PDA

View Full Version : We are going to finish 23rd

Carl Dale's Mole
23-07-23, 11:47
According to FourFourTwo's big Season Preview edition.

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

They have Ipswich making the playoffs.

Swansea 14th and Bristol City 16th.

What do you think? Are we going to finish 23rd?

Armitage Shanks
23-07-23, 11:55
I really don't understand why we are favourites for relegation with the bookies. Probably heart v head but I'm hoping for a top 10 finish

jon1959
23-07-23, 11:57

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

No

llan bluebird
23-07-23, 12:13
But this is about balancing a book rather than odds vs probability.

Unless you are daft enough to follow us you probably haven't been paying attention to Vinny drifting away and paying the second and third installment of the Nantes money, a proper manager turning up, and some decent championship players arriving and those not quite at that level leaving.

There'll be fivers and tenners from south Wales on us at fancy odds, but little elsewhere. 13/8 for Leicester to be promoted seems stingy to me when generally (the stattos on here will prove me wrong :)) at least one of the relegated teams blow up into a mini-crisis and death spiral. I think Southampton will be the team this year, they bought a lot of (too) young players last year who struggled in the premier league but with another year and an easier league will be decent IMO.

I think its going to be very tight top 10

Tuerto
23-07-23, 12:14

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

I think that we may struggle.

OurManFlint II
23-07-23, 12:15

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

We've lost our 3 best players from last year, the replacements so far are very questionable. Only the Welsh goggles think Ramsey will be a success, almost everyone else think he's finished. An unkown manager and a transfer embargo, its easy to see and understand if pragmatic.

We are in for a season of struggle and I'd be very surprised if we end the season with the manager we started with. 20 and below for me.

Trigger
23-07-23, 12:26
Probably printed before recent signings but still don't think they are far off it.

Lot of optimism here is for the unknown quality of our manager and Ramsey.

I think Ramsey is a good signing for our squad but it's so difficult to say how impactful he will be.

I do think Grant looks a good addition.

Biggest issue is we have lost our better players from last year and I'm still not convinced we will score enough.

life on mars
23-07-23, 12:31

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

T be honest they haven't got a clue

Der Kaiser
23-07-23, 12:34

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

This Ipswich love in amongst the bookies and the media seems a bit unjustified, you'd think they'd won League 1 by 50 points last season... they didn't even win it :facepalm:

Des Parrot
23-07-23, 12:35
No I don’t but it’s also not as rosy as some people are thinking.
Bulut for Lamouchi
Goutas for Kipre
Grant for Kaba
Ramsey for Philogene
Meite for Harris
Ugbo for Whyte
I don’t think we’ll be relegated but it would be good to get a couple more in for us to make a big step forward

sneggyblubird
23-07-23, 12:40

Unless you are daft enough to follow us you probably haven't been paying attention to Vinny drifting away and paying the second and third installment of the Nantes money, a proper manager turning up, and some decent championship players arriving and those not quite at that level leaving.

There'll be fivers and tenners from south Wales on us at fancy odds, but little elsewhere. 13/8 for Leicester to be promoted seems stingy to me when generally (the stattos on here will prove me wrong :)) at least one of the relegated teams blow up into a mini-crisis and death spiral. I think Southampton will be the team this year, they bought a lot of (too) young players last year who struggled in the premier league but with another year and an easier league will be decent IMO.

I think you're right on the money:hehe:(poor pun)The same bookies had WBA as a shoe in this time last year if I remember right.Thing is they are guided by money first and foremost together with the perceived wisdom of those who profess to know all.I'd like to think what we are doing this season is under their radar and I'm confident there will be no repeat of last season.

IanD
23-07-23, 13:00
Let's see how many points we've picked up by the end of Ipswich away. Right now, head says bottom quarter. Lots of unknown variables at the moment. Eg Collins at LB regaining form, if indeed he is first choice LB. A leader on the pitch (Ramsey?) is desperately needed, too, as there was no-one directing operations last season like Gunnarson used to do so effectively. This time last year there were three away friendlies which gave an idea of how well (badly) we were going to do. Whilst Portugal was a good test, let's see how we get on v Wycombe and Leeds (forget Colchester...play the nippers). Plus, if we don't beat QPR at home then it could be another long season.

Mr Soul '68
23-07-23, 14:17

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

I'll hazard a guess where we are going to end up in this division once the transfer window closes. Still just over a month to go. We really do need a new goalkeeper if we are to progress up the league though, more than a player in any other position. Neither Alsop nor Alnwick fill me with confidence.

Moodybluebird
23-07-23, 16:27
I would put good money on Leicester not winning the league, especially now they've lost Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes. Just about making the play-offs in my eyes.

As for the City, I definitely don't see us in a relegation scrap but much will depend on the quality of our next batch of signings. If they are good or possibly very good I think we may surprise a few people.

The Lone Gunman
23-07-23, 16:43
The same bookies had WBA as a shoe in this time last year if I remember right.

You don't remember right. Norwich were narrow favourites for promotion last year. West Brom were third in the betting.

2b2bdoo
23-07-23, 16:59
If we get the keeper we need I’m positively looking at mid table.

the other bob wilson
23-07-23, 17:05
Think we look weaker in defence and slightly improved in midfield and attack (although all three of our new forwards had a poor time of it in 22/23). We still look like a bottom third squad that needs our manager to be as good as Mehmet Dalman thinks he is.

Pedro de la Rosa
23-07-23, 17:06
If we get the keeper we need I’m positively looking at mid table.

I’d have a keeper way down the list of priorities. We need goals, creativity from deep, a centre half and full back cover

sneggyblubird
23-07-23, 17:08
You don't remember right. Norwich were narrow favourites for promotion last year. West Brom were third in the betting.

If Carlsberg did pedantic.

2b2bdoo
23-07-23, 17:09
I’d have a keeper way down the list of priorities. We need goals, creativity from deep, a centre half and full back cover

Not for me, a keeper is total priority I have little faith in either we have. Their stats last season were the worse or near the worse. I think a decent keeper wacks a shed load of points on.

Hilts
23-07-23, 17:11

Nah we need a keeper as an absolute priority.

Then a CB.

I think 2 players of quality there and we should be safe.

rich munn
23-07-23, 17:39
[QUOTE=OurManFlint II;5440693Only the Welsh goggles think Ramsey will be a success, almost everyone else think he's finished.

This is an example of the stupidity of social media.

How anyone could make such a crass comment as a fact and get away with it is beyond me. I don't know whose Man Flint you are but they are welcome to you.

:ayatollah:

rich munn
23-07-23, 17:44

TLG stands at the side with his bucket of cold water, just waiting for any sign of optimism to douse.

It's his way and has been for years.

The Lone Gunman
23-07-23, 18:04

It’s pedantic to point out someone’s claim was hopelessly wide of the mark? Righto…

The Lone Gunman
23-07-23, 18:09
TLG stands at the side with his bucket of cold water, just waiting for any sign of optimism to douse.

It’s got nothing to do with optimism or otherwise. I’m merely pointing out that the bookies did not believe West Brom were a shoe-in last year as was claimed.

They were well wide of the mark with their predictions last season. Burnley, who pissed the division, were ranked sixth in the pre-season betting. City were ranked 15th, so they got that badly wrong too.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 18:14
All keepers have the ability to pull off spectacular saves

But it's the meat and drink playing from the back , distribution , organising the defence etc that breeds confidence that is vital

And we don't have a goalkeeper in the two main incumbents who offer that

So we need a new face and possibly two

Pedro de la Rosa
23-07-23, 18:37
Nah we need a keeper as an absolute priority.

Then a CB.

I think 2 players of quality there and we should be safe.

We are one injury away from Jack Simpson starting, and god knows who can pass in CM if we lose Wintle. Ugbo is not prolific, we need another option.

Allsop is OK, he’s not great but he was not the season we couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo last season.

A Quiet Monkfish
23-07-23, 18:40
A couple of weeks to go, and without 2 or 3 good signings, I think currently we're no stronger than last season. Does our manager know the Championship ? Has he underestimated it ? I hope not, but he doesn't half sound optimistic !

2b2bdoo
23-07-23, 18:55
We are one injury away from Jack Simpson starting, and god knows who can pass in CM if we lose Wintle. Ugbo is not prolific, we need another option.

Allsop is OK, he’s not great but he was not the season we couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo last season.

I’d rather a first choice keeper than a back up CB even if it meant Simpson starting. I’d be amazed if both aren’t signed though.

Pedro de la Rosa
23-07-23, 18:59
I’d rather a first choice keeper than a back up CB even if it meant Simpson starting. I’d be amazed if both aren’t signed though.

I would be surprised if we sign a keeper

Bald Barry Bastad
23-07-23, 19:03

This is why a central defender is a priority. Simpson being one injury away from first team action fills me with dread. Nice guy but not championship level.

EastbourneBlue
23-07-23, 19:08
I think we’re definitely stronger than last season

2b2bdoo
23-07-23, 19:12

It leaves question marks over the manager for me if he can’t see it.

Pedro de la Rosa
23-07-23, 19:57

We have so many holes to fill. Allsop and Alnwick aren’t as bad as people make out on here. We cannot plug every gap, and we need to get people out. Alnwick and Allsop both have a contract, it isn’t that simple and we can only have 5 loans in a squad. Good keepers that can be signed for free don't grow on trees.

North Cardiff Blue
23-07-23, 20:28

Allsop is one of the best keepers in the League.

If you want to be relegated he's your man he was very unlucky not to get a three-year treble last season, if it hadn't been for Reading and Wigan's points deductions he would have got that honor last season, and he only missed it by a point or two.

North Cardiff Blue
23-07-23, 20:31
We have so many holes to fill. Allsop and Alnwick aren’t as bad as people make out on here. We cannot plug every gap, and we need to get people out. Alnwick and Allsop both have a contract, it isn’t that simple and we can only have 5 loans in a squad. Good keepers that can be signed for free don't grow on trees.

Keepers and Strikers are the two most important positions on the pitch, if we had Kaba and a good keeper I would be feeling a lot more optimistic.

North Cardiff Blue
23-07-23, 20:32

I'd be amazed if we aren't already trying.

North Cardiff Blue
23-07-23, 20:35

I don't think he will start a game this season, they would reshuffle NG before contemplating that, and I'd try and move him on, they need a centre half too and I'm sure they will be looking for one also.

North Cardiff Blue
23-07-23, 20:35

Too right sacked by Christmas.

It's not only making saves that make a keeper so important it's instilling confidence in the defence like Marshall used to and commanding his area.

A keeper is the number one priority.

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:01
I don’t understand why people are flapping and doom mongering when we are nowhere near the end of the transfer window. Maybe give the new manager a chance to finish assembling his squad before you decide it’s not good enough?

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 21:12
Looking at the reality of things seems to be a no-no on here if that look ends up not being full of positivity. Here's my take on transfers so far.

Kipre out, Goutas in. Kipre was our best centre back last season by a distance. Who knows if Goutas is as good? Maybe he will be. Let's hope so because if he isn't we're in the shit. Ng was average at centre back when played there, McGuinness is debatably more a League 1 player and prone to the odd mistake. Then we have Jack Simpson. Christ. Goutas the unknown apart, that's the worst we've had in centre defence arguably since we were last in the third tier. No reason for optimism there.

Watters/Harris/Kaba/Philogene out, Meite/Ugbo/Grant in. Grant should be an improvement there, but Philogene will be missed. The others fail to inspire me so far. Hopefully I'll be wrong. Shame we lost Kaba, but Harris and Watters aren't good enough at this level.

Ramsey in. Hopefully he'll inspire and get an extra bit out of the players we have around him. His influence will be absolutely crucial.

Hopefully we'll get full seasons out of Adams and Collins. They look capable of being better than we have. Colwill needs to step up to the plate.

Some will call me negative without being remotely interested in offering different opinions. I don't give a shit about that.

There's the potential for things to be better than last season but I fear it will all be unravelled because of a lack of quality still in midfield and at the back.

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 21:13
I don’t understand why people are flapping and doom mongering when we are nowhere near the end of the transfer window. Maybe give the new manager a chance to finish assembling his squad before you decide it’s not good enough?

Isn't that what others are doing - looking at the situation as it stands and commenting on it?

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:20
Looking at the reality of things seems to be a no-no on here if that look ends up not being full of positivity. Here's my take on transfers so far.

Kipre out, Goutas in. Kipre was our best centre back last season by a distance. Who knows if Goutas is as good? Maybe he will be. Let's hope so because if he isn't we're in the shit. Ng was average at centre back when played there, McGuinness is debatably more a League 1 player and prone to the odd mistake. Then we have Jack Simpson. Christ. Goutas the unknown apart, that's the worst we've had in centre defence arguably since we were last in the third tier. No reason for optimism there.

Watters/Harris/Kaba/Philogene out, Meite/Ugbo/Grant in. Grant should be an improvement there, but Philogene will be missed. The others fail to inspire me so far. Hopefully I'll be wrong. Shame we lost Kaba, but Harris and Watters aren't good enough at this level.

Ramsey in. Hopefully he'll inspire and get an extra bit out of the players we have around him. His influence will be absolutely crucial.

Hopefully we'll get full seasons out of Adams and Collins. They look capable of being better than we have. Colwill needs to step up to the plate.

Some will call me negative without being remotely interested in offering different opinions. I don't give a shit about that.

There's the potential for things to be better than last season but I fear it will all be unravelled because of a lack of quality still in midfield and at the back.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here !

Stick to the darts sonny ff sake

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:22
Isn't that what others are doing - looking at the situation as it stands and commenting on it?

The ones who are looking at things like you are miserable gits with black glasses on carrying a copy of the book of the dead

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:22

A number of posts I’ve read in this thread are predicting a poor season based on an unfinished squad. It’s like picking the winner of the Grand National when only 5 out of 40 horses have been announced

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 21:24
A number of posts I’ve read in this thread are predicting a poor season based on an unfinished squad. It’s like picking the winner of the Grand National when only 5 out of 40 horses have been announced

But that's just the feeling as things stand at the moment, unless you're suggesting everyone doesn't have an opinion until the squad is completed?

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 21:27
The ones who are looking at things like you are miserable gits with black glasses on carrying a copy of the book of the dead

Water off a duck's back, mate. At least I'm giving thoughts on what's going on instead of piss all like you.

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:28
But that's just the feeling as things stand at the moment, unless you're suggesting everyone doesn't have an opinion until the squad is completed?

Absolutely not what I’m saying. People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle is very different to we are going to struggle this season.

OurManFlint II
23-07-23, 21:30
[QUOTE=OurManFlint II;5440693Only the Welsh goggles think Ramsey will be a success, almost everyone else think he's finished.

This is an example of the stupidity of social media.

How anyone could make such a crass comment as a fact and get away with it is beyond me. I don't know whose Man Flint you are but they are welcome to you.

sorry to many typos or pints, not sure on your point but love your optimism...me, i'm an optimism with experience :frown:

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:35
Water off a duck's back, mate. At least I'm giving thoughts on what's going on instead of piss all like you.

They are nonsense statements from inside a damaged brain

We could beat Swansea ten nil and you would moan it wasn't eleven

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:36
Absolutely not what I’m saying. People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle is very different to we are going to struggle this season.

Are the last two parts of your sentence the same thing ?

OurManFlint II
23-07-23, 21:39

Under an embargo, right, what an idiot this manager is....transfer kitty for the next 5 years already gone to Nantes. The poor f*cker is juggling plates and people want more...For Cardiff to come close to break even they probably need a wage budget of 4k across 23 players.
Honestly, who is going to buy anybody from our squad, secondly where is the money coming from to fund such luxuries of a new keeper on a free, no less :hehe: ?

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:40
Are the last two parts of your sentence the same thing ?

Nope. The latter point is about people presuming we will struggle this season before the manager has finished building his squad

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 21:40
They are nonsense statements from inside a damaged brain

We could beat Swansea ten nil and you would moan it wasn't eleven

Over to you. I'm interested to hear why you think they are nonsense statements. Be prepared to back up your arguments.

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 21:43
Nope. The latter point is about people presuming we will struggle this season before the manager has finished building his squad

Yes, but they're only doing so based on what's happened so far, which is why I asked whether posters shouldn't have an opinion until the squad is completed. You've said they are allowed an opinion before then, which is what they're giving.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:44

What's the middle bit about then ?

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:45
Yes, but they're only doing so based on what's happened so far, which is why I asked whether posters shouldn't have an opinion until the squad is completed. You've said they are allowed an opinion before then, which is what they're giving.

Of course everyone can have an opinion, I’m all for free speech. It just seems strange to me to predict a poor season before we know the full squad available.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:45
Over to you. I'm interested to hear why you think they are nonsense statements. Be prepared to back up your arguments.

You don't set the rules sonny

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:46
What's the middle bit about then ?

Are you being silly Sludge?

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:46

So is the other one ff sake

OurManFlint II
23-07-23, 21:47
Of course everyone can have an opinion, I’m all for free speech. It just seems strange to me to predict a poor season before we know the full squad available.

Yeah but how....how we going to "finish business", with no money, boarding FFP, and a transfer embargo?

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:49
Yeah but how....how we going to "finish business", with no money, boarding FFP, and a transfer embargo?

We seem to be doing ok so far, and there’s loans available and players to leave also

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 21:50
Are you being silly Sludge?

We are going to struggle

We are going to struggle this season

That's your sentence composition and as far as I can see there is no difference ....

You say there is

I am stranded on the island of confusion here mate

bluesp
23-07-23, 21:57
We are going to struggle

We are going to struggle this season

That's your sentence composition and as far as I can see there is no difference ....

You say there is

I am stranded on the island of confusion here mate

How’s this:

A) People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle

B) is very different to we are going to struggle this season. ( so not factoring in any new additions whilst predicting a poor campaign)

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 22:03
How’s this:

A) People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle

B) is very different to we are going to struggle this season. ( so not factoring in any new additions whilst predicting a poor campaign)

That's better

Now you are speaking my language

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 22:05
You don't set the rules sonny

Nicely avoided and useful for future reference.

jon1959
23-07-23, 22:18

This time last summer we had brought in Kipre on loan, but not Philogene - and Kaba was 6 months in the future. We hadn't signed Etete or Robinson either - although both those were for fees which we can't do this window. I expect 3 more in - and I'm sure they will change the look of the squad.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-07-23, 22:20
Nicely avoided and useful for future reference.

I can't be arsed debating with the most miserable pundit on here .......equals avoidance

I can deal with that

bluesp
23-07-23, 22:24
This time last summer we had brought in Kipre on loan, but not Philogene - and Kaba was 6 months in the future. We hadn't signed Etete or Robinson either - although both those were for fees which we can't do this window. I expect 3 more in - and I'm sure they will change the look of the squad.

Spot on

Eric the Half a Bee
23-07-23, 22:47
I can't be arsed debating with the most miserable pundit on here .......equals avoidance

I can deal with that

In fairness, you've spent decades avoiding debate when it suits you.

SLUDGE FACTORY
24-07-23, 00:15
In fairness, you've spent decades avoiding debate when it suits you.

In fairness that's cobblers

Stick to jocky wilson

Moodybluebird
24-07-23, 00:21
Taking a positive slant on things, we've now got two goods players back (Collins and Robinson), who both missed a substantial number of games last season, a proven goalscorer in Karlan Grant, a certain Aaron Ramsey and the promise of at least three more additions before the season starts.

Although nothing can be taken for granted in this league, for the life of me I cannot understand why many on here seem so fearful of our chances this season. The friendlies were used to raise fitness levels and try out different players and systems so should not be used as a barometer of our future success or otherwise. It is very likely our squad will bear little resemblance to the current one in a few weeks time.

Another factor that has been overlooked is that come January, the embargo will have been lifted and we will be able to play the market again should funds be available, which I'm reasonably certain they will be. At the end of last season, the feeling of doom was palpable. By and large the feelgood factor has returned and a defeat against one of the best teams in Europe shouldn't change this.

Alan Lung
24-07-23, 00:31
In fairness that's cobblers

Stick to jocky wilson

He's right though, old chum.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 06:53
Under an embargo, right, what an idiot this manager is....transfer kitty for the next 5 years already gone to Nantes. The poor f*cker is juggling plates and people want more...For Cardiff to come close to break even they probably need a wage budget of 4k across 23 players.
Honestly, who is going to buy anybody from our squad, secondly where is the money coming from to fund such luxuries of a new keeper on a free, no less :hehe: ?

The same as the rest free transfer or a loan, probably a premier League young keeper.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 06:57

Agreed that's the reported situation, we will need them.

Taunton Blue Genie
24-07-23, 07:20
Too right sacked by Christmas.

It's not only making saves that make a keeper so important it's instilling confidence in the defence like Marshall used to and commanding his area.

A keeper is the number one priority.

Marshall was the most brilliant shot-stoppers but he certainly didn't command his area. My seat is behind one of the goals and he rarely left his line on crosses and corners.

Hilts
24-07-23, 07:43
Marshall was the most brilliant shot-stoppers but he certainly didn't command his area. My seat is behind one of the goals and he rarely left his line on crosses and corners.

Yeah but the defence would have had confidence of shots going in being saved.

I reckon the points swing of Marshall winning us points and Allsopp losing them is huge.

Marshall used to make some unbelievable saves. Allsopp regularly lets in shots while not absolute howlers you think he should have done better.

Allsopp was a significant reason on why we were one of the worst sides in the league last season and it looks like hes still going to be there with a defence minus Kipre.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 07:56

He was shouting and organising, he was respected and trusted, and he calmed the defence, they were not panicking and worried as to whether he would come and take the ball or not, I dispute that he never left his line also, that's certainly not how I remember him.

When you have a good keeper, it's not always spectacular saves, because a good keeper has good angles and is rarely beaten, so sometimes you'll look back and say they had no real chances, that's because a good keeper will be in the right place at the right time narrow the angle and make it look easy, the same as a good Striker doing the opposite.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 07:59

I reckon the points swing of Marshall winning us points and Allsopp losing them is huge.

Marshall used to make some unbelievable saves. Allsopp regularly lets in shots while not absolute howlers you think he should have done better.

Allsopp was a significant reason on why we were one of the worst sides in the league last season and it looks like hes still going to be there with a defence minus Kipre.

Exactly a hell of a coincidence that he was relegated two seasons in a row and almost three.

Nobody's Rep
24-07-23, 08:13
Well at least the fans that went to pre seasons at home and then Portugal were supportive - apparently the Swans were booed off at half time in their game with Oxford and cheers went up when the swans keeper caught the ball - that is another level degree of entitlement

Hilts
24-07-23, 08:43
Well at least the fans that went to pre seasons at home and then Portugal were supportive - apparently the Swans were booed off at half time in their game with Oxford and cheers went up when the swans keeper caught the ball - that is another level degree of entitlement

They have wanted both Martin and Cooper out. Totally deluded fan base.

Taunton Blue Genie
24-07-23, 10:04

My comment was specifically in response to that made about him commanding his area and you seem to agree by adding 'Yeah but....' :shrug:

SLUDGE FACTORY
24-07-23, 10:43
He's right though, old chum.

Know heeze knot

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-23, 10:50
Keepers and Strikers are the two most important positions on the pitch, if we had Kaba and a good keeper I would be feeling a lot more optimistic.

Keepers are not more important than centre halves, wingers or centre midfielders. That is absolute cobblers. Plenty of teams have won leagues with average keepers, nobody has won anything with a bang average core or with no goalscorers from all over the pitch.

I would be amazed if they're trying to look for a keeper over those 3.

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-23, 10:55

We were the worst side in the league because we posed no threat going forwards and after a while, our defence crumbled. We couldn't score, it is not that deep. Allsop is not a very good goalkeeper but unless we address the goalscoring issues, we are stuffed. We also have to sign a centre back. It is an absolute must. I have been saying for 12 months we need some new centre mids, too. All our centre mids are incapable of playing intelligent balls, that is why we just pass the ball around looking like we've got no idea what we're doing. Even though Adams, Rino, Wintle and Ralls are all quite different they all do similar jobs and have the same fundamental limitations on the ball.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 10:59
Keepers are not more important than centre halves, wingers or centre midfielders. That is absolute cobblers. Plenty of teams have won leagues with average keepers, nobody has won anything with a bang average core or with no goalscorers from all over the pitch.

I would be amazed if they're trying to look for a keeper over those 3.

Who ?

Is Man City's Keeper crap, was Man U's when they were winning everything?

It's cobblers to think teams can win the league with the worst keeper for stats in the League.

Do you think Man City would have won the title last year with Alsopp?

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 11:03
We were the worst side in the league because we posed no threat going forwards and after a while, our defence crumbled. We couldn't score, it is not that deep. Allsop is not a very good goalkeeper but unless we address the goalscoring issues, we are stuffed. We also have to sign a centre back. It is an absolute must. I have been saying for 12 months we need some new centre mids, too. All our centre mids are incapable of playing intelligent balls, that is why we just pass the ball around looking like we've got no idea what we're doing. Even though Adams, Rino, Wintle and Ralls are all quite different they all do similar jobs and have the same fundamental limitations on the ball.

Kaba addressed the goals and just kept us up, A new Kaba and a new Keeper would make the World of difference.

Do we have a new Kaba, I'm not sure it's hard to gage in friendlies but I don't think so?

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-23, 11:04
Who ?

Is Man City's Keeper crap, was Man U's when they were winning everything?

It's cobblers to think teams can win the league with the worst keeper for stats in the League.

Do you think Man City would have won the title last year with Alsopp?

Yes, I do think they'd have won the league because he never has to do anything :hehe:. If Man City had Emerson in net with Rinomhota in for Rodri and Simpson in for Ruben Dias, they'd struggle more.

Muric at Burnley isn't very good. Sheff Utd have Foderingham in net, he's fine at best. Luton went up with Ethan Horvath who was terrible for Forest. I also don't think there are many good keepers around, Ben Wilson was in the EFL team of the season and he looked a million miles from that in 16-17!

Having a good keeper is important but having centre mids and centre backs are so much more important. We also aren't going to be able to get a Marshall etc for nothing.

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-23, 11:06
Kaba addressed the goals and just kept us up, A new Kaba and a new Keeper would make the World of difference.

Do we have a new Kaba, I'm not sure it's hard to gage in friendlies but I don't think so?

He didn't really. We still hardly scored with him in the side. We need to address the fundamental issues of why we don't score.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 11:08
Yes, I do think they'd have won the league because he never has to do anything :hehe:. If Man City had Emerson in net with Rinomhota in for Rodri and Simpson in for Ruben Dias, they'd struggle more.

Muric at Burnley isn't very good. Sheff Utd have Foderingham in net, he's fine at best. Luton went up with Ethan Horvath who was terrible for Forest. I also don't think there are many good keepers around, Ben Wilson was in the EFL team of the season and he looked a million miles from that in 16-17!

Having a good keeper is important but having centre mids and centre backs are so much more important. We also aren't going to be able to get a Marshall etc for nothing.

He made loads of saves and the sign of a good keeper is that they make it look like they don't have anything to do because they come out and sweep the ball when they need to and stay on their line when they need to.

You are right on that point a good keeper makes it look easy, just a like a good Striker they pass the ball into the net thirty times a season.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 11:09
He didn't really. We still hardly scored with him in the side. We need to address the fundamental issues of why we don't score.

He scored a lot more per game than all the rest, those goals were vital.

North Cardiff Blue
24-07-23, 11:12

How are their stats worse than our keepers?

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/keepers/Championship-Stats

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-23, 11:13
He made loads of saves and the sign of a good keeper is that they make it look like they don't have anything to do because they come out and sweep the ball when they need to and stay on their line when they need to.

You are right on that point a good keeper makes it look easy, just a like a good Striker they pass the ball into the net thirty times a season.

Ederson made 74 saves last season. That's it. He does nothing because their team is so good. Having a keeper is obviously important but if you have a good core you can get away with it. You will get murdered if you have a poor core. Wales had Rush, Hughes and Southall. How did that go?

Eric the Half a Bee
24-07-23, 12:56
He scored a lot more per game than all the rest, those goals were vital.

His goals were vital. It also needs to be said that we were more attacking as a team under Lamouchi than we were before he took over, it wasn't quite the Sory Kaba show. We scored 1 goal more in our first 28 games last season than we did under the last 18 when Lamouchi was in charge. The downside was that we had the joint 7th best defensive record after 28 games but the 5th worst under Lamouchi.

The increase in attacking play led to more goals being conceded.

Forgotmyoldaccount
24-07-23, 14:43
I haven't watched much of us recently, went from an ardent season ticket holder to casual fan who can barely name our starting 11. Based on our downward trajectory, you would think that's a good prediction. On paper the league looks harder than ever.

I went through every team in the league on Wikipedia to see our quality vs the field, I think on paper, we're not that bad. Probably a top 12-14 team. I was very impressed with our first half showing vs Porto (who would walk this league with 110 points+) and we looked very good, fell appart in the second half, but I like what the coach is doing.

Forgotmyoldaccount
24-07-23, 14:46
On the goalkeeper debate, Courtois literally won Real Madrid the Champions league almost singlehandedly, especially in the final vs Liverpool. If they Had Allsop vs Pool' they would have lost 5-1.

Hilts
24-07-23, 14:56
If wed had Allsopp unstead of Marshall in our promotion season there is no way wed have been promoted automatically. We may not have even made the play offs.

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-23, 15:02
If wed had Allsopp unstead of Marshall in our promotion season there is no way wed have been promoted automatically. We may not have even made the play offs.

Cardiff were 19 points clear of 6th, 10 points clear of 3rd, were top of the league for about 30 weeks and completely coasted in the last 7/8 games as they had bugger all to play for as it was already sewn up. That is a ridiculous comment. They'd have walked it with Allsop in goal.

By the way, I don't rate Allsop at all but he isn't that bad. Amazingly his confidence nose dived when he was picking the ball out of the back of the net 3 times a week because we can't mark, don't score and lost every week.

Divine Wright
24-09-23, 16:04
:hehe:

Carl Dale's Mole
24-09-23, 16:16

You've only gone and jinxed it :facepalm: it'll be 24th now!

dml1954
24-09-23, 16:24

You appear to know as little about goal keepers as you do about centre halves. For a bloke who sets himself up as a bit of a footie expert on here, you don't half make yourself look silly with some of your ‘analysis’.

Hilts
24-09-23, 16:39
You appear to know as little about goal keepers as you do about centre halves. For a bloke who sets himself up as a bit of a footie expert on here, you don't half make yourself look silly with some of your ‘analysis’.

Sets myself up as a footie expert.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

From the poster who said we were a better side with Will Vaulks in it.

Tuerto
24-09-23, 16:48

������������

And how Madine was value for money.

splott parker
24-09-23, 17:12

������������

C’mon now, the man is facing a terrible dilemma, the side that just avoided relegation last season were world class in his eyes. How he’d describe this side and the players now they’re 7th would make him look daft(er):hehe:

The Lone Gunman
24-09-23, 17:43
You've only gone and jinxed it :facepalm: it'll be 24th now!

Indeed, history suggests it would be unwise to be getting carried away after eight games.

Guess who was 7th in the table after eight games last season?

ToTaL ITK
24-09-23, 17:48
Indeed, history suggests it would be unwise to be getting carried away after eight games.

Plymouth argyle

Ivortheengine
24-09-23, 18:00
They could be right. Don’t get carried away with this result just yet. 3 wins from the top of the table, 3 defeats from the bottom three. Simple as that. Long way to go , a lot of games to be played, with or without Ramsey. Let’s see what happens. The Championship has never been an easy League. This season won’t be any different.

olderblue
24-09-23, 18:50

Reading?

The Lone Gunman
24-09-23, 18:52
Reading?

Spot on.

TheBirchgrovePub
24-09-23, 20:51

The past 8 days must have hurt you

Dave Blue
24-09-23, 21:22
Feel at this stage it’s a matter of collecting points to retain a half way position and let’s see where it goes from there. Very encouraging though.

Eric the Half a Bee
24-09-23, 21:30
Feel at this stage it’s a matter of collecting points to retain a half way position and let’s see where it goes from there. Very encouraging though.

Absolutely. It's been fun this far. No expectations whatsoever, so whatever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic.

MacAdder
24-09-23, 21:42

He just can't bring himself to say anything positive can he :hehe:

Yes, it will very likely go tits up for us very soon.
We have just had three league wins in a week, two against pretty good sides and one against our arch rivals, but our good fortune will no doubt be be over in a whipstitch.

How dare people get a little bit carried away with it all!

:biggrin:

Eric the Half a Bee
24-09-23, 21:49

Not Reading.

TheBirchgrovePub
24-09-23, 22:38
He just can't bring himself to say anything positive can he :hehe:

Yes, it will very likely go tits up for us very soon.
We have just had three league wins in a week, two against pretty good sides and one against our arch rivals, but our good fortune will no doubt be be over in a whipstitch.

How dare people get a little bit carried away with it all!

:biggrin:

Yeah if it wasn’t so obvious it would be amusing :hehe:

You’d think this thread was everyone lining up to say we’re going up as champions

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 05:06

What a bizarre thing to say. Strange man.

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 05:13
Not Reading.

Ah, Reading had only played 7 games in the BBC table I looked at, which was after City's 8th game. So they were doing better than I thought after 8 games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62644248

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 05:31
Yeah if it wasn’t so obvious it would be amusing

What are your other usernames?

TheBirchgrovePub
25-09-23, 07:17
What a bizarre thing to say. Strange man.

Barely a Cardiff related post since before the 3 wins in 8 days then back to have a snipe at people daring to modestly enjoy it by posting some (wrong) irrelevant facts about who was 7th last season.

Hilts
25-09-23, 07:17
I think carried away would be suggesting promotion challenges.

We avoided the drop because of a sides points deduction cant buy any players and just won 3 on the bounce.

I dont think we will be in a relegation battle after initially going into the season where id have taken a place above the drop zone.

Its an encouraging start to a much needed rebuild. Its helped that 3 players who were with us last season are having such a poitive impact. Collins , Tanner and Alnwick.

Eric the Half a Bee
25-09-23, 07:18
Ah, Reading had only played 7 games in the BBC table I looked at, which was after City's 8th game. So they were doing better than I thought after 8 games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62644248

Yes, it was some crash.

We only have to look at the 2006/07 season for our own version. In early October we were unexpectedly top, 6 points clear, won 9 and only lost 1 of our opening 12 games. That start saw us playing some of the best football I've seen from us. Who knows what happened after that, but we won 35 points from the last 34 matches to finish in the bottom half. Some say it was injury to Scimeca, but he did start 35 league games.

It was just as well we started the season as we did. For 34 games our form was relegation form.

North Cardiff Blue
25-09-23, 07:19
What is good about this improvement, we have had three of our best players injured or rested, Ramsey, O'Dowda, and Bowler, we have a far better squad and very good options now outside the first eleven.

Although Ramsey played really well at Swansea, I'm surprised we've found a way of playing without him so quickly.

A Stiker in January we could be a very useful team this season!

Robin Friday's Ghost
25-09-23, 07:21
Irrespective of whether we will finish mid table or higher, most would agree we have enough about us to finish above 23rd surely? A couple of key injuries aside, we've got a good side and, it appears, a good manager. The last three games weren't flukes.

Eric the Half a Bee
25-09-23, 07:24
What is good about this improvement, we have had three of our best players injured or rested, Ramsey, O'Dowda, and Bowler, we have a far better squad and very good options now outside the first eleven.

Although Ramsey played really well at Swansea, I'm surprised we've found a way of playing without him so quickly.

A Stiker in January we could be a very useful team this season!

At the moment O'Dowda and Bowler wouldn't get back in. Who would have thought that?

North Cardiff Blue
25-09-23, 07:27
At the moment O'Dowda and Bowler wouldn't get back in. Who would have thought that?

Crazy but true, they'll have to work really hard to get back in!

Bowler and O'Dowda first 50 minutes, Grant and Tanner when they are knackered and maybe booked, or the other way around!

MacAdder
25-09-23, 07:48
What are your other usernames?

What a bizarre thing to say.

Then again, your ego knows no bounds.
People who call you out must be the same person, a one person crusade :facepalm:

Moving forward, may I suggest you put the odd good thing about City now and again.
There must be one or two favourable stats you can dig up shirley.

North Cardiff Blue
25-09-23, 07:49

We did and shipped out Allsop and what a difference it's made, although with a keeper that was already here. How the hell wasn't he number one last season with those other dopey Managers?

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 08:16
What a bizarre thing to say. Then again, your ego knows no bounds. People who call you out must be the same person, a one person crusade.

Hardly. There are whole host of faceless, anonymous muppets (including your good self) who line up to 'call me out'. That's been going on for many years. Water off a duck's back. But Birchgrove Boozer is obviously not a newcomer despite his latest username only being registered on 04/07/23. It's always nice to know what names these people previously paraded under I reckon.

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 08:19
Barely a Cardiff related post since before the 3 wins in 8 days then back to have a snipe at people daring to modestly enjoy it by posting some (wrong) irrelevant facts about who was 7th last season.

Apologies, I've been on holiday in Corfu. Returned on Tuesday morning, just in time for the Coventry game, about which I wrote a positive comment in Mozzer's thread. Having a snipe at people? Really?

So what were your previous or other current usernames?

MacAdder
25-09-23, 09:25
There are whole host of faceless, anonymous muppets (including your good self) who line up to 'call me out'.

Had it ever occurred to you that there might be a good reason for this.
The content of your posts maybe?

Nah, of course it hadn't.

Name calling doesn't look good BTW.
Say we all muppets on here, who would you say you were?

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 09:40
[QUOTE=MacAdder;5456904Name calling doesn't look good BTW.[/QUOTE]

You've been calling me all sorts for years. It's been personal with you for a long, long time. God knows why, I've never had the misfortune to meet you as far as I'm aware, but you started making personal remarks about me ages ago. It's no big deal, you're by no means the only one, although the number who fall into your category is no doubt smaller than it appears due to frequent username changes and multis.

Credit to you, though. You haven't changed your username. You've been trotting out the same old insults under the MacAdder moniker for years. At least you're consistent.

:thumbup:

Carl Dale's Mole
25-09-23, 10:22
I used to go to the Birch often.

What's it like nowadays? When it's not posting on CCMB obviously.

MacAdder
25-09-23, 10:26

You've been calling me all sorts for years. It's been personal with you for a long, long time. God knows why, I've never had the misfortune to meet you as far as I'm aware, but you started making personal remarks about me ages ago. It's no big deal, you're by no means the only one, although the number who fall into your category is no doubt smaller than it appears due to frequent username changes and multis.

Credit to you, though. You haven't changed your username. You've been trotting out the same old insults under the MacAdder moniker for years. At least you're consistent.

:thumbup:

Aw shucks thanks mate.
Praise indeed from such a distinguished member of society.

Nothing personal at all, its just I, like others it seems, don't happen to like the way you "snipe" (good word that).

Never too late to change :thumbup:

Edit:
I will answer the question I posed for you.
Beaker :biggrin:

Tuerto
25-09-23, 10:27
I used to go to the Birch often.

What's it like nowadays? When it's not posting on CCMB obviously.

I live in Birchgrove, Haven't been there in a long long time. When i did, it was full of 'Locals' (Nothing wrong in that) But the landlord at the time was right up their arses and would serve them first. They'd stand at the bar as well, even when there was plenty of seats. Plenty of fat middle aged blokes talking shit, although i suppose that's what the pub is about. It may have changed since then.

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 10:34
Nothing personal at all, its just I, like others it seems, don't happen to like the way you "snipe" (good word that).

So let's take a quick look at page 6 of this thread. Who was sniping at who?

Was it me sniping away at you and Birchgrove Boozer, or vice versa?

Carl Dale's Mole
25-09-23, 10:34
I live in Birchgrove, Haven't been there in a long long time. When i did, it was full of 'Locals' (Nothing wrong in that) But the landlord at the time was right up their arses and would serve them first. They'd stand at the bar as well, even when there was plenty of seats. Plenty of fat middle aged blokes talking shit, although i suppose that's what the pub is about. It may have changed since then.

Those fat middle aged blokes talking shit are probably the people I grew up with to be honest :hehe:

TheBirchgrovePub
25-09-23, 10:41

I said the last 8 days must have hurt you based on you going out your way to be negative towards people daring to be positive and you called me a strange man. Only one person resorting to insults there

Long time reader of the board, used to post under Balls of Steel

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 10:44
I said the last 8 days must have hurt you based on you going out your way to have a pop at people daring to be positive....

Oh yes, that's exactly what happened.....

Tuerto
25-09-23, 10:44
Those fat middle aged blokes talking shit are probably the people I grew up with to be honest :hehe:

No offence mate, i shouldn't really generalise. This was some years back. It was always ok in there, just seemed like a group who 'owned' the place and the Landlord never seemed to say anything, although i sort of get it :thumbup:

MacAdder
25-09-23, 10:45

FFS :facepalm:

Do I really have to trawl through many dozens of your posts (in the last year that is) to prove who is the "sniper".
Unlike yourself, I have far better things to do with my time.

Stop it now, you are embarrassing yourself.

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 10:45
Do I really have to trawl through many dozens of your posts (in the last year that is) to prove who is the "sniper"...

No. You can just look at page 6 of this thread. Simple as that.

MacAdder
25-09-23, 10:48
No. You can just look at page 6 of this thread. Simple as that.

Yeah. In reaction to a multitude of snipes I've (we've) had to endure.

People on here aren't stupid now give it up.

TheBirchgrovePub
25-09-23, 11:07
Oh yes, that's exactly what happened.....

Adding a laughing face doesn’t make you right you know. People can call it sniping but I think the correct term for how you act is like a bully with some of your posts on here towards posters down the years. A very unpleasant attitude

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 11:12
Yeah. In reaction to a multitude of snipes I've (we've) had to endure.

So on it goes. You love to dish it out but don't like to get it back. That's always been the way with you on here - sniping away at me is fine in your book, but when you get a bit back you start grizzling.

I haven't said anything at all that deserved Birchgrove Boozer's sniping or your input. Nothing negative whatsoever. And I'm not feeling negative in any way either. On the contrary, I'm feeling positive that we're in for a much better season this time around, which is a relief after the garbage the club has served up during the last few years. And I've already said as much, but I appreciate that doesn't fit with your view, so you've ignored it.

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 11:14
Adding a laughing face doesn’t make you right you know. People can call it sniping but I think the correct term for how you act is like a bully with some of your posts on here towards posters down the years. A very unpleasant attitude

I'm a bully now? Dear me....

TheBirchgrovePub
25-09-23, 11:19
I'm a bully now? Dear me....

I’ve not had to go past the first page of your recent posts in the Harry Kane thread to see you acting condescending and adding a load of laughing emojis to someone giving their opinion. As I said, unpleasant attitude.

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 11:24
I’ve not had to go past the first page of your recent posts in the Harry Kane thread to see you acting condescending and adding a load of laughing emojis to someone giving their opinion. As I said, unpleasant attitude.

Laughing at someone's description of Harry Kane equates to being a bully?

Hilts
25-09-23, 11:25

Cmon its a messageboard its nothing personal. If you were in the pub and described Harry Kane as a flat track bully youd be laughed at.

TheBirchgrovePub
25-09-23, 11:29
Cmon its a messageboard its nothing personal. If you were in the pub and described Harry Kane as a flat track bully youd be laughed at.

As a one off in the pub with mates, yes. Using every opportunity possible to act like that and it soon becomes very tiresome, I think we all have a mate like that.

The funny thing is, they never realise …

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 11:42
As a one off in the pub with mates, yes. Using every opportunity possible to act like that and it soon becomes very tiresome, I think we all have a mate like that.

The funny thing is, they never realise …

I think perhaps Mike should remove the smilies. They are clearly a dangerous weapon when used by bullies like me.

TheBirchgrovePub
25-09-23, 11:52
I think perhaps Mike should remove the smilies. They are clearly a dangerous weapon when used by bullies like me.

Fair enough, I tried

TheBirchgrovePub
25-09-23, 11:56
Back to reading from afar for me, not worth it. Be back when we’re promoted :thumbup:

splott parker
25-09-23, 12:23
No offence mate, i shouldn't really generalise. This was some years back. It was always ok in there, just seemed like a group who 'owned' the place and the Landlord never seemed to say anything, although i sort of get it :thumbup:

Royston Vasey:sherlock:

North Cardiff Blue
25-09-23, 12:32
Fair enough, I tried

MacAdder
25-09-23, 12:35
Back to reading from afar for me, not worth it.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I know just how you feel but keep posting, you don't have to reply to everything, or anything for that matter.
You must plough on, don't let the bullies win.

You can do this :thumbup:

North Cardiff Blue
25-09-23, 12:57
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I know just how you feel but keep posting, you don't have to reply to everything, or anything for that matter.
You must plough on, don't let the bullies win.

You can do this :thumbup:

Agreed keep posting :thumbup:

The Lone Gunman
25-09-23, 13:02
I know just how you feel but keep posting, you don't have to reply to everything, or anything for that matter. You must plough on, don't let the bullies win.

This is a sound policy. I won't be badgered off this board by the likes of Birchgrove Boozer and the dastardly MacAdder. I won't let the nasty bullies win.

(Would have added a smiley but it may have been considered offensive by those of a gentle disposition.)

Cardiff-Cal
25-09-23, 16:30
Spot on.

“Wrong.”

Said in the style of The Lone Gunman.

splott parker
25-09-23, 16:48
“Wrong.”

Said in the style of The Lone Gunman.

Erm...It’s ‘Wrong:hehe:’ actually.

Divine Wright
26-09-23, 05:25
"You called Harry Kane a bully! How dare you use modern parlance in a way I don't fully grasp"

"No, you're the big bad bully in fact and I'm going home!"

"Harry Kane is NOT a goat. He's a man! Stop it!"

blubber blubber blubber blubber

oh my god

It's bad enough we've got a harry kane thread.

Loramski
26-09-23, 20:58
"You called Harry Kane a bully! How dare you use modern parlance in a way I don't fully grasp"

"No, you're the big bad bully in fact and I'm going home!"

"Harry Kane is NOT a goat. He's a man! Stop it!"

blubber blubber blubber blubber

oh my god

It's bad enough we've got a harry kane thread.

I felt for Fugsyphil there, he didn't deserve that. I've no idea what TLG was thinking. I've never known him take an interest in cricket so maybe he wasn't familiar with the expression (he said fast-track bully at one point) or just hadn't heard it being applied to Kane before but, either way, it was a massive overreaction and one of the weirder things I've seen on here. And that's a crowded field.

Then Sludge posted twice, in a thread titled 'Re; Harry Kane', to say he wasn't interested in Harry Kane. What's that about?

The Lone Gunman
26-09-23, 21:15
I felt for Fugsyphil there, he didn't deserve that. I've no idea what TLG was thinking. I've never known him take an interest in cricket so maybe he wasn't familiar with the expression (he said fast-track bully at one point) or just hadn't heard it being applied to Kane before but, either way, it was a massive overreaction and one of the weirder things I've seen on here. And that's a crowded field.

Look out, the king of condescension is back in the saddle on his high horse…

As you’re struggling, I’ll tell you exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking the suggestion that Harry Kane’s a flat track bully is laughable. I immediately got called a dick by Fugsyphil for daring to say so, but no big deal. I still think it’s a laughable suggestion. So much so that I genuinely did laugh when I first read it.

But apparently a few other people have said the same thing on the internet over the years, so I guess the idea must have some merit.

Loramski
26-09-23, 21:22

My irony meter just exploded.

The Lone Gunman
26-09-23, 21:38

Naturally.

“I felt for Fugysphil there…”

Sure you did.

City123
26-09-23, 21:49
We could well still finish 23rd, I doubt it though

MacAdder
27-09-23, 09:09

Fair play, I just nearly choked with laughter.
The laughing emoji doesn't do it justice :hehe:

The Lone Gunman
27-09-23, 10:10

Fair play, I just nearly choked with laughter.
The laughing emoji doesn't do it justice :hehe:

Bully.

Wash DC Blue
27-09-23, 10:15
Back to reading from afar for me, not worth it. Be back when we’re promoted :thumbup:

So you aren’t Croesy (2) or Tito Fuentes?

TWGL1
27-09-23, 15:33
Bully.

Keyser Soze
05-04-24, 14:12
Another prediction thread with a range of views

North Cardiff Blue
05-04-24, 14:35

Only QPR below us.

Leicester to win it.

What a job, well done Bulut :thumbup::ayatollah:

llan bluebird
05-04-24, 16:58
Funny to re-read posts......So Bulut has done well as I can't see many playoff predictions.

Keyser Soze
05-04-24, 18:24

Some good calls here, llan, especially the last line. Well done.

Blooburd
05-04-24, 19:08
What a job, well done Bulut :thumbup::ayatollah:

hey you forgot to bash the players who are carrying him kicking and screaming over the line! how can he have full credit if you dont atleast rubbish the team

Carl Dale's Mole
04-05-24, 12:57
BUMP-ing so we can be reminded how wrong FourFourTwo was.

William Treseder
04-05-24, 15:00
though.
Absolutely. It's been fun this far. No expectations whatsoever, so whatever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic.
I noticed this little gem on page 5 by Eric the Half Bee. 😂😂

2b2bdoo
04-05-24, 15:19
I said midtable, can’t get more middle than 12th. I think it’s a respectable league finish, just a shame about the football being so poor.

Eric the Half a Bee
04-05-24, 15:59
though.
I noticed this little gem on page 5 by Eric the Half Bee. ����

At the time of posting it was absolutely correct. I wouldn't hold a comment like that against anyone.

However, I suggest expectation levels two months later when we win at Preston and are looking at the playoffs are not the same. Should, for example, Ipswich fans in the last few games of the season just be grateful for staying up or are their expectation levels very different from last August? The feeling of many fans from how we were doing after we beat Bristol City and how we've ended the season are very different, naturally so. If you're thinking you've got one over on me with this, think again.

William Treseder
04-05-24, 16:12
At the time of posting it was absolutely correct. I wouldn't hold a comment like that against anyone.

However, I suggest expectation levels two months later when we win at Preston and are looking at the playoffs are not the same. Should, for example, Ipswich fans in the last few games of the season just be grateful for staying up or are their expectation levels very different from last August? The feeling of many fans from how we were doing after we beat Bristol City and how we've ended the season are very different, naturally so. If you're thinking you've got one over on me with this, think again.

“What ever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic”
Those were your words. Now you are back tracking. Pathetic! Grow a pair Eric.

Eric the Half a Bee
04-05-24, 16:23
“What ever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic”
Those were your words. Now you are back tracking. Pathetic! Grow a pair Eric.

Not back tracking in the slightest. You're trying to hold words I posted around 8 months ago against me for some reason. Not the first time recently you've tried to score points off me or have a sly dig. Didn't think you were that sad.

Anyway, simple question - the majority of City fans were delighted with the start we made and were saying and posting similar things as I did at the same time. Should those comments be the only ones that matter at the end of this season or are opinions allowed to change depending on how well or otherwise the club does?

I recently posted about the 2006/07 season, where against the odds, we were top of the table and looking every bit like Championship champions after a few months, even though many would never have predicted that at the start of the season. When we finished 13th, many City fans were disappointed, their expectation levels having changed drastically since the start of the season. Is it wrong that should happen?