PDA

View Full Version : French citizens very unhappy

William Treseder
24-03-23, 16:40
The French government are increasing retirement age by 2yrs to 64. A fair proportion of its public are protesting quite enthusiastically, and tear gas has been used.
We, in the UK accept decisions like this with out so much as a whimper. Bravo the French protesters. Hope this post doesn’t get deleted as I’ve not used the term “Frog” in it’s title 👍

dembethewarrior
24-03-23, 16:46
Reported. Term "frog" used in the post.

ToTaL ITK
24-03-23, 17:21
you get what you vote for

TWGL1
24-03-23, 17:27
you get what you vote for

I think he’s better than the runner up.

Alan Lung
25-03-23, 02:38
The French government are increasing retirement age by 2yrs to 64. A fair proportion of its public are protesting quite enthusiastically, and tear gas has been used.
We, in the UK accept decisions like this with out so much as a whimper. Bravo the French protesters. Hope this post doesn’t get deleted as I’ve not used the term “Frog” in it’s title 👍

You should be ashamed at your previous post which has now been deleted. Other than that I agree with you.

William Treseder
25-03-23, 09:50
You should be ashamed at your previous post which has now been deleted. Other than that I agree with you.

Are we not allowed now to use terms like Frogs, Taffs, Jocks Paddy’s? Has it really got that bad?

Undercoverinwurzelland
25-03-23, 09:59
When it goes up from 67 to 68 over here we will all tut, and maybe grumble a bit on social media.

jon1959
25-03-23, 10:58

Taunton Blue Genie
25-03-23, 12:07

Thankfully, I'll be a long way from Blighty's shores when the next fawning-fest happens in May. I shall be well out of forelock-tugging territory and hope that it has all blown over by the time I get back. No doubt, every BBC TV and radio channel will be taken over in North Korean style (yet again) to ensure total media saturation of the event.

Maurice Swan
25-03-23, 12:49
Are we not allowed now to use terms like Frogs, Taffs, Jocks Paddy’s? Has it really got that bad?

I am afraid it has. I agree with you entirely.....there was a huge thread about nationality nicknames when Malky left.....

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-03-23, 12:55
I am afraid it has. I agree with you entirely.....there was a huge thread about nationality nicknames when Malky left.....

Frog is pretty pathetic and what malky said was clearly racist

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-03-23, 12:57
Thankfully, I'll be a long way from Blighty's shores when the next fawning-fest happens in May. I shall be well out of forelock-tugging territory and hope that it has all blown over by the time I get back. No doubt, every BBC TV and radio channel will be taken over in North Korean style (yet again) to ensure total media saturation of the event.

I can't believe how dopey some people are

Though to be fair most people will stick on a silly union jack hat , eat some cake then get absolutely leathered because it's a day off

Wales-Bales
25-03-23, 13:54
When it goes up from 67 to 68 over here we will all tut, and maybe grumble a bit on social media.And some people will say 68 is too low.

Wales-Bales
25-03-23, 13:55
Are we not allowed now to use terms like Frogs, Taffs, Jocks Paddy’s? Has it really got that bad?Even adult tadpoles is out of bounds.

William Treseder
25-03-23, 16:24
Frog is pretty pathetic and what malky said was clearly racist

Get off your high horse sonny. “Frog” is just a nickname. Nothing racist or sinister, just a nickname.

Maurice Swan
25-03-23, 16:26
Get off your high horse sonny. “Frog” is just a nickname. Nothing racist or sinister, just a nickname.

....as for many races.....which we cannot mention.

Tuerto
25-03-23, 17:03
....as for many races.....which we cannot mention.

Isn't your wife from Thailand? And your kids half Thai? What would be the 'Nickname' for them? Just wondering.

Maurice Swan
25-03-23, 17:07
Isn't your wife from Thailand? And your kids half Thai? What would be the 'Nickname' for them? Just wondering.

No idea.....they have all integrated well and with the children in school they have no nicknames.....

Actually the nickname for Thai people is "chue len"....would I be worried by that..no way.

Tuerto
25-03-23, 17:16
No idea.....they have all integrated well and with the children in school they have no nicknames.....

Actually the nickname for Thai people is "chue len"....would I be worried by that..no way.

You know what i mean Mo, Best leave it there :thumbup:

JamesWales
25-03-23, 17:36
Frog refers to eating Frogs Legs doesn't it? Like scouse and Scouser.

They call us Rosbif (Roast Beef) in return.

Pleasant? No.
Racist? No.
Xenophobic. Possibly, or jokey depending on context

TWGL1
25-03-23, 18:19
Ah, I missed that one , but as an aside , I’m French decent and it’s a term used a lot in jest as they eat frogs legs , I think the French call the Brits rostbif in return, because of our Sunday Dinners.

Swiss Peter
25-03-23, 18:22
Ah, I missed that one , but as an aside , I’m French decent and it’s a term used a lot in jest as they eat frogs legs , I think the French call the Brits rostbif in return, because of our Sunday Dinners.

If gammon is racist then Roast beefs must be off the scale...

:hehe:

JamesWales
25-03-23, 20:43
If gammon is racist then Roast beefs must be off the scale...

:hehe:

If it only referred to brown skinned Brits then it most definitely would!