PDA

View Full Version : Utility Warehouse ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
11-07-23, 13:17
Anyone find it saves you money and saves hassle to have everything in one bill ?

Plusnet seem OK so far and Eon are reasonable but I was wondering if this lot are worth a try ?

bluesp
11-07-23, 14:00
Anyone find it saves you money and saves hassle to have everything in one bill ?

Plusnet seem OK so far and Eon are reasonable but I was wondering if this lot are worth a try ?

I've used UW for a few years now and they are fine. Just gas/ electric currently as I switch broadband at the end of each contract. I'm looking at switching our holiday let to UW from EDF as the latter are absolute clowns. The good thing is that I have a mate who does UW so when I switch to them if they release a fix I can switch straight to it

SLUDGE FACTORY
11-07-23, 14:44
I've used UW for a few years now and they are fine. Just gas/ electric currently as I switch broadband at the end of each contract. I'm looking at switching our holiday let to UW from EDF as the latter are absolute clowns. The good thing is that I have a mate who does UW so when I switch to them if they release a fix I can switch straight to it

Cheers

I pay 40 quid internet and phone and I am happy with plusnet but like all the others it's an 18 month job and it's going to shoot up to 53 next year

Wtf do they do this and is leaving and starting a new deal at the end of each contract what everyone does ?

It's fec kin stupid

bluesp
11-07-23, 14:52
Cheers

I pay 40 quid internet and phone and I am happy with plusnet but like all the others it's an 18 month job and it's going to shoot up to 53 next year

Wtf do they do this and is leaving and starting a new deal at the end of each contract what everyone does ?

It's fec kin stupid

That's what I do with my broadband. Just switched from BT to Sky, same speed 140 ish mbps 18 months at £30/mth. Also £100 cashback through Topcashback

SLUDGE FACTORY
11-07-23, 14:57
That's what I do with my broadband. Just switched from BT to Sky, same speed 140 ish mbps 18 months at £30/mth. Also £100 cashback through Topcashback

But why don't sky keep you on and at a decent price ?

If everyone is jumping ship then surely all of them should try and keep people ?

How long before deal ends do you do a runner and has trying to stay with them .....in your case sky ......ever worked ?

I really can't be arsed with the hassle which I why I might give it all to utility warehouse ?

life on mars
11-07-23, 15:09
But why don't sky keep you on and at a decent price ?

If everyone is jumping ship then surely all of them should try and keep people ?

How long before deal ends do you do a runner and has trying to stay with them .....in your case sky ......ever worked ?

I really can't be arsed with the hassle which I why I might give it all to utility warehouse ?

It's run by captalist City Tory types this is worth noting :

Cons: One of the worst for its support for vulnerable customers.

Sell up, buy a Camper van , go off grid , is the only way forward lastly declare yourself gender neutral , as it enables you too pee anywhere.

J R Hartley
11-07-23, 15:15
I know one or two of the local partners / sales agents, they are almost cult like.

First they get you on board as a customer, then they try and get you to work for them as an agent and any customers you get on board you have to kick back some of your commision to the agent who introduced you to UW.

superfeathers
11-07-23, 15:24
I know one or two of the local partners / sales agents, they are almost cult like.

First they get you on board as a customer, then they try and get you to work for them as an agent and any customers you get on board you have to kick back some of your commision to the agent who introduced you to UW.

This.

Also customer service is apparently not v. good.
You'll get better pricing and service quality by not having all your eggs in one basket

blue matt
11-07-23, 16:36
This.

You'll get better pricing and service quality by not having all your eggs in one basket

Agreed

sign you up for utilities, then the sell of being a agent to sell to your friends, after all why not, its a great company with great prices, share the knowledge, oh and you will make 10% *** of what you sell, it'll pay for some of your utilities ( of course they Get a % of what you sell ), they you find yourself bothering your mates to sign them up to become customers, then if you achieve that, you bother them some more to become agents , you drive around in a Mini thats sign written up with UW

it reminds me of a story about a business model that looked very similar to a pyramid scheme which of course UW isnt, as a pyramid scheme is illegal in the UK and UW are perfectly legal and above board

*** 10% is a guess

SLUDGE FACTORY
11-07-23, 21:51

One of the local agents is a complete cult

SLUDGE FACTORY
11-07-23, 21:53
This.

I thought that was the bait ?

For people like me , blinded by all their bullshit , the idea of a all in one bill is great

As long as that's what actually happens

pipster
12-07-23, 20:58
It's run by captalist City Tory types this is worth noting :

Cons: One of the worst for its support for vulnerable customers.

Sell up, buy a Camper van , go off grid , is the only way forward lastly declare yourself gender neutral , as it enables you too pee anywhere.

Just about every option open to him is run by Tory types - so he is screwed. His only option - switch off and go sit in an empty room with a copy of razzle and the Jeremy Corbyn book of memes.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-23, 21:31
Just about every option open to him is run by Tory types - so he is screwed. His only option - switch off and go sit in an empty room with a copy of razzle and the Jeremy Corbyn book of memes.

Well that's not my fault

It was you tory ***** who privatised it all

I wouldn't be surprised if you bought BT shares off Maggie

F all to do with me