PDA

View Full Version : Current bottom three in the Premier League to go down?

the other bob wilson
08-04-23, 16:57
Watched Leicester v Bournemouth this afternoon and was surprised how bad the Foxes were. Bournemouth were far better than them and it was clear that it wasn’t a case of Rodgers losing the dressing room because they were worse without him - Maddison gifted Bournemouth their goal and was pretty anonymous, they’re going down I reckon.

I also reckon Cooper might be sacked by Forest in the next day or two, really want them to go down because of the way they’ve gone about things - there’s players they signed for a lot of money in the summer who aren’t in their twenty five now.

Moodybluebird
08-04-23, 17:06
Watched Leicester v Bournemouth this afternoon and was surprised how bad the Foxes were. Bournemouth were far better than them and it was clear that it wasn’t a case of Rodgers losing the dressing room because they were worse without him - Maddison gifted Bournemouth their goal and was pretty anonymous, they’re going down I reckon.

I also reckon Cooper might be sacked by Forest in the next day or two, really want them to go down because of the way they’ve gone about things - there’s players they signed for a lot of money in the summer who aren’t in their twenty five now.

I thought I had it sussed well over a month ago as I had a feeling Forest were going to start sinking. Along with Southampton and Bournemouth they were my 3 to go down but fair play to the Cherries they are proving me wrong.

Wales-Bales
08-04-23, 17:24
I hope Bournemouth stay up to give Brooks a decent run in the Premier League next season. If Forest go down Johnson will be snapped up, and maybe one of the other teams will pick up Neco. Unfortunately both of the Welsh 'keepers could go down.

LA Bluebird
08-04-23, 17:25
Forest will be in all kinds of trouble if they go down with that squad. Can't say I'd be too sorry to see it happen. Absolutely everything that's wrong with modern football... will have implications for Wales although Brennan Johnson will easily find another Prem club, not so sure about Neco.

Wales-Bales
08-04-23, 17:35
Forest will be in all kinds of trouble if they go down with that squad. Can't say I'd be too sorry to see it happen. Absolutely everything that's wrong with modern football... will have implications for Wales although Brennan Johnson will easily find another Prem club, not so sure about Neco.Neco is still only 21. He's good for his age and he will be fine after a bit of experience. This is his first season of regular football in the Premier League and he's on huge a learning curve.

the other bob wilson
08-04-23, 17:47
I’d say at least two of the sides that go up might want Neco if Forest are relegated, although it might be on a season long loan.

LeningradCowboy
08-04-23, 17:51
Neco is still only 21. He's good for his age and he will be fine after a bit of experience. This is his first season of regular football in the Premier League and he's on huge a learning curve.

Neco will be 22 in a few days. Is he really good for his age? For comparison, Trent Alexander-Arnold has been a first-team starter for Liverpool since he was 20.

Hilts
08-04-23, 18:03
Everton were terrible today.

Its difficult id love Leeds and Forest to go down.

Forest have spent a fortune. They could be in the sh!t.

Hilts
08-04-23, 18:08
Neco will be 22 in a few days. Is he really good for his age? For comparison, Trent Alexander-Arnold has been a first-team starter for Liverpool since he was 20.

Not really a fair comparison TAA is on another level completely to Neco.

The Lone Gunman
08-04-23, 18:19

If Forest had any ambitions to stay up, what option did they have other than to spend loads of money? I can understand the argument that they spent too much, but they would undoubtedly have finished rock bottom of the Premier League if they’d spent a minimal amount and gone with what was left of last season’s squad.

the other bob wilson
08-04-23, 18:25
If Forest had any ambitions to stay up, what option did they have other than to spend loads of money? I can understand the argument that they spent too much, but they would undoubtedly have finished rock bottom of the Premier League if they’d spent a minimal amount and gone with what was left of last season’s squad.

They went for quantity over quality - it’s ludicrous that they paid millions for Lewis O’Brien and now he’s not in their twenty five.

The Lone Gunman
08-04-23, 18:34
They went for quantity over quality - it’s ludicrous that they paid millions for Lewis O’Brien and now he’s not in their twenty five.

To be honest, I haven’t looked closely at their squad. I just remember it had the feeling of a team getting promoted too quickly when you consider their loans and out of contract players last season.

I hope they stay up. They’ve stuck with Cooper until this point, which deserves credit. I’d like to see Everton go down, although I do like Dyche. I think Southampton are doomed and Leicester look in trouble, although their fixtures are decent.

I think Forest will probably drop as their remaining fixtures look tough.

UNDERHILL1927
08-04-23, 18:40
To be honest, I haven’t looked closely at their squad. I just remember it had the feeling of a team getting promoted too quickly when you consider their loans and out of contract players last season.

I hope they stay up. They’ve stuck with Cooper until this point, which deserves credit. I’d like to see Everton go down, although I do like Dyche. I think Southampton are doomed and Leicester look in trouble, although their fixtures are decent.

I think Forest will probably drop as their remaining fixtures look tough.

Yeah Forest are down for me. Much worse goal difference too.

The Lone Gunman
08-04-23, 18:44
Yeah Forest are down for me. Much worse goal difference too.

Forest finished below Huddersfield last season, which puts things into perspective.

The Lone Gunman
08-04-23, 18:59

Just done some reading on this one. Apparently, he’s on loan at DC United and wasn’t named in Forest’s 25 as he was supposed to go on loan to Blackburn in a move that fell through at the last minute.

Sounds like an unusual set of circumstances and he looks like a player who will be very useful to Forest next season if they do go down.

Undercoverinwurzelland
08-04-23, 19:01
Josh Bowler, who scored against us yesterday - signed by Forest from Blackpool for £4m, loaned straight away to Olympiacos, played for them 4 times, recalled and loaned back to Blackpool.
Why on earth did they sign him?

LA Bluebird
08-04-23, 19:10
Yeah, Forest spent massively on players some of whom Cooper (allegedly) didn't even want and haven't been part of his first team squad most of the season. Absolute madness. 36 players in when you can only register 25.

You have to spend to stay up no doubt, but there's also got to be an element of continuity as well. Just a squad of mercenaries.

cyril evans awaydays
08-04-23, 19:46
Yeah, Forest spent massively on players some of whom Cooper (allegedly) didn't even want and haven't been part of his first team squad most of the season. Absolute madness. 36 players in when you can only register 25.

You have to spend to stay up no doubt, but there's also got to be an element of continuity as well. Just a squad of mercenaries.

Agree on the spend, spend, spend bit but Forest recruiting a squad of mercenaries? Welcome to the EPL and beyond!

NYCBlue
08-04-23, 19:50
Looking at recent form it's hard to see how the bottom three can make up any ground.

Wales-Bales
08-04-23, 19:58
Neco will be 22 in a few days. Is he really good for his age? For comparison, Trent Alexander-Arnold has been a first-team starter for Liverpool since he was 20.It's not really a good example, Alexander-Arnold is a generational talent, and at one point there was no one in the world who was near him, no matter what their age was. Likewise, Camavinga is probably world class in two positions and he's only still 20,

Bothroyd's Diving Coach
08-04-23, 20:02

Not sure that's a fair comparison at all, to say someone isn't of a certain quality because he doesn't compare well to a player that's been seen as the best RB in the World over the last 3 seasons.

NYCBlue
09-04-23, 09:57
It's not really a good example, Alexander-Arnold is a generational talent, and at one point there was no one in the world who was near him, no matter what their age was. Likewise, Camavinga is probably world class in two positions and he's only still 20,

Vinicius Junior was definitely nowhere near him when he scored the winner in the Champions League final.

dembethewarrior
09-04-23, 10:30

You don't have to be in the top RB's in the world to be "good for your age" do you?

He's playing in the Premier League and having some good games. Surely that's good?

Incy Wincy Spider
09-04-23, 10:37

Think it’s clear Foxes fans still blame Rodgers (the Midget) for their travails.

Wales-Bales
09-04-23, 10:46
Vinicius Junior was definitely nowhere near him when he scored the winner in the Champions League final.We are talking about full-backs here, and Vinicius Junior is also one of the worlds best players.

Wales-Bales
09-04-23, 10:50
You don't have to be in the top RB's in the world to be "good for your age" do you?

He's playing in the Premier League and having some good games. Surely that's good?Neco can play LB too which is an added bonus, and he's good going forward. He just needs to find some consistency, which will come from playing games.

dembethewarrior
09-04-23, 13:09
Neco can play LB too which is an added bonus, and he's good going forward. He just needs to find some consistency, which will come from playing games.

Yeah, still plenty of time for Neco to develop further.

NYCBlue
09-04-23, 14:08
We are talking about full-backs here, and Vinicius Junior is also one of the worlds best players.

And TAA didn't even know he was there. Earlier that day there was a piece about TAA in the Guardian where he was quoted as saying "I see things other people don't see" or words to that effect.

Wales-Bales
09-04-23, 14:15
And TAA didn't even know he was there. Earlier that day there was a piece about TAA in the Guardian where he was quoted as saying "I see things other people don't see" or words to that effect.TAA recently had a downturn in form, did it include this period? Also Vinicius Junior is a tricky player so it could happen to anybody.

the other bob wilson
09-04-23, 14:31
Leeds doing their bit to prove the thread title wrong. They were all over Palace in the first half and leading 1-0 only for Palace to equalise in added time - Palace have just gone 4-1 up.

NYCBlue
09-04-23, 23:29
TAA recently had a downturn in form, did it include this period? Also Vinicius Junior is a tricky player so it could happen to anybody.

TAA is a fantastic footballer, unfortunately defending is his weakness.

SLUDGE FACTORY
09-04-23, 23:33
And TAA didn't even know he was there. Earlier that day there was a piece about TAA in the Guardian where he was quoted as saying "I see things other people don't see" or words to that effect.

I see dead people

NYCBlue
09-04-23, 23:46
I see dead people

We see things they never see.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/27/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-see-things-others-cant-see-real-madrid-final

Pedro de la Rosa
10-04-23, 07:05
TAA recently had a downturn in form, did it include this period? Also Vinicius Junior is a tricky player so it could happen to anybody.

TAA isn’t in bad form, he can’t defend. Now Liverpool’s midfield is horrendous and they’re still pressing, he is getting exposed.

Wales-Bales
10-04-23, 08:35
TAA isn’t in bad form, he can’t defend. Now Liverpool’s midfield is horrendous and they’re still pressing, he is getting exposed.I must be hallucinating :sherlock:

How Trent Alexander-Arnold is fighting back in bid to turn form around

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-trent-alexander-arnold-is-fighting-back-in-bid-to-turn-form-around-8gf2tp7lb

Klopp admits Alexander-Arnold ‘not as good as he used to be’ for Liverpool

https://www.msn.com/en-za/sports/football/klopp-admits-alexander-arnold-not-as-good-as-he-used-to-be-for-liverpool/ar-AA19CcIl

Trent Alexander-Arnold: Liverpool star's body transformation blamed for poor form

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/trent-alexander-arnold-told-spend-26630386

DOMINIC KING: All the talk of being Liverpool's weakest link will hurt Trent Alexander-Arnold... With his form below par, best off being left out of the England squad with time to rest his legs and clear his mind

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11867095/Liverpool-Alexander-Arnold-good-England-leave-out.html

Trent Alexander-Arnold’s struggles illustrate how Liverpool’s strength has become a weakness

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-premier-league-fixtures-alexander-arnold-b2312602.html

Trent Alexander-Arnold body transformation may have ‘hindered’ him as Liverpool star urged to change fitness regime

https://talksport.com/football/1383810/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-body-transformation-hindrance/

Drop Alexander-Arnold, rein in the press... and Nunez MUST start! As Liverpool prepare to face manager-less Chelsea on the back of three-straight losses, what can Jurgen Klopp do to halt their slide?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11936815/Liverpool-Klopp-arrest-slide-against-Chelsea.html

Trent Alexander-Arnold plot thickens with England after44 confusing Gareth Southgate comments

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/fifa-world-cup/trent-alexander-arnold-plot-thickens-with-england-after-confusing-gareth-southgate-comments/ar-AA19baHT

Wales-Bales
10-04-23, 10:47
And TAA didn't even know he was there. Earlier that day there was a piece about TAA in the Guardian where he was quoted as saying "I see things other people don't see" or words to that effect.It looks like a move from the training ground to me. All eyes are on the player who looks like he is going to shoot, and Vinicius Junior ghosts in on the back post. That's what Vinicius does when he's in stealth mode. TAA dick clock him at least two times to see where he was, but the ball to the far post deceived everybody. Excellent play by Real Madrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiRDI_nAUCc

Wales-Bales
10-04-23, 11:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiRDI_nAUCc
Notice how TAA was initially marking Benzema who dragged him over to the right, and then did a little dance ensuring TAA remained in position, before going off on a decoy run. This manoeuvre left Vinicius Junior in acres of space on the left, and it allowed him to time his late run to perfection.

LA Bluebird
12-04-23, 09:43
Sporting director at Forest who made all the January signings gone after 6 months then. Perfectly normally run club.

dembethewarrior
12-04-23, 10:12
Sporting director at Forest who made all the January signings gone after 6 months then. Perfectly normally run club.

How would you say he's performed in the last 6 months?

LA Bluebird
12-04-23, 10:26
I have no idea as I’m not employed by Nottingham Forest and haven’t seen his day to day work, but I’d suggest spending a couple hundred million signing 35+ players over two transfer windows led by different people and firing them both a few months after is not the sign of a well run or sustainable club.

NYCBlue
12-04-23, 10:28
Notice how TAA was initially marking Benzema who dragged him over to the right, and then did a little dance ensuring TAA remained in position, before going off on a decoy run. This manoeuvre left Vinicius Junior in acres of space on the left, and it allowed him to time his late run to perfection.

So that makes TAA a good defender? You're grasping at straws. Are you a secret Liverpool fan?

dembethewarrior
12-04-23, 10:29
I have no idea as I’m not employed by Nottingham Forest and haven’t seen his day to day work, but I’d suggest spending a couple hundred million signing 35+ players over two transfer windows led by different people and firing them both a few months after is not the sign of a well run or sustainable club.

So all the transfers he oversaw and the money he spent, he didn't do a good job. Hardly surprising he's been sacked.

I agree they're not well run btw.

SuperBluebirds91
12-04-23, 10:44
If I can choose I’d would choose Man City, Man U and Chelsea to godown.

Without a choice it’s going to be the three that are in there now IMO.

Rjk
12-04-23, 10:48
If I can choose I’d would choose Man City, Man U and Chelsea to godown.

Without a choice it’s going to be the three that are in there now IMO.

Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool for me probably

Wales-Bales
12-04-23, 11:15
So that makes TAA a good defender? You're grasping at straws. Are you a secret Liverpool fan?You're blaming the defender for the goal, while I see a brilliantly executed Real Madrid move that was constructed on the training ground.

PS I don't have to be a fan of any team to analyse a passage of play.

fugsyphil
12-04-23, 12:13
Man City destroying the status quo has been fantastic as far as I'm concerned

Liverpool and United definitely relegated for me just to reduce the media love in with both. Would also have been arsenal but can't help being impressed by current younger squad and Chelsea seen to be heading the wrong way by themselves.. .maybe spurs ...or put Everton out their misery

Rjk
12-04-23, 12:18
Man City destroying the status quo has been fantastic as far as I'm concerned

Liverpool and United definitely relegated for me just to reduce the media love in with both. Would also have been arsenal but can't help being impressed by current younger squad and Chelsea seen to be heading the wrong way by themselves.. .maybe spurs ...or put Everton out their misery

Yes, initially, but they've won 4 out of the last 5 and 6 out of 11.
They are the status quo now, and, like Chelsea, many of their fans seem to have forgotten that before the money came along they were nothing special

splott parker
12-04-23, 17:17
Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool for me probably

Man City have been a breath of fresh air, gatecrashed the hoi polloi much to their annoyance. In the third tier not so long ago being ridiculed by their horrible neighbours, pleasing to see them shoving it to them now. A pleasure to watch when they turn it on, it’s how football should be played. Shout out to the Arse as well, great to see a young squad challenging so strongly.

Man Utd, Chelsea & Liverpool for me for relegation.

splott parker
12-04-23, 17:21
Yes, initially, but they've won 4 out of the last 5 and 6 out of 11.
They are the status quo now, and, like Chelsea, many of their fans seem to have forgotten that before the money came along they were nothing special

That’s the thing, their fans haven’t forgot, they stuck by them when they plummeted two divisions and liken their current good fortune to winning the lottery. They seem to be wary of the newby tourist type fans reluctant to embrace them.