PDA

View Full Version : Given the choice... Lamouchi or Nathan Jones

Armitage Shanks
14-05-23, 10:45
Jones is looking for a return to management, and wants to build a team long term.

If available would you like him here or stick with Lamouchi?

Wash DC Blue
14-05-23, 10:55
Has to be Jones surely.
I know he wasn’t taken to by Stoke…but they had a team of egos there as did Southampton.

If we want a true change…give him the reigns to build and mould a team from scratch.
I assume the teams he built with Luton were with limited resources.

jon1959
14-05-23, 10:56
On balance, Lamouchi.

There have been some odd selections (presumably based on training performances) and an unwillingness to use subs, but a lot of what Lamouchi has brought has been very good. He is experienced, flexible tactically, honest, calm and articulate - and the high opinion in him of Forest fans is a major factor. I know he hasn't got a better points return than Morison or Hudson - but he has had much less time to get to know the squad (none of them his signings) and the end of season dynamics are different. I think he knows what he is doing, has a plan, and even with the partial transfer ban will improve the squad over the summer using his European and African contacts alongside the club's own impressive loans team. I like the emerging double act with Sol too.

Nathan Jones clearly has passion, a love of Cardiff and a very impressive record with very little money at Luton. But he has failed in his other jobs and seems unhinged at times. I can see Lamouchi managing up at Cardiff; not Jones.

What about Wilder? He was the dream manager for some not long ago - but after Boro and Watford the shine has come right off and now he is favourite for League One Reading.

I'm sure Lamouchi will be confirmed as manager, but any of the possible options are a mix of good, bad and indifferent.

WJ99mobile
14-05-23, 10:57
Lamouchi has done ok but some weird selections and tactics. Not 100% on him

Jones showed that he has some issues. He can’t deal with the pressure and not 100% on him either.

Out of the two id like to try Jones

Hilts
14-05-23, 10:59
Jones by a mile.

J R Hartley
14-05-23, 11:11
Tony Mowbray for me. There’s talk of Sunderland replacing him wi th a younger European manager.

Pedro de la Rosa
14-05-23, 11:39
Lamouchi did a good job, considering we literally couldn't score.

If he wants to pay 433 or any variant, I'd steer well clear. We don''t have the players and we can't overhaul the squad.

We can stay up with Lamouchi, we can do it by being physical and direct, while using the ball when we get it in their half. The playing style can develop over time when we sign better players but we made such a pig's ear of the last window we've been backed into a corner.

Re JRH, I would love Mowbray but think there's a decent chance they'll go up. They're on fire.

the other bob wilson
14-05-23, 11:54
Both Lamouchi and Jones want to build a team long term it seems - what evidence is there that they would get that chance at Cardiff?

If the choice was just Lamouchi and Jones, I’d just go for the latter, but the fact that he hasn’t proved that he can manage anywhere else butLuton is a concern.

Heathblue
Jones is looking for a return to management, and wants to build a team long term.

I only watch games on T.V, so do not see anything (communication, movement etc.) other than what's shown in the rectangle of the TV, Lamouchi if his job was to keep the club in the championship has obviously succeeded, if his role was more than that e.g. to improve the squad he inherited then I don't think he did that, for much of his time here starting games inc. after the half time break, the players seemed oblivious to the task ahead with ponderous play, tapping it around the back four before the inevitable lump it up the field for the majority of the time, there was some good football and goals as well but too infrequent, I'd be looking to move on from Lamouchi whilst thanking him for Job done.

SLUDGE FACTORY
Is he really a big Cardiff City fan ?

Most importantly lamouchi is in place and deserves a chance to make his mark

If he wants the job and he is given some sort of budget to get his own faces in then that should be done

We have had more managers than McDonald's

It's ridiculous to change faces yet again

Pedro de la Rosa
14-05-23, 12:01
Both Lamouchi and Jones want to build a team long term it seems - what evidence is there that they would get that chance at Cardiff?

If the choice was just Lamouchi and Jones, I’d just go for the latter, but the fact that he hasn’t proved that he can manage anywhere else butLuton is a concern.

Tan can't pick a manager, rather than not giving them time.

Left of Center
14-05-23, 12:22
For me its Sab. Anything else just drags on the air of uncertainty that surrounds us. We are going to be totally reliant on the contacts and networking of whom ever gets the job. For me Sab wins this hands down.

Nothing against Jones but the whole scenario is just set up to make us an even bigger basket case than we already are.

We can't afford to have another season of throwing caution to the wind. We have to have stability, we have to have a calm and progressive management team. Thats Sab and Sol. Morison situation again? No thanks.

Former Labour leader
14-05-23, 12:31
Think for the sake of our sanity the club has to stick with Lamouchi. May not have had a great start but he got us over the line, is an experienced manager and hopefully, given the summer can bring in some of his own picks and weld a decent team together.

Hilts
14-05-23, 13:15
Lamouchi did a good job, considering we literally couldn't score.

If he wants to pay 433 or any variant, I'd steer well clear. We don''t have the players and we can't overhaul the squad.

We can stay up with Lamouchi, we can do it by being physical and direct, while using the ball when we get it in their half. The playing style can develop over time when we sign better players but we made such a pig's ear of the last window we've been backed into a corner.

Re JRH, I would love Mowbray but think there's a decent chance they'll go up. They're on fire.

Why cant we play 4 3 3 or a variant?

We are going to need 5 or 6 new signings who are good enough to go straight in the starting line up.

The squad needs a overhaul. Thanks to Morison we cant ship out some players who we are now stuck with until their contracts are run down.

However we should do all we can to release them and maybe look at seeing if we can get some of the average signings out to free up squad places.

Id be looking at keeping Ng Macguiness Collins Wintle Ralls Colwill Robinson Etete Davies O Dowda.

The rest id be more than happy to see go on frees.

TWGL1
14-05-23, 13:28
Is he really a big Cardiff City fan ?

Most importantly lamouchi is in place and deserves a chance to make his mark

If he wants the job and he is given some sort of budget to get his own faces in then that should be done

We have had more managers than McDonald's

It's ridiculous to change faces yet again

Sludge , one of the Rhondda characters I know said Jones is a Tottenham supporter

Hilts
14-05-23, 13:31
Sludge , one of the Rhondda characters I know said Jones is a Tottenham supporter

To be fair I know loads of City fans who "support" Liverpool , Man U , Spurs.

2b2bdoo
14-05-23, 13:37
Please not Nanthan Jones the guy talks rubbish. If he wasn’t supposed to be a Cardiff fan we would all be laughing at the nonsense he comes out with.

pipster
14-05-23, 13:41

We should give the job to the up and coming veteran of football manage Vinny Tan, he has some weird tactics but that would suit the championship / League 1 level. He talks a good game and some of his ideas are so unique no one else has thought of them yet - the shoot more policy...

In all seriousness though - Lamouchie deserves a crack at it for a season or 2

LeningradCowboy
14-05-23, 13:46
Tony Mowbray for me. There’s talk of Sunderland replacing him wi th a younger European manager.

We could have got Mowbray last summer if Morison hadn't been given the job.

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-23, 14:30

More clubs than craig Bellamy

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-23, 14:30

Craig Bellamy

TWGL1
14-05-23, 14:34

True , but in Jones case , he definitely doesn’t support the City ( at least according to what I was told )

I also know that Nathan Jones also starts every sentence with “Look” :hehe:

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-23, 14:39
I always thought that 12 year old kids supported Liverpool etc then grew out of it

Alas ....

Pedro de la Rosa
14-05-23, 17:00
Why cant we play 4 3 3 or a variant?

We are going to need 5 or 6 new signings who are good enough to go straight in the starting line up.

The squad needs a overhaul. Thanks to Morison we cant ship out some players who we are now stuck with until their contracts are run down.

However we should do all we can to release them and maybe look at seeing if we can get some of the average signings out to free up squad places.

Id be looking at keeping Ng Macguiness Collins Wintle Ralls Colwill Robinson Etete Davies O Dowda.

The rest id be more than happy to see go on frees.

We haven't got the players to play 433. We haven't got any creativity in the middle, so you need at least 2 there. We don't have any fit left backs, so you need 2 until Collins comes back. We have only got 2 good wingers (COD and Robinson), so we need 2 there and a striker, I'd say we'd need 2 as Etete isn't ready yet. We need a right back, and a centre back, and at least 1 centre forward. That's 11 to play 433.

If we can replace Kaba, Philogene and Kipre, and we can add 3 good players on top of them, we've done well. Stick with 352 for the time being. Please!

Nobody's Rep
14-05-23, 17:21
Offered it according to the other board and now thinking about the terms and Tans plans - hmmmmmmmmmmmm 🤣

The Bloop
14-05-23, 17:49
I'm stillnot convinced by Nathan Jones and think his confidence has taken a hell of a knock after his time at Southampton.
I'd stick with Lamouchi.

jon1959
14-05-23, 18:29
Offered it according to the other board and now thinking about the terms and Tans plans - hmmmmmmmmmmmm ��

Which one of the other boards? ***** or the Colonel?

Anyway, given the meeting between Lamouchi, Tan, Dalman and Choo has supposedly happened (per Wales Online - Glen Williams), and Vincent Tan is supposed to be flying back to Malaysia today, and there has been no club statement or announcement (or even a holding statement), what 'the other board' claims is almost certainly true, and based on simple deduction not ITK sources.

Glen Williams was also tweeting that there were a couple of Lamouchi free agent signings in the pipeline if a contract deal is done.

life on mars
14-05-23, 19:44
Lamouchi, just feel he has more about him and his european experience is good . Perhaps those who want Jones is more down to his connection to the area .

SLUDGE FACTORY
14-05-23, 21:07
I'm stillnot convinced by Nathan Jones and think his confidence has taken a hell of a knock after his time at Southampton.
I'd stick with Lamouchi.

Absolutely

Dave Blue
14-05-23, 21:17
Someone who won’t farm our better players out on loan, will play our flair players in attacking positions (not at full back/wing back) and won’t be ‘happy’ at keeping it 0-0.

ToTaL ITK
14-05-23, 22:06
honest to god , none of you have clue

The Hooded Claw
14-05-23, 22:11
It isn’t much of a choice, but to start all over again with a manager who doesn’t know the players or the clubs inner workings is the last thing we need, unless it’s someone really exciting.
People get excited because Jones is apparently a Cardiff City fan. On the other hand, he looks like damaged goods, so we’d look nuts as well if we got him. That would be very Cardiff City, wouldn’t it. You can just imagine Dalman’s Sh-t eating grin and quotes like “we’ve got the man we always wanted”, “Vincent’s over the moon” etc etc and then the return of hoofball…

AdrianAlston
15-05-23, 06:19

Agree with this.

Our circumstances at the moment are more similar to what he has faced at Luton than at Southampton or Stoke.

I could be wrong, but he would more likely to sign players with long term prospects for us than Sabri. Sabri's signings at Forest were poor at best. That is, of course, if new player signings are actually down to the Manager.

the other bob wilson
15-05-23, 06:44
Agree with this.

Our circumstances at the moment are more similar to what he has faced at Luton than at Southampton or Stoke.

I could be wrong, but he would more likely to sign players with long term prospects for us than Sabri. Sabri's signings at Forest were poor at best. That is, of course, if new player signings are actually down to the Manager.

Here's an interesting article about Lamouchi where he talks about his signings in the summer of 2020..

https://theathletic.com/2090439/2020/09/25/lamouchi-transfers-plan-b-forest/

A Quiet Monkfish
15-05-23, 09:07
Here's an interesting article about Lamouchi where he talks about his signings in the summer of 2020..

https://theathletic.com/2090439/2020/09/25/lamouchi-transfers-plan-b-forest/

Nathan Jones has been pilloried by many in the media for his time at Southampton, but he'd be my choice in the current CCFC 'climate'. I don't think Lamouchi is keen to work with scraps and free transfers from lower leagues, and if I remember rightly has a potential job to go to in June [?]

the other bob wilson
15-05-23, 09:39
Nathan Jones has been pilloried by many in the media for his time at Southampton, but he'd be my choice in the current CCFC 'climate'. I don't think Lamouchi is keen to work with scraps and free transfers from lower leagues, and if I remember rightly has a potential job to go to in June [?]

Yes, I’m pretty certain that was said when Lamouchi joined us - must admit, I thought he would have been appointed by now. I could start theorising about why that’s not the case (most of it would not paint City in the best of lights), but it’s still a bit early to do that - I reckon something will have gone wrong if we’ve still not heard something by Friday mind.

Eric the Half a Bee
15-05-23, 09:51
Lamouchi turned us from a club who were in 21st position when he joined into a club that finished in 21st position thanks to a points deduction elsewhere. We were 1 point better off under him when looking at points averages than before. While we scored more goals we were also far more fragile at the back, even with the return of McGuinness.

I don't see any positives in him being appointed long term, not if we're still going to be scrounging out of the bins for players.

Pedro de la Rosa
15-05-23, 10:01
Lamouchi turned us from a club who were in 21st position when he joined into a club that finished in 21st position thanks to a points deduction elsewhere. We were 1 point better off under him when looking at points averages than before. While we scored more goals we were also far more fragile at the back, even with the return of McGuinness.

I don't see any positives in him being appointed long term, not if we're still going to be scrounging out of the bins for players.

We went on a run of 20 points in 13 games under him after losing our first 3. I'd classify that run as a positive.

He can keep us up. They'd not won in 3 months when he came in and we pretty much walked it by the end.

LA Bluebird
15-05-23, 10:21
Walked it due to a points deduction. We can argue until we are blue in the face about whether we would have got points vs Huddersfield or Burnley if the season was actually on the line, but he put a first team lineup out there both games in what you assume was an attempt to win and we weren’t at the races.

I’d certainly trust Jones to build a functioning team at this level out of frees and youth team players given his experience with Luton but given that there would be no patience at board level or the fan base if he had a rough first few months, I wonder if there’s even a point. There’s some value in continuity with Lamouchi but then the club even seems to be wasting that with the delay in getting him under an extension. Can’t help thinking neither options are particularly exciting with the situation we are in.

Eric the Half a Bee
15-05-23, 10:25
We went on a run of 20 points in 13 games under him after losing our first 3. I'd classify that run as a positive.

He can keep us up. They'd not won in 3 months when he came in and we pretty much walked it by the end.

I think that's a bit of a clutching at straws positive.

Things were either good or shit under Lamouchi. 6 wins in 18 - decent enough, particularly as 5 of those were by more than one goal. 10 defeats in 18 - poor. Only QPR lost more of their last 18 games and only 3 sides conceded more goals than us in their last 18 games. Of all the teams that had been in relegation danger for the last few months, only Blackpool had a worse record than us from the moment Lamouchi was appointed.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 10:45
Warnock he's crap , Harris crap , MM , he's crap , Morison , clueless, Hudson no experience

Lamouchi got this team of losers over the line

We stayed up

Fact

Yet people want a bloke who was bombed out at Stoke and sunk Southampton because he did OK with Luton and his brother supports Cardiff City ?

Some of you lot are barking mad .

Given our financial constraints it would be idiotic to get yet another manager in yet that's what some of you want ?

Jesus wept

Pedro de la Rosa
15-05-23, 10:48
I think that's a bit of a clutching at straws positive.

Things were either good or shit under Lamouchi. 6 wins in 18 - decent enough, particularly as 5 of those were by more than one goal. 10 defeats in 18 - poor. Only QPR lost more of their last 18 games and only 3 sides conceded more goals than us in their last 18 games. Of all the teams that had been in relegation danger for the last few months, only Blackpool had a worse record than us from the moment Lamouchi was appointed.

He came in, took him 3 games to work out what to do (which was fair enough given he got appointed days before the first one), we didn't have a centre forward and then we went on a good run. We are 12th in the last 15 games. I don't care we shipped a few goals, we at least starting scoring goals ourselves. It sh*t or bust when he came in, we had to find a way to score some goals and we did.

Our team has no creativity, few goal threats, it didn't have a single first team left back and our best attacker got injured in February. The team was going down. We didn't go down under Sabri. I don't care what the stats say, you can write off his first few games as he didn't even meet them, and then the last 2 we were on the beach.

The team is dire, it needs major surgery. There are so many holes in it, to get 6 wins is impressive. Of course I have reservations about him but he is managing us, so we are bound to think that.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 10:52
He came in, took him 3 games to work out what to do (which was fair enough given he got appointed days before the first one), we didn't have a centre forward and then we went on a good run. We are 12th in the last 15 games. I don't care we shipped a few goals, we at least starting scoring goals ourselves. It sh*t or bust when he came in, we had to find a way to score some goals and we did.

Our team has no creativity, few goal threats, it didn't have a single first team left back and our best attacker got injured in February. The team was going down. We didn't go down under Sabri. I don't care what the stats say, you can write off his first few games as he didn't even meet them, and then the last 2 we were on the beach.

The team is dire, it needs major surgery. There are so many holes in it, to get 6 wins is impressive. Of course I have reservations about him but he is managing us, so we are bound to think that.

Absolutely, he's not prefect if he was he would be managing a top six premier league side

If we finish 17th or something he should be given the keys to Cardiff Castle

The Lone Gunman
15-05-23, 11:00
I don't care what the stats say, you can write off his first few games as he didn't even meet them, and then the last 2 we were on the beach.

I don't care what the stats say either. My view is based on what I saw from the team under Lamouchi, and on the decisions he made while he was in charge. I wasn't in the least bit impressed with either. I've got no confidence in him whatsoever.

Jones will probably do alright somewhere, but I wouldn't want him here.

There are hundreds of potential Championship managers out there. Whether Tan and Co could attract a decent one is doubtful, but whether Lamouchi is a decent one is also doubtful.

Nobody's Rep
15-05-23, 11:09
According to this no offer has been made - I don't know what between this article and the other board it's difficult to know who to believe in - not like the old days when we had more leaks than a dodgy condom 🤔🤣

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-begin-crucial-week-26914971

Hilts
15-05-23, 12:32
According to this no offer has been made - I don't know what between this article and the other board it's difficult to know who to believe in - not like the old days when we had more leaks than a dodgy condom 🤔🤣

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-begin-crucial-week-26914971

Part truth probably. I think in all likelihood weve told him we want him to stay but no contract or anything in writing.

It will probably turn into another shambles.

2b2bdoo
15-05-23, 12:32
I seen a few articles mocking Nathan Jones for his comments on sky over the play offs. I thought his ramblings when at Southampton was bad enough.

I think him apparently being a city fan would last a few games before he was ridiculed for the nonsense he spouts, he certainly thinks a lot of himself. Not many fans of former clubs who like him though. Some Luton fans saying he abandoned them twice and the others he was awful at. Luton seem to have gone up a level since he left though.

North Cardiff Blue
15-05-23, 13:36
Hatd to decide both completely different and both a gamble in different ways.

I suppose due to his knowledge of the league and how he built a team at Luton on a shoestring budget, maybe Jones would edge it, but it's close and I would be happy with either as thats about the best we could get.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 13:40
Beggars cannot be choosers

If you want pretty football and lots of money being spent getting us to play that way with great signings and a wonderful manager ......then I am afraid you are supporting the wrong club

Pedro de la Rosa
15-05-23, 13:51
I don't care what the stats say either. My view is based on what I saw from the team under Lamouchi, and on the decisions he made while he was in charge. I wasn't in the least bit impressed with either. I've got no confidence in him whatsoever.

Jones will probably do alright somewhere, but I wouldn't want him here.

There are hundreds of potential Championship managers out there. Whether Tan and Co could attract a decent one is doubtful, but whether Lamouchi is a decent one is also doubtful.

That is also a fair view point. One of my best mates is a huge Forest fan and loves him.

I have zero faith in Tan and his cronies appointing someone competent. My bet is that whoever they'd appoint would be a downgrade.

Eric the Half a Bee
15-05-23, 16:24
Beggars cannot be choosers

If you want pretty football and lots of money being spent getting us to play that way with great signings and a wonderful manager ......then I am afraid you are supporting the wrong club

You always pass these things off as either ors. Give me a reason why we couldn't find a better manager than Lamouchi, who has good contacts in the footballing world and is able to build a side that would at least be competitive in this division? You seem to think that's impossible.

North Cardiff Blue
15-05-23, 16:48
You always pass these things off as either ors. Give me a reason why we couldn't find a better manager than Lamouchi, who has good contacts in the footballing world and is able to build a side that would at least be competitive in this division? You seem to think that's impossible.

He probably thinks it's almost impossible for Dalman too, and based on his last few selections I would agree.

Somehow he got Lamouchi in, who looks like the first half-decent Manager since Warnock and Malky, although still below their capabilities.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 17:00

That's because they are either ors

the other bob wilson
15-05-23, 17:24
That's because they are either ors

They’re not at other clubs.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 17:31
They’re not at other clubs.

Which clubs , in our division have a great manager and have spent very little money ?

You are going to get the odd outlier .....Luton I suppose ......but we are where we are because of what we have to play with and the sort of managers we are able to attract

the other bob wilson
15-05-23, 17:47
Which clubs , in our division have a great manager and have spent very little money ?

You are going to get the odd outlier .....Luton I suppose ......but we are where we are because of what we have to play with and the sort of managers we are able to attract

Coventry, Luton, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Swansea, Preston - I’d take the managers of all of those clubs plus quite a few others currently in the Championship.

Eric the Half a Bee
15-05-23, 17:51

I think any opinion of Lamouchi is likely to be based on how good or bad you perceive the players, and results/performances compared with other managers.

It's worth noting that we were never in the bottom 3 under Hudson, though we all acknowledge he was a crap manager. Under Hudson we won 18 points out of 18 games, mainly by keeping a tight defence, even if it meant not threatening at the other end. Only once under Hudson did we concede 3 or more.

I think we can acknowledge that Sory Kaba's goals were a big factor in us staying up. Lamouchi managed a mere 2 more points than the useless Hudson, all with a star striker. You may not care less but I find our defensive stats under Lamouchi alarming and it doesn't fill me with any confidence, particularly as we were all clamouring for the excellent McGuinness to come back.

Some of the performances at home under Lamouchi were even more dire than under his predecessors.

If this is mainly the fault of the players, it's difficult to argue that Lamouchi has been a big improvement on Hudson as, statistically, he hasn't really been.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 20:46
Coventry, Luton, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Swansea, Preston - I’d take the managers of all of those clubs plus quite a few others currently in the Championship.

I would wager none of those managers would have done better that lamouchi with the squad he was given

DubaiDai
15-05-23, 20:59

Whoever it is, for Gods sake make a decision

Eric the Half a Bee
15-05-23, 21:25
I would wager none of those managers would have done better that lamouchi with the squad he was given

Given that Hudson only won 2 points fewer than Lamouchi over the same number of games we have a problem. If Hudson was crap, then Lamouchi is almost as crap. If Lamouchi is the saviour, Hudson shouldn't have been sacked.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 21:34
Given that Hudson only won 2 points fewer than Lamouchi over the same number of games we have a problem. If Hudson was crap, then Lamouchi is almost as crap. If Lamouchi is the saviour, Hudson shouldn't have been sacked.

He's not the saviour but it's incredibly stupid , in the absence of anyone better banging down the door , to be poncing about on here worrying about trying to find that manager

I don't think he exists to be Frank

Eric the Half a Bee
15-05-23, 21:37
He's not the saviour but it's incredibly stupid , in the absence of anyone better banging down the door , to be poncing about on here worrying about trying to find that manager

I don't think he exists to be Frank

It's a message board. We discuss things.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 21:48

You asked

I have answered

We havnt got any money , we are about as attractive as a night out in Ebbw Vale

Our current squad is bottom 4 quality

Anyone wanting this job needs sectioning so if lamouchi wants it .....give it to him

It's like talking to the brain dead on here

Eric the Half a Bee
15-05-23, 21:50
You asked

I have answered

We havnt got any money , we are about as attractive as a night out in Ebbw Vale

Our current squad is bottom 4 quality

Anyone wanting this job needs sectioning so if lamouchi wants it .....give it to him

It's like talking to the brain dead on here

With your attitude, relegation here we come.

SLUDGE FACTORY
15-05-23, 22:44
With your attitude, relegation here we come.

With my attitude lower mid table

And you can quote me on that

Carl Dale's Mole
16-05-23, 03:03
Neither will succeed here unless backed by Tan and his increasingly tight wallet. Too big of a hole to get out of now.

Was going to say Wilder until I came across this article: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-wilders-sheffield-united-signings-22153059

A lot of misses in there!

the other bob wilson
16-05-23, 06:37

I would wager Robins (especially), Edwards and Carrick would, I accept it might take the other three a bit longer. Lamouchi's record as a manager tends to show him having a strong early impact which then is not maintained (e.g. Forest and Rennes) - if he runs true to form, we've seen the best of him already.

Mr Soul '68
16-05-23, 08:35

I'd stick with Lamouchi for two reasons. Firstly stability is what is needed at the club not another chop n' change, secondly I am hoping he can unearth some gems from Europe or Africa.

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-05-23, 09:22
I'd stick with Lamouchi for two reasons. Firstly stability is what is needed at the club not another chop n' change, secondly I am hoping he can unearth some gems from Europe or Africa.

Yep , stability

Someone else comes in , another 19 nervous breakdowns till we escape the threat of relegation , again

SLUDGE FACTORY
16-05-23, 09:24
I would wager Robins (especially), Edwards and Carrick would, I accept it might take the other three a bit longer. Lamouchi's record as a manager tends to show him having a strong early impact which then is not maintained (e.g. Forest and Rennes) - if he runs true to form, we've seen the best of him already.

Robins record ?

We are not going to get a young up and coming manager , we are not an attractive club to manage

Quite frankly if lamouchi offers his services we should open the door as we are not in a position to haggle

Hilts
16-05-23, 09:36
Ive seen a few mention Lamouchi and getting gems from Europe and Africa. Has he got a track record of doing this? Despite him being our manager for a few months I dont know much about him or his signings for Forest.

The Hooded Claw
16-05-23, 09:38
I sense that we need a thread on other potential managers.
The silence from the club is deafening.

Hilts
16-05-23, 09:47
I sense that we need a thread on other potential managers.
The silence from the club is deafening.

Sol , followed by Purse then do we get Warnock to rescue us next January when we are down the bottom.

jon1959
16-05-23, 10:00
Sol , followed by Purse then do we get Warnock to rescue us next January when we are down the bottom.

February - he doesn’t start in January any more.

Pedro de la Rosa
16-05-23, 10:50
Glen Williams has said Tan didn't offer Lamouchi a new deal.

We need a new manager, again.

North Cardiff Blue
16-05-23, 10:52

Hudson had Robinson available.

Rjk
16-05-23, 10:52
Glen Williams has said Tan didn't offer Lamouchi a new deal.

We need a new manager, again.

oh wonderful, now give it to Darren purse until the transfer window is closed and voilà

Carl Dale's Mole
16-05-23, 10:56
Cardiff City part company with Sabri Lamouchi after Vincent Tan chooses not to give him new deal:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-part-company-sabri-26922774

North Cardiff Blue
16-05-23, 10:58

Warnock would have done better short term, he did so at Huddersfield.

Rjk
16-05-23, 11:02
Warnock would have done better short term, he did so at Huddersfield.

he can **** off

the other bob wilson
16-05-23, 11:03
Cardiff City part company with Sabri Lamouchi after Vincent Tan chooses not to give him new deal:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-part-company-sabri-26922774

Surely we must have someone lined up to come in if we’ve decided not to go with Lamouchi?

It could turn out to be a disastrous decision, but I won’t be able to be too critical if it does go that way as I’ve been a bit meh about appointing him all along.

North Cardiff Blue
16-05-23, 11:03

OH God, he'll probably give it to Bamba or some other novice that has never managed!

In that case, I'd like to see Nathan Jones given a go, I doubt they will and I'd expect the board to get it wrong and for us to get relegated, but lets see!

North Cardiff Blue
16-05-23, 11:04
he can **** off

Wouldn't want him now, but would have got us safer sooner as a fire-fighting relegation avoider.

Pedro de la Rosa
16-05-23, 11:08
Surely we must have someone lined up to come in if we’ve decided not to go with Lamouchi?

It could turn out to be a disastrous decision, but I won’t be able to be too critical if it does go that way as I’ve been a bit meh about appointing him all along.

Good one :hehe:

We are a circus

Carl Dale's Mole
16-05-23, 11:10

I have a feeling you know the answer to your own question ToBW.

Nothing this regime has done suggests good planning. Both football-related and off the pitch.