View Full Version : Bundesliga final day - Munich Champions

Michael Morris
27-05-23, 13:50
Last day of the season.

Dortmund started the day on top.

But currently

Dortmund 0 - 1 Mainz
Koln 0 - 1 Munich

Which sees Munich now on top of the live table.

Michael Morris
27-05-23, 13:55
Dortmund 0 - 2 Mainz

And Dortmund missed a penalty as well

Game is on Sky Sports Mix

JamesWales
27-05-23, 14:02
This is depressing. The context too is that Bayern have won it for the last 10 years, which is remarkable in the bundesliga and it desperately needs a new champion, and even though Dortmund are a huge club too, it would be really welcome to see them win.

Mainz are mid table too so if they throw this away it will go down in history.

Bayern need to win mind and there's every chance Koln will get an equaliser at home - all of Germany and beyond will be willing them on!

the other bob wilson
27-05-23, 14:14
Blimey, Mainz have got that bloke with the pineapple on his head playing for them and Dortmund still can’t beat them.

City123
27-05-23, 14:17
Dortmund probably should have had another penalty before Mainz's second

Bayern 2-0 up

City123
27-05-23, 14:20
Dortmund probably should have had another penalty before Mainz's second

Bayern 2-0 up
Bayern goal ruled out by VAR

The Lone Gunman
27-05-23, 14:34
Against all odds it looks like VfL Bochum are dragging themselves out of trouble at the bottom of the table. They’ve been helped by opponents Bayer Leverkusen having a man sent off after 8 minutes. The latter are going to miss out on the Europa League as a result. Currently 2-0 to Bochum.

life on mars
27-05-23, 14:48
Bungtheleague to Bayern

. Rather championship.

City123
27-05-23, 14:50
Very nearly 3-0 to Mainz

Very uninspired from Dortmund so far

the other bob wilson
27-05-23, 15:00
It’s 2-2-6 playing 8-2-0, the chances are there for Dortmund, but it’s all desperation stuff with a lot of verynervy finishing and approach play.

Michael Morris
Dortmund 1 - 2 Mainz
69th min

Finally

the other bob wilson
1-2.

City123
27-05-23, 15:01
It’s 2-2-6 playing 8-2-0, the chances are there for Dortmund, but it’s all desperation stuff with a lot of verynervy finishing and approach play.
It's a crazy game

Those subs have changed the game, they've brought on a 17 year old for his debut! In a game like this!

Michael Morris
27-05-23, 15:11
Koln 1 - 1 Munich

Dortmund back on top as it stands

the other bob wilson
27-05-23, 15:12
Penalty for Koln, 1-1.

Undercoverinwurzelland
27-05-23, 15:16
It's a crazy game

Those subs have changed the game, they've brought on a 17 year old for his debut! In a game like this!
Good job he wasn't suffering from any growing pains!

the other bob wilson
27-05-23, 15:17
Hummels heads a free kick that was going in for an equaliser wide :facepalm:

Bayern in front - you knew that was coming.

Undercoverinwurzelland
27-05-23, 15:21
Dortmund need an Aguero moment.

City123
27-05-23, 15:22
Hummels heads a free kick that was going in for an equaliser wide :facepalm:

Bayern in front - you knew that was coming.
Just not gone their way at all

Wouldn't be shocked if Mainz get a 3rd

Michael Morris
27-05-23, 15:27
Dortmund 2 - 2 Mainz

still playing

Michael Morris
27-05-23, 15:28
Munich are Champions.

Dortmund need stuffing for blowing today.

JamesWales
27-05-23, 15:32
Bayern win on goal difference with an 89th minute winner. 11th title in a row

Dortmund equalised in the 95th minute, but way too late. Just saw it and I've never seen a last minute equaliser be celebrated less

The bottom three is the 3rd, 4th and 7th best supported clubs too..Schalke, Hertha Berlin and then VfB Stutgart, who will face a play off with a team from the 2.Bundesliga

Undercoverinwurzelland
27-05-23, 15:33
Exciting final day but incredibly boring for the same team to win 11 titles in a row.

JamesWales
27-05-23, 15:35
Exciting final day but incredibly boring for the same team to win 11 titles in a row.

I agree. Am a big fan of German football, and it's one of Europe's very top leagues but the same team winning it every year makes it significantly less interesting

the other bob wilson
27-05-23, 15:54
Any side that gets beaten over two legs by this season’s Chelsea are not Bundesliga winning standard to my mind.Dortmund chucked it away.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
27-05-23, 16:29
Bellingham on the bench today so can only assume he had a knock. In other Deutsche news Freiburg's B team just won promotion to the Bundesliga 2 and I think we should nab their manager. Getting managers off German B teams has had some success before. Please note this is the sum total of my argument.

Der Kaiser
27-05-23, 17:01
Bellingham on the bench today so can only assume he had a knock. In other Deutsche news Freiburg's B team just won promotion to the Bundesliga 2 and I think we should nab their manager. Getting managers off German B teams has had some success before. Please note this is the sum total of my argument.

Reserve teams can’t be promoted to the second division so their promotion place will have gone to the team below them.

Strange having them in the pyramid at all if they can’t progress.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
27-05-23, 17:20
Reserve teams can’t be promoted to the second division so their promotion place will have gone to the team below them.

Ah okay. Still good to get a reserve team to second place though. However, the coach, Thomas Stamm has just signed a new contract so probably not going to come to us even if he was on our radar.

Swiss Peter
28-05-23, 07:35
Meanwhile last day of B2 today looks interesting in terms of who goes up and who gets the play off spot. With at least a play off place in the bag can HSV make it back up? They’re at bottom of the table Sandhausen but have a habit of screwing things up at this point.

The Lone Gunman
28-05-23, 08:32
Meanwhile last day of B2 today looks interesting in terms of who goes up and who gets the play off spot. With at least a play off place in the bag can HSV make it back up? They’re at bottom of the table Sandhausen but have a habit of screwing things up at this point.

The problem is Heidenheim are away at Regensburg, who are second from bottom. Therefore, it looks like the play-offs for Hamburg again.

I was looking at the average attendances for Bundesliga 2 yesterday. Very impressive overall, bigger than I expected.

JamesWales
28-05-23, 08:52
The problem is Heidenheim are away at Regensburg, who are second from bottom. Therefore, it looks like the play-offs for Hamburg again.

I was looking at the average attendances for Bundesliga 2 yesterday. Very impressive overall, bigger than I expected.

Yeah there's some massive clubs in the second division. And next season Hertha, Schalke and possibly Stuttgart too.

Add Hamburg, Hannover, Kaiserslautern, Dusseldorf, Nurnberg. These are all huge clubs comparable to Newcastle United or Leeds or something.

You then have St Pauli, Braunschweig, Magdeburg, Rostock, Karlsruhe, Magdeburg, Bielefeld etc. These all hold around 30,000 and are like someone like Leicester or Southampton. Unfortunately Dynamo Dresden missed promotion from the third tier.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 2.Bundesliga hit a near 30,000 average crowd next season

the other bob wilson
28-05-23, 09:50
How many seasons have Hamburg been in Bundesliga 2 now? Must be at least three - good enough for them, come on Heidenheim (though I think they may be one of those teams who never quite get over the line).

The Lone Gunman
28-05-23, 10:45
How many seasons have Hamburg been in Bundesliga 2 now? Must be at least three - good enough for them, come on Heidenheim (though I think they may be one of those teams who never quite get over the line).

What have you got against Hamburg?

JamesWales
28-05-23, 12:30

He's vegan innit

splott parker
28-05-23, 13:43

2-3 at home after a 1-1 draw over there:cry::cry:

splott parker
28-05-23, 13:46

Bridgend Street seconds won Division One of the Cardiff & District League about five times on the trot, late 70s/early 80s, couldn’t go up to the Premier because the firsts were there. It’s a Europe wide thing:hehe:

the other bob wilson
28-05-23, 14:38
2-3 at home after a 1-1 draw over there:cry::cry:

Thanks for putting the young whippersnappers right :thumbup:

Hamburg are second and going up at the moment though :facepalm:

the other bob wilson
28-05-23, 15:37
Heidenheim, 2-0 down at one time, win 3-2 with two goals in added time!

The Lone Gunman
28-05-23, 16:11
Heidenheim, 2-0 down at one time, win 3-2 with two goals in added time!

Goals in the 93rd minute (a penalty) and the 99th minute, both scored after the Hamburg game had finished. Incredibly, Heidenheim’s victory means they win the league as leaders Darmstadt were stuffed 4-0 at mid-table Furth.

Swiss Peter
28-05-23, 16:51
Goals in the 93rd minute (a penalty) and the 99th minute, both scored after the Hamburg game had finished. Incredibly, Heidenheim’s victory means they win the league as leaders Darmstadt were stuffed 4-0 at mid-table Furth.

If you were a Hamburg fan you'd have to start wondering if your team is cursed. Now on to a playoff with Stuttgart. You'd think the momentum was the B2 team, but with Hamburg - after their recent ends to seasons - I'm not so sure.

JamesWales
29-05-23, 06:40
Remarkable!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKQ-G8SDgdA&pp=ygUOaGVpZGVuaGVpbSAzLTI%3D

Heidenheims first season in the Bundesliga next season. Looks a lovely little town too in a nice part of Germany. I've spent much time in Baden- Wurtemberg, specifically Ravensburg. Lovely part of the world.

the other bob wilson
29-05-23, 09:11
Remarkable!

Heidenheims first season in the Bundesliga next season. Looks a lovely little town too in a nice part of Germany. I've spent much time in Baden- Wurtemberg, specifically Ravensburg. Lovely part of the world.

It adds to the drama somewhat that Heidenheim’s opponents were wearing Hamburg colours. I’m pleased that Hamburg might go another season without their return to the Bundesliga, but it’s still great that a club like Heidenheim have got the promotion they deserved after some close misses.

JamesWales
29-05-23, 09:26
It adds to the drama somewhat that Heidenheim’s opponents were wearing Hamburg colours. I’m pleased that Hamburg might go another season without their return to the Bundesliga, but it’s still great that a club like Heidenheim have got the promotion they deserved after some close misses.

Yeah it's good that it's all mixed up, and shows how dynamic and vibrant the German league system is..second only to the English pyramid in that respect probably.

As discussed earlier though, I do feel the dominance of Bayern is unhelpful (which we all agree) and I wish clubs like Hamburg, Schalke, Nurnberg, Stuttgart and thf rest would sort themselves out and challenge more, as these are huge clubs that should be doing so.

Swiss Peter
01-06-23, 18:48
Stuttgart 1 up after 1 minute in the first leg of the play-off v Hamburg!

(It's on sky)

Harry Lime
01-06-23, 20:15
As things stand Hamburg look likely to spend another year in the B2

Swiss Peter
01-06-23, 20:17
As things stand Hamburg look likely to spend another year in the B2

Another chance to get to the derby Harry! :thumbup:

Undercoverinwurzelland
01-06-23, 20:40
Remarkable!

Newport's twin town. I went on a twinning trip there when I was a kid. Nice place. Very relaxed approach to selling beer to under 18s!

Harry Lime
01-06-23, 20:51
Another chance to get to the derby Harry! :thumbup:

Looking that way pal 🏴*☠️

JamesWales
01-06-23, 21:36
Newport's twin town. I went on a twinning trip there when I was a kid. Nice place. Very relaxed approach to selling beer to under 18s!

Yeah, Ravensburg was the same! Beautiful part of the world around there and seems very relaxed.

LA Bluebird
02-06-23, 08:18

Not sure when you were a kid but selling beer to 16 year olds is legal in Germany (and has been since at least when I was doing school trips in the 90s) and even younger if you are accompanied by an adult.

Undercoverinwurzelland
02-06-23, 08:32
Not sure when you were a kid but selling beer to 16 year olds is legal in Germany (and has been since at least when I was doing school trips in the 90s) and even younger if you are accompanied by an adult.
That would explain it. I was 13 when I went I think, but some of the others were 16/17.