PDA

View Full Version : The Huddersfield game: West Germany v Austria

Armitage Shanks
20-04-23, 05:28
If the results on the Saturday go to plan for both Huddersfield and ourselves. Could be game on the Sunday be like the infamous Espana 82 game.
In view mainly of the Warnock factor. He doesn't want to relegate Cardiff and Cardiff don't want to relegate a Neil Warnock team.

Carl Dale's Mole
20-04-23, 06:09
I was thinking the complete opposite. I thought both sides would want to relegate the **** out of each other.

Harry Lime
20-04-23, 06:22
If the results on the Saturday go to plan for both Huddersfield and ourselves. Could be game on the Sunday be like the infamous Espana 82 game.
In view mainly of the Warnock factor. He doesn't want to relegate Cardiff and Cardiff don't want to relegate a Neil Warnock team.

Also crossed my mind last night. The final 5 minutes of the Reading promotion game was a bit like that too.

IanD
20-04-23, 06:23
Huddersfield have Reading last match of the season so, I can't see our match v Huddersfield being anything other than competitive.

Eric the Half a Bee
20-04-23, 06:25

Very few of the current squad played under Warnock or knew him from his time here. Why we wouldn't want to relegate Warnock's Huddersfield is utterly mystifying. Each team for their own, whatever it takes to stay up and if it meant relegating another side, so what. I'm sure Huddersfield would feel the same, along with the other strugglers.

Harry Paget Flashman
20-04-23, 06:35
With both sides used to having 25% possession, who’ll have the other 50%?

Bobby Dandruff
20-04-23, 07:01

Lol

Jordi Culé
20-04-23, 07:15
Very few of the current squad played under Warnock or knew him from his time here. Why we wouldn't want to relegate Warnock's Huddersfield is utterly mystifying. Each team for their own, whatever it takes to stay up and if it meant relegating another side, so what. I'm sure Huddersfield would feel the same, along with the other strugglers.

Be great if City relegate Warnock and just to watch Sludge spontaneously combust online.

blue matt
20-04-23, 07:23
I was thinking the complete opposite. I thought both sides would want to relegate the **** out of each other.

Exactly, this is professional football

bobh
20-04-23, 07:28

Seagulls, angels, clouds...

Hilts
20-04-23, 07:30
There is absolutely zero chance of this.

Huddersfields next game is the one against us.

So they will be below us in the table whatever happens. Why would they be happy with a point.?

blue matt
20-04-23, 07:58
The final 5 minutes of the Reading promotion game was a bit like that too.

It felt alot longer than 5 mins :hehe:

Harry Lime
20-04-23, 08:03
There is absolutely zero chance of this.

Huddersfields next game is the one against us.

So they will be below us in the table whatever happens. Why would they be happy with a point.?
True, I didn't realise it was their next game. Unusual to have the best part of 2 weeks rest at this stage of the season.

Harry Lime
20-04-23, 08:05
It felt alot longer than 5 mins :hehe:

Didn't it just. I think I got sunburnt that day although it could have just been blood pressure

Dorcus
20-04-23, 08:14
Didn't it just. I think I got sunburnt that day although it could have just been blood pressure

And Fulham were constantly on my mind.

North Cardiff Blue
20-04-23, 08:42

He'll fancy his chances, I expect Alsopp to be surrounded at corners, it's not going to be pretty.

North Cardiff Blue
20-04-23, 08:49
Warnock
"I'd fancy staying on next season if I were 20 years younger. I only work February, March and April now," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

Rjk
20-04-23, 08:57

Huddersfield aren't playing Saturday

North Cardiff Blue
20-04-23, 09:30
Huddersfield aren't playing Saturday

Yes, they play Sheffield United on 4th May four days before the final game, but will they be promoted and saving themselves for a cup final by then?

Eric the Half a Bee
20-04-23, 10:01
Yes, they play Sheffield United on 4th May four days before the final game, but will they be promoted and saving themselves for a cup final by then?

No and no.

Eric the Half a Bee
20-04-23, 10:06
If there's one side I'd like to see go down, other than QPR as they always seem to beat us, it's Huddersfield.

Nothing to do with Warnock, but to settle a 98-year-old score after losing the league title to them. We should lobby the FA to adopt goal difference respectively, meaning we would have won the league! :hehe:

Canton Kev
20-04-23, 10:07
No and no.

Sheffield Utd are 7pts clear of Luton and 8 clear of Boro with both only having 3 games left. They’ll likely be promoted this weekend.

They probably won’t be in the final but they’ll almost certainly be promoted by the time they play Huddersfield.

Undercoverinwurzelland
20-04-23, 10:28
We should lobby the FA to adopt goal difference respectively, meaning we would have won the league! :hehe: Vinnie's lawyers are on now you've suggested it 😁

NYCBlue
20-04-23, 10:39
If there's one side I'd like to see go down, other than QPR as they always seem to beat us, it's Huddersfield.

Nothing to do with Warnock, but to settle a 98-year-old score after losing the league title to them. We should lobby the FA to adopt goal difference respectively, meaning we would have won the league! :hehe:

Our goal difference was the same. We did score 1 more goal than them though. In the head to head, we lost and drew. Not sure what would happen these days.

Des Parrot
20-04-23, 11:31
Seagulls, angels, clouds...

row Z

Taunton Blue Genie
20-04-23, 11:45
row Z

Or even AA.

Pedro de la Rosa
20-04-23, 11:48
Our goal difference was the same. We did score 1 more goal than them though. In the head to head, we lost and drew. Not sure what would happen these days.

We'd have won the league on goals scored if that happened today :thumbup:

Father Dougal
20-04-23, 22:34

Will be a tough couple of weeks for warnock. We know cardiff are his type of people. But Huddersfield are also his type of people unfortunately for us Then his own team Sheffield United who are his type of people as he is one of them.

At least Huddersfield finish v reading, and reading definitely aren't warnocks type of people.