View Full Version : FT: ROTHERHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Pages : [1] 2

Michael Morris
23-04-23, 11:22
Thursday 27th April, 2023. ko 8:00pm
Live on Sky Sports

The re-arranged game after the 🌧️ 🌧️ 🌧️ washed out the first attempt.

Match Officials:

Referee: OLIVER LANGFORD
Assistants: Shaun Hudson and Mark Dwyer
Fourth Official : Matthew Donohue

Sunnysideup
23-04-23, 11:55
I’m looking forward to Thursday 🙏⚽️

IanD
23-04-23, 12:39
"You only swim when your losing".

Monster munch
23-04-23, 14:16
Feels odd playing on a Thursday. Looking forward to it though.

Maurice Swan
23-04-23, 14:38
Worryingly......by my law of averages, Rotherham are due a win....

UNDERHILL1927
23-04-23, 16:03
Rain rain go away come again another day (15 minute spell)

BLUETIT
23-04-23, 16:03
Is it the same ref as before ?

The Lone Gunman
23-04-23, 16:43

It is.

splott parker
23-04-23, 17:10

Jacques Cousteau.

Eric the Half a Bee
23-04-23, 22:44
Feels odd playing on a Thursday. Looking forward to it though.

It is a bit odd playing on a Thursday. This will be only the 30th occasion where we've played a league game on a Thursday, with Christmas/New Year games making up 17 of the 29 played so far.

Our last Thursday match took place last season - an inspirational 0-0 away draw with fellow-initialled CCFCers Coventry. The last time we played a league game on a Thursday at a different time of the season was in 1994, when Phil Stant and Paul Millar from the spot beat Bournemouth 2-1. We survived that season in the third tier, just. Looking back at the records, between March 12th and May 7th we played 19 games, including two legs of a Welsh cup semi against the Jacks. The Bournemouth game was a part of a 9 game run in just 18 days and was the 3rd league game in 5 days.

We've won 7, drawn 9 and lost 13 on a Thursday in the league, scoring 27, conceding 40.

We have twice played playoff games on a Thursday, losing at home to West Ham but winning at Fulham.

poc
24-04-23, 07:44
It is a bit odd playing on a Thursday. This will be only the 30th occasion where we've played a league game on a Thursday, with Christmas/New Year games making up 17 of the 29 played so far.

Our last Thursday match took place last season - an inspirational 0-0 away draw with fellow-initialled CCFCers Coventry. The last time we played a league game on a Thursday at a different time of the season was in 1994, when Phil Stant and Paul Millar from the spot beat Bournemouth 2-1. We survived that season in the third tier, just. Looking back at the records, between March 12th and May 7th we played 19 games, including two legs of a Welsh cup semi against the Jacks. The Bournemouth game was a part of a 9 game run in just 18 days and was the 3rd league game in 5 days.

We've won 7, drawn 9 and lost 13 on a Thursday in the league, scoring 27, conceding 40.

We have twice played playoff games on a Thursday, losing at home to West Ham but winning at Fulham.

i seem to remember a game away to gillingham on a thursday ?

SuperBluebirds91
24-04-23, 08:09
There is nothing to change from the pre match comment I made for the past 2 games which was something like - City - just get a result, anything will do - a point or a win. Just get something from the game.

Maurice Swan
24-04-23, 08:51
WHY ARE WE playing on a Thursday instead of the usual Tuesday or Wednesday? Gives less time to rest afterwards before Huddersfield.

the other bob wilson
24-04-23, 09:12
WHY ARE WE playing on a Thursday instead of the usual Tuesday or Wednesday? Gives less time to rest afterwards before Huddersfield.

Television, Sky are advertising their great ten EFL matches in ten days feature. It started yesterday. Luton v Middlesbrough today.

Rjk
24-04-23, 09:48
I think Rotherham is our best chance to wrap it up - we know we can play well against them, and we will be considerably less fresh than Huddersfield in the next game, and I fully expect Burnley to thrash us

The Lone Gunman
24-04-23, 10:25

Playing Thursday and Sunday is no different to playing Wednesday and Saturday. In fact, it gives the team an extra day to recover from last Saturday’s exertions (if they can be described as such).

Rjk
24-04-23, 10:41
Playing Thursday and Sunday is no different to playing Wednesday and Saturday. In fact, it gives the team an extra day to recover from last Saturday’s exertions (if they can be described as such).

playing Wednesday and Saturday isn't ideal either, I'm sure Raymond Verhaijen (spelling is probably very wrong) used to go on about the importance of having more than 2 rest days between matches, it was something like teams with 3 rest days are 30% more likely to win than teams with 2 rest days.
ok he was a bit of a gobshite in general but seemed convincing about this matter

Dave Blue
24-04-23, 11:20
How about using the subs more, especially when we have a pacy youngster on the bench and our striker looks like he can’t put one foot in front of the other?

Bobby Dandruff
24-04-23, 13:09
Live on Sky Sports

Match Officials:

Hudson and Dwyer are the linos.

Surely an omen?

UNDERHILL1927
24-04-23, 13:49
I think Rotherham is our best chance to wrap it up - we know we can play well against them, and we will be considerably less fresh than Huddersfield in the next game, and I fully expect Burnley to thrash us

Agreed, you know Warnock will get a result so go all out for the win Thursday. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

splott parker
24-04-23, 17:07
Hudson and Dwyer are the linos.

Surely an omen?

:thumbup:The ref’s a Bonny choice as well.

Former Labour leader
24-04-23, 18:55
Have got to go to a meeting Thursday evening. Cannot get out it but I know where my mind will be.

tforturton
24-04-23, 19:41
Is this game on City TV? No sign of it at the moment, but it's not a Saturday 3pm, after all.

The Lone Gunman
24-04-23, 20:42
Is this game on City TV? No sign of it at the moment, but it's not a Saturday 3pm, after all.

It’s live on Sky. Does that make a difference to the club coverage maybe?

Pedro de la Rosa
24-04-23, 21:41
It’s live on Sky. Does that make a difference to the club coverage maybe?

Yes, I don't think they're allowed to show it.

Hilts
25-04-23, 08:18
I think both sides would be delighted with a draw.

Taunton Blue Genie
25-04-23, 11:51
Jacques Cousteau.

Is Rotherham a bit of dive?

splott parker
25-04-23, 12:19
Is Rotherham a bit of dive?

I wonder when we’ll use our subs:getscoat:

Vindec
25-04-23, 13:46
It's on the Sky red button.

BLUETIT
25-04-23, 14:05

Let’s hope the sky’s not cloudy, as you won’t be able to see anything

The Lone Gunman
25-04-23, 14:13

It’s not. It’s on Sky Sports Football, Main Event and Ultra HDR.

Vindec
25-04-23, 16:08

Thanks. I had assumed it was on the red button as Cardiff are on Sky Main Event on Sunday and didn't think they would be on the main channel two matches running.

TWGL1
25-04-23, 18:03
I think both sides would be delighted with a draw.

I reckon so as well

The Lone Gunman
25-04-23, 18:09
Thanks. I had assumed it was on the red button as Cardiff are on Sky Main Event on Sunday and didn't think they would be on the main channel two matches running.

Come on Vinny, be fair, City are pure box office these days and Sky know it.

:hehe:

Father Dougal
25-04-23, 18:38
I reckon so as well

Absolutely. 2 points from next 2 games mathematically makes us safe and nothing else matters.

Even if we do beat Rotherham we still need a point v Huddersfield. And if we draw v Rotherham it's the same. So assuming reading beat Wigan a win or draw doesn't that make that much difference. Although win preferable!

Father Dougal
25-04-23, 18:50
Absolutely. 2 points from next 2 games mathematically makes us safe and nothing else matters.

Even if we do beat Rotherham we still need a point v Huddersfield. And if we draw v Rotherham it's the same. So assuming reading beat Wigan a win or draw doesn't that make that much difference. Although win preferable!

Actually we could still go down with a heavy defeat at Burnley with 2 draws now.

Could be

Reading 49
Huddersfield 48
Cardiff 48

So actually 2 draws not enough we do need 4 points from next 2 games!

tforturton
25-04-23, 19:22
Ah, that's good. There will be loads of streams available.

IanD
25-04-23, 19:27
Ah, that's good. There will be loads of streams available.
Mainly filling the pitch if it rains again.

Michael Morris
25-04-23, 20:20
Actually we could still go down with a heavy defeat at Burnley with 2 draws now.

Could be

Reading 49
Huddersfield 48
Cardiff 48

So actually 2 draws not enough we do need 4 points from next 2 games!

Or just beat Huddersfield. So 3 points (as long as it's Huddersfield we beat).

Something at Rotherham may well be enough. Smart money is seeing us staying up.

Der Kaiser
25-04-23, 22:05

Reading are getting 1 point from their last 2, so fear not we won't be needing any points.

blue matt
25-04-23, 22:12
Reading are getting 1 point from their last 2, so fear not we won't be needing any points.

I have reading to win both games

IanD
26-04-23, 08:22
Great. Met Office currently has 90% chance of heavy rain in Rotherham from 7pm onwards. Forget pick n shovel...brolley and wellies it is. And that's just for the players.

MacAdder
26-04-23, 10:34
Great. Met Office currently has 90% chance of heavy rain in Rotherham from 7pm onwards. Forget pick n shovel...brolley and wellies it is. And that's just for the players.

I did wonder what might happen if it poured down again what the EFL would have in place as a contingency.

They should have played the game at our place after that shambolic affair.

How is it fair that players and fans should be worrying about whether the same thing might happen again :shrug:

IanD
26-04-23, 11:08
I did wonder what might happen if it poured down again what the EFL would have in place as a contingency.

How is it fair that players and fans should be worrying about whether the same thing might happen again :shrug:
May 4th? After all, if is Cardiff City and it would not suprise me if it gets postponed again. Rotherham's pitch is atrocious. Knowing our luck, it would be declared a result with Rotherham one nil up.

SuperBluebirds91
26-04-23, 11:46
May 4th? After all, if is Cardiff City and it would not suprise me if it gets postponed again. Rotherham's pitch is atrocious. Knowing our luck, it would be declared a result with Rotherham one nil up.

That would be typical! :frown:
If the same thing happens again as in - we are 1 nil up and the game is rained off - surely they will give us the result.it would not be at all fair to replay again from scratch. It’s not really very fair the first time around but again - no it would be ridiculous.

TWGL1
26-04-23, 13:15
Very generous odds for Cardiff to avoid the drop

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/event/29620738

TWGL1
26-04-23, 13:22
Very generous odds for Cardiff to avoid the drop

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/event/29620738

Edit … to be relegated

Der Kaiser
26-04-23, 14:22
I have reading to win both games

Fancy Wigan to upset the apple cart and get a 3rd win on the bounce, they seem to have hit a late season surge. Carroll banned for Reading as well who can't buy a win at the moment. Can't see how Reading pull 2 wins out of nowhere when they haven't won in 11.

IanD
26-04-23, 15:17
That would be typical! :frown:
If the same thing happens again as in - we are 1 nil up and the game is rained off - surely they will give us the result.it would not be at all fair to replay again from scratch. It’s not really very fair the first time around but again - no it would be ridiculous.
My understanding is that it's a result after 70 minutes are played.

ninian opinian
26-04-23, 16:07
Fancy Wigan to upset the apple cart and get a 3rd win on the bounce, they seem to have hit a late season surge. Carroll banned for Reading as well who can't buy a win at the moment. Can't see how Reading pull 2 wins out of nowhere when they haven't won in 11.

I was just going to post it was 2 yellows so only 1 game but you are correct as he’s already been sent off this season’ it’s a 2 game ban.

Splott-light...
27-04-23, 01:34

Duncan Goodhew

Splott-light...
27-04-23, 01:41
Mainly filling the pitch if it rains again.

nice

IanD
27-04-23, 07:50
According to Met Office, rain in Rotherham is now due to start about 4.00pm and go on until the early hours of Friday. Heavy rain during the match. Plus their sprinklers. This is going to be interesting.

Michael Morris
27-04-23, 08:39
According to Met Office, rain in Rotherham is now due to start about 4.00pm and go on until the early hours of Friday. Heavy rain during the match. Plus their sprinklers. This is going to be interesting.

OurManFlint II
27-04-23, 09:23

Agree, still think 46 is the magic number

Bald Barry Bastad
27-04-23, 10:17

With our home form I would prefer to play at their place

IanD
27-04-23, 10:36
Anyone an idea how many are going tonight?

Dave Blue
27-04-23, 10:45

3 ducks, 10 fish and a seal.

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 11:02
I will throw all of my toys out of the pram if this game turns from a win to a loss and we get relegated because of the difference in points. Waaaaay worse than the Chelsea offside and not enough paddies being thrown imo. It would be so wrong.

IanD
27-04-23, 11:08
3 ducks, 10 fish and a seal.
We'll have a whale of a time.

City123
27-04-23, 12:53
I saw on Twitter that about 900 are going

life on mars
27-04-23, 13:02
Lose tonight ?? then its all on Sunday ?

Now will see what they got as a team / squad .

If they don't get motivated for this one , they will never get up for a game , and were doomed .

Shouldn't need to be coached ,managed ,or motivated .

Former Labour leader
27-04-23, 13:43
Come on you bluebirds!
Travelling faithful deserve a performance after the abandonment.
2-0 City

the other bob wilson
27-04-23, 13:53
I put forward the theory that we’re now at a stage where we could lose our last three games yet still stay up on the Feedback section of my blog - I did also add that the last thing I wanted was for the theory to be tested mind.

City123
27-04-23, 14:10
I put forward the theory that we’re now at a stage where we could lose our last three games yet still stay up on the Feedback section of my blog - I did also add that the last thing I wanted was for the theory to be tested mind.
I saw on one of those super computers things that we now have a 4% chance of relegation so I think your theory may be right, though I think it'll be an anxious ground on Sunday if we lose tonight and Reading beat Wigan

superfeathers
27-04-23, 14:44
Players need to put last time out of their heads.
It's a cup final tonight. Win and while not mathematically, they are safe.
Lose, and it's a whole lot different.
I think Huddersfield and Burnley will beat us.

Wash DC Blue
27-04-23, 15:28
I think we are going to batter them.
3-0 City.

the other bob wilson
27-04-23, 15:52
I saw on one of those super computers things that we now have a 4% chance of relegation so I think your theory may be right, though I think it'll be an anxious ground on Sunday if we lose tonight and Reading beat Wigan

I’m uneasy about tonight, I’ve been reading City fans on social media saying that we’re clearly the better team based on the one and a half games we’ve played against them. While I agree that we were well worth our win at home and could see no other result than a City win when the half time whistle blew in the abandoned game, Rotherham are clearly capable of a lot more than they’ve shown against us so far and the law of averages says they can’t be as bad again tonight.

Wash DC Blue
27-04-23, 15:54
I’m uneasy about tonight, I’ve been reading City fans on social media saying that we’re clearly the better team based on the one and a half games we’ve played against them. While I agree that we were well worth our win at home and could see no other result than a City win when the half time whistle blew in the abandoned game, Rotherham are clearly capable of a lot more than they’ve shown against us so far and the law of averages says they can’t be as bad again tonight.

I just think that we will be fired up and hopefully get out of the blocks earlier than we have been.

logic
27-04-23, 15:57

Can only control what we can control.

Team will know we were easily handling Rotherham before, will have the motivation of the debacle before.

My only concern will be another cancelled game, heavy rain, Rotherham have been training on the pitch as training facilities being worked on. We know if the rain comes down, Rotherham will do little work unless they are winning. I doubt that EFL would look kindly on a repeat of last time.

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 16:08
It is interesting isn't it. I have posted here previously that looking at the law of averages, Rotherham have won less games overall than teams around them (as have Huddersfield...), and so are due a win. However, one can also deduce that Rotherham have lost LESS games at home than the teams around them...so are due a home defeat....or at least not win again.....

cyril evans awaydays
27-04-23, 16:20

I am the same as you. Done two similar games before. The first a group of us went up with Tim Johnson to watch Celtic play Rapid Vienna in the old ECWC in 1984. Celtic spanked them 3-0 but because someone lobbed a bottle out of the Jungle missing a Rapid player, UEFA got the game replayed and when we went to the replayed game in Old Trafford they lost 1-0.

The snowgate game I was walking up to Pride Park when the stewards walking the other way told me it was off. Long way for a Burger King and chips then back a few weeks later for a Cameron Jerome spanking.

Will stay at home for this one and hope for better luck!

North Cardiff Blue
27-04-23, 16:24

It's too close to Sunday and gives Huddersfield a big advantage the whole thing stinks!

Because of that we just have to win tonight!

Sunnysideup
27-04-23, 17:56
Waiting on the team selection
Please if there is a God no Ojo 🙏

Michael Morris
27-04-23, 18:01
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuvTT4IXoAAlrRY?format=jpg&name=large

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 18:03
Waiting on the team selection
Please if there is a God no Ojo 🙏

Alnwick; McGuinness, Ng, Kipre; Romeo, O'Dowda, Ralls (c), Wintle, Philogene; Kaba Etete

...there must be....

Sunnysideup
27-04-23, 18:04
Just saw this on twitter Mike
Ojo on the bench
Thank goodness for small mercies
I’m happy with the lineup
Definitely our strongest team
C’mon City ⚽️⚽️⚽️

tforturton
27-04-23, 18:05
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuvTT4IXoAAlrRY?format=jpg&name=large
Much as expected.

Sunnysideup
27-04-23, 18:05
What’s your opinion Maurice?
I’ve just cracked open a cold one
Roll on eight o’clock 🕗

bluemoon
27-04-23, 18:09
hoping for about 2 or 3 nil... and by half time lol...

if we dont get that ball in the net early on i think it will go down to a cat fight, the boys have to be pumped and out the blocks on this 1

PontBlue
27-04-23, 18:15
2 changes for us from the abandoned game; 5 changes for them.

Sunnysideup
27-04-23, 18:17
Alsop has cost us more than a few goals lately so his injury couldn’t have come at a better time
Alnwick hopefully grabs his chance

It would be great walking down to the stadium on Sunday knowing we’re already staying up 🙏

2b2bdoo
27-04-23, 18:21
Thought Sawyers might have started, thought he controlled the abandoned half.

Sunnysideup
27-04-23, 18:25
I thought he’d start as well
Sawyer’s off the bench with Rino Wickham and Harris I’m happy with 👍

AlwaysFeelinBlue
27-04-23, 18:29
2-1 city for me with us scoring in 30 mins, them 70 mins and us a 85 min goal somehow from a rebound or something knowing our luck!

UNDERHILL1927
27-04-23, 18:42
0-4 City. Into the ****ers

Whisperer
27-04-23, 18:57
No mention of the abandon game by Sky, just painted out of the script.

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 19:00
Why DO we have to win that dreary grey kit when colours do not clash........

UNDERHILL1927
27-04-23, 19:08
Diving prick Hugill

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 19:10
Diving prick Hugill

..he had lost control and out of puff....

bluemoon
27-04-23, 19:13
yeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssss

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 19:15
Now DO NOT sit back....

Alan Lung
27-04-23, 19:15
Why DO we have to win that dreary grey kit when colours do not clash........

Contractual obligations with the kit manufacturer, no?

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 19:18
I can't see us NOT scoring again against that defence....

Whisperer
27-04-23, 19:18
Get your sprinklers on get your sprinklers on

The Bloop
27-04-23, 19:20
Sing when it's raining, you only sing when it's raining🙂 🌧

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
27-04-23, 19:22
we should hammer these kents

WJ99mobile
27-04-23, 19:23
Etete looks like a different player from the start of the season.

Quicker stronger and a bit of a menace.

His progress is immense

Rjk
27-04-23, 19:24
those type of balls into the box from ng have been pretty fruitful lately

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
27-04-23, 19:24
this ref is a right fanny

bluemoon
27-04-23, 19:25
haha city fans with snorkels and goggles on :hehe:

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 19:26
How is that not a foul and yellow for pulling Philogene??

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 19:27
This ref thinks he’s “letting them play” but he’s just letting them foul.

Taffy Blue in Berkshire

this ref is sh1t

The Bloop

And for the same on Etete a minute later

Maurice Swan
Etete needs to release the ball quicker...

Optimistic Nick

Unbelievable. This ref is a wanker. He's a fat little ****er too

WJ99mobile
27-04-23, 19:28
Jesus this referee must have lost his whistle

PontBlue
27-04-23, 19:28
Refs a joke

J R Hartley
27-04-23, 19:29
I wish Etete would release the ****ing the ball
So frustrating

Maurice Swan
Kaba just had to dink that....

Father Dougal
Something isn't right here. This is some of the most blatant cheating by a ref I have seen. Something very dodgy going on!

Anybody would think we annoyed the EFL with our comments re the postponement and they want to make us pay......

Optimistic Nick
That should have been 2

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
27-04-23, 19:31
That should have been 2

should have done better

Maurice Swan
Alnwick is all over the place in the six yard box....every time...

Optimistic Nick
Do we practice defending corners? Ever?

Joe Gillis
27-04-23, 19:33
Do we practice defending corners? Ever?

Another q, has McGuiness ever won a header from one?

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 19:34
What is Bamba doing...only unsettlng our own players concentration

UNDERHILL1927
27-04-23, 19:34
Bamba v Peltier celebrity boxing match up

UNDERHILL1927
27-04-23, 19:35
What is Bamba doing...only unsettlng our own players concentration

Nice to see a bit of passion

B. Oddie
Big Sol 100% just called Peltier a "fukin twat"

Baloo
Hughill’s diving is laughable.

WJ99mobile
27-04-23, 19:36

He hit it well and on target. Don’t think you can blame him

Elwood Blues
27-04-23, 19:37
And for the same on Etete a minute later

Three times Lee Hendrie on Sky has criticized the referee for not awarding us clear foul

bluemoon
27-04-23, 19:39
refs cards are glued to his pocket then springs one out for bamba..

bamba just telling it like it is...

and all that cheating a diving has paid off 1-1

J R Hartley
27-04-23, 19:39

He’s not Eric Cantona ffs

Optimistic Nick
27-04-23, 19:40
Shit

PontBlue
27-04-23, 19:40
This ref's a complete wanker. Foul on kipre missed

UNDERHILL1927
27-04-23, 19:41
This ref's a complete wanker. Foul on kipre missed

This ref is a ****ing cheat

Maurice Swan
Bad goal to give away......

bluemoon
howard webb in the stands perhaps hes coming on for this ref :hehe:

J R Hartley
Ball watching

Father Dougal
Howard Webb being in the ground as a Rotherham fan (once again) is a coincidence to this refereeing display tonight of course.....

bluemoon
the antics and the ref may just cost us big here...

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 19:43
https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/rotherham-united/view,rotherham-united-hoping-for-help-from-a-friend-in-high-places-when-it-comes_44609.htm

Hilts
27-04-23, 19:43
We are in big trouble here.

splott parker
27-04-23, 19:44
Are we being stitched up here??????? Some right iffy decisions.

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
27-04-23, 19:44
we need to wise up and show some fight, gone right off the boil

Joe Gillis
27-04-23, 19:45
Ball watching
Ng stops and appeals while the ball was still in front of him, shit depfending

The Bloop
27-04-23, 19:47
That rain looks as if its getting heavier

Optimistic Nick
27-04-23, 19:49
Pelanty!

PontBlue
27-04-23, 19:50
FFS why didn't ralls take it

Hilts
Pathetic. FFS.

Maurice Swan
oh shit give me strength...that could end up losing us four points with two missed penalties.

bluebirds17
How are we so shit at penalties

bluemoon
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for the love... i just said dont go the same way

huge miss that

nomad blue
Ffs, not again!

Carl Dale's Mole
There was not a single bone in my body that thought he was going to score that.

Optimistic Nick
Jesus Christ.

2b2bdoo
27-04-23, 19:51
Didn’t Ralls used to take them or was he missing them as well.

Taffy Blue in Berkshire

agree, he's erratic

Baloo
This is silly now. 5 penalty misses in 6 isn’t it?

The Bloop
Unbelievable Jeff (not)

Bald Barry Bastad
Ridiculous

Hilts
27-04-23, 19:52
Didn’t Ralls used to take them or was he missing them as well.

Hes not the best penalty taker either. But that was a terrible penalty.

Joe Gillis

If you've just missed one, put your foot through the next one.

J R Hartley
Absolute ****ing joke of a penalty. **** off

splott parker
27-04-23, 19:53
Why the hell did Kaba take it again???

the other bob wilson
And I suppose there are still those who think our atrocious record from the penalty spot is not costing us.

WJ99mobile
What was the commentator on about too thay it wasn’t a pen? The shirt pull carried on inside the box

Vindec
If you've just missed one, put your foot through the next one.He did. That was the problem.

Des Parrot
27-04-23, 19:55
This is silly now. 5 penalty misses in 6 isn’t it?

Robinson 2, Kaba 2 Ralls 1

Worst record of the 92

Blue blood
27-04-23, 19:56
Hes not the best penalty taker either. But that was a terrible penalty.

Ralls penalties weren’t great but, to be fair, he scored more than he missed. Kaba has had 3 now and all poor because the one he scored was lucky to go in.

goats
And I suppose there are still those who think our atrocious record from the penalty spot is not costing us.

Might well cost us big time in a few weeks

Joe Gillis
[QUOTE=Vindec;5415987]He did. That was the problem.[/QUOTE

he didn't ,that was the problem

Hilts
27-04-23, 19:57
He did. That was the problem.

No he didn't. It was a shit effort to place it high.

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
should be Sorry Kaba! missed a good chance in open play.

J R Hartley
What was the commentator on about too thay it wasn’t a pen? The shirt pull carried on inside the box

Might have been better having a free kick we are so shit at pens

the other bob wilson
27-04-23, 19:58
Rotherham outbattling us - they realise the ref is giving us nothing (penalties don’t count cos he knows we won’t score).

Grangenders
27-04-23, 19:58
A point would be an excellent result here

bluesp
27-04-23, 19:59
Apart from giving the pelanty this ref has been awful. Missed the push for their goal and let them get away with shirt pulls when he could see them!

RichardM
27-04-23, 20:01
Apart from giving the pelanty this ref has been awful. Missed the push for their goal and let them get away with shirt pulls when he could see them!

Shirt pull is putting it mildly, there was at least two rugby tackles.

goats
27-04-23, 20:03
Be a miracle if we get a point here…..

splott parker
27-04-23, 20:03
We’re being outbattled, outfought and that’s by the ref, Rotherham are doing the same.

The Lone Gunman
27-04-23, 20:04
Well at least it's entertaining...

The ref let City get away with a few blatant fouls early on and he's let Rotherham get away with plenty since. To be honest, I think he's just rubbish. Don't believe their goal should have been disallowed, though. Kipre made a right meal of that and he was never getting to the ball. Meanwhile, Ng was appealing for a foul rather than trying to stop the cross.

Joe Gillis
27-04-23, 20:05
Oh Feck, Simpson!

Hilts
FFS Simpson for O Dowda.

Maurice Swan

as I said earlier........that could end up losing us four points with two missed penalties.

Hilts
27-04-23, 20:06
Poor Romeo really has to do better there.

Maurice Swan
FFS Simpson for O Dowda.

we're doomed...

Bobby Dandruff
Well at least it's entertaining...

The ref let City get away with a few blatant fouls early on and he's let Rotherham get away with plenty since. To be honest, I think he's just rubbish. Don't believe their goal should have been disallowed, though. Kipre made a right meal of that and he was never getting to the ball. Meanwhile, Ng was appealing for a foul rather than trying to stop the cross.

Well that is just rubbish. I don’t recall us getting away with any blatant fouls and yet Philogene and Etete have been fouled and got nothing when even the co-commentators even said they were fouls.

PontBlue
27-04-23, 20:07
Could do with philogene getting involved more

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 20:08
FFS Simpson for O Dowda.

League One it is then.

WJ99mobile
27-04-23, 20:11
Simpson is fine stop giving him grief.

But it is a random sub

UNDERHILL1927
27-04-23, 20:12
If we do go down we’ve no one else to blame but ourselves

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 20:13
Simpson is fine stop giving him grief.

But it is a random sub

It’s between him and O’Dowda for Player of the Season.

splott parker
27-04-23, 20:14
Peltier being a right twat tonight.

2b2bdoo
27-04-23, 20:16
Well that is just rubbish. I don’t recall us getting away with any blatant fouls and yet Philogene and Etete have been fouled and got nothing when even the co-commentators even said they were fouls.

The one on Philogene was as clear a foul as you will see. Etete one also very obvious, he’s given us nothing.

Hilts
27-04-23, 20:17
Crap again from Romeo.

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 20:19
Ng is so good at putting his hands in the air.

The Bloop
My god, the ref saw one

Maurice Swan
Under the cosh here.....

Hilts
Another sh!t set piece

GL1Blue
27-04-23, 20:23
Peltier being a right twat tonight.

Can't believe the number of fouls he's committed that haven't been given!

bluemoon
27-04-23, 20:28
Could do with philogene getting involved more

hes not showed up so far tonight...

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
27-04-23, 20:29
sky must get these games really cheaply as they are total shite

Maurice Swan
27-04-23, 20:29
hes not showed up so far tonight...

Maybe bring Sawyers on.

2b2bdoo
27-04-23, 20:30
Kaba has been awful (I await the goal now)

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
27-04-23, 20:31
oh no balloon boy........

Grangenders
27-04-23, 20:39
Hoping both teams have settled for the draw here. But there is such an impending sense of doom about this game

splott parker
27-04-23, 20:39
sky must get these games really cheaply as they are total shite

The woman at half time said it was wonderful entertainment :shrug:

2b2bdoo
27-04-23, 20:41
Surprised Rino hasn’t come on, seems his kind of game.

Don Corleone
27-04-23, 20:42
The woman at half time said it was wonderful entertainment :shrug:

First half was entertaining, 2nd half has been awful from both sides

Joe Gillis
27-04-23, 20:42
You can always tell a crap player by how high he volleys shots over the bar from the edge of the box

Alan Lung
27-04-23, 20:43
If we do go down we’ve no one else to blame but ourselves

Well that's pretty bloody obvious.

bluesp
27-04-23, 20:44
Again we’re the better team in this game, hoping we make it pay

WJ99mobile
27-04-23, 20:46
Surely time for Sawyers Ojo and Rino now?

Optimistic Nick
27-04-23, 20:48
Get in there!

bluebirds17
27-04-23, 20:49
****ing get in

The Bloop
Get in.
To be fair we've looked more likely to score over the last 10 minutes or so

fugsyphil
Get in there!
What a finish

bluemoon
27-04-23, 20:50
geeeeeeeeeeeeeet in

2b2bdoo
27-04-23, 20:51
Get in.
To be fair we've looked more likely to score over the last 10 minutes or so

He we started to create a few opening.

Just hope we hold on now.

Joe Gillis
7 minutes

Carl Dale's Mole
I ****ing love Kipre.

No idea what the commentator’s on about, it was never offside.

bluemoon
lose this and ill lose my mind

PontBlue
27-04-23, 20:58
Justice is done

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 20:58
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Baloo
27-04-23, 20:59
Tough going that but great 3 points.

Hilts
27-04-23, 21:00
Feckin brilliant. Rotherham to me 2nd half looked happy with draw and we were more interested in the win.

J R Hartley
27-04-23, 21:01
Justice! Only one side looked like winning that the longer game went on they ran out of steam.

Never seen so much shithousong and inept refereeing.

**** off Peltier.

bluemoon
27-04-23, 21:02
sighs like admiral ackbar when the death star blew up...

WJ99mobile
27-04-23, 21:04
Tough going that but great 3 points.

Tough going in what way?

I really enjoyed the game personally

Undercoverinwurzelland
Bloody hell that table looks a lot better than it has done for a while.

MacAdder
.....and breathe!

:ayatollah:

Optimistic Nick
We were the better side there. Deserved win.

BLUEAWAY
27-04-23, 21:05
Well done team

celticknight
Tagline on Sky Sports just read "Rotherham done like a Kipre" :hehe:

tforturton
Great game. City dug in for that one.

tforturton
Great game. City dug in for that one.
Not really a great game - great result!

Taffy Blue in Berkshire
27-04-23, 21:06
massive win!

Bobby Dandruff
Live on Sky Sports

Match Officials:

Justice is served.

They were terrible and we were slightly less terrible but made the better chances.

The ref was awful.

Jonezy17
Kipre is a hero, sign him up next year!!!

2b2bdoo
27-04-23, 21:07
Deserved win in the end, that is surely enough to keep us up.

Bobby Dandruff
27-04-23, 21:08

And play him up front.

Heathblue
27-04-23, 21:09
Sat in a boozer in Hinckley, a celebratory pint just gotten 😁

splott parker
27-04-23, 21:09

We’ll be looking at better quality for our promotion push:hide:

Wash DC Blue
27-04-23, 21:10
Well that was a mighty relief.
I was on the phone with a client when Kipre scored and through injury time.
Not sure if I quite kept my composure!

Carl Dale's Mole
27-04-23, 21:14
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/gIUeuIrlyg">pic.twitter.com/gIUeuIrlyg</a></p>&mdash; Cardiff City FC (@CardiffCityFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/status/1651692512992538624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hilts
27-04-23, 21:15
We battled really well tonight. Joe Ralls has been immense last month and the side kept going. We were looking for the win a great run from Romeo trying to get on the end of a Ralls through ball last 15.

I cant imagine Peltier doing that.

You could see the passion when that goal went in. Great to see.

Optimistic Nick
27-04-23, 21:15
Good to hear the manager say etete should have scored at the end. He's right.

That was a really excellent finish to win it tho

Pearcey3
27-04-23, 21:23
Well done on staying up. Very pleased for you. Please do us a favour on Sunday.

CopenhagenBlue
27-04-23, 21:24
Etete was our man of the match, but a great battling performance, and as mentioned by others Ralls stepped up. Other stand out for me was McGuinness. He's taken a fair amount of flack, plenty of which has been deserved, but that was a really good performance from him tonight, think he got the assist for the winner too no?

ninian opinian
27-04-23, 21:25
City’s social media https://twitter.com/cardiffcityfc/status/1651692512992538624?s=46&t=5XvNdsdmLTsVTx09ZSEfIA

Have that!!!

Undercoverinwurzelland
27-04-23, 21:27
Enjoy https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12867901/rotherham-v-cardiff-hls

Father Dougal
27-04-23, 21:30
Well done on staying up. Very pleased for you. Please do us a favour on Sunday.

Not quite job done yet. Heavy defeat at Burnley and warnock doing a job could yet send us down (sorry to everyone else for being "that guy") but I just don't want ANY possibility of us going down as we go into the last day.......

ToTaL ITK
27-04-23, 21:31
great win...those that scored won't be with us next season tho

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-04-23, 21:34
Great result

This season has been shocking

But on the lighter side of the news the jacks will be in misery

MacAdder
27-04-23, 21:40
great win...those that scored won't be with us next season tho

:facepalm:

Just enjoy the night ffs :hehe:

Des Parrot
27-04-23, 21:43
Not quite job done yet. Heavy defeat at Burnley and warnock doing a job could yet send us down (sorry to everyone else for being "that guy") but I just don't want ANY possibility of us going down as we go into the last day.......

:hehe: I’ve just spent 15 minutes studying all of the options and like you say there are still results that can go against us. Not losing against Colin will do it.