurManFlint II
14-12-22, 20:06
[QUOTE=OurManFlint II;5372324]Bournemouth go for 100 million, apparently they owed about 125/150 in interest free loans to Demin. Give or take a few quid he walks away fairly scott free. What value for Cardiff then currently, 50 million if we are lucky, 25 given the current financial outlook for the coming years, more?

Would that include their poxy mickey mouse stadium?

I assume and an unfinished training ground that got shelved during covid.

Cleve van Leef
14-12-22, 23:30

1944 and they came over in hoards, while Brits were fighting in Europe they were “friendly” with the young women over here, hence rhe nylon stockings. Waiting here for D-Day. Hope that goes part of the way to an explanation.

The Hooded Claw
15-12-22, 00:08
Bournemouth go for 100 million, apparently they owed about 125/150 in interest free loans to Demin. Give or take a few quid he walks away fairly scott free. What value for Cardiff then currently, 50 million if we are lucky, 25 given the current financial outlook for the coming years, more?

Bournemouth before promotion were estimated to have the most valued squad in the championship, not sure we have any real sellable assets.

Wouldn’t that be £100m plus the debt?

OurManFlint II
15-12-22, 09:22
Wouldn’t that be £100m plus the debt?

i don't know, i don't read it as that just they bought the club for 100 / 150. His debts amounted to about the same. If that would be the case, Tan has nothing to worry about as he'll recoup all the debt then the value on top

Says he put in over 250mm here, i read the loans (interest free) were about 100mm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/12767270/bournemouth-takeover-american-businessman-bill-foleys-consortium-completes-purchase-worth-over-100m

I'd take Gary O'Neil if they sack him.

chris lee
15-12-22, 15:58
Just watched the new owners interview here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63982991

seems like a legit chap, some typical American 'ideas' that probably will not go down well with everyone. like a monthly comedy skit!
but overall his ideas are all harmless and come from a good place.

Most importantly seems like a very competent business man, with money to burn.
Shame he was not attracted to us as a project.

splott parker
15-12-22, 17:41
Just watched the new owners interview here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63982991

seems like a legit chap, some typical American 'ideas' that probably will not go down well with everyone. like a monthly comedy skit!
but overall his ideas are all harmless and come from a good place.

Most importantly seems like a very competent business man, with money to burn.
Shame he was not attracted to us as a project.

It was the weekly comedy skit that we have in place that swung it against us.