PDA

View Full Version : Cost Living / Inflation

life on mars
04-08-23, 10:46
On holiday same place every year x 2 can’t think how tough it must be for the folk locally prices on everything off the wall and they don't get the same support as we do.or buying power . Strangely struggling for staff ? Or perhaps can't afford to pay for extra staff .

I'd say it's cheaper to drink and wat in UK .

Supermarkets like Lidl /Aldi prices way higher than ours except for wine .

BLUETIT
04-08-23, 11:02
On holiday same place every year x 2 can’t think how tough it must be for the folk locally prices on everything off the wall and they don't get the same support as we do.or buying power . Strangely struggling for staff ? Or perhaps can't afford to pay for extra staff .

I'd say it's cheaper to drink and wat in UK .

Supermarkets like Lidl /Aldi prices way higher than ours except for wine .

What’s “WAT” ?

North Cardiff Blue
04-08-23, 11:28
Eat I guess, what Country is he on about?

North Cardiff Blue
04-08-23, 11:30
On the pus side you can now get 6.06% on 1 year savings bond.
5.8% per year over years

Cash ISA rates fairly decent too

https://www.money.co.uk/savings-accounts

BLUETIT
04-08-23, 11:46
On the PUS side you can now get 6.06% on 1 year savings bond.
5.8% per year over years

Horrible stuff !

North Cardiff Blue
04-08-23, 11:50
:hehe: couldn't reply with your thread as the board id dying again!

BLUETIT
04-08-23, 11:54
:hehe: couldn't reply with your thread as the board id dying again!

The boards spelling is getting worse as well !

North Cardiff Blue
04-08-23, 12:00
The boards spelling is getting worse as well !

Aye!

J R Hartley
04-08-23, 13:35
Usual bullshit from the Btec Nigel Farage

Ive just come back from Majorca - the posh part too ie Portals Nous - and you can buy cans of 33cl lager - all the top brands - for 65-85 euro cents. Cheaper than you can buy a can of coke.

Large Bocadillos from the supermarkets with chorizo or serrano ham, cheese, tomato - 2 euros (about £1.80) You can get a cornbeef slice from Greggs for that price. You go to any of these small supermarkets that do fresh baguettes and you are paying double that.

superfeathers
04-08-23, 13:39

Ive just come back from Majorca - the posh part too ie Portals Nous - and you can buy cans of 33cl lager - all the top brands - for 65-85 euro cents. Cheaper than you can buy a can of coke.

Large Bocadillos from the supermarkets with chorizo or serrano ham, cheese, tomato - 2 euros (about £1.80) You can get a cornbeef slice from Greggs for that price. You go to any of these small supermarkets that do fresh baguettes and you are paying double that.

Same in the canaries. Some sort of local beer which wasn't all that bad 50 cents. Heineken/Estrella about 70-80. Cartons of wine for 2 euros, and no they weren't that bad!

Taunton Blue Genie
04-08-23, 13:58
On the pus side you can now get 6.06% on 1 year savings bond.
5.8% per year over years

It's enough to make one weep.

Tuerto
04-08-23, 14:39

Btec Farage :hehe: I haven't long come back from Majorca Sa Coma (The poor side :hehe:) and i echo your sentiments. The Aldi there (Cala Millor) was as cheap or cheaper than in the UK (And we're in a resort) The Spar shops are a ****ing gold mine over there, nice coffee, cheap booze, and lighters with naked women on them. All reasonably priced. LOM is a lickspittle Tory arsehole.

Wash DC Blue
04-08-23, 15:16
Btec Farage :hehe: I haven't long come back from Majorca Sa Coma (The poor side :hehe:) and i echo your sentiments. The Aldi there (Cala Millor) was as cheap or cheaper than in the UK (And we're in a resort) The Spar shops are a ****ing gold mine over there, nice coffee, cheap booze, and lighters with naked women on them. All reasonably priced. LOM is a lickspittle Tory arsehole.

Can you still get the pens that you turn upside down to reveal a treat? :)

life on mars
04-08-23, 17:55
I am guilty of going to resorts that can be pricey , and not drinking canned beer, like to eating out just struck how much the prices were post Covid .

A decent Tapas meal with a wine , water for 3 your looking at paying between 54 to 60 euros.

Beer is on average is , 4. 4.50 euros .

Yed the tired local bars tucked around the corners are cheaper at 3.50 euros a pint , run by a single person.

Supermarket goods I was refering too was your washing stuff and coffee , they are a good 30 to 40p dearer sometimes more.

splott parker
04-08-23, 19:26
I am guilty of going to resorts that can be pricey , and not drinking canned beer, like to eating out just struck how much the prices were post Covid .

A decent Tapas meal with a wine , water for 3 your looking at paying between 54 to 60 euros.

Yed the tired local bars tucked around the corners are cheaper at 3.50 euros a pint , run by a single person.

Supermarket goods I was refering too was your washing stuff and coffee , they are a good 30 to 40p dearer sometimes more.

So your Fairy & Daz smuggling days are over then.

Tuerto
04-08-23, 19:58
Can you still get the pens that you turn upside down to reveal a treat? :)

I loved those pens :hehe:

Tuerto
04-08-23, 20:00

What do you expect when you're in a resort-Who the **** is buying Daz on holiday?

splott parker
04-08-23, 21:05
What do you expect when you're in a resort-Who the **** is buying Daz on holiday?

I’d be concerned about the Omo on Lesbos!

Dorcus
04-08-23, 21:18

If you didn't know better you'd almost think he has an agenda.

jon1959
04-08-23, 21:19
I’d be concerned about the Omo on Lesbos!

One Man Operator? On Lesbos? :sherlock:

life on mars
04-08-23, 21:25

Body washing is essential these days

jon1959
04-08-23, 21:30
Body washing is essential these days

You use Daz for body washing?

I start to understand your posting history..... :sherlock:

Made up of: 5-15% Anionic Surfactants, <5% Non-Ionic Surfactants, Phosphonates, Polycarboxylates, Zeolites, Enzymes, Optical Brighteners, Perfumes, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

'Causes serious irritations'. So true.... So true....

celever
04-08-23, 21:36
In the married quarters in Aldershot in the late 70s a box of OMO in the window was Old Man Out or On My Own.

Wash DC Blue
05-08-23, 00:04
In the married quarters in Aldershot in the late 70s a box of OMO in the window was Old Man Out or On My Own.

I seem to remember Steptoe having a box in the kitchen window when he was having a soak in the sink :)

the other bob wilson
05-08-23, 04:03
You use Daz for body washing?

I start to understand your posting history..... :sherlock:

Made up of: 5-15% Anionic Surfactants, <5% Non-Ionic Surfactants, Phosphonates, Polycarboxylates, Zeolites, Enzymes, Optical Brighteners, Perfumes, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

'Causes serious irritations'. So true.... So true....

:hehe:

pipster
06-08-23, 12:28
Been to Croatia, prices gone through the roof but according to the locals it all changed when they joined the euro back in Jan
Chatting to a lovely German couple they mentioned the terrible inflation they have back home. They blamed it all on their govt….

the other bob wilson
06-08-23, 12:34
Bizarre how this thread stays on the main board while a football thread is kept on the other board.