PDA

View Full Version : What kind of reception will warnock get Sunday?

Father Dougal
27-04-23, 22:02
Last time he came here with Middlesbrough he got an absolutely huge hero welcome. Cardiff fans chanted his name even during the game and celebrated with him after his team had turned us over 2 0.

Very unique circumstances as it was mick mccarthy last game of course.

I wonder if he will get another heroes welcome on Sunday or if a more neutral response this time?

J R Hartley
27-04-23, 22:06
He will get a good reception no doubt. There’s still many Colin bummers amongst our fan base, there are plenty on this message board.

Sickening how people still fall for his bullshit.

The Lone Gunman
27-04-23, 22:07
Of course he will. Sadly.

JamesWales
27-04-23, 22:08
He will get a good reception from me.

Hilts
27-04-23, 22:09
I think he will be largely ignored this time.

Dave Blue
27-04-23, 22:11
A manager that took us from nowhere to the PL and almost stayed there. Of course he will get applauded as must normal fans - the huge majority, those that don’t live on here - appreciate what he did.

Alfresco
27-04-23, 22:12

And me, the bloke took me to places I only dreamt of. There are some right but jobs on here

Sunnysideup
27-04-23, 22:13
I’ll be waiting outside the main reception for the Hudders team coach and hopefully Neil will have a signed photo left in his fanny bag to give me lol 😂

Trigger
27-04-23, 22:15
A good reception from me, one of our best.

I hope he goes home upset though.

Father Dougal
27-04-23, 22:16
I think he will be largely ignored this time.

I agree. Last time was first time back. He left a little unexpectedly and it was maybe or 8th or 9th defeat in a row with Mick stubbornly playing 5 centre backs. His team winning felt like a relief at the time as surely that meant mick would finally get sacked (and he was). It was the perfect storm.

A lot has changed since then and the game is more important (assuming reading beat wigan)

Splott-light...
27-04-23, 22:21
i'll be sat in my house blowing raspberries every time the camera pans on to him, may even shake my fist sometimes too, just to add a little variation

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-04-23, 22:25
It's great that we are virtually safe tonight

I hope we win to ensure safety or at least get a point

We need to cheer on the team and get them over the line

Then at the end of the game thank the players

If some people want to wave at Neil Warnock that's fine , I think he was a great manager for us but at the end of the game I will naff off home

cyril evans awaydays
27-04-23, 22:26
i'll be sat in my house blowing raspberries every time the camera pans on to him, may even shake my fist sometimes too, just to add a little variation

Everyone loves a Warnock euphemism!

Michael Morris
27-04-23, 22:27
Huddersfield have a lot more to be fearful of than we do.

Thankfully we are starting this game with a laissez-faire attitude.

We will be totally safe if Reading don't win on Saturday. But we can put a **** or two into Huddersfield on Sunday. They are the team now in despair.

The set of results needed to send us down is outrageous. We are not sweating now.

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-04-23, 22:31
Huddersfield have a lot more to be fearful of than we do.

Thankfully we are starting this game with a laissez-faire attitude.

We will be totally safe if Reading don't win on Saturday. But we can put a **** or two into Huddersfield on Sunday. They are the team now in despair.

The set of results needed to send us down is outrageous. We are not sweating now.

Speak for yourself

I had a chicken jalfrezi earlier and the chef had a free for all with the chilli 🌶

JamesWales
27-04-23, 22:32
Speak for yourself

I had a chicken jalfrezi earlier and the chef had a free for all with the chilli 🌶
😂

az city
27-04-23, 22:33

No surprise there, Jimbo.

He's a self-oriented Tory Brexit dino.

The Lone Gunman
27-04-23, 22:37
And me, the bloke took me to places I only dreamt of.

Those places being?

NYCBlue
27-04-23, 22:43
Those places being?

Embargo. Sounds exotic doesn't it?

JamesWales
27-04-23, 22:45

Bore off for god's sake!

He took us up to the Premier League. But yeah, he seems like a decent down to earth and likeable bloke too.

dml1954
27-04-23, 22:56

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with his abilities as a football manager.

WJ99mobile
27-04-23, 22:59
Bore off for god's sake!

He took us up to the Premier League. But yeah, he seems like a decent down to earth and likeable bloke too.

It’s like it’s obligatory to hate him. Absolutely stupid.

Give him a clap and let’s turn the guy over.

It’s like seeing a ex co-worker in the street and spitting on them as you pass as it’s the done thing.

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-04-23, 23:02
All of which has absolutely nothing to do with his abilities as a football manager.

Politically warnock is an absolute Thatcher loving tory terwatt

Great manager though

blue matt
27-04-23, 23:02
He will get a good reception no doubt. There’s still many Colin bummers amongst our fan base, there are plenty on this message board.

We are his kind of people though, whats not to love about him

I would love nothing more than him getting a load of abuse and us winning 4 nil

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-04-23, 23:06

I want us to win and play well

Der Kaiser
27-04-23, 23:07

To be fair, I think he'd enjoy that.

JamesWales
27-04-23, 23:07
At the end of the day, there is little benefit in being a prick and he seems a decent, friendly man reaching the end of his career, which included taking us to the Premier League in 2018 - something that meant far more to me than we went up in red.

I'll be watching with my kids. I will explain to them who Neil Warnock is and that he was our manager and the idea of standing there and booing or something like that is preposterous

Give him the respect he deserves, then try and get three points before enjoying the rest of the bank holiday weekend. Simple!

City123
27-04-23, 23:09

The reaction he got against Boro was cringeworthy and embarassing, I ended up feeling sorry for Mick!

Warnock's a tw*t who had a large part to play in our downfall but like you say people fall for his bullshit

blue matt
27-04-23, 23:13
Warnock's a tw*t who had a large part to play in our downfall but like you say people fall for his bullshit

We are his type of people though

blue matt
27-04-23, 23:18
Give him the respect he deserves

Does he deserve respect ? ? he doesnt respect the game

I would love nothing more than to win and Reading to win against them

the guy is a conman, robbing the game ( unless you are USG )

Rjk
27-04-23, 23:20
I hope we send them down.
Warnock is entertaining in his own way but I think it'd be good for us to see him fail

like lancing a boil

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-04-23, 23:20
We are his type of people though

He genuinely loved Cardiff City

He lived in Ogmore by Sea near Bridgend next door to my mate

He was gutted when it came to an end

blue matt
27-04-23, 23:23
He genuinely loved Cardiff City

He lived in Ogmore by Sea near Bridgend next door to my mate

He was gutted when it came to an end

Im sorry to tell you He says that rubbish at every club he goes

He is currently telling the people of Huddersfield they are his type of people

Eric the Half a Bee
27-04-23, 23:25
I hope we send them down.
Warnock is entertaining in his own way but I think it'd be good for us to see him fail

like lancing a boil

Hear here.

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-04-23, 23:38
Im sorry to tell you He says that rubbish at every club he goes

He is currently telling the people of Huddersfield they are his type of people

My mate lived next door to him , they would chat over the hedge

Warnock loved living here and really loved managing CCFC

Never mind the nonsense in press interviews

Father Dougal
27-04-23, 23:41

Sure he did but he also loved Rotherham etc...... think he just loves being involved in football really. Hardly a revelation I know!

TWGL1
28-04-23, 05:13

I’ll be cheering him on just for what he accomplished with us footballing wise. Off the field issues are not my concern. I think 99% of the supporters will do the same . He’s very popular with City fans I know.

SLUDGE FACTORY
28-04-23, 05:43
I’ll be cheering him on just for what he accomplished with us footballing wise. Off the field issues are not my concern. I think 99% of the supporters will do the same . He’s very popular with City fans I know.

My sister lived in the same village as him when he managed plymouth

He tried to give my nephew a plymouth badge but he told him he was a Cardiff fan and warnock had a laugh with him

I don't like his way of doing things but he gets results on the pitch and people were not complaining when he was pulling up trees for us

splott parker
28-04-23, 05:45

His dodgy dealings have gone a long way to creating our off the field issues, affecting the club from the bottom to the top. Our off the field issues have caused the on the field issues, the two can’t be separated.

TWGL1
28-04-23, 05:55
His dodgy dealings have gone a long way to creating our off the field issues, affecting the club from the bottom to the top. Our off the field issues have caused the on the field issues, the two can’t be separated.

They can for me (during a game) and it’s clear they can for the majority judging by the reception he received last season.

EastbourneBlue
28-04-23, 06:21
Last time he came here with Middlesbrough he got an absolutely huge hero welcome. Cardiff fans chanted his name even during the game and celebrated with him after his team had turned us over 2 0.

Very unique circumstances as it was mick mccarthy last game of course.

I wonder if he will get another heroes welcome on Sunday or if a more neutral response this time?

The Warnock promotion season was one of the best ever. Give the guy a bit of love. And they will.

The Bloop
28-04-23, 06:46
Getting us to the Premier League from where we were when he joined was a fantastic achievement and wont be forgotten.
Equally however though, he should also be remembered for not leaving when he should have, and for being financially irresponsible with money.
Give him a warm reception at the start, then I hope they get stuffed and that the officials really piss him off.

North Cardiff Blue
28-04-23, 07:02
Getting us to the Premier League from where we were when he joined was a fantastic achievement and wont be forgotten.
Equally however though, he should also be remembered for not leaving when he should have, and for being financially irresponsible with money.
Give him a warm reception at the start, then I hope they get stuffed and that the officials really piss him off.

When Warnock took over we were dropping and it looked like we could go down, 18 months later we were promoted.

When Hudson took over we were dropping and looked like we could go down, thankfully we sacked him and just missed out on relegation by a couple of points, thanks to Sabri.

Clap him, then try and smash his team and send him down, although I think he will know how to beat us, he's a top manager, and he'll probably keep them up now.

JumpersforGoalposts
28-04-23, 07:31
It'll be a warm welcome from me for our second PL adventure. Always been a bit of a fan of his enthusiasm, his "warts and all" outbursts and of course having the second best anagram in football.

goats
28-04-23, 07:32

A rare kind, managed to work under Tan and be a success…..the only one to date?

The Bloop
28-04-23, 07:33
It'll be a warm welcome from me for our second PL adventure. Always been a bit of a fan of his enthusiasm, his "warts and all" outbursts and of course having the second best anagram in football.

and the first is....?

Undercoverinwurzelland
28-04-23, 07:36
They were the best of times, they were the worst of times.

superfeathers
28-04-23, 07:39
He'll get a great reception and so he should. He took us from nailed on relegation to getting promoted in a season.

If he stayed too long then that's the boards fault.
If he was out of his depth trying to build a team to stay in the PL then again, that's the boards fault.

I'm glad that we've moved on now and I'm glad that we went with Sabri to keep us up than going back to Warnock, but not going to pretend we didnt have some great times when he was here

The Lone Gunman
28-04-23, 08:12
A rare kind, managed to work under Tan and be a success…..the only one to date?

Malky Mackay won the Championship under Tan. I’d say that was a success.

Bald Barry Bastad
28-04-23, 08:17
It's great that we are virtually safe tonight

I hope we win to ensure safety or at least get a point

We need to cheer on the team and get them over the line

Then at the end of the game thank the players

If some people want to wave at Neil Warnock that's fine , I think he was a great manager for us but at the end of the game I will naff off home
The thing is we aren't safe. We need to beat Huddersfield. We don't want to find ourselves losing to Burnley and Reading are winning. Plus sending Warnock down would be enjoyable.

Hilts
28-04-23, 08:19
The thing is we aren't safe. We need to beat Huddersfield. We don't want to find ourselves losing to Burnley and Reading are winning. Plus sending Warnock down would be enjoyable.

A point and we are mathematicaly safe. Its not just Reading though. QPR Rotherham and Huddersfield would still have to pass us. Its not happening.

billy.ronson
28-04-23, 08:20
At the beginning, Warnock galvanised the support, turned a team in danger of relegation into a promotion team in 18 or so months so will applaud him for that but that is all in the past now so 3 points on Sunday for City and backing our current manager and team is the priority !

blue matt
28-04-23, 08:21

But Warnock says we are his type of people, surely he wouldn't want to win to send us down, surely not

Enoch Mort
28-04-23, 09:20
IMO he went from being the best thing that happened to us to the worst.

I hope we stuff Huddersfield and they get relegated thus ensuring that Warnock does not collect the significant bonus he has no doubt negotiated for himself for keeping them up

2b2bdoo
28-04-23, 09:28
I think it will be a good one.

Put it this way, I’m still glad he came even if he stayed longer than he should have.

pipster
28-04-23, 10:20
Why wouldnt he get a good reception ?

When he came in we were in the bottom 3 I think - a season and a half later - we were promoted.
So no need for all the hate. Re cant believe people fall for the BS - talking BS is part of the job.

fingers
28-04-23, 11:08

Is that his fault though, which manager in all honesty wouldn't spend money if it's given to him by the owner? The criticism for the financial side of it lies squarely at the owner/board's door who it appears are inept at managing financial issues with due diligence.

JumpersforGoalposts
28-04-23, 11:41
and the first is....?

David Ginola

SLUDGE FACTORY
28-04-23, 11:56
They were the best of times, they were the worst of times.

What the dickens are you going on about

logic
28-04-23, 12:13
My sister lived in the same village as him when he managed plymouth

He tried to give my nephew a plymouth badge but he told him he was a Cardiff fan and warnock had a laugh with him

I don't like his way of doing things but he gets results on the pitch and people were not complaining when he was pulling up trees for us

That's amazing.

splott parker
28-04-23, 12:21
I still haven’t forgiven him for condoning Claude Davis strong arming Roger Johnson in the throat:furious:

SuperBluebirds91
28-04-23, 12:21
He should get a really good reception. Obviously first and foremost we support our team and cheer for them but Warnock is a legend at our club and should always be recognised.

He dragged us out from relegation and up the table in his first season beating in mind alot of damage has already been done when he arrived.

He glued the club back together and got us promoted against the odds the next season. I will always have great memories of his time with us and to compare them to previous challenges (for example 2008-2012) they come top IMO. That’s not saying Malky wasn’t a good manager either but thought Warnock was better.

He almost kept us in the PL and if the horrible event with Sala hadn’t happened I believe (my own opinion) that we would have stayed up.

Yes thing didn’t go well in his last lots of games with us but he is an absolute legend in my eyes and should get some recognition.

SLUDGE FACTORY
28-04-23, 12:27
That's amazing.

Indeed it is

My sister lived in the same small village , Stoke climsland , cornwall when warnock managed plymouth

Then he moved in next door to one of my best mates in Ogmore near Bridgend when he got the Cardiff job

It's like osmosis I suppose

logic
28-04-23, 12:29
Indeed it is

My sister lived in the same small village , Stoke climsland , cornwall when warnock managed plymouth

Then he moved in next door to one of my best mates in Ogmore near Bridgend when he got the Cardiff job

Do you have any mates or family in Huddersfield?

If you do, with that luck, maybe you should do the lottery?

J R Hartley
28-04-23, 12:30
Indeed it is

Jackanory tell us a story

J R Hartley
28-04-23, 12:31
Do you have any mates?

Cant see it myself

Elwood Blues
28-04-23, 12:39
What the dickens are you going on about

He's telling a Tale

SLUDGE FACTORY
28-04-23, 12:40
Do you have any mates or family in Huddersfield?

If you do, with that luck, maybe you should do the lottery?

I was sitting at home , my mate phones and says I have just been talking to Neil warnock over the garden gate . He's a bit miserable sometimes though .

I said that's what my sister used to say when he was buying milk in the village shop in Cornwall.

He's almost like family I suppose .

logic
28-04-23, 12:46
I was sitting at home , my mate phones and says I have just been talking to Neil warnock over the garden gate . He's a bit miserable sometimes though .

I said that's what my sister used to say when he was buying milk in the village shop in Cornwall.

He's almost like family I suppose .

You literally are the man.

SLUDGE FACTORY
28-04-23, 12:53
You literally are the man.

Luck be a lady