PDA

View Full Version : Cold case dectetives

North Cardiff Blue
28-03-23, 15:33
Can't find the what job would you rather do a thread, but that looks like a cracker of a job.

I can't understand how most of the cases weren't solved, normally glaring mistakes, but the cold case teams must feel immense satisfaction solving forty-year-old rapes and murders.

A quick check through the DNA register and many cases are now easily solvable.

BLUETIT
28-03-23, 15:37
Can't find the what job would you rather do a thread, but that looks like a cracker of a job.

I can't understand how most of the cases weren't solved, normally glaring mistakes, but the cold case teams must feel immense satisfaction solving forty-year-old rapes and murders.

No DNA 40 years ago though, was there :facepalm:

Rjk
28-03-23, 15:38

yes there was plenty of DNA

BLUETIT
28-03-23, 15:40
yes there was plenty of DNA

They just didn’t know it :hehe:

North Cardiff Blue
28-03-23, 16:16

Plain old detective work would have solved half of these crimes they are investigating, every show you see, they point out how they missed an opportunity to catch them, they are usually suspects and go on to commit more crimes.

DNA, phone signals, CCTV cameras, ring doorbells, and dashcams solve all crimes now by the look of it, plus thick criminals, making it easy.

North Cardiff Blue
28-03-23, 16:23

Or even detectives!

splott parker
28-03-23, 16:26

With what has been kept in storage from unsolved historic crimes there may be a few nervous folk about dreading a knock on the door.

BLUETIT
28-03-23, 16:47
With what has been kept in storage from unsolved historic crimes there may be a few nervous folk about dreading a knock on the door.

Portsmouth’s clock springs to mind :hehe:

splott parker
28-03-23, 17:29
Portsmouth’s clock springs to mind :hehe:

I was going to put it back last weekend……but then I realised they went forward….boom boom

ninian opinian
28-03-23, 18:07
I’m very dubious when it comes to DNA testing/results. One of my family was involved in a case where DNA evidence was used. One scientist said it was their DNA another said it wasn’t. It’s not 100% foot proof and I’m sure in years to come they will discover innocent people were jailed because DNA evidence was used incorrectly.

BLUETIT
28-03-23, 18:21
I’m very dubious when it comes to DNA testing/results. One of my family was involved in a case where DNA evidence was used. One scientist said it was their DNA another said it wasn’t. It’s not 100% foot proof and I’m sure in years to come they will discover innocent people were jailed because DNA evidence was used incorrectly.

What if they used their hand

The Bloop
28-03-23, 19:45
What if they used their hand

Do toes have unique prints like fingers do?

NYCBlue
29-03-23, 02:34
Do toes have unique prints like fingers do?

Yes.

poc
29-03-23, 08:01

not a lot of what they use these days was invented 40 years ago