PDA

View Full Version : Is this the end of “POPMASTER” ?

BLUETIT
17-01-23, 12:26
As we know it ?
https://apple.news/AlzBnm4LUQs2S1eoLL6aLPg

Undercoverinwurzelland
17-01-23, 12:46
Don't know, but is his assistant going to take over the show on a temporary basis, then be given the job full time only to be sacked a few months later?

Taunton Blue Genie
17-01-23, 13:05
I find Ken Bruce as dull as ditchwater.

Michael Morris
17-01-23, 13:09
Apparently he's taking Popmaster with him.

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-01-23, 13:14
I find Ken Bruce as dull as ditchwater.

He is like creeping death

SLUDGE FACTORY
17-01-23, 13:16

Death To The Baldies

Elwood Blues
17-01-23, 13:47

Ken Bruce is going to Greatest Hits Radio and doing Popmaster there.

Taunton Blue Genie
17-01-23, 14:03

It doesn't take a genius to formulate another pop quiz though.

Pontprennau Bluebird
17-01-23, 17:57
I was on Popmaster last year. Got the t shirt.

BLUETIT
17-01-23, 18:19
I was on Popmaster last year. Got the t shirt.

Did you sell him a book ? :hehe:

Hot Shot Hamish.
17-01-23, 18:22
I’m not teccy at all, so can someone advise if we can pick up Greatest Hits radio in the Cardiff/Ponty area on DAB? I only tend to listen to the radio when I’m in the car and haven’t spotted it on the list of stations.

Pontprennau Bluebird
17-01-23, 19:04
Did you sell him a book ? :hehe:

Yes.

splott parker
17-01-23, 19:17
Radio 2 has gone downhill rapidly. Used to have it on all day, not now, Zoe Ball is dreadful (although she does love everybody, or so she tells them), Jeremy Vine is being outdone by James O’Brien on LBC (hate the stupid adverts though), I’ve not even bothered with Scott Mills. Ken Bruce is keeping it going. I’m giving Radio 5 a bit of an airing at the moment.....that TalkSport is f*cking mind numbing.

xsnaggle
17-01-23, 19:36
Radio 2 has gone downhill rapidly. Used to have it on all day, not now, Zoe Ball is dreadful (although she does love everybody, or so she tells them), Jeremy Vine is being outdone by James O’Brien on LBC (hate the stupid adverts though), I’ve not even bothered with Scott Mills. Ken Bruce is keeping it going. I’m giving Radio 5 a bit of an airing at the moment.....that TalkSport is f*cking mind numbing.

Try Radio 4 extra, all the old comedy programmes detective serial thrillers adapted for radio, anything from the 50's to last week. On the way home tonight I had the Goons, a story about a family who's house is falling down and a comedy show about architects. All easy listening when you're driving miles.

splott parker
17-01-23, 20:47
Try Radio 4 extra, all the old comedy programmes detective serial thrillers adapted for radio, anything from the 50's to last week. On the way home tonight I had the Goons, a story about a family who's house is falling down and a comedy show about architects. All easy listening when you're driving miles.

You know what, I used to listen to the afternoon play on there a few years back, loved it. Thanks for stirring the memory, I’ll be giving it a go:thumbup: