PDA

View Full Version : Boxing this evening.

Wash DC Blue
08-03-24, 21:06
Anyone tuning in?

Atmosphere is very poor and it’s taking an age between fights.
Looking forward to watching Nick Ball having a crack against Vargas and Parker v Zhang.

I’m going against conventional wisdom and Ithink that Ngannou will clean AJ’s clock.

Joshua will try to stick behind his jab but Ngannou will connect at some point and I just don’t think that Joshua has the chin or the heart to deal with him after that.

Wash DC Blue
08-03-24, 22:33
Poor decision for a Draw there with Nick Ball and Vargas IMO.

2 Knock downs and full on aggression from the scouse lad.

WJ99mobile
08-03-24, 22:37
Any streams

BlueArmy 86
08-03-24, 22:45
Ball got robbed

The atmosphere is non existent. It’s like the CCS in the Slade days.

goats
08-03-24, 22:53
Boxing in Saudi ffs….ever heard of a Saudi boxer?

Keyser Soze
08-03-24, 22:56
I think Ngannou will get this.

Audience is pretty good too. Anthony “Milllion Dollar” Crolla was a nice fighter. He still looks in shape and is a bloody sharp dresser too!

But I can’t believe how mucb weight Groves has piled on. I loved the scraps with Froch and loved the first fight when he floored Froch and the hype around it. Groves just cracks me up he is a proper chipper bugger. Remember him playing the Rubiks Cube at the media gig when Froch was trying to be serious?!!! He got into Froch’s head for real

Keyser Soze
08-03-24, 23:05
Loved this

https://youtu.be/XYs3k-jJ3KQ?si=9q0l2l4ErUvnJ-2q

Rattled Froch and delivered on his promise to jab him then deck him in the opening rounds. That was an amazing fight. Just never seen Froch rattled so easily leading up to a fight. Groves’ psychological tricks worked, right up to the point where he ran out of gas.

Breathtaking fight.

Wash DC Blue
08-03-24, 23:12
Zhang is massive.
More menacing and mobile than Valuev.

No punches thrown but Zhang just walking Parker down so far.

Harry Paget Flashman
09-03-24, 00:35

Audience is pretty good too. Anthony “Milllion Dollar” Crolla was a nice fighter. He still looks in shape and is a bloody sharp dresser too!

But I can’t believe how mucb weight Groves has piled on. I loved the scraps with Froch and loved the first fight when he floored Froch and the hype around it. Groves just cracks me up he is a proper chipper bugger. Remember him playing the Rubiks Cube at the media gig when Froch was trying to be serious?!!! He got into Froch’s head for real

Clueless. :hehe:

Wash DC Blue
09-03-24, 00:36
Shows WTF I Know.
Heck of a KO by Joshua!

Michael Morris
09-03-24, 00:36
Brutal. AJ wins.

Wash DC Blue
09-03-24, 00:37
Eddie’s cash cow is back.

MacAdder
09-03-24, 00:38
Ngannou was out before hitting the deck.

Brutal indeed.

blue sky
09-03-24, 00:39

https://youtu.be/psZXyooc-AI?si=0TEa4sQvMhzyp4gE

BlueArmy 86
09-03-24, 00:50
That was some performance from AJ, you gotta say. Devastating knock out.

Keeps the division alive now, we gotta see him against Fury within 12 months.

Wash DC Blue
09-03-24, 00:56
Watching the knockout on replay and there are several locals front row, looking at their phones ffs.

Tuerto
09-03-24, 01:02
That was some performance from AJ, you gotta say. Devastating knock out.

Keeps the division alive now, we gotta see him against Fury within 12 months.

He knocked out a bloke who had no idea how to protect his chin, it was essentially two free shots. He did what he should do.

Wash DC Blue
09-03-24, 01:36
He knocked out a bloke who had no idea how to protect his chin, it was essentially two free shots. He did what he should do.

He was incredibly static and open.
I was surprised how Joshua approached it though.
I honestly thought that he would be wary of throwing.

Ultimately, he did a much much better job of beating a now 0-2 professional boxing novice than Fury did.

My admiration for Fury has gone south recently. I’d love him to batter AJ as I really don’t like him or Eddie Hearn.

Let’s see how he gets on against Usyk and if this result motivates him.