PDA

View Full Version : More manager rumours

ninian opinian
19-05-23, 13:32
https://twitter.com/darrenowitcoop/status/1659524949579640834?s=46&t=5XvNdsdmLTsVTx09ZSEfIA

jon1959
19-05-23, 13:47
https://twitter.com/darrenowitcoop/status/1659524949579640834?s=46&t=5XvNdsdmLTsVTx09ZSEfIA

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/49-year-old-interested-in-cardiff-city-managerial-vacancy/

BLUETIT
19-05-23, 14:34

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/49-year-old-interested-in-cardiff-city-managerial-vacancy/

I really hope, with the situation we’re in, it’s not a foreign coach.

They don’t know the league
They don’t know the players
They will struggle to work within Vinny’s restraints

It’ll be a bigger disaster than the last two seasons

DubaiDai
19-05-23, 14:50

The more I think about it a return for Morison with Bamba remains at number 2 sounds the best option

Re-Reworked
19-05-23, 15:17

The last british manager to win this league was dyche at Burnley in 15/16

A Quiet Monkfish
19-05-23, 15:21
Lamouchi going may have been a blessin in disguise.

Tuerto
19-05-23, 15:23

Yup, Mad Mick, Hudson, Morison and Harris towards the end were a resounding success.

Tuerto
19-05-23, 15:23

I think that you may be right.

The Lone Gunman
19-05-23, 16:04

Yeah, Vincent Kompany really struggled this year, just as Marco Silva did last year, and Daniel Farke the year before that, and Marco Bielsa the year before that.

I hope we don’t get a foreigner like those guys. It would be a nightmare.

Undercoverinwurzelland
19-05-23, 16:23
Looks like our friends out west will be looking for a new manager too https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-expected-join-southampton-26952591

Maurice Swan
19-05-23, 19:57
What are the odds that they would still appoint a new one before us......

NYCBlue
19-05-23, 21:06
Looks like our friends out west will be looking for a new manager too https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-expected-join-southampton-26952591

Jesus! It's like every manager they have goes on to bigger and better things.

NYCBlue
19-05-23, 21:08
The more I think about it a return for Morison with Bamba remains at number 2 sounds the best option

A better option than getting a real manager?

Cleve van Leef
19-05-23, 21:14
Yeah, Vincent Kompany really struggled this year, just as Marco Silva did last year, and Daniel Farke the year before that, and Marco Bielsa the year before that.

I hope we don’t get a foreigner like those guys. It would be a nightmare.

It would be a nightmare………….especially for him the way the Club is being run.

Eric the Half a Bee
19-05-23, 21:19

We don't know how to appoint a manager because the board and owner has no idea what is involved. I'd almost trust Sludge Factory to appoint a manager more than Tan, but reluctantly.

Carl Dale's Mole
20-05-23, 03:36

Was thinking this too. The difference in ex-managers and where they are now is insane.

You get the Swansea job and you celebrate. You get the Cardiff job and you hope.

the other bob wilson
20-05-23, 04:26
Listened to the Elis James podcast last night where Danny Gabbidon gave his opinion that the priority should be getting someone who is a good coach because he says our squad underperformed in 22/23 and so we need someone who can get more out of what we’ve got - made sense to me.

Des Parrot
20-05-23, 05:51
If Tan wasn’t prepared to fund Lamouchi, then shirley any foreign coach has to be out of the question. Seems next year’s ambition is 21st place.

olderblue
20-05-23, 06:09
If Tan wasn’t prepared to fund Lamouchi, then shirley any foreign coach has to be out of the question. Seems next year’s ambition is 21st place.

I thought Lamouchi, did a half decent job considering what he had at his disposal, let’s be fair with players like Alsopp, Simpson and Ojo making regular appearances we were lucky to stay up.
We have little if any creativity in midfield, and the fact we had a poor coach signing these players in the first place, I doubt anyone else would have done any better than he did.

There were strange selections without a doubt, whether that was poor decision making or Lamouchi emphasising the need and importance for better players, who knows??

Hopefully there is someone better out there who can perform miracles, but it always strikes me that they are looking for a Rolls Royce for a price of a mini!!
Let’s hope they can get at least one decision right
It will make a pleasant change

goats
20-05-23, 06:55

And ours never work again……hmmmmm….makes you think their board might know what they are doing? Wonder if they lose a million a month too despite smaller crowds?

Carl Dale's Mole
20-05-23, 09:14

Exactly. Feels like a pointless exercise when the real issue is at the very top.

Line up line up. Who wants to take this weakened underachieving team to the promised land whilst under an embargo?

Surely there’s a manager somewhere that can solve Tan’s uselessness…

…did I mention we’ll only give you 10 games to prove it?

Father Dougal
20-05-23, 09:30
And ours never work again……hmmmmm….makes you think their board might know what they are doing? Wonder if they lose a million a month too despite smaller crowds?

Yep ole is a unique exception but apart from that who was last manager cardiff had to go on to better things after leaving us?

I'm going back to early 90s and can't think of one? Is cardiff always the peak of a managers career and Swansea is the stepping stone?

pipster
20-05-23, 09:31

Yet compare that to us - when has any manager we have ever had go on to better things ? I cant think of anyone

Carl Dale's Mole
20-05-23, 09:40
Yet compare that to us - when has any manager we have ever had go on to better things ? I cant think of anyone

Neil Harris went on to star in "How I Met Your Mother" and won multiple Tony Awards.

PontBlue
20-05-23, 09:58
I think our manager vacancy is quite attractive. 3 years salary for 4 months work. How many managers do we still have on the books?

Carl Dale's Mole
20-05-23, 10:02
I think our manager vacancy is quite attractive. 3 years salary for 4 months work. How many managers do we still have on the books?

Oh shit you're right :hehe:

Forest Green Bluebird
20-05-23, 10:09
:hehe:

Forest Green Bluebird
20-05-23, 10:11

Lamouchi is available.

bigjoe
20-05-23, 11:25
After having had seen what happens at CCFC maybe they all think they've moved on up.

Vindec
20-05-23, 11:27
After having had seen what happens at CCFC maybe they all think they've moved on up.

Other than Ole Phil Neale is the only other one that springs to mind.

AdrianAlston
20-05-23, 11:53

Other than Ole Phil Neale is the only other one that springs to mind.

Len Ashurst went to Sunderland. Took them to a League Cup final, but relegation as well!

WJ99mobile
20-05-23, 12:02

Does any manager know the players until they get here

Can any manager work with ‘Vinnys constraints’

I personally think you’re wrong and many foreign managers have come over and been a success and many British managers have failed

Bobby Dandruff
20-05-23, 12:40
Yep ole is a unique exception but apart from that who was last manager cardiff had to go on to better things after leaving us?

I'm going back to early 90s and can't think of one? Is cardiff always the peak of a managers career and Swansea is the stepping stone?

We have discussed this recently.

It was Len Ashurst back in 1983 (or 85, I can’t remember now)

Embarrassing.

the other bob wilson
20-05-23, 12:51
We have discussed this recently.

It was Len Ashurst back in 1983 (or 85, I can’t remember now)

Embarrassing.

I go all of the way back to 1963 and I can only think of Ashurst who definitely moved “upwards”. Frank O’Farrell left to become manager of Iran in the mid 70s which is probably a step up, but I don’t think Frank Burrows and Phil Neal leaving to become a number two is.

Going back before my time, I’m not aware of any of our managers being”poached” by bigger clubs either.

Bobby Dandruff
20-05-23, 13:01
I go all of the way back to 1963 and I can only think of Ashurst who definitely moved “upwards”. Frank O’Farrell left to become manager of Iran in the mid 70s which is probably a step up, but I don’t think Frank Burrows and Phil Neal leaving to become a number is.

Going back before my time, I’m not aware of any of our managers being”poached” by bigger clubs either.

Frank O’Farrell’s move to Iran was a strange one and similar to Revie going to the UAE a few years later, especially as he had only been at Cardiff City for 5 months which is just pathetic.

I presume that it was financially motivated as Iran was a footballing backwater at the time and his managerial career after that was certainly not at Championship level.

alan_corneli
20-05-23, 16:02
We should wait until the Jacks appoint a new manager and then offer to double his money if he comes to us.

SLUDGE FACTORY
20-05-23, 21:25
We should wait until the Jacks appoint a new manager and then offer to double his money if he comes to us.

Bang on

RichardM
20-05-23, 23:31

Bang on
We can't afford to

Rjk
21-05-23, 00:02

that could backfire if the jacks know what our plan is

Alan Lung
21-05-23, 00:05
We are getting Mark Hughes. No need to bitch about it, that's just how it will be.

the other bob wilson
21-05-23, 06:11
Frank O’Farrell’s move to Iran was a strange one and similar to Revie going to the UAE a few years later, especially as he had only been at Cardiff City for 5 months which is just pathetic.

I presume that it was financially motivated as Iran was a footballing backwater at the time and his managerial career after that was certainly not at Championship level.

Agreed, a move to manage an international team for the man in charge of a struggling Second Division team is career advancement I suppose, but you've set out why I still think it's arguable as to whether it was really an upward step for O'Farrell in this instance - a sideways one maybe, but, as you say, money must have been the main motive for the move,

Father Dougal
21-05-23, 08:56
We are getting Mark Hughes. No need to bitch about it, that's just how it will be.

I'd take that.

John Buchanan
21-05-23, 09:11
I'd take that.

Me too, with Bamba and Purse continuing to learn the ropes.

Rjk
21-05-23, 10:17
Listened to the Elis James podcast last night where Danny Gabbidon gave his opinion that the priority should be getting someone who is a good coach because he says our squad underperformed in 22/23 and so we need someone who can get more out of what we’ve got - made sense to me.

yes this makes a lot of sense

WJ99mobile
21-05-23, 16:36
A little birdie told me that forest will be sacking Cooper in the next few weeks and he will be coming here upon that sacking

Announcement can’t be made until July 1st

WJ99mobile
21-05-23, 16:36
A little birdie told me that forest will be sacking Cooper in the next few weeks and he will be coming here upon that sacking

Announcement can’t be made until July 1st
Just to point out I’ve completely made this up

Father Dougal
21-05-23, 17:28

You should have at least waited for wales online (or at least the other board) to run that as an exclusive before spoiling it.

Spoil sport.

Hi wales online by the way! :wave:

Tuerto
21-05-23, 17:32

Fair play to you. I'm going to make something up as well. John Terry with Jody Morris as his assistant.

Rjk
21-05-23, 20:09
Vinnie is going to do it himself

goats
22-05-23, 07:32
yes this makes a lot of sense

But it will never happen…..TAn