PDA

View Full Version : Reading to be deducted six points - CONFIRMED

NottinghamBlue
31-03-23, 11:16
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-admit-defeat-over-six-26601811

Former Labour leader
31-03-23, 11:28
Will put them below us.
Not a great way to possibly avoid relegation but needs must.

SLUDGE FACTORY
31-03-23, 11:33
Will put them below us.

It isn't

Not a great way at all

A Quiet Monkfish
31-03-23, 17:20
After tomorrow they have 7 games remaining. I'd be really p****d off if they docked my club with just 7 matched remaining. At this late stage and with relegation a possibility, game management becomes more and more critical. As things stand, if you were Ince you may be inclined to settle for a point whereas with 6 points less you may go for a winner.

Rjk
31-03-23, 18:00
After tomorrow they have 7 games remaining. I'd be really p****d off if they docked my club with just 7 matched remaining. At this late stage and with relegation a possibility, game management becomes more and more critical. As things stand, if you were Ince you may be inclined to settle for a point whereas with 6 points less you may go for a winner.

if they don't like it then they shouldn't have broken the rules again

UNDERHILL1927
31-03-23, 18:01
Don’t care how we stay up, if it means points deductions for other teams so be it.

dml1954
31-03-23, 19:19

They broke the FFP rules, then they broke the agreement they made to solve it and now they have done it again. It is entirely their own fault that this is being done with only 7 games left. Really they should be deducted 10 or 12 points for multiple breaches. How anyone can give them any sympathy is beyond me. And yes, if we did the same thing I would say the same.

Whisperer
31-03-23, 19:22
Good - horrible club and a horrible manager.

D. Advocaat
31-03-23, 19:47
Good - horrible club and a horrible manager.

I have no time for Ince but to describe Reading as a 'horrible club' seems a bit harsh.

It would be nice if we could, just for once, be successful (whether that's staying up or getting promoted) because we have a better team than others, with, you know, better, more skillful and talented footballers. It sometimes feels Cardiff City rely on set pieces and points deductions.

Whisperer
31-03-23, 20:06
I have no time for Ince but to describe Reading as a 'horrible club' seems a bit harsh.

It would be nice if we could, just for once, be successful (whether that's staying up or getting promoted) because we have a better team than others, with, you know, better, more skillful and talented footballers. It sometimes feels Cardiff City rely on set pieces and points deductions.
It wasn’t that long ago they accused our fans of racist and homophobic chanting - like I said horrible club.

stan butler
31-03-23, 20:15
It wasn’t that long ago they accused our fans of racist and homophobic chanting - like I said horrible club.

I agree

splott parker
31-03-23, 21:11

We beat them the other week:thumbup:

2b2bdoo
31-03-23, 21:17

I guess doing that within the rules is key.

Harry Paget Flashman
31-03-23, 21:22

We have been successful lots of times by being the better team.

Canton Kev
31-03-23, 21:59
We got promoted twice without needing point deductions and stayed up last season irrespective of other team’s point deductions.

NYCBlue
01-04-23, 01:10
Will put them below us.

It's fine by me. They're getting points deducted because they broke the rules. I have no problem with that.

dembethewarrior
01-04-23, 03:43

We stayed up last season without the help of a points deduction? When did a deduction help us to promotion?

dembethewarrior
01-04-23, 03:43
It's fine by me. They're getting points deducted because they broke the rules. I have no problem with that.

Exactly.

The self righteous CCMB does my head in at times.

A Quiet Monkfish
01-04-23, 07:58
The merits/justification of the points deduction wasn't my point. It was leaving a decision on the deduction until 7 or fewer games to go. A manager in Ince's position would play games differently with 6 points deducted.

dembethewarrior
01-04-23, 08:23
The merits/justification of the points deduction wasn't my point. It was leaving a decision on the deduction until 7 or fewer games to go. A manager in Ince's position would play games differently with 6 points deducted.

How many games left should they have then?

They're looking to deduct Everton points this season, although it probably won't happen this season, but if it did it would leave it extremely late for them...

Pembroke blue
01-04-23, 08:24
Rotherham don’t care about us I Don’t care about Reading the way I see it simple

splott parker
01-04-23, 09:31
I wonder how many other club’s fans would shed a tear if we were kicked out of the league completely? There’d be f*cking street parties!!!!

dembethewarrior
01-04-23, 09:44
I wonder how many other club’s fans would shed a tear if we were kicked out of the league completely? There’d be f*cking street parties!!!!

Refs would get bored quick, they'd have to find another team to give decisions against...

A Quiet Monkfish
01-04-23, 10:32
How many games left should they have then?

They're looking to deduct Everton points this season, although it probably won't happen this season, but if it did it would leave it extremely late for them...

Surely there should be a 'cut-off' time for points deductions - I'd say 10 games minimum. Either they've broken the rules or they haven't. Especially in a relegation battle [as is the case with most clubs incurring points deductions], it affects all those other clubs at the bottom of the league. A six point deduction at the start is different to one with 5 or 6 games left.

dembethewarrior
01-04-23, 10:36
Surely there should be a 'cut-off' time for points deductions - I'd say 10 games minimum. Either they've broken the rules or they haven't. Especially in a relegation battle [as is the case with most clubs incurring points deductions], it affects all those other clubs at the bottom of the league. A six point deduction at the start is different to one with 5 or 6 games left.

There's rules for bloody everything now.

Behave or face the consequences.

Canton Kev
01-04-23, 11:01

And if they waited until next season and we get relegated this year with Reading 5 points ahead of us…. You’d take that on the chin would you?

This has been hanging over Reading for months. If Ince turns around and says “well for the last few games we’ve given a half hearted effort because we didn’t realise we could be deducted points” that’s on them.

Undercoverinwurzelland
03-04-23, 19:02
Reading journo saying the deduction will be announced before Friday
https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/1642938218533339149

Canton Kev
03-04-23, 20:07
Reading journo saying the deduction will be announced before Friday
https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/1642938218533339149

Starting to lose hope that it’ll happen. Swear it’s been “any day now” for the last month…

jon1959
03-04-23, 21:37
Starting to lose hope that it’ll happen. Swear it’s been “any day now” for the last month…

Ince said 'in the next 24/48 hours' last Thursday.

It's been imminent for weeks. Reading have been expecting it for weeks. Very strange from the EFL.

EastbourneBlue
04-04-23, 06:17
Ince said 'in the next 24/48 hours' last Thursday.

It's been imminent for weeks. Reading have been expecting it for weeks. Very strange from the EFL.

Completely unacceptable from the EFL. Reach a decision and announce it. Simple

Forgotmyoldaccount
04-04-23, 11:44
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/12bg901/reading_deducted_six_points_with_immediate_effect/

Feel for their fans, but might keep us up

Brizzlebluebirds
04-04-23, 11:45
Completely unacceptable from the EFL. Reach a decision and announce it. Simple

Just been announced, 6 point deduction.

Monster munch
04-04-23, 11:47
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65175863

Forgotmyoldaccount
04-04-23, 11:51
I honestly feel for their fans. I hate when teams get deducted points, deserved or not.

6 points isn't too bad though, not like the 15 or so some teams have had!

OurManFlint II
04-04-23, 11:57
And if they waited until next season and we get relegated this year with Reading 5 points ahead of us…. You’d take that on the chin would you?

This has been hanging over Reading for months. If Ince turns around and says “well for the last few games we’ve given a half hearted effort because we didn’t realise we could be deducted points” that’s on them.

There are cut off dates and rules already, you just have to look on the EFL website! All clubs sign up to it and its public knowledge, no great conspiracy.

jon1959
04-04-23, 11:59
https://www.efl.com/news/2023/april/club-financial-reporting-unit-reading-football-club/

Canton Kev
04-04-23, 12:04
Excellent news. And with such great weather today too. I will enjoy a stroll in the sun with a smile on my face.

North Cardiff Blue
04-04-23, 12:11

If it was us they would wait till the last game and then deduct one more point than necessary to send us down, if we won the last game or not.

Rjk
04-04-23, 12:15
looking like it's 1 from us, Reading, Huddersfield, qpr and Rotherham to join Wigan and Blackpool in league one.

the Blackpool and Rotherham games will be massive for us

TWGL1
04-04-23, 12:18
looking like it's 1 from us, Reading, Huddersfield, qpr and Rotherham to join Wigan and Blackpool in league one.

the Blackpool and Rotherham games will be massive for us

Reading play Wigan & Huddersfield in their final two games

North Cardiff Blue
04-04-23, 12:20
https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Wigan and Blackpool down, with Huddersfield, Reading or QPR.

If we win Friday we'll be safe, lose and I will be slightly worried, but we still have plenty of points available.

North Cardiff Blue
04-04-23, 12:28
Rotherhams fixtures tricky too, they may be in trouble

Friday 7th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
13:00
West Bromwich Albion
Monday 10th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Norwich City
15:00
Rotherham United
Saturday 15th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
Luton Town
Tuesday 18th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
19:45
Burnley
Saturday 22nd April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Bristol City
Rotherham United
Saturday 29th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
Middlesbrough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rotherham-united/scores-fixtures

I think we will finish 18th

blue lewj
04-04-23, 12:31
Rotherhams fixtures tricky too, they may be in trouble

Friday 7th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
13:00
West Bromwich Albion
Monday 10th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Norwich City
Rotherham United
Saturday 15th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
Luton Town
Tuesday 18th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
19:45
Burnley
Saturday 22nd April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Bristol City
Rotherham United
Saturday 29th April
CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham United
Middlesbrough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rotherham-united/scores-fixtures

And they're playing us obviously.

That could be a very important fixture by the time it comes around.

North Cardiff Blue
04-04-23, 12:31
And they're playing us obviously.

That could be a very important fixture by the time it comes around.

Yes and what a grudge match!

jon1959
04-04-23, 12:38
Statement from Mark Bowen on the Reading club site:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/04/mark-bowen-an-open-letter-to-our-fans/

He expects the 6 point deduction to be 'the last of our medicine' and for the transfer embargo to be lifted in the summer.

Reading that made me wish that there was someone in our club who would communicate with the fans that way. It gave a full backstory, an explanation, a vision for the future and more. We are teetering on the brink of relegation, with a transfer embargo, a seemingly endless list of future litigation, massive annual financial losses, and a blocked pathway from the academy to the first team.

The positives of a new academy complex, new training ground plans and a successful women's team do not tip the scales.

We need a Cardiff City Mark Bowen (Tan, Dalman, Choo, a Director of Football, a fan director on the Board?) to speak to us!

blue lewj
04-04-23, 12:38
Yes and what a grudge match!

I'm hoping by that time it is a dead rubber and we won't need anything but there aren't many games left, we'd probably need to win a fair few before then and after all this is City, do we do simple?

Rjk
04-04-23, 12:39

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/04/mark-bowen-an-open-letter-to-our-fans/

He expects the 6 point deduction to be 'the last of our medicine' and for the transfer embargo to be lifted in the summer.

Reading that made me wish that there was someone in our club who would communicate with the fans that way. It gave a full backstory, an explanation, a vision for the future and more. We are teetering on the brink of relegation, with a transfer embargo, a seemingly endless list of future litigation, massive annual financial losses, and a blocked pathway from the academy to the first team.

The positives of a new academy complex, new training ground plans and a successful women's team do not tip the scales.

We need a Cardiff City Mark Bowen (Tan, Dalman, Choo, a Director of Football, a fan director on the Board?) to speak to us!

there have been weeks and weeks of reading fans wondering what the hell has been going on though, I'm not sure they'd agree that their communication to the fans over this has been a paragon of virtue

blue lewj
04-04-23, 12:40

The club has to care about the fans to do that.

Our club just tells a hand picked few very little and lets it trickle down to the fans. They also fail to acknowledge their failings and give the air that all of the bad things have happened to them. I'd prefer a collective from this message board on the board of the club and fully believe they would have a better plan and run the club in a better way than the current board that we have.

Season ticket time soon though. Probably the pinnacle of communication and marketing seen during the calendar year at City. Show us your money.

jon1959
04-04-23, 12:54
there have been weeks and weeks of reading fans wondering what the hell has been going on though, I'm not sure they'd agree that their communication to the fans over this has been a paragon of virtue

Yes, I agree. Pearcey has been saying similar about the silence on why they breached the EFL suspended points agreement. I am just referring to today's statement from Bowen which I thought was pretty good.

dml1954
04-04-23, 13:05
The club has to care about the fans to do that.

Our club just tells a hand picked few very little and lets it trickle down to the fans. They also fail to acknowledge their failings and give the air that all of the bad things have happened to them. I'd prefer a collective from this message board on the board of the club and fully believe they would have a better plan and run the club in a better way than the current board that we have.

Season ticket time soon though. Probably the pinnacle of communication and marketing seen during the calendar year at City. Show us your money.

I am sorry but I cant let that go. You ‘would prefer a collective from this message board on the board of the club’ 😂😂. Presumably with yourself as chairman, I suppose ! Jesus wept, give me strength. A collective from this board couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery.

dembethewarrior
04-04-23, 13:27
Excellent news. And with such great weather today too. I will enjoy a stroll in the sun with a smile on my face.

Nice dog walking weather today. Great for a nice endorphin release!

Rjk
04-04-23, 13:37
Yes, I agree. Pearcey has been saying similar about the silence on why they breached the EFL suspended points agreement. I am just referring to today's statement from Bowen which I thought was pretty good.

yeah to be fair it is very detailed

The Lone Gunman
04-04-23, 14:08
Remember the good old days when teams were occasionally docked points for fielding ineligible players? Now they apparently get docked points for breaching business plans. What a division the Championship has become.

TWGL1
04-04-23, 14:12
Remember the good old days when teams were occasionally docked points for fielding ineligible players? Now they apparently get docked points for breaching business plans. What a division the Championship has become.

Been doing it for years to the Smaller clubs , Swindon and Luton come to mind

Rjk
04-04-23, 14:21
Been doing it for years to the Smaller clubs , Swindon and Luton come to mind

Luton had a huge deduction one year didn't they? I can remember playing as them on champ man back in the day

The Lone Gunman
04-04-23, 14:22
Goalkeeper isn't great, defence is suspect at times, midfield is poor and the attack is the worst in the club's entire history, but we have a solid business plan so we'll be fine.

:hehe:

IanD
04-04-23, 14:36
Huddersfield v Reading last match of the season. I hope they have decent phone signals in Burnley. Chances are, that match could determine our future and, possibly, that of Huddersfield and Reading.

dembethewarrior
04-04-23, 14:45
Huddersfield v Reading last match of the season. I hope they have decent phone signals in Burnley. Chances are, that match could determine our future and, possibly, that of Huddersfield and Reading.

Only been to Burnley once.

Shit hole.

Shit ground.

Got the train in on my own from Blackpool as I had a ticket, was in Blackpool for my mates birthday,none of them city fans.

Lasted til half time before walking out and getting back on the train to Blackpool. Absolutely hungover to hell and back, what a waste of half my day #ccfc

John Buchanan
04-04-23, 15:20
I'm hoping by that time it is a dead rubber and we won't need anything but there aren't many games left, we'd probably need to win a fair few before then and after all this is City, do we do simple?

Do we do?

blue lewj
04-04-23, 15:42
Do we do?

Do we do? We do not.

BLUETIT
04-04-23, 15:45

Be a shitter if they both need a draw to send us down

Stewards enquiry called for now

John Buchanan
04-04-23, 19:08
Do we do? We do not.
Somebody translate this into Latin and it could be the new club motto 😁

John Buchanan
04-04-23, 19:13
Somebody translate this into Latin and it could be the new club motto 😁

Facimus? Non possumus facere.
Not very catchy, how about Welsh?

OurManFlint II
04-04-23, 19:16
Goalkeeper isn't great, defence is suspect at times, midfield is poor and the attack is the worst in the club's entire history, but we have a solid business plan so we'll be fine.

:hehe:

Top target, a few accountants and a tax lawyer.

City123
04-04-23, 19:27
Luton had a huge deduction one year didn't they? I can remember playing as them on champ man back in the day
Deducted 30 points in 2008/09 they finished bottom and were relegated to the Conference, somewhat unsurprisingly

Bournemouth were also docked 17 points that season

PontBlue
04-04-23, 19:28
Some of the rules in the business plan especially relating to agents should be the rules for all clubs to stop the parasites leaching as much money as they do from the game.