PDA

View Full Version : 11 year ago today we Lost Eddie May

blue matt
13-04-23, 23:13
By far my fav time supporting the city ( it was just the right time for me, right age, the music, the fashion, the football and the freedom )

we really were dreaming big back then and loving every moment of it

Wales-Bales
14-04-23, 16:00
Don't forget, that's also the time the crowds came back.

Eddie served me breakfast once, nice fella :thumbup:

Tuerto
14-04-23, 16:52
Don't forget, that's also the time the crowds came back.

Eddie served me breakfast once, nice fella :thumbup:

There's a whole chapter in his book about the time he served you a full English :hehe:

Wales-Bales
14-04-23, 17:12
There's a whole chapter in his book about the time he served you a full English :hehe:I'm surprised by that cos I didn't even mention Cardiff City, we chatted about other stuff. :glasses:

Jordi Culé
14-04-23, 19:30
I'm surprised by that cos I didn't even mention Cardiff City, we chatted about other stuff. :glasses:

Winston Churchill quotes by chance?

tforturton
15-04-23, 09:58
What's his name? Eddie May! What's his name? EDDIE MAY!
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie May....

pipster
15-04-23, 10:43
By far my fav time supporting the city ( it was just the right time for me, right age, the music, the fashion, the football and the freedom )

we really were dreaming big back then and loving every moment of it

He used to frequent the Beverly on Cathedral road as his partner used to live around the corner. Met him a couple of times, lovely fella, lovable old rogue (in a nice way)

splott parker
15-04-23, 12:34
He used to frequent the Beverly on Cathedral road as his partner used to live around the corner. Met him a couple of times, lovely fella, lovable old rogue (in a nice way)

Loveable old rogue sums him up beautifully. If you hadn’t known him through football and heard him talking in a Cardiff pub you’d most probably build a pen picture of him being a dodgy Cockney ‘hiding’ in South Wales from his iffy past:hehe:

life on mars
15-04-23, 15:28
Hero . Real City man

Wales-Bales
15-04-23, 15:28
He used to frequent the Beverly on Cathedral road as his partner used to live around the corner. Met him a couple of times, lovely fella, lovable old rogue (in a nice way)They had a B&B in Cathedral Road where I stayed for a few days, and that's where I met him.

bluemoon
15-04-23, 16:53
loved eddie, great memories, and on the last day at ninian managed to have a nice long chat and a pic with him, great fella

blue matt
15-04-23, 23:03

Yea, Ive had a few chats with him in the Bev

always had time for a chat