PDA

View Full Version : Following the science -

TWGL1
20-11-23, 18:45
:hehe:

https://x.com/implausibleblog/status/1726623698587656415?s=61&t=opXYWu2ILhmySD2aRt-GNg

So obvious at the time to some

Sir Patrick Vallance; He had a habit of saying things which he didn't have a basis for..

AO: He said things that weren't true?

PV: Yes

Tuerto
20-11-23, 19:18
:hehe:

https://x.com/implausibleblog/status/1726623698587656415?s=61&t=opXYWu2ILhmySD2aRt-GNg

So obvious at the time to some

Sir Patrick Vallance; He had a habit of saying things which he didn't have a basis for..

AO: He said things that weren't true?

PV: Yes

Matt Hancock is a Liar Shock, Horror....

TWGL1
20-11-23, 19:37
Matt Hancock is a Liar Shock, Horror....

Why would he need to lie ? I wonder what’s to hide, if he lied is there any wonder why significant numbers of the public were sceptical?

Self appointed government deputies must be cringing.

Tuerto
20-11-23, 19:43
Why would he need to lie ? I wonder what’s to hide, if he lied is there any wonder why significant numbers of the public were sceptical?

Well, seeing as it's the Governments chief Scientist saying this about Hancock, and agreeing with him, aren't we 'Following the Science"? :thumbup:

TWGL1
21-11-23, 06:06
Well, seeing as it's the Governments chief Scientist saying this about Hancock, and agreeing with him, aren't we 'Following the Science"? :thumbup:

Not really as he’s been not following the science either :hehe:

https://x.com/hirdygurdy/status/1726671784781697479?s=61&t=opXYWu2ILhmySD2aRt-GNg

It’s almost as if they all were at some point in time.

the other bob wilson
21-11-23, 06:46
Not really as he’s been not following the science either :hehe:

https://x.com/hirdygurdy/status/1726671784781697479?s=61&t=opXYWu2ILhmySD2aRt-GNg

It’s almost as if they all were at some point in time.

I'm confused, I assume that clip is from early March 2020 when, for a short while, the UK was following the herd immunity line and then , within a day or two, it all changed because of Ferguson's modelling which showed half a million could die. Are you saying that they were wrong to push the herd immunity line and then wrong to change their minds about it?

TWGL1
21-11-23, 07:14
sage was all for this herd immunity thing also- so they must of also thought the modelling was wildly inaccurate, especially when you take into account the other modelling undertakings in respect of the effects of lockdowns on the population- which we are seeing now which the significant spike in excess deaths, particularly in people under 50.

https://x.com/ian_fraser/status/1397122318435078144?s=61&t=opXYWu2ILhmySD2aRt-GNg

the other bob wilson
21-11-23, 08:30
sage was all for this herd immunity thing also- so they must of also thought the modelling was wildly inaccurate, especially when you take into account the other modelling undertakings in respect of the effects of lockdowns on the population- which we are seeing now which the significant spike in excess deaths, particularly in people under 50.

https://x.com/ian_fraser/status/1397122318435078144?s=61&t=opXYWu2ILhmySD2aRt-GNg

I'm not sure that clip confirms that SAGE, as a body, were ever in favour of herd immunity, it would be news to me if they were. My recollection is that, as shown by the video you linked, Valance, and maybe Whitty, spoke in favour of herd immunity for a short period of possibly as little as two or three days before a decision was made that the number of deaths, as predicted by modelling, was too high and another approach was required. The situation was so fast moving that I'm not sure SAGE would have been able to convene a meeting where all members could agree with what Valance and others were saying for that very short period before the herd mentality approach was abandoned.

TWGL1
21-11-23, 09:31
I'm not sure that clip confirms that SAGE, as a body, were ever in favour of herd immunity, it would be news to me if they were. My recollection is that, as shown by the video you linked, Valance, and maybe Whitty, spoke in favour of herd immunity for a short period of possibly as little as two or three days before a decision was made that the number of deaths, as predicted by modelling, was too high and another approach was required. The situation was so fast moving that I'm not sure SAGE would have been able to convene a meeting where all members could agree with what Valance and others were saying for that very short period before the herd mentality approach was abandoned.

It wasn’t fast moving , from about two weeks in it was obvious a “case demic” and it was also obvious that the PCR test was set too high which resulted in common symptoms being incorrectly identified as Covid.

Furthermore the PM knew in 2020 (prior to any vaccination rollout) that the average age of a Covid death was higher than the average death rate.

That is probably why Ferguson and Cummings broke the rules very early in to the pandemic and why many people didn’t fall for the “scare the pants off them” narrative.

cyril evans awaydays
21-11-23, 09:59
It wasn’t fast moving , from about two weeks in it was obvious a “case demic” and it was also obvious that the PCR test was set too high which resulted in common symptoms being incorrectly identified as Covid.

Furthermore the PM knew in 2020 (prior to any vaccination rollout) that the average age of a Covid death was higher than the average death rate.

That is probably why Ferguson and Cummings broke the rules very early in to the pandemic and why many people didn’t fall for the “scare the pants off them” narrative.

If only you had been posting this "obvious" stuff at the time I guess you might have talked some people out of their groupthink. We had to make do with WalesBales spouting nonsense and then contradicting himself every week or so until he took a year's sabbatical.

Taunton Blue Genie
21-11-23, 10:29

Who appoints themself as a government deputy?

the other bob wilson
21-11-23, 10:34

The very fact the top Government scientists were saying one thing one day and something completely different a couple of days later proves that the situation was fast moving. I guarantee you were thinking something completely different in early March 2020 than you do now.

TWGL1
21-11-23, 11:10
The very fact the top Government scientists were saying one thing one day and something completely different a couple of days later proves that the situation was fast moving. I guarantee you were thinking something completely different in early March 2020 than you do now.

I feel the same now as then , give or take a week or so after it first started, especially when I had Covid symptoms in the November prior to the first lockdown, which suggested it was prevalent much sooner.

the other bob wilson
21-11-23, 11:32
I feel the same now as then , give or take a week or so after it first started, especially when I had Covid symptoms in the November prior to the first lockdown, which suggested it was prevalent much sooner.

I’m sure you weren’t.

You and others say it’s no different to flu and yet you’re saying you had it a couple of months before it’s supposed to have arrived in this country, isn’t it more likely you just had the flu?

cyril evans awaydays
21-11-23, 12:09
I’m sure you weren’t.

You and others say it’s no different to flu and yet you’re saying you had it a couple of months before it’s supposed to have arrived in this country, isn’t it more likely you just had the flu?

Not only had it but bravely made it into work every day so it could spread around it seems!

TWGL1
21-11-23, 14:33
Not only had it but bravely made it into work every day so it could spread around it seems!

I work from home you ****ing knob

Can’t help yourself butting in and making assertions can you?

If you want to discuss any additional health issues I may or may not have not suffered , PM me bra ….. in the meantime…..

TWGL1
21-11-23, 14:35
I’m sure you weren’t.

Who knows but the symptoms are identical if that’s the case …. So is the IFR rate ,

cyril evans awaydays
22-11-23, 15:35

If you want to discuss any additional health issues I may or may not have not suffered , PM me bra ….. in the meantime…..

Oops sorry if I triggered your passive aggression.

I was just wondering how someone who had not had a day's sick leave in 35 years caught flu/covid so regularly yet soldiered on, sometimes visiting state of the art environmental facilities in their top of the range high performance car. I thought based on your posts that you were in tip-top condition but if for any reason that is true then you have my sympathies.

TWGL1
22-11-23, 20:54
Oops sorry if I triggered your passive aggression.

I was just wondering how someone who had not had a day's sick leave in 35 years caught flu/covid so regularly yet soldiered on, sometimes visiting state of the art environmental facilities in their top of the range high performance car. I thought based on your posts that you were in tip-top condition but if for any reason that is true then you have my sympathies.

You sound really jealous - and yes I still haven’t had a days sick even through a pandemic - whatever I had was mild

Do you want my Facebook account so you can be even more envious?

Imagine being so insecure about a poster on a message board

cyril evans awaydays
22-11-23, 21:02
You sound really jealous - and yes I still haven’t had a days sick even through a pandemic - whatever I had was mild

Do you want my Facebook account so you can be even more envious?

Imagine being so insecure about a poster on a message board

Yeah go on then, PM me for a laugh

TWGL1
22-11-23, 21:04
Laugh about what , you’re jealous as **** - it’s hilarious

cyril evans awaydays
22-11-23, 21:05
Laugh about what , you’re jealous as **** - it’s hilarious

You made an offer, I accepted. No biggie!

TWGL1
22-11-23, 21:09
You made an offer, I accepted. No biggie!

Pmd bra

cyril evans awaydays
22-11-23, 21:17
Pmd bra

Right , you can have it but you must not contravene data protection

Apart from looking an idiot, what does that mean?

TWGL1
22-11-23, 21:20
Right , you can have it but you must not contravene data protection

Apart from looking an idiot, what does that mean?

You know what it means bra, and why copy the PM I sent on here?

Weird ****

Rent free my Lord …..

Doucas
23-11-23, 06:38
Another success for the anti science brigade. Cardiff has the biggest measles outbreak in the UK.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/map-shows-cardiff-biggest-outbreak-28153981#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

TWGL1
23-11-23, 06:59
Another success for the anti science brigade. Cardiff has the biggest measles outbreak in the UK.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/map-shows-cardiff-biggest-outbreak-28153981#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

Stop calling Tony Blair anti science-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/jun/02/liam-donaldson-tony-leo-blair-mmr#:~:text=Tony%20Blair%27s%20reluctance%2C%20whe n%20prime,Donaldson%20has%20confirmed%20as%20he

https://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/12/23/britain.blair/index.html

I think you’re way behind the facts in many areas, hence why you come out with some very different conclusions

lardy
23-11-23, 14:07
Stop calling Tony Blair anti science-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/jun/02/liam-donaldson-tony-leo-blair-mmr#:~:text=Tony%20Blair%27s%20reluctance%2C%20whe n%20prime,Donaldson%20has%20confirmed%20as%20he

https://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/12/23/britain.blair/index.html

I think you’re way behind the facts in many areas, hence why you come out with some very different conclusions

Hesitate to ask the same question - but did you read these articles?

TWGL1
23-11-23, 14:23

Yeh at the time I did it was well known he opposed it and I’ve no reason not to believe he changed his mind regardless of what you think.Even if he did change his mind the fact that he withheld the information speaks volumes doesn’t it especially in his position at the time.

This the same guy who pushed Iraq into war on false claims which resulted in ~4m deaths and displacements - you are trusting him are you :hehe:

I gave you solid advice earlier, I’d loath to see you hiding behind the sofa.

lardy
23-11-23, 14:37
Let's just do this one step at a time

Could you help me find the bit in those articles where Blair opposed the vaccines?

TWGL1
23-11-23, 14:45
Let's just do this one step at a time

Could you help me find the bit in those articles where Blair opposed the vaccines?

Without sounding like I’m repeating myself , I’m not your personal google search engine

This tends to speak volumes - inverted commas , basically as assumption

Blair baby 'has had' MMR jab

TWGL1
23-11-23, 14:52
The ESRC report demonstrated the high awareness amongst the public of the Leo Blair issue, in spite of it not being the most prominent aspect of the media coverage. In December 2001, during Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons, Tony Blair was asked whether his infant son had been immunised with MMR. Mr Blair declined to answer on the basis that it was a private family matter. The perception in the media was that if Leo had been immunised, Mr Blair would have been happy to say so. His wife, Cherie Blair, had been the subject of media reports highlighting her interest in New Age alternative medicine which contributed to the suspicion that Mr Blair was promoting MMR in public but opting out in private. The impact of this issue on immunisation levels is hard to measure in isolation but uptake certainly fell in the wake of the publicity (Fitzpatrick, 2004).

Note - uptake fell in the wake of publicity - so that in itself suggests he was not actually acting in the public’s best interests- ok bra

cyril evans awaydays
23-11-23, 15:11

Given that the "has had" headline came from a completely different Guardian article than the one he posted. Indeed there are 12 years between them, I think you have your answer!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2001/dec/23/uk.research

TWGL1
23-11-23, 15:21
Given that the "has had" headline came from a completely different Guardian article than the one he posted. Indeed there are 12 years between them, I think you have your answer!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2001/dec/23/uk.research

In your opinion, Lardy , sorry CEA , what’s funny though is that if you read an assumed story you agree with it , but if a person with a different opinion posts an assumed story you don’t :hehe:

In conclusion ( which you have failed to mention) :-

The impact of this issue on immunisation levels is hard to measure in isolation but uptake certainly fell in the wake of the publicity (Fitzpatrick, 2004). There is nothing more to say in response the statement- There appears to be overwhelming evidence that, because of his profile at the time, he may have caused deaths in children (with the reduced uptake)

If you want to defend him then you’re a hypocrite.

cyril evans awaydays
23-11-23, 15:24
Just doing my own research. What's not to like?

TWGL1
23-11-23, 15:26
Just doing my own research. What's not to like?

Of course , when it suits ,MH

Doucas
23-11-23, 15:33
Without sounding like I’m repeating myself , I’m not your personal google search engine

Hahahahahahaha you do this every single time. You spout utter nonsense, make a claim. Others ask for evidence of your claim, you reply 'google it', we then Google it and find nothing about the drivel you're speaking about.

cyril evans awaydays
23-11-23, 15:35
Of course , when it suits ,MH

I guess during your extensive research you would have seen that the prime determinant for the MMR take up was the Lancet article that linked it to autism, which was partially retracted in 2004 and fully in 2010. Rates then rose from around 80% peaking at 93% in 2013/14.

Out of interest, given that take up rates were over 90% at the time of your son's stated 2nd birthday did you follow the science or your opinion or would you rather not say whether he "has had" it?

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resource/vaccination-coverage-for-children-and-mothers-1

TWGL1
23-11-23, 15:37
Hahahahahahaha you do this every single time. You spout utter nonsense, make a claim. Others ask for evidence of your claim, you reply 'google it', we then Google it and find nothing about the drivel you're speaking about.

No offence but this is coming from a kid who is too sacred to have kids because of climate change :hehe:

I bet you have a secret crush of Greta , she a great actress.

TWGL1
23-11-23, 15:38
I guess during your extensive research you would have seen that the prime determinant for the MMR take up was the Lancet article that linked it to autism, which was partially retracted in 2004 and fully in 2010. Rates then rose from around 80% peaking at 93% in 2013/14.

Out of interest, given that take up rates were over 90% at the time of your son's stated 2nd birthday did you follow the science or your opinion or would you rather not say whether he "has had" it?

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resource/vaccination-coverage-for-children-and-mothers-1

Just like Tony Blair it’s a personal matter.Why do you press posters on their kids etc ?

cyril evans awaydays
23-11-23, 15:44
Just like Tony Blair it’s a personal matter.Why do you press posters on their kids etc ?

I think you introduced him to us from memory. Anyway, fully respect your desire to keep things private. I won't intrude anymore on what seems an extremely busy working day for you!

TWGL1
23-11-23, 15:47
I think you introduced him to us from memory. Anyway, fully respect your desire to keep things private. I won't intrude anymore on what seems an extremely busy working day for you!

The joys of free Wi-Fi on the Trans Pennine Express and free drinks

cyril evans awaydays
23-11-23, 15:51
The joys of free Wi-Fi on the Trans Pennine Express and free drinks

Doh, how silly do I look. Still the free drinks bit explains a lot!

TWGL1
23-11-23, 16:37
Doh, how silly do I look. Still the free drinks bit explains a lot!

Always a little snide comment …..

cyril evans awaydays
23-11-23, 17:08
Always a little snide comment …..

I bet you have a secret crush of Greta , she a great actress.:shrug:

TWGL1
23-11-23, 17:36
I bet you have a secret crush of Greta , she a great actress.:shrug:

Absolutely merited as well don’t you think ?

But you just do it as a matter of course - particularly against particular posters. It’s funny as ****. Carry on though it’s entertaining.

cyril evans awaydays
23-11-23, 18:05

:shrug:

lardy
24-11-23, 11:39

It's a great retort, I can see why you use it at least every other day. But it doesn't really fit here, as I'm asking you about two articles that you posted on here. Where in those articles does Blair oppose vaccines?

TWGL1
24-11-23, 11:44
It's a great retort, I can see why you use it at least every other day. But it doesn't really fit here, as I'm asking you about two articles that you posted on here. Where in those articles does Blair oppose vaccines?

I’ve already replied bra , did you consider the BBC websites after. I tell you what’s really good about them , anything that’s against the official narrative is usually subjected to moderation, that would be great for you.

lardy
24-11-23, 13:00
I’ve already replied bra , did you consider the BBC websites after. I tell you what’s really good about them , anything that’s against the official narrative is usually subjected to moderation, that would be great for you.

Snide comment aside, where did you reply? I can't see it in the thread

Just a copy and paste from the article(s) will do to answer my question, nothing strenuous.

Heathblue
24-11-23, 13:09

Two pronged attack you must be over target 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

TWGL1
24-11-23, 13:14
Two pronged attack you must be over target ����������������

The two are in tandem , it’s funny seeing the dynamic duo ( probably the same one) get so excited :hehe:

Heathblue
24-11-23, 13:21
The two are in tandem , it’s funny seeing the dynamic duo ( probably the same one) get so excited :hehe:

They did/do it to Wales Bales, he must be taking a sabbatical for a while.

cyril evans awaydays
24-11-23, 15:11

I think D ( the artist formerly known as Wales-Bales) takes sabbaticals the same way that Doctor Who does, Nels!

Tuerto
24-11-23, 15:47

He never went away.

Heathblue
24-11-23, 16:48
He never went away.

I,ve never been analytical enough to notice the different names when it happens I cannot be arsed with new logins which means I just get myself into trouble 🤣🤣

Tuerto
24-11-23, 18:06
I,ve never been analytical enough to notice the different names when it happens I cannot be arsed with new logins which means I just get myself into trouble 🤣🤣

I don't usually notice, but i'm pretty certain that WB is still posting under a different guise. Not that it bothers me :thumbup:

Heathblue
25-11-23, 11:45
More conSPiraCy SCienCe to follow.
Putting the comments aside, It's a bloody good fred by the Dr. IMO, who incidentally has been cancelled many times!!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Until the 1970, the majority of the people were fit as a fiddle! No keto, vegan, or paleo diets. No home aerobics or gym memberships. No fancy fitness tech or wellness influencers. They also weren't drinking protein shakes or counting calories.<br><br>So, what went wrong? A THREAD 🧵⬇️ <a href="https://t.co/dCnHWL1QLq">pic.twitter.com/dCnHWL1QLq</a></p>&mdash; Dr. Simon Goddek (@goddeketal) <a href="https://twitter.com/goddeketal/status/1728136904028365161?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 24, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jon1959
30-11-23, 10:10
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67559629

TWGL1
30-11-23, 10:29
Sad story , especially if they may have been denied access to healthcare.

Dr Shanker said it was "absolutely vital" to target those groups of people as false claims online "resulted in not just reduced vaccine uptake, but also denied access - delayed access - to health care