PDA

View Full Version : Mark Harris leaves

mrbluejay
30-06-23, 17:32
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you for everything, <a href="https://twitter.com/sparkyharris11?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@sparkyharris11</a>! ��<br><br>Mark Harris departs CCS with the very best wishes from all of us at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CardiffCity?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CardiffCity</a>! ��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CityAsOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CityAsOne</a></p>&mdash; Cardiff City FC (@CardiffCityFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/status/1674832682159681537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WJ99mobile
30-06-23, 17:33
Wish him all the best

Hard worker and will be interesting to see how he fairs elsewhere

Bobby Dandruff
30-06-23, 17:35
https://twitter.com/cardiffcityfc/status/1674832682159681537?s=46&t=ToES-qutSllkpH5qvanXiA

He always gave everything when he played but something was missing. Consistency, goals, close control, ability to hold up the ball? I thought that he‘d make a decent winger maybe as he has pace and lots of energy.

I wish him well.

Undercoverinwurzelland
30-06-23, 17:35
Always tried his best. Could do well at a decent league one team. Good luck to him.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-06-23, 17:37
I would imagine he would be a hit at Derby, Pompey , Bolton

Too much expectation of him here

J R Hartley
30-06-23, 17:40

:hehe:

You don’t think there would be expectation at any of those clubs? Former premier league clubs now in the 3rd tier. Derby in particular with their massive fan base.

FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead
30-06-23, 17:42
Not disappointed he's leaving. Hard worker, and the odd moment of quality, but not quite good enough.

Think he'll do really well at league 1 level.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-06-23, 17:42
:hehe:

You don’t think there would be expectation at any of those clubs? Former premier league clubs now in the 3rd tier. Derby in particular with their massive fan base.

They play in league 1

That , at present , is his level

It's a perfect fit

BLUETIT
30-06-23, 17:52
Not on Twitter, can anyone print it out please

The Prophet of Doom
30-06-23, 18:00
Cardiff City FC can confirm that Mark Harris will leave the Club this summer.

Sparky, an Academy graduate, made his First Team debut in the Emirates FA Cup against Fulham in 2017.

Following loan spells with Wrexham, Port Vale and Newport County, his City First Team career began afresh from late November 2020 onwards, when Harris netted on his first Bluebirds start in over three years, scoring inside nine minutes as City defeated Luton Town, 4-0, at Cardiff City Stadium.

Overall, the five-time Welsh international netted nine competitive goals for Cardiff City, including three strikes in important victories over Middlesbrough, Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland last term.

We’d like to thank Sparky for his services throughout his time with the Club. Mark has been a model professional and departs with the very best wishes from the board, management and staff at Cardiff City.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
30-06-23, 18:04
He always gave everything when he played but something was missing. Consistency, goals, close control, ability to hold up the ball? I thought that he‘d make a decent winger maybe as he has pace and lots of energy.

I wish him well.

Pretty much sums it for me too.

Des Parrot
30-06-23, 18:06
Good luck Sparky, whoever you end up. Thanks for your efforts in thankless times.

splott parker
30-06-23, 18:06
Sad to say as he is ‘one of our own’ but he’s just not good enough. Huffs and puffs, tries very hard and that’s about it. Surprised, really, that’s he’s got this far in his career and has international caps as well, sums up the City & Wales at the moment.

North Cardiff Blue
30-06-23, 18:09
Not on Twitter, can anyone print it out please

Cardiff City FC
@CardiffCityFC
·
38m
Thank you for everything,
@sparkyharris11
! ��

Mark Harris departs CCS with the very best wishes from all of us at #CardiffCity! ��

#CityAsOne

This is me below not Mark Harris or Cardiff lol

Speed camera police with a hand held by the Nine Giants today, so watch out !!!

North Cardiff Blue
30-06-23, 18:12

Millwall mentioned today only rumour?

Stanmore Bluebird
A real 100% player in terms of effort but not quite good enough for the Championship. Pretty near, but sadly not close enough.

Nobody's Rep
Good luck Sparky, whoever you end up. Thanks for your efforts in thankless times.

The guy has a panini sticker - what more does he want??

cyril evans awaydays
30-06-23, 18:13

I wish him well.

So apart from the consistency, the goals, the close control and the ability to hold up the ball......what have the Romans ever done for us??

Rock_Flock_of_Five
30-06-23, 18:17

"Sparky"?

I always thought that nicknames had to be 'earned' in the football world.

SLUDGE FACTORY
30-06-23, 18:20
Millwall mentioned today only rumour?

I think that's too high a bar personally

Des Parrot
30-06-23, 18:23
"Sparky"?

I always thought that nicknames had to be 'earned' in the football world.

David Marshall’s nickname is Boggy so …..!

Chris Pontprennau Blues
30-06-23, 18:28
Good luck Sparky .. you'll always be a Bluebird at heart

jon1959
30-06-23, 18:28

:thumbup:

2b2bdoo
30-06-23, 18:43
Worked hard, if he can add goals to his games he would be a great asset to someone but that’s a big IF.

The right decision to let him go.

Hilts
30-06-23, 18:52
All the best.

Hes a lot better than a number of players we have under contract but we have to make room for new players.

Lets hope we can bring in someone better.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
30-06-23, 18:54
David Marshall’s nickname is Boggy so …..!
Was it? I'd never heard of that before (boggy marsh, I do get it) . Nevertheless, Marshall had done enough at the club to endear himself to the fans, whereby they felt it appropriate to give him a nickname (if true? ) .
'Psycho' - Jason Perry...
Uh, the list isn't long and distinguished.
So, there's definitely no place for 'Sparky' Harris.

splott parker
30-06-23, 19:03
Was it? I'd never heard of that before (boggy marsh, I do get it) . Nevertheless, Marshall had done enough at the club to endear himself to the fans, whereby they felt it appropriate to give him a nickname (if true? ) .
'Psycho' - Jason Perry...
Uh, the list isn't long and distinguished.
So, there's definitely no place for 'Sparky' Harris.

He should retrain as an electrician.

AdrianAlston
30-06-23, 19:26
He'd have done a job for us a squad player, I'm sorry to see him go. He was good off the bench. He'll make a good living from the game. Whether it is the right decision to let him go, very much depends upon his replacement.

Some of the moronic twitter accounts celebrating him leaving makes you ashamed to be a Bluebird. There really are some very stupid, ignorant people who think they are 'a thing'.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
30-06-23, 19:31
He should retrain as an electrician.

He still wouldn't be able to hold a light to Carl Dale.

Rock_Flock_of_Five
30-06-23, 19:32
He'd have done a job for us a squad player, I'm sorry to see him go. He was good off the bench. He'll make a good living from the game. Whether it is the right decision to let him go, very much depends upon his replacement.

Some of the moronic twitter accounts celebrating him leaving makes you ashamed to be a Bluebird. There really are some very stupid, ignorant people who think they are 'a thing'.

Did he score many goals for us coming off the bench?

AdrianAlston
30-06-23, 19:46
He still wouldn't be able to hold a light to Carl Dale.

The Car Dale, before his injury, was very unlucky not to play at a higher level. A top player. We should start a thread on 'the best Gogs to play for us'. It could be particularly relevant with the Levitt rumours, although again I can see how it is practicable given he's under contract and a transfer fee would be due.

Is Carl still working as an electrician? He was living in Bassaleg, wasn't he?

Des Parrot
30-06-23, 19:55
Was it? I'd never heard of that before (boggy marsh, I do get it) . Nevertheless, Marshall had done enough at the club to endear himself to the fans, whereby they felt it appropriate to give him a nickname (if true? ) . .

I was fortunate enough to be asked to present the goal of the season award on behalf of the 27 club, for that goal by Mark Hudson. However, he wasn’t there as his wife was running the London marathon the next day. So, Boggy collected it on his behalf. That’s when I found out about his nickname.

2b2bdoo
30-06-23, 20:01

I can get a reason to keep him and not keep him. In a forward line that struggled last season he was still some way off it tho.

I don’t get people why people would celebrate though. He worked hard, did his best. What else can we ask for from a youth product if they don’t have the talent.

AdrianAlston
30-06-23, 20:15
I can get a reason to keep him and not keep him. In a forward line that struggled last season he was still some way off it tho.

I don’t get people why people would celebrate though. He worked hard, did his best. What else can we ask for from a youth product if they don’t have the talent.

I agree with all of that. Although, I have some sympathy with all of our forward players as our midfield creativity was our greatest weakness

jon1959
30-06-23, 20:36
It was a 52:48 call for me.

I would have preferred Harris to stay. I understand the arguments about end product and creating squad spaces.

But he worked hard, had some pace, occupied defenders, scored some good goals (not enough), was an Academy product (always due a bit more leeway) and was an OK option, especially off the bench. Not a great loss, but still would have liked him to stay and play at his best under Bulut.

But, hey - I hope he has a decent career somewhere else (Derby, Blackburn.... maybe even Sheffield Wednesday given our recent history). And I hope we recruit better!

Keyser Soze
30-06-23, 21:07
Decent fella, fair play. Often reminded me of Phil Stant. Without the goals.

The Lone Gunman
30-06-23, 21:31
Decent fella, fair play. Often reminded me of Phil Stant. Without the goals.

What a bizarre comparison. The way Harris plays bears no resemblance whatsoever to the way Stant played. Not even remotely similar.

DubaiDai
30-06-23, 21:56
To be fair many posters have admitted that Harry Kane would struggle to score goals for us over the last 3 years or so. I hope Bulut can change our playing style to be more creative up front

superfeathers
30-06-23, 22:57
So apart from the consistency, the goals, the close control and the ability to hold up the ball......what have the Romans ever done for us??

😂

Carl Dale's Mole
01-07-23, 03:22

This.

And I wonder what the “Rhys Healey leaves” thread looked like.

Will be rooting for him to do well wherever he goes (just not against us).

olderblue
01-07-23, 06:02
This.

And I wonder what the “Rhys Healey leaves” thread looked like.

Will be rooting for him to do well wherever he goes (just not against us).

He will find his level, which I think is in league two rather than league one.
He worked hard and gave 100% when he played, but isn’t that the minimum we should expect?

Good luck to the lad, but in reality he isn’t what we need right now if we’re going to get away from just hanging on in the Championship.

We need better players right throughout the squad

Des Parrot
01-07-23, 07:57
He will find his level, which I think is in league two rather than league one.
He worked hard and gave 100% when he played, but isn’t that the minimum we should expect?

Good luck to the lad, but in reality he isn’t what we need right now if we’re going to get away from just hanging on in the Championship.

We need better players right throughout the squad

I don’t think anyone will disagree with you, let’s hope that we can employ those “better players”, we need some evidence and quickly.

Armitage Shanks
01-07-23, 07:59
What a bizarre comparison. The way Harris plays bears no resemblance whatsoever to the way Stant played. Not even remotely similar.

Like comparing acid with alkaline. Totally different.
Oh to have had Phil stant last season in our midfield

Hilts
01-07-23, 08:41

If wed had Phil Stant in our midfield last season wed definitely have been relegated.

splott parker
01-07-23, 09:02
If wed had Phil Stant in our midfield last season wed definitely have been relegated.

Exactly, apart from the fact that he was never good enough for the level we're at now, he must be pushing 60.

Dave Blue
01-07-23, 09:11

The unfortunate situation in recent times is we release players we feel aren’t up to the job only to bring in others who are far inferior.

SLUDGE FACTORY
01-07-23, 09:15
Harris was like a bargain basement Paul Brayson

Useful utility player

But not championship standard

Nothing wrong with being a good league one player

The Lone Gunman
01-07-23, 09:18
The unfortunate situation in recent times is we release players we feel aren’t up to the job only to bring in others who are far inferior.

In fairness, that’s unlikely to be the case with Harris. After all, he couldn’t pin down a regular starting place in the most sterile attack the club has had in decades. If City can’t do better than him then relegation is a certainty.

splott parker
01-07-23, 10:25
In fairness, that’s unlikely to be the case with Harris. After all, he couldn’t pin down a regular starting place in the most sterile attack the club has had in decades. If City can’t do better than him then relegation is a certainty.

Someone on here mentioned Millwall, I’d be very happy if he was their main striker next season.

Carl Dale's Mole
01-07-23, 10:30
Someone on here mentioned Millwall, I’d be very happy if he was their main striker next season.

Twitter thinks Blackburn and Derby are keen on him.

splott parker
01-07-23, 10:49
Twitter thinks Blackburn and Derby are keen on him.

Blackburn will do, anyone in our division in fact. He’d only score in two games all season, obviously against us.

Carl Dale's Mole
01-07-23, 10:54
Blackburn will do, anyone in our division in fact. He’d only score in two games all season, obviously against us.

Injury time winner to send us down to Lee Gwan NQAT!

life on mars
01-07-23, 11:00
Good luck for the lad , think he needs more development to build on his potential in particular his positional sense .

splott parker
01-07-23, 11:28
Third page and no dml berating anyone. He either, shockingly, didn’t rate a City player or, now Harris has left, he just doesn’t exist anymore.

Heathblue
01-07-23, 11:37
Rabbit in the headlights player, some decent goals, never a starter, a lower division David Fairclough super sub, hasn't the ability to see those around him when moving forward, good luck to him,

pipster
01-07-23, 11:44
Never really knew his best position, not a strike - more a winger but it didnt really work out. Cracking player and a superb attitude though. Needs regular match time probably at a League 1 club (which could be us next season)

Bobby Dandruff
01-07-23, 17:50

Stant was an out and out striker, wasn’t he??!!!

Rock_Flock_of_Five
01-07-23, 18:09
Never really knew his best position, not a strike - more a winger but it didnt really work out. Cracking player and a superb attitude though. Needs regular match time probably at a League 1 club (which could be us next season)

Was he really a "cracking player?"
If, he was indeed a racking player, it WOULD have worked out.
Unfortunately for him, he was a player who huffed and puffed but could never blow the house down.