PDA

View Full Version : The players leaving and staying, Lamouchi speaks.

North Cardiff Blue
05-05-23, 13:43
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-offer-striker-new-26849245

Kaba, Kipre, and Phologene, the best players basically are gong.

Harris may be staying, Bagan and King too.

Sang and Whyte bye bye, probably Wickham also!

North Cardiff Blue
05-05-23, 13:53
Harris may be staying, and Bagan and King too. - Oh God we must be in trouble!

Father Dougal
05-05-23, 14:57
Interesting comments.

I like the way sabri is speaking. I'd like us to keep Harris bagan and king and that's good sabri thinks he can do something with them and wants them.

Sang and whyte good luck in league 1 they will both be good signings for someone.

Wickham totally agree with sabri. At the start he looked good but up and down. He can stay as long as his basic wage is tiny and heavily based on performance. If he doesn't accept that then tara I'd rather we got Danny ward back.

Unfortunately all these talks have to have in mind we can't pay for anyone for another 12 months yet. Ideally we'd probably move Harris on but we are so weak in that area can we really get that much better as an out of contract player?

logic
05-05-23, 14:58
Harris may be staying, and Bagan and King too. - Oh God we must be in trouble!

I'm sure Bagan will love to stay for a manager who hasn't picked him for a single squad despite left back injuries all season.

TWGL1
05-05-23, 15:00
I'm sure Bagan will love to stay for a manager who hasn't picked him for a single squad despite left back injuries all season.

Lamouchi probably would have picked both of them if we were not embroiled in a relegation battle, that’s what he suggests in the article.

logic
05-05-23, 15:12
Lamouchi probably would have picked both of them if we were not embroiled in a relegation battle, that’s what he suggests in the article.

But he was happy to pick central defender, who to the best of anyone's knowledge had never played LB before, Jack Simpson instead?

It gets even better.

"Hey kid, think you're brilliant, love your work, by the way, big fan, but despite being down to 7th choice LB, I just think you can't handle it. You will sign a new deal, right?"

Next season, we may well be in another relegation fight, so Bagan won't feature. Why sign a new deal when he can play regularly elsewhere?

Why even bother having an Academy when we engage managers who clearly have little confidence in the players from it?

AdrianAlston
05-05-23, 15:30
I pretty well agree with all Lamouchi says. The players he is keeping (hopefully) and letting go, make perfect sense. It's a pity he can't get rid of a couple of the ones under contract, Sawyers and Ojo spring to mind.

The Lone Gunman
05-05-23, 16:02
Harris may be staying…

Harris has started just one game under Lamouchi - the manager’s first at Luton. And he genuinely wants to keep the player? I mean seriously, what’s the point?

The Lone Gunman
05-05-23, 16:02
I pretty well agree with all Lamouchi says. The players he is keeping (hopefully) and letting go, make perfect sense.

What makes sense about keeping Harris?

logic
05-05-23, 16:09

Harris isn't a striker. Lacks the instincts. He's a hard worker, chases and harries.

I just don't know what his position is or could be. Move him back to be a dog in midfield? That should be up for some other team to try, not us.

Father Dougal
05-05-23, 16:31

We only have etete robinson and Watters as forward players. We can't buy anyone for 12 months.

We have to pick up at least 2 free agents or loans anyway so Harris may not be a bad 5th choice. We can't be paying him much and not sure we could sign that much better as a 5th choice striker in our situation.

Far from ideal but we are where we are. Next season will be even harder than this.

logic
05-05-23, 16:44
We only have etete robinson and Watters as forward players. We can't buy anyone for 12 months.

We have to pick up at least 2 free agents or loans anyway so Harris may not be a bad 5th choice. We can't be paying him much and not sure we could sign that much better as a 5th choice striker in our situation.

Far from ideal but we are where we are. Next season will be even harder than this.

There's a striker we've got, Isaak something?

As a 5th choice, I'd rather have Crole than a striker who runs around a lot, has a work ethic, but fails to out the ball in the net on a regular basis or offer much threat.

ToTaL ITK
05-05-23, 16:44
If anyone mentions Tan+warchest, i will loose my shit

Father Dougal
05-05-23, 16:56
There's a striker we've got, Isaak something?

As a 5th choice, I'd rather have Crole than a striker who runs around a lot, has a work ethic, but fails to out the ball in the net on a regular basis or offer much threat.

Had forgotten to mention isaak but got a feeling he will be sold. Burnley bid a few million last summer and if anyone bids anything like that again he'll be gone surely.

Im not even convincing myself re Harris! All I can say is sabri doesn't sound over enthusiastic about him but obviously feels he can work with him. I imagine it's very low pay so I've no issue in seeing what sabri has in mind for him.

Rjk
05-05-23, 17:05
Had forgotten to mention isaak but got a feeling he will be sold. Burnley bid a few million last summer and if anyone bids anything like that again he'll be gone surely.

Im not even convincing myself re Harris! All I can say is sabri doesn't sound over enthusiastic about him but obviously feels he can work with him. I imagine it's very low pay so I've no issue in seeing what sabri has in mind for him.

why would we sell? we can't reinvest any of it

Father Dougal
05-05-23, 17:09
why would we sell? we can't reinvest any of it

There would be some spin about using it for wages or the academy or something. Just a feeling I've got that's all.

If Burnley did bid that I bet isaak wishes it had been accepted!

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
05-05-23, 17:13
If he's going to work with a forward why doesn't he concentrate on bringing Crole and Ashford through? Or maybe he's bought a neck brace for Harris to make sure he keeps his head up.

Bobby Dandruff
05-05-23, 17:21

Well, Etete and Robinson…….

WJ99mobile
05-05-23, 17:22
I quite like the frankness

WJ99mobile
05-05-23, 17:29
I do wonder if we will see a different Harris next season.

He’s clearly a trier and now we see we will have proper target men to do the work up front we may see a more free role for Harris

May be talking rubbish but I do think there’s a reasonable player in there

Rjk
05-05-23, 17:38
I do wonder if we will see a different Harris next season.

He’s clearly a trier and now we see we will have proper target men to do the work up front we may see a more free role for Harris

May be talking rubbish but I do think there’s a reasonable player in there

which target men are those?